Page 3 of 76 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: “DEATH’S HEAD” - 3rd Krieg Tank Division - Titan Hunter Detachment

Re: “DEATH’S HEAD” - 3rd Krieg Tank Division - Titan Hunter Detachment

Quote Originally Posted by Stella Cadente View Post
    that Chimera is sex on tracks
    i agree. i almost need to change pants. can't wait to see it painted.

\i LOVE predator turrets on chimeras. they look so clean!
    <

Banned

That Chimera is sweet and thanks to that sweet Heavy Flamer conversion you now have the Triggerdog stamp of awesome and win.
    <

Easy E: Truck is in the spray booth along with the Quartermaster's Cebrius. May take some time though !!! I'm sharing time paiting the Quartermaster and his servitors as well.

Stella Cadente: Thanks mate. I took a bit more time over the Commissar, he was nice to paint and fairly easy.

projectkmo, Cassora: If you like the Krieg Chimera, you should like the Engineers pattern Chimera. I think it will be my favorite.

GalenArtorius: Took nearly 5 weeks for my last FW order and I'm still waiting for Grenadier bits!!

L192837465: The turret is the FW Chimera Autocannon turret. I was a bit sceptical whether it would suite the rest of the conversion, but I like it afterall. Just as well, I got 4 of them for the 4 Chimeras.

Triggerdog: I was originally gonna have a Heavy Stubber in the place where the Flamer is (Heavy stubbers run with DK) but decided that the Grenadiers and Assault Engineers that are carried use the Heavy Flamer so it fits with the theme as well.
    <

Banned

Wonderful painting as always, and very characterful
    <

Kessler’s Grenadiers had taken the first Chaos Heavy Bolter position. But at what cost? Three of his Grenadiers lie dead or dying on the open ground they had just crossed. Miraculously, Schultz in the Chimera was still there, laying down fire onto the second bolter position. Some of the 150th Mechanised Guardsmen had made it as well and of course there was Commissar Limpt, without a scratch, standing bolt upright, considering their next move. The second Heavy Bolter position, now only 40 yards from Kessler, had gone quite.....................what was going on?? Suddenly, 5 Choas militia emerged from the position, heavily laden with the Heavy Bolter, and started running towards the rocky ground about 100 yards towards the hills that had initially concealed the Titan. Kessler immediately ordered fire onto the group of men. The Chaos figures were darting in and out of cover. They were getting away!

As Kessler stood to pursue he noticed movement coming from his right, cavalry at full gallop. He had forgotten about the Death Riders that had been searching the buildings. The milita had seen the riders and abanoned the bolter. In seconds, the Death Riders, only 3 of them, caught up with the running militia and cut them down with ease. Nothing better for cavalry than routing infantry.......................

Some of youz may have seen this dude before in one form or another. I have redone his coat to green to fit my final scheme for the infantry. He has Blue pipeing to his trench coat to signify he is cavalry (Infantry and Grenadiers have red as you have already seen. Tank crew have yellow). I still need to finish some bits but here he is.

Death Rider, Attached to 3rd Krieg Tank Division

More airbrush work tonight, not as easy as it looks !!!!!

Bungaroo
    <

Banned

Your work is inspiring.
    <

Your Death Korps are beautiful! Makes me wanna buy hella them.

-Sunny
    What can I say, I'm a happy guy
    <

Aibrush lesson 1: if using FW figs (turret), wash parts (always do) and make sure you use a good primer that covers the whole surface. Reason I say this is when I did some masking of the turret of my chimera the paint pulled off with the tape. I'm pretty sure it's cos my primer coat was not done well. Doh

Anyway heres the progress on the first Krieg Pattern Chimera for my Grenadiers (Kessler's bunch in fact !!, when they finally arive from FW!!)

Remember I am a novice to Airbrushing - this is my first model !!!! So I will make mistakes. If you read this log you may not make the same ones !!!!!!

I am using Tamiya acrylics for the airbrushing. My chosen colour scheme for the 3rd Tank Regiment and the 3rd Panzer Grenadiers is from page 83 of the Seige of Vraks - Part one book, bottom of page. The 150th Mechanised Infantry will have the colour scheme from page 33, bottom of page.

Main Colour Scheme

Spray Primer from Vallejo - must be shaken very well

Once the primer is very dry and covers the whole model..................

Pre-Shading using Tamyia Red Brown XF-64

Pre-shading is done to make cracks and other creases darker under the main paint job. There is too much Red Brown on the model, it should be thinner lines I think.

Coat of Khaki selectively added to leave some brown in cracks

I then lightened the Khafi with white a bit and respayed.

To be continuied .......................
    <

When thoroughly dry, onto the jaggerd pattern. Using Tamiya masking tape.

Masking tape cut with modelling knife on mat.

The trick is then to have the Khaki Drab thick at the zig zag and tailing of in intensity as it goes forward so there is plenty of plain Khaki left. Blending ? I think it came out ok on this first attempt. The temptation is to do too much but you still have to weather the tank to make it less clean looking.

Initial airbrush of 2 tone half feathered disruption pattern cammo

Initial airbrush of 2 tone half feathered disruption pattern cammo

Next we airbrush the whole model with Johnsons Clear flloor wax in preparation for the Decals. Later

Bungaroo
    <

Mr Bungaroo,

Firstly, major well done on the different piping colours for your different unit designations, a really nice touch that adds variety and realism to the good ol' infantry! Very nice!

Secondly, I think your first airbrushing experiments have gone very well from the pictures and a big thank you for subjecting yourself as an airbrush guinea pig for the rest of us! Chimera's looking goodm chief!

Thirdly, YES!!! I got the first feedback comments in on the piping and airbrushing!!! Curse you for whetting my appetite!!! *Subscribed subscribed subscriber- "Hold him down, men, hold him!"*
    Imperial and Ork starships, random Imperial troops and now the developing zombie plague...
    Building the Orkmada- BFG Orks
    :skull: World War Z :skull:
    Quote Originally Posted by GomezAddams
    Right I'm going to head off, got cowgirls with massive racks to paint - its a hard life
    <

I must say that is one sweet tank. One of these days I'll get my own airbrush...but this is really pushing me towards one. Great zig zag pattern.

I too like the piping on infantry. It's a great visual as well.
    <

I love the trim on the coats, never thought of it before but totally looks mint, mind if I steal the idea?

Tsen
    <

If thats your first try at airbrushing I can´t wait to see what u can do later on. Amazing!
    <

That Chimera is pure goodness. I like how you've made the camo scheme, with the help of adhesive tape, i have to take that into account for my future stuff.
    A rather easy and functional way of gettin' nice camoes.
    Contact with alien races always renews ones faith in humanity. It is my belief that foreign travel narrows the mind wonderfully.
    - Attributted to Helem Boesch -
    <

Superb work son, im especially fond of the red trim with their green coats. it works better than you would think.

Also your chimera work is top notch, the camo netting stuff looks awesome. I'm looking forward to seeing it finished!
    <

Really nice one question how did you do the numbers on teh shoulder pads?

Are they transfers and if so what ones?
    <

Banned

sweet feathering on the chimera.
    <

My goodness Bungaroo, thats almost exactly what I did with my Chimeras, except I put the Predator turret on it with the Forgeworld AC that you get in the Super Heavy Conversion Kit. Nice work on the Krieg as well some really inspiring stuff. Love what you did with the engineers to.

Cheers, Rom
    <

Commander

just awesome stuff, yet again Bungaroo

Btw , u still waiting for Cadian Grenadier parts from FW ? I ordered FW stuff start of Jan. Some of it came last week, my Grenadier and Elysian parts still havent appeared. Im not too impressed with their service tbh. Pig Iron heads for my future Drop Troop platoon me thinks.
    <

Next door to Nevernever Land. Those d*mned kids are loud!

Bungaroo your painting is truely awe inspiring. it really makes me want to work on my models.
    I love the death rider.
    <

Page 3 of 76 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast