Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Death Guard Apocalypse

Death Guard Apocalypse

Well long time lurker and occasional poster who spends far too much time in the M, P&T Project logs so I thought I would start my own.

I currently have a Death Guard army which I usually play at about 1500pts although I have enough models to field more. I am working on building this up to 3000 points so I can play Apocalypse. This is an army that I only started because I wanted to paint typhus and then thought he needs a few blokes to go with him. The next thing I know I have a whole Death Guard army.

To start with a few pics of some elements that are already done. I usually have way to many things on the go at once which seems to prevent me from getting things finished. I also don't get a lot of time to paint so don't expect daily updates.

Typhus

First Squad

Dreadnought

Plaguebearers

Let me know what you guys think.
    Last edited by folnjir; 02-03-2008 at 07:19.

Re: Death Guard Apocalypse

I like them. For my personal taste, I like that you've managed to make them look diseased, but also bright enough for tabletop use. And also no sign of the ubiquitous brown ink, for which I also applaud you! Too many Nurgle models are painted too dark, and so don't look as good in-game as they do under a spotlight.

Looking forward to seeing some more. Subscribed!
    Bitz for the Bitz God! Sprues for the Sprue Throne!

I interesting that you say that, as they do get a coat of chestnut ink. I do give them a fairly heavy drybrush after that though.

I will attempt to add some more photos in the next day or two.

Ok for some WIP shots. First up are a few more Plague marines to round out another squad. Its a little blurry but you get the idea.

Then a new Lord converted from Huron Blackheart, I am not completely happy with the way he has turned out at the moment and may come back a redo him at some later stage.

Then a Daemon Prince that seems to be taking me far longer than it should to finish off.

And finally I have managed to get hold of one of the old Great Unclean Ones. The photo is not the best, I couldn't get the camera to focus properly on him. For sure an old model it has a lot of character I am really looking forward to getting him painted.

Love to hear what people think.
    Last edited by folnjir; 09-03-2008 at 07:33.

I like your painting style. The Lord looks great to me, very unique, the head just looks unfinished compared to the rest of him. Great looking army so far, keep it up! Do you plan to add Plague Zombies? :skull:
    "If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong."

Everything looks really good. I like the Huron conversion alot. I was thinking of using the model myself but wasn't too sure he could pass for a plague marine but you've shown he definitely can, I think I'll have to pick up the model and give it a go myself.

I like your paint scheme which looks pretty similar what I did for my test model, I'm curious to know what colors you used.

I paint the armour very simply, start with a base coat of camo green, then a wash of chestnut ink then a drybrush of rotting flesh. For most of the army that's it. I take a bit more time on the characters but no major changes to that formula.

Yeah I like what you've done so far, and the Huron conversion is simple yet effective. Good luck with the project.
    http://circusofpaint.wordpress.com

Participating in the Tale of Age of Sigmar 2015 - 2016

Quote Originally Posted by LokkoRex View Post
    ...seems like everything Mister Feral do turns 24-carat hobby gold.

Thanks for your comments so far. No updates on the WIP's from before but here are some vehicles for you to have a look at. Hopefully I will get some painting done this weekend.

Rhino

Predator

Land Raider

Last edited by folnjir; 09-03-2008 at 07:40.
    Necromundan IG, the quick an easy way here, now with squats and other Rogue Trader era goodness.

Check out my Death Guard project log as I try to build them up for Apocalypse.

Great Work, im looking forward to eeing the rest of the army
    IRON WITHIN, IRON WITHOUT

Quote Originally Posted by Xenocidal Maniac View Post
    I can't even believe you are quoting rules in an attempt to justify this...

Gah!
    Quote Originally Posted by AbusePuppy View Post
    GW prints poorly-worded ability, internet nerds rage about it; news at 11.

Oh my goodness those tanks look awesome!! Stop doing that!! Makes me want to work on it too... While at work... :S

Keep up!! When you have more stuff done, an army shot would be awesome!!!
    The Tabletop Showcase - A new forum dedicated solely to Project Logs and Showcases - Join us now!

The Daniel36 Chronicles - My Project Log
    My Warseer Heroes : JuicyTomatoes - Emperor Norton - Harry - Lord Dan - Ramius4 - Naitsabes - Little Joe - Boreas_NL
    (in no particular order)

Nice tanks, the Nurglings and GS work are great.

very cool
    where do your get the plague marine flamers?

Always a thumbs up from me for deathguard.

These are subtle, subdued colours, but they work wonderfully.
    The Relentless, Indomitable, Unwavering march of the Death Guard.

http://counttheseven.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by folnjir View Post
    I interesting that you say that, as they do get a coat of chestnut ink. I do give them a fairly heavy drybrush after that though.
    In that case then I think you've done a really good job, they look excellent for it. The ones I'm refering too are the "shiny" type with too much ink without enough paint over the top.

An army shot would be welcomed as well.
    Bitz for the Bitz God! Sprues for the Sprue Throne!

Again thanks for your comments. I do have enough for an army shot already however I am struggling to get one to turn out looking even half decent. What I do have however is some more stuff you have not seen yet.

First up Terminators. I got these guys just before I found out that new plastic were coming I have only just finished basing them though.

Next Havocs. With the new Codex models with the mark of Nurgle are allowed heavy weapons. I am trying to keep pretty close to the previous Death Guard list so heavy weapons are still going to be pretty limited. I decided to add heavy bolters as there is heaps of art floating around with plague marines carrying them, so I did up a squad of them.

Last is my old possessed. They were converted up under the old Codex when they could have weapons, under the new Codex they obviously do not fit. In the couple of games I have had with them since the change I have used them as Chosen but I am not particularly happy with that. Not sure what I will do with them now, what do other people think?

@durbar11 I have been working on this army for absolutely ages and when I got the flamers I just bought them from the local shop. They should still be available, along with the other Death Guard assault weapons online.
    Last edited by folnjir; 19-01-2008 at 04:03.
    Necromundan IG, the quick an easy way here, now with squats and other Rogue Trader era goodness.

Just a very quick update. I have made some progress on the Huron conversion, hope you like.

Very nice! Keep up the good work.

Excellent army. Were the vehicles painted with the same camo green - rotting flesh combination? Because they look great and it seems there are more colors there. But it might be a camera thing. I also find the second termie from the left disgustingly beautiful
    PAINT FOR THE PAINT GOD!!!BITZ FOR THE THRONE OF BITZ!!!

My painting log. Mordheim and 40k

Quote Originally Posted by Qdeu View Post
    Excellent army. Were the vehicles painted with the same camo green - rotting flesh combination? Because they look great and it seems there are more colors there. But it might be a camera thing. I also find the second termie from the left disgustingly beautiful
    Yep the vehicles are painted in the same way, it looks like there are more colours as I don't paint the camo green as a completely solid colour and the ink wash is always slightly patchy. It shows up more prominently on the tank because of the large flat areas.

That's my favourite of the terminators too.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast