Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: So, what's next for LOTR SBG?

So, what's next for LOTR SBG?

So, what's next for LOTR SBG?

Obviously there is the summer campaign.

But then what?

With the news that GW will be releasing more film based blisters (such as mounted Isildur and armoured Celeborn) I am expecting a consolidated LOTR SBG rulebook.

But the next supplement?

I have a feeling that it will cover the Last Alliance and possibly the war between the Elves and Sauron following the making of the Rings of Power.
    'Some who have read the book, or at any rate have reviewed it, have found it boring, absurd, or contemptible; and I have no cause to complain, since I have similar opinions of their works' JRR Tolkien

Re: So, what's next for LOTR SBG?

Its all good, I've only just started and already waaay over my head, still beats WHFB

Ahmato

Mirkwood.

Spiders!
    Gold LOTR poster/nut '06 and '07
    Most Northerly Wastoid '07
    ...plus a few other things...

So there!

The Bergen Boltgun Association

I heard that after the big rule book is released we will be seeing "Shadow of the East' which will include plastic Easterlings

True. You have the "Shadows of the East", then the new core set "Mines of Moria", and then "Mirkwood".
    Gold LOTR poster/nut '06 and '07
    Most Northerly Wastoid '07
    ...plus a few other things...

So there!

The Bergen Boltgun Association

Ahh yes, I forgot the Mines of Moria based box set that someone helpfully posted pics of on the 'old' Portent.
    'Some who have read the book, or at any rate have reviewed it, have found it boring, absurd, or contemptible; and I have no cause to complain, since I have similar opinions of their works' JRR Tolkien

Mines of Moria is the new 'Starter' box set. Containing all the basic rules. The FOTR, TT and ROTK rulebooks will become (or be republished as) something like Armybooks, but with all the characters and stuff in there.

Mirkwood will also be another 'Starter' box, possibly more generic, without a Fellowship in it. A couple or other supplements will follow, like the aforementioned Easterlings. There's talk of a 'Necromancer' supplement, but that could be Mirkwood too.

Do we have any dates for these releases yet?

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

I belive the starter sets are just within GWs 6 month schedule , the rest are within the year IIRC

Mines of Moria should be out later this year.

Have fun,

Rolf.

According to what I was told at the Seminars at GD Atlanta, It will follow the same release schedule as 40K did last year.

Hard cover rule book - September
    Starter game - October

hi guys.

I have read a lot of "mixed" things here. but as we used to said: "a image is better than a 1000 words" .

Following the Atlanta GD seminar, as Major Thom has said:

http://www.bigjoeduke.com/GamesDay20...a/dscn0296.gif

http://www.bigjoeduke.com/GamesDay20...a/DSCN0297.JPG

http://www.bigjoeduke.com/GamesDay20...a/DSCN0298.JPG

http://www.bigjoeduke.com/GamesDay20...a/DSCN0299.JPG

And I wonder...where is TLA rumored suplement?
    Last edited by duendegris; 22-04-2005 at 17:33.

oooh, plastic easterlings..!

I'd love to see plastic spiders (and I don't even play LOTR), but I guess they would have said 'plastic' if this was going to be the case. Even metal ones could be very cool, potentially.

So this years 'big one' will be LOTR. I presume that 2006 will then see the new WHFB and the rumoured WHFB version of BGinME.

I know isn´t the right forum but Brandir .... rumoured WHFB version of BGinME??

And had not semi-confirmed that the next suplement would be TLA? Maybe was delayed?

The Last Alliance supplement was only a rumour; I have never heard even 'semi' comfirmation of such a book. However, it is a sensible assessment to make - a Last Alliance based supplement would be very popular and relatively easy for even GW staff members to write without compoletely ruining Tolkien's work.

On the otherfront, following the incredible success of BGinME GW investigated the possibility of doing a similar thing to WH40K and/or WHFB, To the extent that about 4 months ago they advertised in WD for someone to coordinate the magazine. But please remember that many GW projects don't actually get published despite the work that staff members put into it. I am guessing that the part work will be WHFB as this would fit into the next release of this game. However, WH40K as a part work would also be good as I think it would be more popular than fantasy and easier to do.

I'd expect 40k to get the BGiME treatment first as it's just had a new edition and it'd be a doddle to do Space Marines and some enemies for 50 issues. It'd sell. Fantasy I would expect after it gets a new edition in a year or two.
    "The Lost- they return?"
    "Aye, my Lord. For good or ill, the were-kin shall once more stalk the domains of Man."
    Please read the posting guidelines. Really.

RIP Jon Wilson/Brimstone. 1967-2009

If you can please donate to Jon's Gift of Hope Fund in aid of the British Heart Foundation

Chapter Master

Quote Originally Posted by t-tauri
    I'd expect 40k to get the BGiME treatment first as it's just had a new edition and it'd be a doddle to do Space Marines and some enemies for 50 issues. It'd sell. Fantasy I would expect after it gets a new edition in a year or two.
    It will be a 40k version of BGME for the next partwork if it is released.

Thanks Brandir. I had believed to hear some things about a possible suplement (but yes, only rumors) of TLA in one of the Gw´s seminars or in a chat with Alessio, Mat and Adam, but I don´t remenber where

And the possible BGoME for WF or 40k.. don´t know in other countries, but here in Spain, 4 or 5 years ago (don´t remenber exactly ) we had one colectible of warhammer, with the 5th edition minis and rules, so this idea is not a surprise for us . But always is welcome

This item is out os stock, but you can see how was it here (in spanish): http://www.altaya.es/ficha.php?id=65

Namárië

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast