View Poll Results: What legs should the Hive Tyrant have?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

6 16.67%
  • B

2 5.56%
  • C

5 13.89%
  • D

23 63.89%
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Hive Fleet Cronus - The painting and development of a 'Alien' Army

Re: Hive Fleet Cronus - The painting and development of a 'Alien' Army

So here is the entire army as it stands to date.

Finally I will leave you with my current two projects.

Elites....

Fast Attack.

Looking really good! And I only realized how HUGE the hierodule is when I saw it on that army shot... Wicked.

So, when will we see this beautiful army in action on a snow table?

Quote Originally Posted by BeatTheBeat View Post
    So, when will we see this beautiful army in action on a snow table?
    Unfortunately I have not started on my table yet, although I have many many ideas in my head of how it will look, have no fears that I will keep you all informed when I begin work on it.

In the mean time, I have continued work on my Raveners. Firstly finally attaching the arms and heads and then actually painting them.

I also began to work on the red terror. Originally I had thought of adding a hint of red into the overall colour, but decided against it in the end, and will just use it as a standard Ravener.

Eventually they worked out as

I then began work on the Tyranid warriors. These models although weak in game terms are my favourite models of the Tyranid range and I eventually intend to have as many of theses as I can in my swarm.

The flash doesn't show off the colouring well but they turned out all right.

And here is a quick picture showing how it compares with the Raveners.

My current projects I'm working on are a brood of 18 Hormagaunts.....

and work on some of my Spore Mines which include some I got at the last Forge World Open day.

I took this picture to show those unlucky (or lucky?) enough not have used/faced these on the battlefield.

I plan to paint the 'head' all black with white spikes/spines and have the tentacles green.

The weeks ahead should be interesting as I just went and order some new items from GW, although what they are I do not want to say at this time, due to my main opponent reading this forum.

Thoughts and comments on these would be appreciated. I will endeavour to either take a picture that shows of the true colour of the figures as the flash is showing them to be a lot more grey than they are I real life. Or I will try to photoshop them.

Nice one matey..Yeha I'm the unlucky one who has to face those horrible things..

I haev a surprise of my own just before gamesday, hehe

Dino
    "We'd actually be there! No, we are not Space Marines, we are not the Emperor's favoured. We are simply men. Men that believe in the Imperial Truth, in the forging of this new Empire every bit as much as".
    My FaceBook page: https://www.facebook.com/ForcesofhteImperium
    Massive Guard Army Led by Macharius:http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=183547
    Space Hulk:http://www.warseer.com/forums/showth...-old-Campaigns

Quote Originally Posted by silentsmoke View Post
    I haev a surprise of my own just before gamesday, hehe

Dino

Knowing you my friend its probably another one of these....

These guys are coming along nicely indeed.

Like yourself I think the Plastic warriors are probably my favourite kit, I always used loads with swarmy midgets, to back them up, none of this nidzilla nonsense!

Run away from the Heavy Bolters was the hive minds one and only thought
    The Relentless, Indomitable, Unwavering march of the Death Guard.

http://counttheseven.blogspot.com/

Aye they are a pain, especially now in the 5th edition. I've only played a few games so far, but 5th is a whole world of pain for 'nids.

Now I need some comments please. I started my spore mines with the view of having the 'tentacles' green with the 'head' black as I commented before. However having done one test model I am no longer sure of this scheme.

I also included a group shot to show it it looks with the rest of my swarm.

This also shows off a completed 'gaunt as well. The first of many......

Thanks in advance.

It doesn't look too bad, but there is something about that just doesn't seem to "gel" but I can;t quite place it.

Maybe doing a black wash or somehow breaking up the green a little more could help?
    The Relentless, Indomitable, Unwavering march of the Death Guard.

http://counttheseven.blogspot.com/

Hmm how about sapping the colours over? A wash of black and green ink mixed 75/25 would lokk rather nice - a leathery look.

No only one titan, but more artillery on it's way
    "We'd actually be there! No, we are not Space Marines, we are not the Emperor's favoured. We are simply men. Men that believe in the Imperial Truth, in the forging of this new Empire every bit as much as".
    Massive Guard Army Led by Macharius:http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=183547

Ok new update. Well a small one.

Firstly it seems that traditional that people post pictures of 3 things.

1.The PC where you surf Warseer,. As you can see I surf on the TV. I do love the power of HDMI.

2. The next the work bench from which log creations are worked upon. Well in this case my dinning table.

And finally a pet. Unfortunately as I am renting I cant own a pet, so these will have to do.

This is box one of 3 that should be arriving over the next few weeks

I don't know if I've ever seen someone paint their nids one color, as opposed to the 2 color scheme (for skin and for shell). It's a cool look and they definitely look slimy and very... alien. Keep it up!
    Hive Fleet Locust HERE
    ^ Includes converted Biovores, six versions of the Carnifex, and battle dioramas of your favorite Tyranids

Everything is very nice. I really like the Hive Tyrant and lictors!
    Quote Originally Posted by L192837465 View Post
    i've gotta say that that happens to be CROTCHSWORD, SLAYER OF WORLDS!

Smile Re: Hive Fleet Cronus - The painting and development of a 'Alien' Army

Alex_H,

I love your work ... Please check your PM's
    Kasrkins Imperial Guard
    Thorran 77th - Mobile Infantry

Red, Yellow, & Blue Platoons
    123rd Airbourne - 108th Recon - 42nd Armoured

I dont like what you have in those boxes matey....something else horrible to face me..

Well I was rudely awoken this morning at 7:30AM by the postman. It would appear that Games Workshop have made a mistake and sent me my order twice. I spent the day on the phone and it seems that they have not made a mistake in my favour unfortunately by have assumed somehow that there are two separate orders and debited my account twice. This means that I have two Games day tickets and two Games Day marines. (see the picture) Well I thought no biggy I would just send the second parcel back, but then I realised I had two Tyranid assault broods. IE 6 new carnifexes. Taking my total to 9. Hmm tempting. Very tempting..... GOD DAM YOU GAMES WORKSHOP!

PS guys thanks for the feedback its very encouraging to know people are beginning to take an interest in my work

You are in my boat my friend! Atleast now you are! I bought 2 boxes of $180 and now have a total of 9 carnifexs and then 2 tyrants.

I would give your stonecrusher FW carni some friends like scything talons and crushing claws and then make some dakkafexs.

But if you could do me a favor and get a pic of your hierodule right next to a carnifex so I can really see it's size? I would appreaciate it!
    Quote Originally Posted by rmthedude View Post
    If Necrons come out next year I will eat my lord's hat!

So I thought about it for some while and I decided to keep the 3 unexpected carnifexes. (This means I have a golden daemon ticket and model for sale. Let me know if your interested) 9 machines of war was just too tempting to pass up, especially against my mates imperial guard seen here... far too many tanks if you ask me!

Well after several hours of cutting sprue's I was left with the follow box of bits. Mmmmm bits box of Tyranid goodness.

After sitting down for a while with the codex, I decided upon the combination of weapons etc I settled on the following list for all 9 carnifexes.

1 Carnifex @ 206 Pts
    Bonded Exoskeleton; Enhanced Senses +1 BS; Regenerate; Tail Weapon - Mace; Thornback; Scything Talons (x1); Venom Cannon

1 Carnifex @ 161 Pts
    Enhanced Senses +1 BS; Regenerate; Tail Weapon - Scythe; Scything Talons (x1); Barbed Strangler

1 Stone Crusher Carnifex (IA) @ 179 Pts
    Crushing Claws; Extended Carapace +1 Save; Rending Claws; Tail Weapon - Scythe; Thornback; Toxin Sacs +1 St; Tusked

1 Carnifex @ 115 Pts
    Bio-plasma; Toxin Sacs +1 St; Scything Talons (x2)

1 Carnifex @ 111 Pts
    Acid Maw; Adrenal Glands +1 WS; Scything Talons (x2)

1 Carnifex @ 218 Pts
    Bonded Exoskeleton; Enhanced Senses +1 BS; Extended Carapace +1 Save; Regenerate; Reinforced Chitin; Spine Banks; Tail Weapon - Scythe; Twin-linked Devourer (x2)

1 Carnifex @ 204 Pts
    Enhanced Senses +1 BS; Extended Carapace +1 Save; Reinforced Chitin; Spore Cysts; Tail Weapon - Scythe; Toxin Sacs +1 St; Twin-linked Barbed Strangler

1 Carnifex @ 155 Pts
    Adrenal Glands +1 In; Bio-plasma; Spine Banks; Tail Weapon - Mace; Toxin Sacs +1 St; Crushing Claws; Twin-linked Deathspitter (x1)

1 Carnifex @ 243 Pts
    Adrenal Glands +1 WS; Bonded Exoskeleton; Extended Carapace +1 Save; Regenerate; Reinforced Chitin; Spine Banks; Tail Weapon - Scythe; Toxin Sacs +1 St; Tusked; Crushing Claws; Scything Talons (x1)

Total Roster Cost: 1592

So I then began to work on the models, firstly as most people I would expect beginning on the legs and bodies.

I cut and modified three sets of legs to try and give a few different positions as much as possible without heavily converting the legs.

More updates should follow as the day goes on as I work on the models.

Quote Originally Posted by cleansingfury View Post

But if you could do me a favor and get a pic of your hierodule right next to a carnifex so I can really see it's size? I would appreaciate it!
    Here is a picture for you. I hope its what you were after. If not let me know and I will take some others.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast