Page 51 of 76 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1501

Thread: “DEATH’S HEAD” - 3rd Krieg Tank Division - Titan Hunter Detachment

Re: “DEATH’S HEAD” - 3rd Krieg Tank Division - Titan Hunter Detachment

Frak! You just took away all my ideas (I thought) no one had ever done before, in a single post!
    I really like them anyhow
    Communitate Valemus! (Together we are strong!)
    Lehr 130th Armoured and 143rd Infantry, with Panther tanks! And for the accompanying short stories, click here!
    The Vandals - True Scale SM's
    Show us your True-Scale Vehicles!

"We are the Imperial Guard. It's time we started acting like it!"

Yeah the link seem to be broken, ah well doesnt matter seeing there seem to be no 1/48 model available and i checked the 1/35 today while purchasing a tamiya weathering kit (gonna be interesting to test it) and the 1/35 was far to big.

Regarding the Steyr after inspecting it it is quite superior in looks, the hood and the built in spare wheel between the doors are details i really enjoy in the model.

One question, how did you do those mg 42 barrels? sawed one down from a 1/35 scale?
    looks really good.

keep the good work going! I really do enjoy your blog.

Nice work as always Bungaroo. Those Engineers with the MG.42 must be some really strong guys! Everything looks great as always, looking forward to seeing more painted. I know, like myself, you probably have TONS of things WIP.

Lawkeeper: Thanks. I would be suprised if a load of us didn,t have similar ideas all the time.

Rhaivaen: The 1/48 scale is a must from my point of view. The 1/35 is just huge except for some of the really small vehicles.

Scale looks good to me considering the figure is in the foreground which does make him bigger than what I'm looking at. GW always have way too big guns anyway

The stowage is from this in case anyone is interested.

Blackdog is excellent resin stuff

Lt.Cato: Thanks. The MG-42 is from the FW renegades pack. Expensive to buy for just a gun but, hey, what a gun. A great Mark Bedford sculpt.

From FW website

Kriegfreak: Aren't all your guys superhuman as well. You'r right of course, they are carrying a load of equipment, but it makes them look like hardy engineers.

I am nearly at the painting stage for this Armoured Company so just the cammo netting to do.

Bungaroo

Thumbs up Re: “DEATH’S HEAD” - 3rd Krieg Tank Division - Titan Hunter Detachment

I love your work
    I have great fan of this log

I like that laser-destroyer.
    My IG and SM Project log:Mr Kibbles' Random log of Australian IG and Aboriginal SMs - now with finished Vaggu
    My Stories so far:
    The Garras War-A Story of Imperial Guardsmen and their trials in combat - now up to Chapter 4!

Hey bungaroo could we have a table full army shot please?
    5th ed.
    Space Wolves: W:32/D:11/L:16
    Necrons: W:45/D:17/L:28

\m/ I Love METAL \m/

Mr Kibbles: Decided to change the new varient of the Destroyer Tank Hunter to a JagdPanther baseline and have ordered 3. This should make a Squadron of Tank hunters with the FW weapons from the original Tank Hunters. The STug, as a baseline, looks a bit small after looking at this photo.

Lotoc_Sabbath: Will show an army shot when I have finished converting and building the last few vehicles and troops.

I have been madly ordering bits and bobs.

3 x 1/48 Jagdpanthers
    1 Destroyer Tank Hunter (Used for weapon and vehicle for the last Ferrograd, this is an engineers ferrograd)
    3 x DKOK Super Heavy Tank engine filters sets
    1 x M163 1/35 scale - you can guess what this is for !!!!
    1 x Chimera
    1 x DKOK Quad Launcher
    1x DKOK Engineers squad

Oh, and 2 boxes of Space Hulk (unrelated), may be related to my Elysian and terminator army when it gets going again !

On holiday at the moment in the peak district but have nearly finished my DKOK sniper squad before I left home.

Later

Bungaroo

You've got too much money! Really looking forward to seeing more stuff, the best thing about this log is that it never stops...

Stupid question (as always), what's going to happen to the destroyers you've already converted and painted? Are you going to cannibalize them? Personnaly, I lprefer the destroyers you've already done.

Anyway it's your own business after.
    Krieg Marshall moto:
    honour, duty, self-abnegation, sacrifice.

A good decision on adopting a different chassis for the Laser Destroyer, it looked just a bit too bulky on the StuG.

Although you could try a StuG IV chassis? Those are a bit bigger than the StuG III.

Quote Originally Posted by Bungaroo View Post
    Mr Kibbles: The STug, as a baseline, looks a bit small after looking at this photo.
    Du'H, as i said all along, but noooo dont listen to me i am still in the opinion that a 1/35 Stug IV works best.
    Have a look at my Combined Krieg/ Ryzan Husarz-Grenadiers attempt: http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=177393
    Quote Originally Posted by Juggalo
    If my post comes across as angry/aggressive/offensive/whatever, it is not intended as such. At worst, it is merely incredulity, conveyed through the inflexible format of an internet forum.Don't flatter yourself thinking anything to the contrary

absolutely amazing bungaroo, definitely one of the best armies i have seen to date! cannot wait for more pics and progress!

NOOO!! I wanted to be the first to do a Jagdpanther Destroyer! *sob sob*
    Well, at least I beat you to the Steyr 1500A/01

I like a bit of healthy competition, gets my ideas flowing. En garde, and good luck!
    Last edited by Lawkeeper; 25-08-2009 at 20:56.
    Lehr 130th Armoured and 143rd Infantry, with Panther tanks! And for the accompanying short stories, click here!

Quote Originally Posted by Lawkeeper View Post
    NOOO!! I wanted to be the first to do a Jagdpanther Destroyer! *sob sob*
    Well, at least I beat you to the Steyr 1500A/01

I like a bit of healthy competition, gets my ideas flowing. En garde!
    You can still be the first to build it and post it
    Have a look at my Combined Krieg/ Ryzan Husarz-Grenadiers attempt: http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=177393
    Quote Originally Posted by Juggalo
    If my post comes across as angry/aggressive/offensive/whatever, it is not intended as such. At worst, it is merely incredulity, conveyed through the inflexible format of an internet forum.Don't flatter yourself thinking anything to the contrary

heh heh, depends on how fast Bungaroo's mail service is.. Mine takes half a week. I've added its brother to my own log, though.

Krieg Marshall: The 2 Destroyer Tank Hunters from the 19th Panzer Grenadier Regiment are the original, typically seen, pattern based on the Leman Russ Chassis. They are still attached to this detachment from the 19th and will stay as they are. The new (JagdPanther based) are planned as a newer pattern, built on a different forgeworld, but using the same weapons technology. They will form the JagdPanther Tank Destroyer Squadron as part of the 101st Panzer Grenadier Regiment's armoured company. I had 3 x laser destroyer weapons left from my Ferrograd conversions so I couldn't waste them, therefore, I needed a new chassis. I think the 1/48th JagdPanther will do nicely. See what you think when they are done?

BrotherAtrox: Always open to advice and will change my mind loadsa times before I finally build. Sometimes change during build in fact. I have ordered 3 x JagdPanthers so it should stay with this or I have wasted a shed load !!!

whitey91 & BeatTheBeat: Thanks for the comments. Will try to post some more pics this weekend.

Lawkeeper: Great to see we think alike. Someone has to. Look forward to seeing your final interpretation of the Steyr 1500A/01 on your log as well as the JagdPanther conversion. Our JagdPanther conversions may be similar from some of the bits you have lying around your table. I thought I had my conversion plan in fairly set concrete but I will see what you do as well. That's what Warseer is all about, sharing ideas !!

Written update:

Working on the following at the moment:

-Steyr command car for 150th Mechanised command.
    -Quad launcher (NEBELWERFER 41) for 150th Mechanised.

-Pioneer flamethrower section for 101st Panzer Grenadier Rgt Armoured Coy
    -Combat Engineer Ferrograd recovery vehicle for 101st Panzer Grenadier Rgt Armoured Coy
    -Anti-air vehicle for 101st Panzer Grenadier Rgt Armoured Coy
    -Sniper Sqd for 101st Panzer Grenadier Rgt Armoured Coy
    -3 x JagdPanther Tank Destroyers for Tank Destroyer squadron, 101st Panzer Grenadier Rgt Armoured Coy

Mostly waiting for bits in the post.

Later

Bungaroo

Looking forward to the anti-air and Sniper squad.

Nice idea, personnally I'm still stuck with my own shadowsword JagdPanther pattern as the command baneblade of the 151st super heavy tank regiment. I'm quiet curious to see how the JagdPanther destroyer comes out and also all the rest of your army list specially the sniper squad.

About the JagdPanther if you've got any advice please share them.
    Krieg Marshall moto:
    honour, duty, self-abnegation, sacrifice.

I recently converted some scout sentinels with Krieg Crewmen, I have Death-Riders and enjoy them a lot, but I thought it was a pretty cool idea that turned out really well. Just took some artillery crewmen and it was as simple as a green-stuff torso swap.

Looking forward to seeing the final tank destroyer.

Page 51 of 76 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast