Page 1 of 51 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: mrtn's Southlands Beastmen and other fantasy armies and warbands

mrtn's Southlands Beastmen and other fantasy armies and warbands

Well, I thought I should celebrate my 500th post by starting a painting log over here on Warseer as well. This log will include pictures of my chaos army, but also pics of my Mordheim stuff and whatever else strikes my fancy.

Here is a current army shot (only finished models):

Here it is again, very large

Beastlord
    Converted Shaman
    Random Beastmen
    OOP Beastmen

Scratchbuilt Chariot drawn by Flesh Hounds

Bestigors

Centigors

Warhounds

Minotaur with converted snout

Converted Lionman
    Pigman
    Pigman Shaman

Chaos Warriors
    Scratchbuilt Chaos Warrior

And at last, a link to my Photobucket account where I have more pictures of these things and more.

I hope you like it. At the moment I'm working on Chaos Knights and a Chaos dwarf DoW cannon.

My Skaven army:

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a4/...Army2010-2.jpg
    http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a4/...Army2010-3.jpg
    http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a4/...Army2010-4.jpg
    < This post has a report Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Re: mrtn's Southlands Beastmen (and more)

Nice painting, and some excellent conversions & scratchbuilds. I love the pig shaman!
    Like slack-jawed never Gnyaarg. Some then folks'll folks'll skunk, some. the but, again yokel eat a Cletus.
    | Project log |
    McMullet's avatar has poorly hands and so few postings will be written and they may be a little terse.

Looking very good so far. One question though: Have you considered tiger stripes? Or some kind of leopard skin pattern on the hounds? I think they would go very well with your painting scheme and would add even more to the Southlands scheme.

Thanks for your replies.

Sigur, yes I considered stripes, I even made them already. They are on the Centigors however, and light rather than dark.
    Here is an old wip shot. The lightning is quite harsh, but it should show something at least... Let's just say it looks better in reality.

I think I'd prefer to leave the hounds as is.

Light tiger stripes, eh? Looks interesting. I gave it a second thought by the way and maybe tiger stripes would have made your minis look too busy. So I don't have anything to critisize any more ( ) so I'll just shut up and wait for upcoming updates.

P.S.: That photoshopped image looks great.

Librarian

Very creative mrtn, the army looks nice and the conversions are wondeful. It's good to see a different take on gw models.

The chaos dwarf cannon should be interesting, are you using the hellcannon or creating your own?
    Napoleonic Ogres http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=284734 To try them is to love them!

I'm pretty sure I've replied to another post of yours showing some of these figures, but I'll repeat... I really like the figures, and think the colors work well together.

I hadn't noticed some of the ungors having human-ish heads before, that's pretty of cool! In general, I like that there are enough conversions mixed in so that there are little surprises and alot of variety.

Cool stuff, I can't wait to see more!
    +++ +++ +++
    Commission Work: Possible opening for a LARGE commission project

http://zerotwentythree.blogspot.com/ +++ Marienburg vs. The Undeadish (Warseer PLog)

((currently dead Warseer PLogs Marienburg (Empire) Army +++ WWI Aerial Gaming +++ Age of Caesar +++ Terraplog! ))

@Prince Sairion: Thanks. The cannon will probably be used as a DoW cannon, i e I'll just pretend that the chaosdwarves are very short humans... The cannon itself is an old dwarf cannon (from when they knew how to use wood ) and the chaos dwarves look like this atm:

@ZeroTwentyThree: Thanks for your reply. As there are only two bodies and four ungor heads in a herd box it gets a bit repetitive after a while...
    Here is a WIP of some of those human-headed ones. I like the guy with a horny shoulder, myself. Here is another one.

Wunderbart. Lovely photoshop montage there. Did you use any specific technique for lining them up like that for the picture? I'm guessing you just made 3 layers in PS and put them in the middle. Am I right?

Love the colourscheme. What type of dwarven models are the chaos dwarves based on?
    Plog of Jericho - Wood Elves, Daemons, Beastmen, CSM and Whatnot.

MD: You got a christmas gift?
    House: Yeah, 'cause I worship Santa. Or wait, is that Satan? I always get them mixed up.

OMG, I used to have about 100 of those dwarves when I first started playing!

Nice conversion, simple & effective. Better than the big-hats.
    +++ +++ +++
    Commission Work: Possible opening for a LARGE commission project

http://zerotwentythree.blogspot.com/ +++ Marienburg vs. The Undeadish (Warseer PLog)

((currently dead Warseer PLogs Marienburg (Empire) Army +++ WWI Aerial Gaming +++ Age of Caesar +++ Terraplog! ))

Nice stuff there, nice color selection, great conversions. Look forward to more.

... the Warrior hornblower has an Errol Flynn moustache? Chaos just got creepier.
    Orphaned grandspawn of the 19th century.

@Satan: Something like that, apart from the fact that I had to start by mirroring the savannah to get it big enough, and do some more tricks to hide that.

Those are old plastics from 1991.

@023, E-Dog: Thanks.

@SlagetvidLund: No, that's probably his mouth you're thinking of. It's a beastman head, btw.

Just because you've been such an enthusiastic audience I'll give you something extra.

This is an old skeleton from the Lord of the Rings line of miniatures. Well, not the current line, of course , I bought it 15 years ago, or something like that. It's one of the dead men from Dunharrow, I painted it up recently.

I've started work on a Herdstone! This one will be a bit different to most, as it is just beside the skeleton of a dinosaur dragon. I will also add as much beastman swag I can get my hands on, at the moment I'm cutting the skulls off the beastherd banners.

I love that heardstone, I think it's going to look awesome and that Skeleton could belong to a defeated Lizardman Carnosaur! The whole southland idea is great, I always like when people explore regions that GW doesn't really talk about in detail. That's what inspired me to build an Ind themed army. I can't wait to see more pics!

Looking good! Cant wait to see the herdstone finished!

This looks very interesting. I love the herdstone, and good use of old minis for the Chaos Dwarves. Although, after looking at your pics, the Pigman has me visualizing 'Saw' while having the audio of "Animals" running through my head. "Big Man, Pig Man, ha ha, Charade you are!". Sorry, couldn't resist, but that is a good thing! I'll keep my eyes peeled here...
    Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law

I'm hoping to stay motivated to finish painting an army, or three.... (Update: 10/1/09!)

Anyone in Knoxville, TN wanting to play a game of fantasy, PM me!

Thats a really nice army you have there mrtn. I really can't wait to see that lovely herdstone finished.

Can't wait to see the stone painted! By the way, does your beastmen army have any specific Chaos Mark?

Page 1 of 51 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast