Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 LastLast

Thread: good vs. evil

Re: good vs. evil

Oooh a chaplain dreadnought is it?

Yep, yep. Page 23 close to the bottom is a pic of what I plan to make real. As I see it there is no reason not to get what I want.

Some pics of glowing PA. The orange guys, you might recall.

A playable army. I sometimes forget that myself. And I think I really never played this army.
    Sucks. Should do it.

Later
    "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!"
    \m/ Metalhead of Warseer \m/

Got some work done. Getting my hands on a really wonderful bike by a little manufacturer called reaper helped. Their Chronoscope range is of immense quality. Sculpts and casts. Love ´em.

Here:

If anyone can recommend good bikes, preferred metal, actually only metal, it would be appreciated.

Work is still a bit slow, but I work every night, at least for an hour or so. Dug out the rest of my Space Wolves, metals of course. To be seen shortly.

Cheers
    "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!"

Very cool bikes, and that chopper would totally fit in with you hard rock orks!
    The SM army shots are sweet. Bright colored armies FTW.
    Check out the Tale of Board Game Painters in the group project logs!

All my miniature painting in one combined log - index in first post - 40K CSM, Fantasy O&G, Boardgames and other random stuff

Hello once again to my oldest log. only picking up the brush once or twice a week because life has higher priorities explains the lack of recent updates. So much bigger was the drive to be productive on this nice and sunny afternoon. Sunlight and a decent camera helped document how things stand.
    My plastic boycott still lasts, although I feel a tickle...
    So I painted some Vintage Chaos today:

Only a few of those I had on the table actually. Quite some difference in the greys, but totally on purpose:

Horribly blurred, but showing the colour difference nicely:

Here are three others I work on, you might have seen before in a worse picture quality:

Only a few pics today. My camera had low bat, as always. Tomorrow will be another fine day for new work and pics.
    There are Tzeentchians, their bluish hue is real cool in the sunlight, some progress on those you seen today, because the pics were made first, and some khorne, because we love it!

Have I mentioned that I was able to get my dirty claws on another nine of these old school beauties? One more legendary nurgle, after number LE01 now LE02, traitor with tentacle arm, two more heavies and five more legionaires, incl. slaneesh goodness.
    I am eagerly awaiting these.

Cheers
    Last edited by warflag; 28-04-2012 at 21:20.

Well, made some more pics yesterday. In the making are some Tzeentch marines and character. The flying disc guy you´ve seen, here´s the rest:

This one shows where I am going with the painting. Blue is the obvious choice for basics, but to tie them in with the rest I chose my brown-to-grey mix as basic armour colour.

Another shot of the second biker. Maye it gets clearer now where his origins lie: Alpha Legion...

Alas, boys, let´s get outta here!! The Inquisition!!

Only one as of yet, but we´ll see. E-bay is my friend these days...

Cheers

Some brilliant painting there mate, love these massively retro figures!
    The Ammobunker - A great forum for Modellers and Painters!
    Chris' Miniature Woes - my Necromunda/Post-Apoc/Zomb-Apoc/Fantasy blog. Check it out!

I say we take off and nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure!

I've just sifted through this entire thread and I have to say I'm very impressed indeed brother! A fan of retro Chaos as I am, this is right up my street. Looking forward to seeing more!

Heh, just notice how prevalent the bones / ribbed theme was with some of these classics!

I wish GW would make Tzeentchians like that Disk Rider instead of chucking even more pseudo-Egyptian vibes at us.

Speaking of the Disk Rider, fantastic blue and crimson colour scheme. I believe that incidentally happens to be the same as The Scourged Tzeentchian renegade warband. Fancy that.
    Quote Originally Posted by LokkoRex View Post
    ...seems like everything Mister Feral do turns 24-carat hobby gold.

lookin' goooood im new so this looks like on a scale from 1-10, a 50,000

Thanksalot guys! It means something when some of you folks leave a comment about the classics.

As for the painting, well, less models, more time to spare per model. In theory...

For this project I decided to get all of the classics up until early nineties, which would be when the noise marine with guitar like blaster was released. Around then ends my to-buy-list.
    And things are on a good way.

Mr.Feral, good you´re still around, too. Your truescale CSM kick a$$. Yes, the bone theme was very strong back then. Interestingly the Tzeentchians have these bone-cages around their arms and legs. Simply painting them in bone colours does not do it for me though. There´s something missing I can´t really put my finger on.
    The colour scheme of the disk rider is the best I could think of to combine old and new, Thousand Sons PH red and new Tzeentch blue and then some gold.

The fun with these is I can really go to town with the whole palette of my colour chest. They´re chaos, and they are oldschool. All colours viable.

Some new purchases arrived. Will show them off tonight.

Cheers

News from the painting table.

The colouring of my beloved chaos marines continues. I have found to a work method that is barely methodical, rather intuitive, painting colour after colour no matter what, no matter which mini. Thus progress happens across the board so to say.

The most progressed:

I really like the way the "heavy" turned out. Tzeentchian deserves showing, too:

And from the Khorne department:

Unfortunately most other pics were so blurry I suffer double vision now and had to open a beer to gain a clear view again.
    That includes White Marines Jump Troops progress. Well next time.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by warflag View Post

I really like the way the "heavy" turned out.
    Yeah, he is great. I like the guy with bird head and the one with the crab claw and 'bunny ears' too. It would be really nice to see them based, currently the bare bases are letting them down.

Yes, based they look way better, that´s for certain. They will get sculpted bases, made with milliput like I made for my Plague Marines. As I have to make some for the next three of those I decided to make real nice custom bases for the whole retro bunch.
    Concerning the picture of those five: They are all still wip, in various stages though. Right now I believe to have around 30 Rogue Trader CSM (too lazy to count now) and they are all in the WIP stage. Dunno how it happened but these guys get the full program and I still enjoy it.

Cheers

Just read through the entire log over the course of a few hours and some cups of coffee. Very entertaining read I must say! Your painting and conversion skills are easily amongst the best on these hallowed forums. Favourite mini of the whole log has to be the old school Iron Warrior in the above pictures. Amazing miniature wonderfully updated by the paintjob.

Subscribed, so you better keep churning out (a slow rate of out-churning is OK though...) more awesome stuff!

Cheers,
    BTB

Hey warflag! Just had a quick read of the thread and some awesome work indeed! I shall look more indepth on your log as I find it really impressive and inspirational. Don't post too often on the forums anymore but you got me right back into the fold I especially like your take on the old school chaos stuff \m/

=> Subscribed!

One of those rare posts...

Winter got its grip on us here which is the best time to stay home and do some work on the odd mini or two.

I chose to pick up them chaos Marines again. Still collecting them and the horde grows.
    These have been seen before but some more paint´s on them so here goes:

new guys

colours of tzeentch in progress

Khorne campione, soon done. only bolter and backpack missing. yes, and base of course...

Tzeentch dude. Love this one. First real nmm gold I ever seriously tried. it´s taking shape. I think about more contrast by shading him deeper and blacker. Thoughts?

And the inevitable has happened. Need a RT era SM force. There were so many good choices for chapters, I took the easy way out and went for the only colour I never paint but really like:

All heavily WIP, of course

What I need are rt era marines. ebay robs e, but I can´t resist...

Thanks for looking!
    cheers,
    flagster

Cool!

Oh man, I was just looking through old models tonight and found some of those. Some Chaos Termies and two of the '88 Tzeentch ones, the bird head with plasma arm and the one in the center of that photo, with shoulder armor over his chest-face.
    Also found an excellent more techy one that you don't seem to have and a more recent Slaanesh one ('90 I think). I'll have to send you photos.

\m/
    Check out the Tale of Board Game Painters in the group project logs!

All my miniature painting in one combined log - index in first post - 40K CSM, Fantasy O&G, Boardgames and other random stuff

You know, it's really fascinating to see those old sculpts giving a completely different approach about what "chaos" means.
    I really like your painting, just to name one of them: the firedemon like tzeentch marine. The glow efect is really nice and complements the overall "chaotic mess" of colours.
    For many of you it's probably a loook into your youth/childhood, for me it's a history class .
    Quote Originally Posted by BramGaunt View Post
    Space Marine amouflage - makes your eyes hurt so much you have to look away...
    NOTHING IS MORE BRUTAL THAN A CHAINFIST IN THE HEAD....
    By Chains and Glass

Red Nidz, some inquisitorial staff and... a mushroom

Quote Originally Posted by Solun Decius View Post
    Cool!

Oh man, I was just looking through old models tonight and found some of those. Some Chaos Termies and two of the '88 Tzeentch ones, the bird head with plasma arm and the one in the center of that photo, with shoulder armor over his chest-face.
    Also found an excellent more techy one that you don't seem to have and a more recent Slaanesh one ('90 I think). I'll have to send you photos.

\m/
    Yes yes, photos send you must. I still need one more Termi of that age, and of course all the other marines. I limit this army to the early ninties, basically up until the time GW made noise marines and the last single piece Nurgle guys.

Quote Originally Posted by harlekin View Post
    You know, it's really fascinating to see those old sculpts giving a completely different approach about what "chaos" means.
    I really like your painting, just to name one of them: the firedemon like tzeentch marine. The glow efect is really nice and complements the overall "chaotic mess" of colours.
    For many of you it's probably a loook into your youth/childhood, for me it's a history class .
    Well, childhood dreams maybe, yes. I bought my first chaos marines in England when I was 12 or 13. I still like them most, with my Orcs, of all my collected stuff.
    Learn your lesson well and think! What is this hobby about? Certainly not to own as much plastic as I can stuff under my bed... A classic hobby it is, timeless. To collect and paint tinmen, reenact battles and build great scenes with all the terrain and stuff, that´s not something GW invented. But they made a wonderful range of tinmen back in the 80s and 90s, and those I collect and paint and sometimes just marvel at.
    These are worth my money and I know why.

Thanks for looking in again folks. And sorry that red is so hard to photograph. The Khorne Marine looks way better irl.

Cheers
    chaosflag

Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 LastLast