Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Litany of Hate, Word Bearers 40k log.

Commander

Re: Litany of Hate, Word Bearers 40k log.

Model 5:
    Front:

Model's Left:

Back:

Model's Right:

As you can see I've opted to attempt to paint the top-knot as a flame, any opinions, I'm not quite sure about it. it is my first attempt at such a thing, I can understand why most people paint their flames inside out now.

Commander

And here's a group shot, as you can see i've gone back over the bolters based on some critiscism I recieved, i think it was for the best.

I like what you've done with the flaming topknot. It's a nice burst of color in the group without breaking the tone.

Commander

Quote Originally Posted by Meticulous View Post
    I like what you've done with the flaming topknot. It's a nice burst of color in the group without breaking the tone.
    thanks, I think I'll follow the theme on any top-knotted models and since I intend on using a few Flagellant bits on them too.

Commander

Right, so my painting and modelling area has been updated with BEER!

thanks christmas.

Commander

May I present for your viewing pleasure, some progress?

I've added some gold bling, and finished off the Crozius, book and armour plates, no I haven't done anything about the head, mainly because I have no idea what to do. I have also for the first time cropped the images into a more extreme close up, which shows my brushwork up to it's truly rubbish state. But then, the photos are very enlarged by comparison with life, so what does it really matter?

Front:

Model's Left:

Back:

Model's Right:

Commander

I'll also include some close up shots of the back of the Crozius head and the book

The Back of the Crozius shows my very first attempt at some source lighting, I've gone for only limited effect, is it too small, any suggestions on improving it?
    Crozius:

Oh and for the missed bits on the staff, those have been cleaned up now, didn't notice till after I'd taken the photo and uploaded it.

The book is currently being finished with gold on the corners instead of the silver.
    Book:

I like it, a lot. Very intimidating. I should do a squad of Word Bearers for my Chaos army, I've never actually painted good, strong reds before...

Commander

Why you lucky, lucky people you're all in for an update!

Work has progressed on my Dark Apostle and here for your viewing pleasure he is. I have finished his core body, added a shoulder cape and his other arm. Since photography I have also mounted him on his base and added an extra secret surprise, still to do: his backpack. Coming Soon in all his Glory shall be the Perverse Preacher.

But until then.

Front:

Model's Left:

Back:

Model's Right:

Commander

This post contains group shots of all the new bits and bits worked on since previous updates, all tastefully captured in one image.

The Crozius has been tidied up, the chest rag has been added and my second experiment with Source Lighting in the form of his Plasma pistol, the pictures of the sculpted Legion Symbol didn't come out too well, but hey.

Close Ups:

I like what you've done so far.

Your Dark Apostle looks great (I too purchased the Huron but kept it as it is ), the various conversions make it look quite distinct.

If I were to suggest one improvement, then it would be to try some blacklining to neaten up the paintjob a bit. Otherwise, looking great!

*subscribed*
    http://circusofpaint.wordpress.com

Participating in the Tale of Age of Sigmar 2015 - 2016

Quote Originally Posted by LokkoRex View Post
    ...seems like everything Mister Feral do turns 24-carat hobby gold.

Yeah I agree with Mr Feral, just a little bit of neatening up will really briong out the life in these models
    Elysians Blog (now with added Deathwatch): http://www.warseer.com/forums/showth...25#post5042725

New Review site, we cover GW/BL/All forms of geekery: http://www.fiftyshadesofgeek.org/, also on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/50shadesofgeek and twitter @shadesofgeek

I can't say I dig the cloth hanging off his chest/arm, but the plasma pistol (and the whole model) look excellent, especially after you clean up that little burp of cloth paint on the shoulder.

Commander

Finally complete I present to you in his unholy glory, the Malign Monk, the Dire Damagogue, the Perverse Preacher, Dark Apostle Carnac of The Word Bearer Legion, Blessed of Lorgar and Ambassador of the Gods of the Immaterium.

Please leave as much critique and criticism as possible for I have had this model complete for a week and am still impressed by it more than any other model in my collection.

First I give you the traditional 360 of the model.

Front:

Model's Left:

Back:

Model's Right:

Commander

Featured here are some detail shots of various parts of the Dark Apostle.

First: Accuresed Crozius, Plasma Pistol, Chest Cloth, and Book LVXII of Lorgar

Second: Backpack Personal Icon, Impurity Seal including some Base detail and Latros Sanctum emblazoned Backpack.

Commander

Right, here goes, I have actually been making some slow progress on this army, budget and time constraints have hit a little heavily, no more completed models yet, but here's a quick WIP shot of the latest batch of five Marines. These include the Aspiring Champion, Icon Bearer and two special weapon Marines, (Flamer and Melta Gun) plus another Bolter Marine. I've used a few Black Templar pieces here, mainly shoulder pads and weapons, although the icon bearer is wearing a tabard from it. His Bolter was made cut'n'shut style from a Black Templars Bolt Pistol and a CSM Bolter, it ain't perfect but it'll do.

Based on some critiscism I've been more careful with the black lining that seemed to have gone missing, it really helps.

Backpacks and bases are on the way, and they all need some minor extra details like the inmpurity seals/litanies. I really want to get them finished by the end of the weekend so I can start butchering that Flagellant box to make some more interesting Bolt Pistol/CCW Marines, after that I'm thinking some Terminators with Aspiring Champion/Lord - My Coryphaus then some Possessed. I think that eventually I will be adding a Dreadnaught converted from the SM kit and a Land Raider, possibly some Melta Havocs and some Rhinos or Vindicators or both. I like the idea of them a s a mid-ranged assault army with quite a lot of melta weapons. I may need to pluck up the courage and cash for a ForgeWorld order, but not for superheavies, at least not yet.

Anyway the photo:

C&C please

That new squad-ette looks great! The more I look the more I like it, especially with the blacklining - it's looking much better.

Can we get some shots of the BT shoulder pads?

They look really good! The red seems so smooth and rich in colour, and the BT parts fit in well (especially the tabard!).

Nice!
    http://circusofpaint.wordpress.com

Participating in the Tale of Age of Sigmar 2015 - 2016

Quote Originally Posted by LokkoRex View Post
    ...seems like everything Mister Feral do turns 24-carat hobby gold.

I think you could do with laying off the grey dry brushing a little , it looks really good in some places and bad in others such as the boltguns.
    You might want to use a bit more detail in some places like the eyes and helmets but as mentioned above it might make the models look boring.The bases don't look right on the model except from the apostle.
    The apostle looks really good but I'am not a big fan of the other models though but they do look good though.
    Last edited by kaimarion; 15-05-2008 at 21:41.

THE LOST WORLD FACEBOOK TWITTER

Reptiles, amphibians and creepy stuff

Commander

Thanks for all the comments folks, and an apology for lack of promised updates. There is progress along the way I promise.

Just to quickly address some of the comments raised by kaimarion,

1. The bases I know are a little (a lot?) off, I have worked on this for some as of yet unphotographed models and it looks a lot better, I think I can achieve some semblance of it with the bases on those five. I think I went a bit overboard highlighting them to be honest, the newer ones are simultaneously more and less detailed.

2.The first five Bolters' grey parts were completed after I had finished the models so to speak and so were quite rushed, I've been a lot more careful with the later ones and I feel I've got them down now, hopefully you'll see a difference.

3. How do I say this, I'm not exactly a fan of these first examples either (apart from the Apsotle of course) They were more of an exercise in getting the techniques and look how I wanted them, rather than as something more elaborate, I wanted to see if I could achieve anything like it rather than go to a lot of trouble only to find out I couldn't. This may be why I'm struggling to find the motivation to finish painting them! After all they are a bunch of CSM's with Boltguns assembled straight from the box bar the odd impurity seal and BT part. I see them more as a start than anything else.

Anyway thanks again to everyone who has commented so far and I hope I can actually get some paint onto models and photos onto the 'net for your future perusal before too long.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast