View Poll Results: What legs should the Hive Tyrant have?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

6 16.67%
  • B

2 5.56%
  • C

5 13.89%
  • D

23 63.89%
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Hive Fleet Cronus - The painting and development of a 'Alien' Army

Re: Hive Fleet Cronus - The painting and development of a 'Alien' Army

Looking good so far. Just a thought as I was staring at your Harriden pics, now the gargoyles are in plastic (and thus cheaper) you could make up a box of them and fil them to the base\poll of the harriden as if they were flying with it.

The winged Hive Tyrant has come out fantasticly, it's full of character and should be useful in games too (although I've heard winged HT are expensive in the new dex but still worth it).

Good luck with your projects for the weekend.

Veteran Sergeant sCar[Sandstorm]'s Avatar

Nice stuff man, good idea for a 4th ed zoat to be the DoM.
    Hive Fleet Drakonika - My log

Tyranid army record:

Wins: 10
    Draws: 2
    Losses: 4

Today I have been mostly building.......

Yet more 'Nids.

I begun the day by clipping out my gargoyles when I realised that I was running low on plastic glue, so dashed quickly to the local GW, however like the fool I am I came back with yet more Tyranid Goodies (but more of that to come) DAM GW and their model CRACK

Anyhow back to the army. The girlfriend had been on the phone and wanted photos of the models she had brought me put together so I switched jobs and concentrated on my two venomthropes.

These as I knew they would be are horrible models to construct and required a great deal of pinning. They are also very top + forward heavy so don't really sit right in my opinion.

I then worked on my Pyrovore. I can not express how many swear words I used during its construction. Its a loverly model but I certianly don't want many of them in my army.

For anyone who is interested here is a comparison shot of it with a Biovore. Reading the codex I can see many a player using this model as a Biovore rather than the Pyrovore.

My photography is certainly showing signs that it is gone midnight here....

Since the drill was still out aswell as my files I decided to then begin work on my new purchases.

Two Hive Guard....

These caused e even more pain (and more swearing) as I encountered two problems Firstly there seems to be a moulding problem on the left side, where the rear and middle legs are connected.

You can see where the two limbs don't meet very well on this model here.

In one of my two blisteres the part had broken in two and the second one showed a very bad crack in it, which got worse during the drilling process. I called GW direct and spoke to a very poor people skills person at the other end who explained that I could either take it back to GW Cambridge to swop or send it back to them direct. I was feeling in a lazy mood by now and decided that once painted and pinned it should be quite secure so decided to just carry on and construct the models.

The guns however, be warned are an absolute pain to put together and may require many a swear word during construction.

Again for reference purposes here is a comparison shot between the Hive Guard and a Tyrant Guard.

Finally I began work on my plastics.

First and foremost I love Tyranid plastics, and I love the new gargoyles more than any other model in the range. (Apart from adding the fleshborer) They are really great kit and when finished look amazing, (especially in numbers)

Mine still however require their heads.

Finally as a treat to myself I worked on my second purchase of the day, a Mawloc.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_H View Post
    Today I have been mostly building.......

Yet more 'Nids.

I begun the day by clipping out my gargoyles when I realised that I was running low on plastic glue, so dashed quickly to the local GW, however like the fool I am I came back with yet more Tyranid Goodies (but more of that to come) DAM GW and their model CRACK

Anyhow back to the army. The girlfriend had been on the phone and wanted photos of the models she had brought me put together so I switched jobs and concentrated on my two venomthropes.

These as I knew they would be are horrible models to construct and required a great deal of pinning. They are also very top + forward heavy so don't really sit right in my opinion.

I then worked on my Pyrovore. I can not express how many swear words I used during its construction. Its a loverly model but I certianly don't want many of them in my army.

For anyone who is interested here is a comparison shot of it with a Biovore. Reading the codex I can see many a player using this model as a Biovore rather than the Pyrovore.

My photography is certainly showing signs that it is gone midnight here....
    and thats why im gona make my own cause hive fleet moloch made one and pretty much its the size of a fex and it looks sooooo much better

heres a link
    http://www.hivefleetmoloch.de/ourobo...vy_support.php

theres some pretty nice models there
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimeMinisterSinister View Post
    I like the big sword.
    it's pretty pointless to look for logic in a world where dudes get in mile long space ships to travel a hundred years to fight with swords.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danjester View Post
    I keep wanting to put the new Asmodai in the LSV's pulpit. "Drive me closer! I want to hit them with my Holy Club!"
    [QUOTE=Gossipmeng;6708867People complaining is getting old, sounds like everyone just wants to play necrons that look like gundams.[/QUOTE]

Wow. you got alot done!! I spent the 2 hours I had free working on my necrons and only managed to base coat 4. You must be very efficent.

It's all looking good, I'd heard that the venomthropes were a pain to build\get to stay up correctly. But they do look good, especially as a pair. It's disapointing to see\hear that the Hive guard models were faulty. I'm sure they'll still look awsome when you've painted them though. The hive is growing at a good pace still soon the tyranid population of your army will be greater than that of cambridge lol.

Well its been a good number of weeks since I last posted here, but worry not the Hive Mind is always busy (although not so hobby active as one would wish).

The last few weeks my GW time has been spent on gaming, and I feel I am beginning to get to grips with the new codex. Overall I have mixed thoughts about it, overall I feel negative towards it, there are so many things wrong with it, but I think in the long run I will become a better gamer because of it. Its a codex of synagy and that I feel I have never mastered, I feel before I won with the brute force of Carnifexes and Genestealers.

Anyhow on with the hobby news.

Firstly I can reveal my new underground detachment! I have finished my Mawloc.

I love this model, I really do, however the rules for it mean it is constantly sitting on my MC shelf.

However my underground department has quickly grown with the addition of two Trygons.

This means I can run the Apoc Formation from the WD. I can't wait to try it out in battle.

I will use my FW Trygon as the Prime.

Meanwhile whilst the ground forces have been busy, so have my aerial assault. I now have a swarm of 50 gargoyles in various stages of completeness as well as a few other aeriel surprises to follow.

So stay tuned!

you have been a busy boy!
    my log (updated 14/11/14 November WIP)

Proud member of the Safehouse

the code

Chapter Master The Laughing God's Avatar

The gargoyle swarm looks fantastic. I really need to pick some up for myself. Hopefully the mawloc will perform better for you than it does for me. So far I have managed not to do any major damage to any unit with him.

Be sure to make a battle report when you try out that trygon formation.

Cheers,

This is awesome. Your log is my favorite on the entire site, and constantly inspires me to work on my own tyranids!
    Quote Originally Posted by x-esiv-4c View Post
    Meh, don't really care. They are all the same under a demolisher cannon.

ah, good stuff. 50 gargoyles? Thats quite alot!

Long time since I last checked this log out! You're making great progress in updating your army with all the new goodies, especially the trygon brood looks amazing, and would scare the living s*** out of your unlucky opponent if your brought all three in an ordinary 1500 pts game!

Keep up the great work,
    BTB

Quote Originally Posted by Angelwing View Post
    ah, good stuff. 50 gargoyles? Thats quite alot!
    I had always planned to do have 48 gargoyles when they were in metal form. Therefore 5 box sets were required.

Keep it up!
    La Grande Armée!-Check out my Sci-Fi Napoleonic IG Army
    http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201549

SM Codex 4.5
    http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=211189

Dice for the Dice God!

Quote Originally Posted by BeatTheBeat View Post
    Long time since I last checked this log out! You're making great progress in updating your army with all the new goodies, especially the trygon brood looks amazing, and would scare the living s*** out of your unlucky opponent if your brought all three in an ordinary 1500 pts game!

Keep up the great work,
    BTB
    Funnily enough, a month or so ago i faced Alex_H Tri-Trygon list with my Tau in an Annihilation game - they scared me but at 1500pts, they eat a lot of points and you can simply out manuever them and focus fire on the squishy stuff.

That said, if they get close (and they did a couple of times), they are nasty !

Alex_H latest 1750pts list is much better (very anti-Tau)
    40k Retirement since Feb'13
    The Inquisition - from nothing to something log! Update 15th September 2012 - Ordo Malleus Inquisitor progressed
    - Project on ICE !

A Tomb World Awakens! Update 31st January 2013 - Flayed Ones !
    I AM A GW FANBOY - THERE I SAID IT !
    Proud member of the Safehouse !

Brother Sergeant

Man Alex, your army is MASSIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I may have to come down there and give your Tyranids a good beating, Space Marine Style! Only an hour away from Cambridge, =)
    3rd Battalion The Vikings

2010 - LOTR Elves = Wins - 9 Draws - 1 Loses - 0

Ultramarines 13th Strike Force - In progress

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_H View Post
    I had always planned to do have 48 gargoyles when they were in metal form. Therefore 5 box sets were required.
    I thought I had too many with 20 2nd ed models. I have bought a box of the new plastics though.
    I do have a single blister of the 3rd ed metals purely for the collection. I couldn't bring myself to buy an entire brood of them!

Hello.

It's been a long time since I posted. The thread is very much still alive and the swarm is still growing and evolving. I will try and post more pictures and keep it more updated more often, but well you know, life always gets in the way

Thought I would share with you all my attempt at DOM. As you all know I was using the newest zoanthrope as DOM whilst using the 3rd edition models as standard zoanthropes. However it just didn't "feel" right so decided to do something about it.

I decided upon using the 3rd edition Hive Tyrant as a base for it. It was one of the few Tyranid models that I did not have in collection. Although I didn't feel it was what a Hive Tyrant should look like, I had always liked it. I felt the head, with its crown also fitted relatively well with the description of DOM. Of course it needed some conversion work.

After some time I had not found a suitable body to base DOM upon and decided to again use the Tyrants, but slightly modify it, removing the legs and replacing the standard monstrous creature arms with some left over arms from the new Reavenour box set.

I green stuffed the head, adding a enlarged brain to give it the zoanthrope 'feel' before adding it on to a resin base.

C&C welcome.

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast