Well as usually work was boring and rather slow so I decided to start painting my Chaos Warriors. Originally I was going to convert them all from scratch (well almost) but I really want to start gaming with my army so I decided to save those for a later project and just live with the current models and their static poses. After about 6 hours of time (including converting, priming, basing, and helping students/faculty with their many computer problems ) we have the first of a unit of 15. Really I probably only spent about an hour painting him. The others will be easier as I now have figure out how to do the armor (kept going back over it on this one).
The base was actually a last minute change. I wanted to do lava wasteland bases but they were far too dark and you couldn't really see the cooling lava cracks I made unless you looked straight down at the top of the model's head and even then you had to be up close. So I decided to go for a more standard base. I'll make some minor conversion along the way and say that this is the army in the middle of a small Chaos incursion.
Comments most welcome. Actually I'm most happy with my camera. Finally got the damn thing configured right.