Page 3 of 171 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: Battle Brush Studios Commission Log .... In Space!

Re: Sigur's sci-fi project log (a Space Marine, Orks, randomness guaranteed!)

wow theses are some rather....colorful Orks what edition are they from I don't recognize them?
    mochi on miniature cost.
    Solder : « auuugh ! What happened to my leegggss ? Frag grenade ? » Officer : « No, corporate downsizing; we figured that a grunt wasn't worth the extra two dollars to get a pair of legs. »

samwise the great on Infiltration "Infiltrating is for hookers and sex fiends."

Chapter Master

Well I guess I will be reading, studing the photos and drooling over 40K goodies too. REALLY like the Ork, space-cadet boar boys. Sigur a man of many talents.....Well.......many well painted minies.
    I am therefore I think OR I think therefore I am?

Lovely boars, and boarboyz. The riders look properly colourful without clashing with themselves - though I agree with Arhalien that a tadge more contrast would not be un-amiss. I especially like the blue and red dags, little things like that will really make the models stand out during games (remember those, that's when you put the minis on a table and someone else does the same then you both roll dice and the person with the nicest painted army has to take theirs off the table again).

I look forward to seeing the boars with their final orange highlights.
    Like slack-jawed never Gnyaarg. Some then folks'll folks'll skunk, some. the but, again yokel eat a Cletus.
    | Project log |
    McMullet's avatar has poorly hands and so few postings will be written and they may be a little terse.

I have to say i like the colors on the Snakebites quite a bit, those are very neat sculpts and youre doing a fine job on them. I have to echo the request for at least one more highlight on the red though, it just doesnt "pop" like you'd expect.

Great Boarboyz there sigur!

Great repaint of some classic figures.

CB

Welcome back everyone. Please check your old PLOGs and update photos that have been lost in the hack or Photobucket block.
    Elysian Army PLOG - Tau Army PLOG - Ork Army PLOG - Sisters of Battle PLOG - Necromunda Imperial Guard Army PLOG - Alaitoc Eldar PLOG
    Please follow the rules and respect the opinions of others - Warseer FAQ
    Selling OOP GW Books and Games - Interested in buying oop metal Eldar

@Arhalien: Thanks for your comments in here. I'll ignore your joking for now (;-) ) and just inform you that your critique concerning the depth of the reds has been taken seriously and today I shaded it down a bit.

@Keadaen: Thanks but I find it a little disturbing that you don't recognize those Orks. They have been released in 1994 (I'm pretty sure they were) and are the only Boarboys models to date. They even were sold in the GW online store until they changed the bitz ordering system a few months back.

@Crazy Harborc: Cheers. I'm glad you don't know about the legions of unpainted miniatures on the shelf.

@McMullet: I have no idea of this "game" concept you're talking about but it sounds weird. I mean, you buy MANY miniatures, paint some of them, put it back into the box and that's it I thought. Are you implying that people tend to take their miniatures, set them up on a table and then take them off the table again? Where's the use in that?
    I'm still waiting for that orange colour you promised to send me for painting the boars.

@Calibretto: Thanks for your comment and yes, you're right about the additional highlight. I usually am too shy on making highlights stand out.

@Captain Brown: Thanks, Captain o'the 5th. I hope you're also satisfied with what the BB marine looks like so far.

Here's a new little update, people:

Again, not big (visible) news but I'm progressing. And since I signed up for the new Tale of 40k Painters which starts in August, I shouldn't progress too fast anyway.

And here's a plea for some support.

These fellas aren't my helpless take on truescale marines, these are Bad Moon Meganobs. Sadly, I lack 40mm round bases for them (and some friends of them) so if anyone of you has some spare 40mm round bases drop me a PM. :-)

Anyways, I hope I'll be able to deliver with some more updates (yes, more pictures of these 9 miniatures with NO changes at all. I'll just call it "update" each time.)

Do you specifically want GW 40mm bases? Or will a very similar product suffice? They are the same width (40mm) but are about a mm or so shallower.

If you want them I think I have 5 spares.

Thanks for the offering, Catferret. I'll look around for GW bases for a bit but if I can't find any, I will thankfully get back to your offering. The thing is that those meganobs of course are smaller than the current ones. Putting them onto bases which are less high than the GW ones won't help making them any more menancing.

Now on to the official part: I'm still kind of struggling with my army's theme. Modelswise, I can go for any formation really (shooty elites/horde, fast, motorized CC/footslogging CC elites/horde, etc.). I guess I'll go for what I did with the Dark Elves: I'll paint up everything any mix and match, starting with units I most likely will use.

Which means that I should start with lots of boys or at least two mobs to cover the troops choices, right? In my current list idea (which mainly is built up on using different funstuffz), I have planned having two big mobs of shoota boys (one mob of Goffs and one mob of Blood Axes) along with a trukk-mounted mob of slugga boys (Evil Sunz). Do you think I should go for Goffs as the main part of the boys and turn the mobs of Evil Suns and Blood Axes into Goff Orks as well?

Oh, and if anyone of you has some suggestions concerning the design of the bases, let me know.

Wha? How long has this been here?

Sigur, the Orks are looking great as usual. I love the blended faces - really bring that touch of "whoa" to the model!

- Huw
    I have a blog! leftsideofliberal.blogspot.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathan View Post
    I for one, welcome our new penguin overlords.

@Huw_Dawson: Welcome to this log and, no, it hasn't been around for long. And you know how the Sci-Fi Logs section is; people reply often, there are many active logs around and at least three new ones each day; in short - this log is on page #3 before you can name three Primarchs.

Tiny Update: The first nine Boarboys are finished (no bases or banners yet). The fact that GW offers boar bitz packs now somehow made the idea of another Boarboys mob (another 7 or 8 boys) quite attractive. I have the riders but so far lacked the boars.

Apart form that, I assembled and primed 16 Goff Shootaboyz and 15 Blood Axe Kommandos today which is more or less a preparation for the Tale of 40k painters. The next things on my to-do list are:

.) Convert another special weapons boy for the Kommandos.
    .) Maybe convert the Kommandos Nob to wield a Powerklaw.
    .) Assemble two heavy weapons boys for the Goff Shootaboys.
    .) Find a Goff Nob miniature. Unfortunately I have no suitable miniature yet. A Skarboy miniature or real Goff Nob miniature would be perfect but I could also use a power-armoured Nob or an Evil Sunz Nob miniature. Another possibility would be using a plastic Goff boy (RT-era) and give him a Power Klaw but he would look a little puny.

Well, I'll see what I'll do. Pictures will follow a little later; my digicam's low on power at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by sigur View Post
    Thanks for the offering, Catferret. I'll look around for GW bases for a bit but if I can't find any, I will thankfully get back to your offering. The thing is that those meganobs of course are smaller than the current ones. Putting them onto bases which are less high than the GW ones won't help making them any more menancing.
    Silly squirrel. Make scenic bases!

If you need them just drop me a PM and I'll send them over.

Quote Originally Posted by Catferret View Post
    Silly squirrel. Make scenic bases!
    You mean like glueing a Space Marine helmet to the base before applying GW Green Flock™ and painting the base Goblin Green™?

Quote Originally Posted by sigur View Post
    You mean like glueing a Space Marine helmet to the base before applying GW Green Flock™ and painting the base Goblin Green™?
    My secretz is out! How are I gunna do yooneek basus now?

I know! I shall drill a hole in the helmet and say the marine was shot. Huzzah!

Kool orks, I love the old school versions of the 'clans'... have you got any of the Stormboyz? Now those were the best Stormboyz ever!

Your Valhallans look great as well.

sj

Cheers!

@Catferret: You, Sir, are innovation incarnate. Why haven't I ever thought of a thing as great as a hole drilled in a SM helmet?!:cries:

@MF3000: Thanks. In fact, I have 5 Stormboys. Sadly, they have no jump packs so they presumably will become part of a Blood Axes mob.

Alright, here are some new photos. First, the main part of the first troops choice - a mob of Goff Shootaboyz (Nob and heavy weapons to be added later):

"Nob Snikstud's Dirty 'Ord" - Blood Axe Kommandos

Just primed and the skin basecoated.

An interesting thing happened when I primed all the miniatures: The primer became all grey (quite bright) when it dried on the minaitures. It's really amazing how every single spraycan GW sells has it's own, quirky character.

Those old faces have so much character. I miss the old days.

I love the converted Eavy Shoota Kommando. The pose looks great. He looks suitably "Special Forces".

I'm currently painting the other old apothecary model with the bare head, yours blows mine clear out of the water ! might have to go back and re-do a couple of things now !

Loving the orks- brings back a few memories. The start of another great log Sigur- splendid work.
    My random painting log- Dwarfs, Nids and VC - updated with Kharadrons! 01/05/17
    http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142003

wow good looking oldies there! those boarboyz look amazing, i've always loved the idea behind them and you are my new favorite person for actually making a mob!
    Quote Originally Posted by tcraigen View Post
    The Emperor Comandeth that I shall Pimp his Crew.

I love the idea of boar-riding space orks. The painting is very clean and I quite like the reds.

Page 3 of 171 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast