Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Captain Brown's Ork Painting Log (Over 100+ Pictures)

Re: Captain Brown's Ork Painting Log (Over 100+ Pictures)

Going from strength to strength!

Very well-done classic(3rd. ed.) scheme.
    Broterhood of the Shattered Spear - Heresy-Era White Scars of the 189. Explorator-Fleet!

Heroes of Armageddon - Unwanted paints 21 different Chapters for fun and profit (No actual profit involved)

Unwanted Forays into Mordheim! Orcs in da ruins!

Chapter Master Inquisitor Engel's Avatar

You paint 88 orks in less than 90 days, I take 90 days to paint a single space marine.

Excellent work on these orks, they're dirty, yet it's clear the painting is crisp, which is really nice to see.

Quote Originally Posted by silverstu View Post
    The blue background really shows them off! That is some amount of painting! Love the DeffKopptas- the wear and patinas on the metal is great! Any chance of a group shot yet or are you saving that until the end?
    Thanks silverstu, been working on getting that photo, but Mrs. Captain Brown has had so many projects for me I have only just gotten around to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Doi View Post
    I agree, the blue background works wonders. I might need to consider the switch myself...

The Deffkopta's look amazing. Just the three or do you have plans for more?
    Doi
    Thanks Doi, no only three that came in a trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Denny View Post
    Blue Background makes a massive difference. I don't know the technical reasons, but the colours are so much richer and totally pop.
    Thank you Denny.

Quote Originally Posted by unwanted View Post
    Going from strength to strength!

Very well-done classic(3rd. ed.) scheme.
    Thanks unwanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Inquisitor Engel View Post
    You paint 88 orks in less than 90 days, I take 90 days to paint a single space marine.

Excellent work on these orks, they're dirty, yet it's clear the painting is crisp, which is really nice to see.
    Thank you Inquisitor Engel.

Thank you all and now the completed army:

I have some more close-ups coming so you can see every unit in detail, however in summary: two Ork Warlords (one in Mega-Armor), one Mad Doc, one Nobz Mob of 10, one Nobz Mob of 3 in Mega-Armor with a Trukk, one Mob of 10 Tank Bustas with a Trukk and 2 Bomb Squigs, two Trukk Mobz of 12 Boyz and one of them with a Big Shoota and Trukk each, one Boyz Mobz of 30 with Slugga and Choppa and three Big-Shootas, one Boyz Mobz of 30 with Shoota and three Big-Shootas, one Gretchin Mobz of 30 and 3 Minders, one Storm Boyz Mobz of 10, one Bike Mobz of 4, one Deffkopta Mobz of 3, three Traks with twin-linked rokkits, one Loota Mobz of 15, and two Battlewagons. Every Mobz that can, has a Nobz leading it…most with a Power Klaw and Slugga for maximum choppiness.

So there you have it a complete army of Greenskins…88 of them painted in the first month of this year to get me back in a rhythm.

The long painting war continues…but in this case I have beaten this army of silver and grey.

CB
    Last edited by Captain Brown; 03-08-2017 at 00:07.

Welcome back everyone. Please check your old PLOGs and update photos that have been lost in the hack or Photobucket block.
    Elysian Army PLOG - Tau Army PLOG - Ork Army PLOG - Sisters of Battle PLOG - Necromunda Imperial Guard Army PLOG
    Please follow the rules and respect the opinions of others - Warseer FAQ
    Presently selling fully painted OOP WHFB Orc, Empire and Dark Elves. Interested in buying a Citadel Realm of Battle Board Carrying Bag

Incredible... well done!
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty
    What the Modsticker said.

Agreed, well done! Also, I.M.O, the guy who said the photos do turn out better on the blue background, at least, as far as I've seen....

Quote Originally Posted by Codsticker View Post
    Incredible... well done!
    Quote Originally Posted by Noble Korhedron View Post
    Agreed, well done! Also, I.M.O, the guy who said the photos do turn out better on the blue background, at least, as far as I've seen....
    Thanks Codsticker and Noble Korhedron,

Some more shots closer to the models:

Noble Korhedron, I just could not find a blue sheet.

The long painting war is over for my Orks, but more painting battles go on in my other PLOGs.

Cheers,

CB
    Last edited by Captain Brown; 03-08-2017 at 00:09.

Welcome back everyone. Please check your old PLOGs and update photos that have been lost in the hack or Photobucket block.
    Elysian Army PLOG - Tau Army PLOG - Ork Army PLOG - Sisters of Battle PLOG - Necromunda Imperial Guard Army PLOG
    Presently selling fully painted OOP WHFB Orc, Empire and Dark Elves. Interested in buying a Citadel Realm of Battle Board Carrying Bag

So like so many of you, Photobucket has decided to hold my images for a ransom of $30 US a month. Now as a company that has allowed me to host for free for so long I really cannot fault them. I do not like they gave no warning, but such is life. I am now using Imgur and will update the images in this log over the next few days.

Thank you for your patience.

CB

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6