Page 2 of 53 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Diary of a workbench

Re: Diary of a workbench

thx Extension

here the new progress of the prince
    I hope to get more feedback, or is no one interessted, if not I can drop this topic?!?

GeOrc
    <

Well I'm still interested.

Like the lion heads on the cloak, I think they are well executed, however I find them to be slightly out of place. I'm not sure how they would work as a practical adornment to an actual piece of armour.

If the cloak underneath the armour were extended slightly (as necessary, if necessary at all) smaller lions heads embroidered as part of a braid about its edge might look better if you want to incorporate the motif into another portion of his clothing.
    My favourite Gaming Podcasts
    - The D6 Generation [Gaming News, Reviews and Not Too Horrible Humour]
    - Heelan Hammer [WHFB Hobby and Tournament]
    - Bad Dice [WHFB Tournament Reviews and News]
    <

Your skulpting and painting skill is amazing. im very envious
    though i find the pose of the high Elf very very peculiar, though iw ill hold final opinion on that when i see the final pose formed up.

keep the log up, i really want to see more
    99% of armies are Alpha Legion.
    They are just so well disguised you dont realise it.
    There is a 99% chance your army is Alpha Legion.
    You just dont realise it either
    <

Wow! Fantastic work in this log! Bravo on the Slaanesh beasties, I always thought making Slaanesh beasts would be the most difficult of the four gods since it's mixing beauty and the beast ( lame joke I know), but you've pulled it out fantastically.

Your sculpting is some of the best I've seen. I do share sentiments with Abyss though, I'm not quite sure of the pose on the HE. It could be because it's WIP, but I just don't quite 'get' the pose cause he's going to be wielding an axe, and as he's posed right now he's just kinda holding it, doesn't look like he's really in position to strike with it or anything. I personally think it'd look sweet if his arms were modeled so the axe head was near his feet, poised to send the axe up some unfortunate sod's lower bits, but that's just me. ( I feel like most mini's are modeled to 'strike down', ie with their weapons held above their heads, so I like the idea of throwing a curve ball and making it look like the mini is striking upwards..)

I like the lion's modeled on the armor of the cloak, most GW High Elf heroes have such adornments, look: http://us.games-workshop.com/games/w.../HE_Heroes.htm the Hero with the sword has the gold birds on his cloak, as does the hero with the axe. So yes, I like the lions on your HE prince

Enough of my rambling, great work, and please keep this updated, I can't wait to see more!
    Big McLarge-Huge
    WHFB: Dwarfs - 2k // Wood Elves - 500 // High Elves ~ 1k
    The Host of Asuryan - my HE Log
    40K: D'yanoi Sept Tau // Salamanders (Both WIP a.t.m)
    See my progress, and some other great 40K armies here!
    <

Brother Sergeant

Just wow - I wasn't sure about the sculpting of that prince after the first pictures, but now I sure am. It looks amazing! You truly are a great sculptor. And the paintings of those beasties isn't half bad either!
    <

Quote Originally Posted by Overt_Spy View Post
    I like the lion's modeled on the armor of the cloak, most GW High Elf heroes have such adornments, look: http://us.games-workshop.com/games/w.../HE_Heroes.htm the Hero with the sword has the gold birds on his cloak, as does the hero with the axe. So yes, I like the lions on your HE prince
    Those are on the shields not the cloaks as far as I can see.
    My favourite Gaming Podcasts
    - The D6 Generation [Gaming News, Reviews and Not Too Horrible Humour]
    - Heelan Hammer [WHFB Hobby and Tournament]
    - Bad Dice [WHFB Tournament Reviews and News]
    <

@ Gazak
    I used here other high elf prince miniatures as reference, the swordmaster prince also has some dragonlike armour applikations on his scalemail. So I do here with lions.

Because of more lionheads, I think itīs enough, if I add more then as freehands while painting.

@ AbyssRaven,
    the pose of my prince comes from thisn miniature:
    http://www.games-workshop.de/warhamm...dgreatweap.jpg
    I think you see in which direction this prince will develop.

@ Overt_Spy
    thanks for your kind words and that you like my work.
    Because of the pose, see above.
    because of the axe position, I have discussed this in an other board before. The problem is that most people see this miniature as a dynamic one, but it isnīt. When it would be right that the axe should be placed at the other side. But this will be a static miniature which should convince by his expression. Static fits a lot better to the highelfs because of their grace and arrogance. The face will be the most important part and because this isnīt finished itīs hard to imagine what I will show. But you can perhaps when taking a look at my reference miniature, the wood elf highborn with great weapon. This look I try to copy for this project.

Thanks al for your comments
    If there is further critic, feedback or question please write

Regards GeOrc
    <

This plog is very impressive. Looking forward to more of your work
    WYRD Skaven Blood Bowl Team, now for HIRE

Da Beez Neez Goblin Blood Bowl Team, now for HIRE
    <

Please don't drop the project. I love it, and I am sure there are many lurkers on this thread who just havent bothered to post.

As a question, what are you planning on doing with the hair / head?
    <

we do seem to lurk a lot
    that HE prince is amazing.
    ...so take this skin, and let your heart beat slow, until you're bleeding away...lifeless...
    <

Hah, right after I posted I thought of that Wood Elf noble mini...

Quote Originally Posted by Gazak Blacktoof View Post
    Those are on the shields not the cloaks as far as I can see.
    Well look at the hero with the axe, look at his waist line, at the top of his lower scale armor, there's some bird ornaments over that armor, they're painted white on that particular mini, theres something similar on the sword hero too. Regardless, I still like the lions on his scale cloak.
    Big McLarge-Huge
    WHFB: Dwarfs - 2k // Wood Elves - 500 // High Elves ~ 1k
    The Host of Asuryan - my HE Log
    40K: D'yanoi Sept Tau // Salamanders (Both WIP a.t.m)
    See my progress, and some other great 40K armies here!
    <

Ahh i see where you are going. but i will be honest i never liked that pose , especially for elves.
    i always envisioned elvish fighting as small precise close steps. It allows for greater mobility and dexterity, where as a stance such as that leads to less mobility and dexterity. Less movment over all.
    But i also think of elves as being highly dexterous.

Lookinjg good though, keep it up
    99% of armies are Alpha Legion.
    They are just so well disguised you dont realise it.
    There is a 99% chance your army is Alpha Legion.
    You just dont realise it either
    <

Here a pic with cloak and loincloth armature, both are very rough and are used as a surface for the detailed sculpt. Now you get a better idea of the pose and the look of this mini:

Regards GeOrc
    <

just one word " Klasse "
    <

@ Crube,
    How said this should be a static pose and head and hair must fit to the flow which you find in cloak and loincloth. Heīs looking on his axeblade, looking at the blood (will be painted later) without hurry or fear. This silence should say come over hear and I will spill your blood as well. I will work here with the expression of the miniature less with the dynamic / movement. Working with the expression of satic miniature is far more difficult and also depends a lot on the paint job. I will work as hard as I can do present you an awesome result and share this pic in my mind with you.

Here a new pic of a different ankle with an reworked cloak and loincloth.

Regards GeOrc
    <

Chapter Master

This is looking amazing, I like how the pose really makes the greataxe seem heavy.

Excellent sculpting, reminds me of a Rackham model.
    <

@ GeOrc, the HE is outstanding so far, I can't wait to see it finished!

I really like the tones used on your beastmen, again I look forward to sseing more progress. Subscribed!
    <

I've been watching this thread for a little while, and have really enjoyed seeing the Prince coming along - he's certainly come a long way too! He really looks fantastic, and I look forward to seeing more in the future.

One question though - what is his right foot resting on? I'm leaning towards it being a piece of tree (or similar).
    <

thanks a lot that you enjoy the creation of the prince
    and for all the compliments.

@scarletsquig
    I think itīs not detailed enough for a Rackham miniature. I always use GW Miniatures as reference or armature (here an asurmen from 40k) and this leads the result always into the GW direction. Itīs also important for me that conversion fits into the miniature range of the army, thatīs why I try to become as close as possible to the original GW Style, with al its faults and beauty

@ 75hastings69
    thanks a lot, I hope you enjoy this topic. I will do my best that you donīt regret the subscription

@ Guyver
    Perhaps I will create some more High Elfs, I really enjoy work on this miniature and think about adding some converted units to create a small warband of 500 pts. Also I think about converting the new dragon, but after having converting Hellebron on Manticor this year which takes me more than 600 hours and still not finished, Iīm a bit afraid of such big monsters.

Because of the foot, it rests on a tree stump.

Regards GeOrc
    <

That elf is simply incredible. Very inspiring stuff. How did you go about sculpting the little lions on his armour? Any specific tools?
    <

Page 2 of 53 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast