Page 1 of 76 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: “DEATH’S HEAD” - 3rd Krieg Tank Division - Titan Hunter Detachment

“DEATH’S HEAD” - 3rd Krieg Tank Division - Titan Hunter Detachment

Veteran Watchmaster Max Kessler viewed the scene through the cupola periscope of his Chimera. The column had stopped and formed a defensive perimeter around the super-heavy tank detachment. The reason for the halt was a small group of buildings in the middle distance which he could see were being searched by mounted Death Riders attached to his unit of the 3rd Krieg Tank Division. Why was it so quite? Why had there been no action for the last 8 days? It was as if the Chaos forces had abandoned the landscape. This was obviously not the case as he could plainly see dead Chaos militia around the smoking buildings ahead. Their disgusting emblems were daubed all over the walls and he could see Krieg guardsmen hanging from hastily erected gallows. It was obviously not an Imperial victory! But why had his unit not found action. He couldn’t decide if no action was a good thing. It was allowing his men some respite from the near continuous engagements over the last 6 months. Alternatively, much more of this inactivity might dull the high state of sharpness that had kept them all alive for so long. What was he talking about? All alive, he only had 4 of his original 10 man Panzer Grenadier Squad left from the original men which landed on this God-forsaken planet. Vraks..............

This new unit, to which Kessler now belonged, had been formed a week ago to counter reports of Chaos Titans in the Alpha-Six sector. The 3rd Krieg Tank Division had combined 4 of its 9 remaining Super-Heavy tanks to hunt out and destroy Chaos Titans, plain and simple, “Titan Hunters”. Commissar Kommels’, still in tact, 2nd Heavy Tank Squadron of the 3rd Krieg Tank Regiment was attached to Colonel Heinrich’s Shadowsword to form the hitting power required. Panzer Grenadiers and Mechanised Infantry protected the tanks from infantry attack. Death Riders were the scouts.

Where were the reported Titans?

An open-topped truck from the 150th Mechanised Infantry regiment platoon was now heading for the buildings. Cannon fodder! Kessler much preferred the protection of his Krieg pattern Chimera. The foot-sloggers were sitting ducks if anyone decided that now was the time to ................ The truck, about 20 yards in front of his Chimera, erupted into a fireball. Burning guardsmen clambered from the back and threw themselves onto the ground. The silence of just a second ago was replaced by a deafening noise of explosions and weapons fire. Kessler could plainly see the unmistakable shape of the Chaos Warhound Titan emerging from the side of a hill about a mile to their left. The Chimera’s Vox crackled to life and rapid orders were calmly but sternly relayed to the Krieg units. “I guess we have found the Titan” Kessler thought as he began to traverse the Chimera’s turret to bring the Autocannon to bear on the nearest Chaos scum ............................

Hi everbody. Have taken a bit of a break from the Elysians in the "RED ONE" log. I'm sure they will rise again when I've got the Death Korps bug out of my system. I started to talk about my DK ideas in the "RED ONE" log but decided to start a new log. I intend to use the same Doctrines as the Death Korps siege regiments with the exception of the "Heavy Weapons Sqds" being replaced by "Grenadiers" to allow me to take Panzer Grenadiers as troops. The initial army list is as follows:

“DEATH’S HEAD” - 3rd Krieg Tank Division

“Titan Hunter” Detachment

Doctrines:

Iron Discipline
    Die Hards
    Hardened Fighters
    Storm Trooper Sqds
    Grenadiers
    Rough Rider Sqns

(HQ) Colonel Heinrich
    SHADOWSWORD

(HQ) Quartermaster Babel + 3 Servitors
    In Cebrius

(Elite) Combat Engineers Sqd (Flamer/Heavy Flamer/Demo charges)
    In Engineers Pattern Chimera

(Elite) Panzer Grenadier Command Sqd (5 man) (Heavy Stubber/Grenade Launcher)
    In Armoured Centaur

(Troops) Panzer Grenadier Sqd (Heavy Flamer/Melta/Flamer/Demo charges)
    In Mk 2(Krieg) Pattern Chimera

(Troops) Panzer Grenadier Sqd (Heavy Flamer/Melta/Flamer/Demo charges)
    In Mk 2(Krieg) Pattern Chimera

(Troops)Infantry Sqd, 150th Mechanised Infantry
    In Krupp Infantry Truck

(Troops) Infantry Sqd, 150th Mechanised Infantry
    In Krupp Infantry Truck

(Fast Attack) Death Rider Squadron

(Super Heavy Deatchment)
    Super Heavy Tank Sqn. Commissar Kommel
    MACHARIUS VULCAN
    MACHARIUS VANQUISHER
    MACHARIUS VANQUISHER

Below are my first figures:

1st Sqd, 4th Platoon, 1st Company, 150th Mechanised Infantry

Death Korps Mechanised Infantry

Death Korps Mechanised Infantry

Watchmaster and Voxcaster

Continuied ......................................

Re: “DEATH’S HEAD” - 3rd Krieg Tank Division - Titan Hunter Detachment

Sqd Heavy Bolter

This is likely to be a fairly slow log as I'm still waiting for most of my FW stuff after 4 weeks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just got the new Engineers though......... nice

Bungaroo

I really like your figures, and that drum but what will happen with your other log?
    Look their, a bird.

They look great so far, and I like that little background story too!
    "Honey, just because snow is the same color as our refrigerator doesn't mean you know how it works!" - Stan Smith, American Dad

Bad Moons! - http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3877551
    Through Sun and Steel(IG) - http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?367907
    Junkyard Warriors and more(Necromunda) http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?349167

Brilliant start! The story really makes me want to see this force take shape - you write very well!

Love the drum, yeah. And realistic looking base on that HB - what materials do you use?

Novogord_Vivendi: Hi mate. The other log will stall for a while untill my interest returns. I'm sure it will start up again becuase this log is mostly vehicles where the "RED ONE" log was pretty much all infantry. I'm doing this log, mainly, to start airbrushing. So with only about 7 Sqds of actual DK figures in this log, I'm sure I will return to the Elysians.

glenning: Will try to keep the backgound comming. This Fluff was to introduce the 150th Mechanised Infantry Sqd which I have just finished. Watch this space.

olean: Have covered my basing technique in my other log here:

Basing technique in "RED ONE" Log

This time I have added some brick wall from a Tamiya wall and barbed wire kit with some barbed wire from GW.

This is looking great Bungaroo..

As an avid follower of your other log I shall be watching this one with great interest..

It shall be interesting to see what inspired twists you bring to making your tanks unique.. like your inspirational figures..

Subscribed!!

Best wishes,

Carl

cthorpe: Hey Carl, I have started on the Krieg Pattern Chimera already and I think you'll like the Engineers Pattern Chimera as well. The FW figures are excellent as they are so the conversion work will be limited but you never know. The Combat Engineers should be nice with the ideas I have already. I am test painting the first one as we speak. The main tanks will be as from the packet, but I intend to fully airbrush, weather and add some extras. Watch out for the Cebrius carrier for the Quartermaster and I hope the Krupp trucks will add a little flavour to the Mechanised Infantry. Glad to have you aboard.

Awesome colour scheme and fluff. Keep it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by L192837465 View Post
    i've gotta say that that happens to be CROTCHSWORD, SLAYER OF WORLDS!

dr.oetk3r: Thanks mate, will try to keep the fluff coming. The general colour scheme will continue through the army with variations because the 3rd Krieg Tank Division is made up of 5 Regiments. The 3rd and 66th Tank, 2 x Panzer Grenadier Regiments (numbers to be decided) and the 150th Mechanised Infantry.

Wow great start, really like the Drummer for a vox.

Looking forward to more.

Cheers

Sheep
    Sheep's laying a log For all things Imperial
    The Ammobunker Forums with humour
    Sheep's Sons of Horus For all things 30k
    Sheep does Adeptus Mechanicus Latest project

Forlorn Hope, my blog

sheep: Thanks Sheep, The drummer came about cos FW don't make Vox casters for adding to bog standard Sqds and I had to think of something. Drummer, totally impractical on a real 40K battlefield but I wanted something that gave the impression of massed ranks of closely packed infantry comunicating as they trudged onward to be slaughtered !!

Mk 2(Krieg) Pattern Chimera

Some WIP shots of my Krieg Pattern "Panzer Grenadier" Mk 2 Chimera. Note there is no turret because it is getting a FW autocannon turret which is still in the post !!!!!!!!

Mk 2(Krieg) Pattern Chimera - For Panzer Grenadiers

Still got some work to do, like straps for the Track links on the back etc, but you get the idea.

Bungaroo

Banned

Very cool dude!

See you shaved down the raised armor bits on the Chimera too! I did that. Seems to be a popular conversion lately .

These look great Love the drummer!

How do you make camo netting?
    The Ammobunker - A great forum for Modellers and Painters!
    Chris' Miniature Woes - my Necromunda/Post-Apoc/Zomb-Apoc/Fantasy blog. Check it out!

I say we take off and nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure!

Lovely log, great chimera and DK. Can´t wait for the next update.

Banned

must.....have.....MORE, there brilliant

hallowed_are_the_ori: Glad to see you on my new log Hallowed.

Red Scorpion: Hi, the cammo netting is Guaze bandage soaked in a 50/50 of water and PVA. The strips are kitchen towel cut up and the scatter is tea leaves. Got the whole idea from Modeling mags. I suspect this is the technique used by Mark Bedford when he added netting to the painted Macharius tanks on th FW website.

Cassora & Stella Cadente: Hi, don't think I've had posts from youz before, welcome aboard.

Kessler found himself in a ditch. Things were not going well. His Squad was pinned by at least 2 Heavy Bolters concealed in the undergrowth to the left. His Chimera had been disabled and he had ordered the dismount to avoid heavy losses when the halted vehicle was inevitably targeted again. Grenadier Schultz had manned the Autocannon turret to cover their deployment on foot. Schultz was still firing and, remarkably, the Chimera remained in one piece except from the forward left side which had simply disappeared. How had there been no losses from a hit like that?

Kessler could see the majority of the battle from here and they looked in trouble. The 3 Macharius tanks were keeping the Titan busy, as was their task, but the Shadowsword was stopped with smoke rising from the front. A sitting duck for the Titan if it found time to engage anything but the 3 tanks buzzing around it’s flanks. Colonel Heinrich’s Titan killer had hit a road mine which appeared to have damaged its track. The Volcano Cannon was still pointing towards the collection of buildings and not at the Titan. Oh the joys of a fixed weapon without the ability to traverse! The Shadowsword needed to manoeuvre to point its deadly weapon or they were lost.

Kessler considered the options. His squad would be ripped to bits if he tried to make it over the open ground to the Shadowsword. If the track was not fixed, the engagement would end in failure. At that moment another Chimera shot forward and stopped close to the heavy tank shielding the damaged area. Several figures jumped from the access hatch and started work. Combat Engineers from his company were attempting to repair the track. As the enemy realised their purpose the weight of fire onto the Engineers increased tenfold and 2 men fell immediately. “Up, COVERING FIRE!” shouted Kessler. He must relieve the pressure on the Engineers if success was to be grabbed from the jaws of disaster.......................................... ........

Only managed to paint 1 Combat Engineer so far, so here he is. Trooper with Demo-charge.

Combat Engineer Trooper, 3rd Panzer Grenadier Regiment, with Demo-Charge and Shotgun

Combat Engineer Trooper, 3rd Panzer Grenadier Regiment, with Demo-Charge and Shotgun

I am using the Grenadier rules from the DK list for my Combat Engineers. The Sqd will be:

Watchmaster - Shotgun
    2 Troopers - Heavy Flamer
    1 Trooper - Flamer
    1 Trooper - Grenade Launcher
    2 Troopers - Demo Charge & Shotgun
    3 Troopers - Shotgun

In Engineers Chimera

Just got the first 150th Mechanised Infantry truck in the post so will build that tonight. Later

Bungaroo

Banned

it keeps getting better don't it, I love the scheme, its rough, but a good realistic kind of rough, and the bases I will say really make the model stand out, I do the same myself (leaving the trim black) and it looks like a display piece, which is fantastic

Page 1 of 76 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast