Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Heresy: Fan Additions

Dark Heresy: Fan Additions

Since GW in their infinite wisdom decided to not support the game I'm creating this thread in the hopes of people who have the Dark Heresy book to post up new additions to the game. The additions can be anything from new paths to new races and so on. I know that Warseer has some damn fine creative individuals. Show everyone what you can come up with for the game.

One simple rule for contributions is to please use standard formating in your post and make it legible for people to read. The last thing someone wants to be hit with is a wall of text and mangled grammar/spelling.

EDIT: I forgot to add that once I have a thorough understanding the rules I plan on doing Sisters of Silence.
    Last edited by The_Patriot; 07-02-2008 at 00:02.

Re: Dark Heresy: Fan Additions

Maybe not an addition, but I would just like to ask if any of you have looked at the wikia made for Dark Heresy.

I looked a little not sure how reliable or balanced the options where.
    Worship the Gods with a fearful heart, for they are our masters and direct us according to their great plan. We are the iron gauntlet, the blazing sword. All praises, all praises to the Ruinous Powers! Khorne, Tzeentch, Nurgle and Slaanesh! The Word Bearers march, and the galaxy will burn.

What right have you to call me heretic, he who has not heard the whisper of dark gods in his ear?

There is no peace among the stars, only an eternity of slaughter and the laughter of thirsting gods

most of what will be needed to expand is in the main set of material DH GMs screen (xenos generator) and inquisitors hand book with the sister of battle career path. Their is a DH vehicle rules PDF on the BI site (grab it while you can).

Creating other career paths would be relatively easy
    eg Space Marine
    Starting skills- Speak Language, Awareness or concealment, Drive or demolition, survival or silent move, swim, dodge .

Starting talents- fearless ,Autosanguine, heightened senses, hardy constitution, lightning reflexes, basic weapon training (bolt) or (Las), Melee weapon training (chain), pistol training (bolt pistol), quick draw or rapid reload. Marine Training - Increase one of these traits by +5 for no xp cost WS BS S T Ag

Starting gear- Bolter 1 clips or Long Las 3 hot shot charges, Chainsword, bolt pistol 1 clip, knife, light power armor, combat fatigues, rations, infrared goggles, re breather, micro bead , auspex,

Beginning Rank- Scout

Seems like a lot but SM characters would advance way slower than other characters, representing their longer life spans and required training before becoming a full space marine.

If you wanted to get real creative you could add the implants bit by bit in a similar style to the tech-priests bionics
    In nomine Imperator

Log of some stuff I did for the Emperor.
    http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187243

Quote Originally Posted by catbarf View Post
    Listen, Ewan, you've gotta tell them- Simple Green is made of people!

Quote Originally Posted by arch_inquisitor View Post
    most of what will be needed to expand is in the main set of material DH GMs screen (xenos generator) and inquisitors hand book with the sister of battle career path. Their is a DH vehicle rules PDF on the BI site (grab it while you can).

Creating other career paths would be relatively easy
    eg Space Marine
    Starting skills- Speak Language, Awareness or concealment, Drive or demolition, survival or silent move, swim, dodge .

Starting talents- fearless ,Autosanguine, heightened senses, hardy constitution, lightning reflexes, basic weapon training (bolt) or (Las), Melee weapon training (chain), pistol training (bolt pistol), quick draw or rapid reload. Marine Training - Increase one of these traits by +5 for no xp cost WS BS S T Ag

Starting gear- Bolter 1 clips or Long Las 3 hot shot charges, Chainsword, bolt pistol 1 clip, knife, light power armor, combat fatigues, rations, infrared goggles, re breather, micro bead , auspex,

Beginning Rank- Scout

Seems like a lot but SM characters would advance way slower than other characters, representing their longer life spans and required training before becoming a full space marine.

If you wanted to get real creative you could add the implants bit by bit in a similar style to the tech-priests bionics
    Inquisitor's Handbook won't be published as per BI's announcement. Disciples of the Dark Gods will be the last book published for Dark Heresy.

Also this thread is for everyone to contribute not just me. The Space Marine path looks promising, so could you finish it?

No Inquisitors Handbook? *sigh*

Well... shucks I was really hoping for that one.
    Worship the Gods with a fearful heart, for they are our masters and direct us according to their great plan. We are the iron gauntlet, the blazing sword. All praises, all praises to the Ruinous Powers! Khorne, Tzeentch, Nurgle and Slaanesh! The Word Bearers march, and the galaxy will burn.

What right have you to call me heretic, he who has not heard the whisper of dark gods in his ear?

There is no peace among the stars, only an eternity of slaughter and the laughter of thirsting gods

Quote Originally Posted by Chaplain of Chaos View Post
    No Inquisitors Handbook? *sigh*

Well... shucks I was really hoping for that one.
    Me too and I think that they confused Sisters of Battle with Sisters of Silence.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Mason
    Hi All

Just wanted to express my thanks for all of your support and goodwill towards the BI team. It is much appreciated.

Some of you have asked about what books will be released for DH, here they are:

Purge the Unclean
    The Inquisitor's Handbook
    Disciples of the Dark Gods

These are all being released as previously advertised. In addition, we'll be making sure that there's plenty of free web stuff for you as well - call it a thank you from me and the team.

All the best

Mike
    This is what I got off of BI's website? Is this out of date or something?

Check out the BI forums for a number of alternate fan sites...

Kage

This is what I got off of BI's website? Is this out of date or something?
    Naw, I was wrong.

Never have I been happier about somebody being wrong

Never have I been happier about somebody being wrong
    Me too considering my first 40k army being Sisters of Battle.

Heyho! GO check out the BL publishing forum. The larger part of the community is active there. There is a wiki and a webpage created. Check out the thread: 'The Heresy is dead, long live the Heresy!'
    That's what she said!

give me a little bit to work it out. I think I will go with the addition of implants as a space marine character advances.

I got the starting rank wrong if I go this route it should be starting rank- neophyte.
    first three implants
    Secondary heart- talent gain one extra wound
    Ossmodula- Talent +5 T
    Biscopea- Talent+ 5 S
    Undergoing Indoctrination - Gain 2 insanity points

And any missions during implantation will just be considered training. Once I've done some more I'll work out some details on the other implants and an XP advancement chart

I'm also considering a time out system wherein the space marine character cannot be played until he has recovered from surgery.

Sorry Right now I'm just using this thread as notes and critic.
    In nomine Imperator

Are we argueing there that Space Marines would be about the same as (insert current base career here) at final level?

As supposedly the end of a career path leaves the character ideal suited to become an Interogater and if a full Inquisitor isn't a match for a Space Marine than I don't see how an Interogater equivalent would match the proper 40k vision of the Emperor's Finest.

No I mean space marines would have a slower advancement but would easily surpass any of the other careers at final level. And I'm talking about starting them out as neophytes not even fully implanted but there is a fluff problem to work out.
    In nomine Imperator

how so? a SM might not work in an inquisitors retinue sort of setting but he would work if he was a deathwatch marine attached to an Ordo Xenos inquisitor who is working on some sort of important case.

Or perhaps it would work for a more Epic oriented game with full blown Inquisitors instead of acolytes and real Officio Assainorum temples involved not just swords/guns for hire.

Quote Originally Posted by arch_inquisitor View Post
    No I mean space marines would have a slower advancement but would easily surpass any of the other careers at final level. And I'm talking about starting them out as neophytes not even fully implanted but there is a fluff problem to work out.
    Well, the problem is that Space Marines in the fluff suffer from being made too strong. They're not as strong as everyone thinks they are, so just keep that in mind. Balance is the key and I saw someone's write up for SM on the BL forums. It was just awful and a lot of the propaganda from the fluff was used as rules.

I would say they are stronger than their TT version but weaker than their 1 man army fluff personas.

A healthy middle ground would be ideal.

I would say they are stronger than their TT version but weaker than their 1 man army fluff personas.

A healthy middle ground would be ideal.
    Well the problem with comparing their TT version to a DH version is that you don't know which part of their stats are from the armor and which are from the implants. How much of their Strength and Toughness is from the armor? Also on a D6 a Space Marine is pretty powerful at 66% out of 100. That would mean that their Strength and Toughness on a D10 couldn't exceed 60 at the start of the game.

Thats the tricky part of finding that healthy middle ground.

In DH PC's fail more than they achieve on challenging tests.

I think a full Space Marine should succed more than he fails at challenging tests.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast