Page 3 of 329 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: WarSeer Painting Support Group

I expected to see a picture of your hot gf or you fighting back the demons of spam.

btw, a little update: It's doubtable that I will finish the first bunch till tomorrow since I spent the last day at the uni and helping a friend to move his stuff into his new appartment (4 floors, NO elevator => pain).

As I got bored with the Chimera, I bring you the pastel Istvaanian Inquisitor!

Yes, he is rushed, and no I haven't done the base yet.

/Adrian
    WHEN captaines couragious, whom death cold not daunt;
    Did march to the siege of the citty of Gaunt,
    They mustred their souldiers by two and by three,
    And the formost in battle was Mary Ambree.

Sexy. I really like the blue on the cape. The bolter though looks weird, a little too... "Gruntish" for an inquisistor - that may just be the photo. Is it case-white, or all metal?

Captain Brown, I'll have to investigate the manual to find out how to turn the dang flash off. All I really know is point-and-click.

Engel - you have some nice stuf for a student, I'll give you that!
    Whoopie Goldberg for Pres!

Luck is nothing but preparation met well by opportunity.
    - Eric Bana's father

If at first you do suceed, try not to look too astonished.
    - Melnick's Law

Quote Originally Posted by Samoth
    Sexy. I really like the blue on the cape. The bolter though looks weird, a little too... "Gruntish" for an inquisistor - that may just be the photo. Is it case-white, or all metal?
    Thanks. It's all metal. Next project would be four Ironguts for my High Elf army by tuesday. No way I'm going to make that deadline.

I'll have to use white spray though, as both I and the store is out of black.

/Adrian
    Last edited by Sgt John Keel; 01-04-2005 at 15:35.
    WHEN captaines couragious, whom death cold not daunt;
    Did march to the siege of the citty of Gaunt,
    They mustred their souldiers by two and by three,
    And the formost in battle was Mary Ambree.

Commander
    What a great thread.
    Here are some WIP things that I'm trying to get done.
    If all goes to plan they should be finished before I die.
    ThisIs my nearly done Shas'ui. He comes from a cadre posted at the very edge of Tau space where resources are scarce.
    As a consequence, my Fire Warriors look likethis to reflect the rationing of material.

Their Kroot mercenaries are getting fed up of being paid in IOU's and are starting to pack up and leave.
    Here is one that has stayed faithfull.
    Here he is again. The effect I am trying to create is that of a naked parrot (i.e with no feathers). Since that is what Kroot remind me of.
    This,
    this
    and this are examples of my unpainted repositioned Kroot warriors.

I may or may not update their status this year.

Edit: Isn't it funny how photography shows up the painting faults X10?
    Last edited by Piku; 01-04-2005 at 19:35.

Quote Originally Posted by Piku
    What a great thread.
    Here are some WIP things that I'm trying to get done.
    If all goes to plan they should be finished before I die.
    Nice figures Piku.

Any particular reason the Kroot are on the clear bases or are those just temporary? I guess I can see some value in being able to see all around the figure (literally), but that would be murder on my hands trying to hold those large bases (broken too many of my fingers over the years).

Welcome back everyone. Please check your old PLOGs and update photos that have been lost in the hack or Photobucket block.
    Elysian Army PLOG - Tau Army PLOG - Ork Army PLOG - Sisters of Battle PLOG - Necromunda Imperial Guard Army PLOG - Alaitoc Eldar PLOG
    Please follow the rules and respect the opinions of others - Warseer FAQ
    Selling OOP GW Books and Games - Interested in buying oop metal Eldar

Hi fellow addicts, Ill not go into the list of what is still to be painted, lets just say that I have been out of painting/gaming for a few years but have continued to but new armies that I have either been wanting to collect for awhile GK, chaos, brets and SoB, have caught my eye, Tau or have been collecting for sometime Orcs and Imperial guard.

The fact that my kids have now started to collect guard and ork armies is the kick I need to start with the GK and SoB, updates to follow

Commander
    Thanks Captain Brown.
    The flying bases are just an aesthetic thing, they're due to be flocked at some point.
    I've seen a few people doing this now, I think Pertinax's dunkin' Kroot have them as well.
    I haven't seen any benefit in being able to see all around the figure but they do make adequate magnifying glasses!
    Still not there yet? Well, get ready, they're about to make you cannibalize his flesh and blood! The next time Christmas rolls around put on your Space Marine costume and head to the midnight mass, because Catholicism is just like you're living in Warhammer 40,000, only there are a few less flying skulls.

Re: Portent Painting Support Group

little update:

I finally finished at least something: An anti-tank squad. -> link

This is supposed to be table-top standard and as usual, my highlighting is too subtle to be seen. Hope you like them. Looks like I'll be able to get another fire support squad done within the next 2-3 days and 15 Cadians after that.

Very nice sigur!
    Call me strange, but one detail I really like are the power cables. They really look like power cables!

Nice bases too!
    Keep it up!

-[My Ultraslow Blog]-
    -[^Now with added Orkiness!^]-

-[Dark Angels] - [Deathwing] - [Valkyr 25th] - [Orks] - [Emperor's Children]-

Currently i have 8 Chaos Marines and a rhino to paint. Though after my birthday next month i expect the workload will increase somewhat...
    "Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Lucifer
    It's akin to me being concerned that I might get beaten to death by Stephen Hawking

Commander

*joins group again*

Hi, er, I'm Wez (no *****...)

I've got mainly CSM and LotD to paint/assemble (Chaos space marines and lost and the damned for those who prefer fantasy...)

Pics to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by PSD
    Currently i have 8 Chaos Marines and a rhino to paint. Though after my birthday next month i expect the workload will increase somewhat...
    It lives!

-Wez

Hello all,

I got myself another job to start monday, which means i will have cash again, which means i will have an overload of minis again.

I now have a few things to finish up so i can have them out of the way.

1 Tactical squad of RT era marines. ( i stripped these a week or so ago)

Also i had a look at my old command squad the other week and nearly laughed, its funny how you improve at painting, instead of struipping them, i am repainting them.

The first one, The captain i left lying on my comp table after bering finished.
    My cousin came over picked it up, and he asked if i painted it. He was amazed at how I had improved haha. i was pleased.

This weekend I am gonna go get a new box of termies. thats if they areout this weekend? i think they are.

Anyway, when the cash comes in, i have a few things to buy and paint...

Razorback squad boxed set.
    Landraider.
    FW vindi.
    And either a FW helios Whirlie or a Normal GW one. any views on which is better?

Chapter Master Inquisitor Engel's Avatar

Started work on my Nid Hunters last night with the Nids from the BfM box. Just a couple of bits so far. Currently need some Rippers to turn into kneepads, and a couple of Warrior heads for shields.

So a Warrior Box set is next on the purchase order.

They're rough work. Filing and some Greenstuff will begin tonight.

Last edited by Inquisitor Engel; 06-04-2005 at 22:50.

Engel,

Nice idea with the Tyranid Heads on the Backpack. Will you have enough Tyranid parts to complete your unit?

Do these pictures count as being hosted off-site? As I see they are photobucket, but you have used the html tags to show the jpegs directly. This was how I always posted my pictures in the previous version of Portent, but I have heard from some users that this drives up the bandwidth. As you are part of the inner circle you should know if this is trully the case.

Cheers,

Captain Brown

Welcome back everyone. Please check your old PLOGs and update photos that have been lost in the hack or Photobucket block.
    Elysian Army PLOG - Tau Army PLOG - Ork Army PLOG - Sisters of Battle PLOG - Necromunda Imperial Guard Army PLOG - Alaitoc Eldar PLOG
    Please follow the rules and respect the opinions of others - Warseer FAQ
    Selling OOP GW Books and Games - Interested in buying oop metal Eldar

Hurrah! Finally got something done last night, namely some modelling and a lot of undercoating. Things stand as such:

HQ

Chaplin: Cassius, just green stuffing the ripper out.
    Command squad: undercoated except for the few bits I've posted in the wanted section
    Techmarine: Basecoated, just needs detailing....and the final servo arm.

Elites

Termis: Box on the way.
    "Special" Badab Squad: First Hvy Bolter Basecoasted, others onthe way.

Troops

2 Tac Squads: Next months purchase
    CC Scouts: I have a cunning plan...
    Support Scouts: Started modelling the sergeant and missile Launcher, Bolter & sniper scouts being delivered

Fast Attack

Assault Squad: Vet Sergeant: Painted except for jump pack, rest of squad: under coated.

Heavy support

Devastator squad: 1 Hvy bolter & 1 Heavy Plasma finished. 1 Heavy Bolter undercoated, 1 Heavy Bolter trooper done awaiting Hvy Bolter.
    Dread: Basecoated and in process of detailing.

Am I right to feel a little happier?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt John Keel
    I still mourn that we don't get rending ponies.
    That was an important speech sir and it needed to be made, but may I suggest that from this moment on, the rest of this discourse is conducted by those with brains larger than a grape...
    The Badab War
    Trooper Abu Baka Talaiwa of the 5th company.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Brown
    Nice idea with the Tyranid Heads on the Backpack. Will you have enough Tyranid parts to complete your unit?
    More than enough heads, I stole it from a Tyranid Hunter I saw on Ebay. I don't want to use the heads for all the models in the unit, maybe 3 plus the Sergeant in a squad of 10. Some ripper swarm knee-pads will be in order though.

I plan on buying a box of Space Wolves and using the wolf-tooth necklaces and such as trophies, as they just look appropriate. If anyone has better pics than the online store of the seperate Space Wolf torsos, that would be fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Brown
    Do these pictures count as being hosted off-site?
    Nick hasn't complained to me yet!

Basically, as I understand it, the pictures don't actually come through Portent, your computer just looks them up and puts them there.

I'm probably wrong though, but the upgrades Nick put on here are a great, great help.

[i]yeah, i know i know... i've not been around in a while. but i'm getting back into schedule, so we'll have regular updates from me.

swooping hawk, doing a squad for a friend for christmas. deadline is may first. his birthday.

venerable dreadnought.

typing exclusively in italics since february 17, 1999.
    updated eightteen.february.thirteen [Yme-Loc] updated four.february.twelve [self biased's messy desk] updated sixteen.august.twelve [Unrequited Vengeance]

good stuff,
    i'm getting the new marine battleforce soon and i hope i will post progress on it.
    (the reason i'm getting the battleforce is because i can't wait for the new tactical squad to come out in the UK)

Although i DO have 50 imperial guard to paint and 20 abhumans
    and finish off my 30 marines properlly
    and repaint my D.H.
    and repaint my older imperial guard which i painted 5 months ago but now i DRASTICALLY improved my painting

hope to posts pics,
    plasma
    Brutius Maximus, Veteran Sergeant

Nice Venerable dread, Self Biased! It looks excellent. How done was it? Forge World's models tend to fluxuate in terms of how easy it is to fix stuff, so how was it? I've been thinking of getting one myself.

Well, my parents were nice and sent my first Termie box today, holding out on the other two until my real birthday (April 27th) along with the bitz to make them into Assault Terminators, a task I will enjoy.

Anyway, I really enjoyed painting these termies, they lend themselves fantastically to painting, the helmet takes white really well, really smooth and allows for great, great lowlights and shading with shadow grey.

They're really a pleasure to paint. One at a time though, I want these to be fan-******-tastic.

You'll notice I've stuck to the really dark blue I used for my Tacticals, unlike GW did. I find GW's paintscheme for the Termies a little bright, and a little bland for my tastes, a little bright, and why, oh why, did they get rid of the hazard stripes power fists?

And so I stuck to the original scheme.
    Last edited by Inquisitor Engel; 10-04-2005 at 06:10.

Page 3 of 329 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast