Page 1 of 120 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Formula One Debauchery and Craziness (and love of sport)

Chaplain

Formula One Debauchery and Craziness (and love of sport)

Anyone an F1 fan?

Well, I've been since it was on ESPN from years ago, but I still enjoy it.

Though the likeness of Jean Alesi for me will be missed (mesmerized by his driving style) for me as my favorite driver, and don't really have anyone to peanut gallery for,

History was set yesterday. A Pole was on Pole Position for the first time ever. I'll have to re-watch the Bahrain GP, but it looked exciting.

F1rejects-dot-com is a pretty good site. Anyone agree that this may be another fiasco of the 2007 season? Let's hope not.

In short, some context from the writers of that site-

1) 2007 showed two extremely ugly sides of two-time champion Fernando Alonso (Spanish) and star rookie Lewis Hamilton (English).

In essence, it showed the vanity and "I'm no team player" of Alonso, and the degenerative and mean behavior of Hamilton, some even caught on camera. The site writers (who are Australian) commented something like, "It seemed, at times, as if Hamilton's only fan-base and support were British fans, more out of patriotism/nationalism for the UK and being unable to see his actual, terrible, immature behavior."

I sincerely hope that this is not another 2007. Where, thankfully, a young Finn named Kimi Raikonnen pipped both Alonso and Hamilton, amid their extreme bickering, which degenerated McLaren's fighting chances to win the championship. Also as a result, McLaren's constructor's results were excluded for being caught cheating (I think illegal possession of Ferrari team telemetric data.)

This reminds me of Benetton in 1994 with the ignore-the-black-flag at Silverstone, the fuel-filter malfunction fire at Hockenheim that could have killed Jos Verstappen, and the black-box/launch-control device illegally installed in the car, where the championship was, IMO, wrongfully decided amid rule disputes (where Williams *was* playing fair and Senna's death was due to a non-purposeful fault in the FW16's engineering) and Schumacher deliberately crashing into Damon Hill's Williams after he hit the wall in a pure driver error in Adelaide was unscrupulous.

Though by no doubt talented, I also lost what little respect I had for Schumi after his conduct on the podium at 1994 San Marino (which can be seen on YouTube), amid Senna's death (where you can tell that Nicola Larini knows of what happened, and that Berger, being a personal friend of Senna's, withdrew in the middle of the race out of sportsmanship upon hearing such dreadful news. That race should have been cancelled anyway, after Roland Ratzenberger's death in practice.)

He tried that again against Jacques Villenuve later, and (thankfully) failed miserably, and was even excluded from that season's results.

All in all, I hope that the year is entertaining. It seems promising early on based on the results, despite the fact of the Max Mosley's sex scandal (prostitution, I think...) and that Bernie Eckelstone wants a night race. (??)

Ferrari looks extremely strong again, with good finishes, and a potential 1-2 earlier, though Massa threw that away with a driver-error into the kitty litter (my favorite team- though the peanut gallerying for Schumacher was never done, my least favorite driver was driving for my favorite team,) and I like both Raikonnen (very quiet spoken) and Massa (also seems to not talk much). McLaren looks competitive, and BMW-Sauber looks like a surge for the year to come, with not only impressive results, but high qualifying performances.

And to think, that Heidfeld was at once on Prost (aka Peugeot, aka Ligier) and was Alesi's teammate. Man, how times change.

In closing, I enjoy the removal of the driver aids and traction control. Finally, on the in-car camera shots, the drivers look like they are having steering issues and challenges. It looks like the 90s again, which were great years.

If you want to see what I mean by "steering challenges" and just challenge in general, YouTube in the search engine- "Nigel Mansell Onboard Monaco" (1991 race) and watch the video, courtesy of F1Archives. That is *serious* wheelspin at the start and you can clearly see his struggles to control the car. That, and the camera shaking. Absolutely stellar.

I honestly think that if you put drivers such as Alesi, Berger, Mansell, Prost, etc. Paul Belmondo, and Olivier Grouillard (those last two ones were a joke - though by no means disrespect- getting into F1 if you don't have the $$$ signs is a MAJOR accomplishment in itself,) in their primes and in the cars of today, that they would eat the younger competition alive.

"The boot is on the other Schumacher!" -I heard Murray Walker do this in a YouTube video. What the *hell* did that guy say at times? Some of those lines are akin to "Bush"isms ("Neither in French, nor in English, nor in Mexican." -refusing to answer press reporters' questions in a photo with the Canadian Prime Minister, April, 2001 -one example, which was obtained from my "Countdown to Out of Office 2009" calendar), where you wonder what was being said.

The best was his reaction (can be written as "ORRRRAAAAUGGGHHHH!!!!!") when Coulthard crashed into the pit wall in Adelade, 1995. D.C said there was a lot of oil on the track (in the pit lane entrance? That's like a fire underwater), but I don't think anyone bought that story.

Anyway, to close, it looks promising. But there are still those doubts I have over 2007, which was NOT a fun season to watch. Thoughts?
    Last edited by Captain Jeffrey; 07-04-2008 at 02:59.
    Nothing beats hardship like standing in spandex around a flaming burn barrel in 25 degree weather when it's raining for your Spring Break!

Re: Formula One Debauchery and Craziness (and love of sport)

I actually found 2007 a lot of fun to watch, the title race was closer than it had been for years, and the actual racing for the most part was more competitive as well.

F1 has always been full of social misfits stabbing each other in the back (see Senna and just about anybody else for a start), last year was no exception and I doubt this year will be any different.

The punishment of McClaren last season was, despite them being in the wrong, completely over the top and more about Ferrari and Mosley getting in as many kicks as possible while McClaren were on the floor. This is underlined by the zero amount of punishment metered out to Renault despite being caught in exactly the same situation. Granted Renault didn't have as much data but I'd have expected a smaller fine and a loss of construction championship points yet they get away with a girly slap on the wrist.

I also have a sneaking suspicion that Mosley was recently set up by a team, I wonder which team would have the motivation to do such a thing? How ironic that Mosley's legal defence is the exact same as McClaren's, yet he ruled it as an invalid one when it came under his judgement. Note that he is going down the route of saying that the evidence against him was obtained illegally not that he didn't do it...

Chaplain

Yeah, that does remind me. Not sure if you've been to their page, but "Senna/Prost" is #1 for "Punch and Judy" (or something) awards.

"Teammate rivalries that got totally out of hand."

I think they were-

3- Carlos Reutemann/Alan Jones ("Carlos can't stand to hear something. Possibly, perhaps, the whining of Alan Jones?" When Carlos later offered to 'bury the hatchet', Jones responded- 'Yeah. In your back.')
    2- Nigel Mansell/Nelson Piquet ("The idea that when you are teammates and you both finish on the podium, is that you spray the baubly AT EACH OTHER. Not so if you're Mansell and Piquet.")
    1- Ayrton Senna/Alain Prost ("Also infamously dubbed "World War Three" ".)

The pic for #1 is of their ever-famous collision at The Triangle in Suzuka, 1989-

"The only good thing Ron Dennis said he could see out of this blatant display of idiocy and immaturity by both of his drivers was, that, either way, one of them was going to be the world champion."

Some of the "Reject Centrale Driver Profiles" are funny. Some are depressing (some drivers deserved better shots, and the interview with Eric Van De Poele about his Lambo drive where he was in 5th at Imola and his engine broke 100 yards from the finish line was sad- you felt for him.) - "An F1 career at Monza that lasted ONE corner, thanks to J.J Lehto." "As Monza is known for traditional first-corner shenanigans." -one of the funnier ones.

"Jean Max" - a local entrant whose name the stewards couldn't even get right!! (real name- Max Jean.)

Michael Andretti is #1 for "You Lucky *******" category. ("Drivers that SHOULD have a profile, but don't, because they exceed the site requirements."

"What Mirrors???" was also good- "Unscrupulous Drivers who are either inattentive, or have bad manners when being lapped" - Olivier Grouillard, Phillippe Alliot, Andrea DeCesaris.

Olivier Grouillard- "Mansell's nemesis was F1's Enfant Terrible."

Anyway, hope those may be entertaining reads.
    Nothing beats hardship like standing in spandex around a flaming burn barrel in 25 degree weather when it's raining for your Spring Break!

I'm an F1 fan, and have been watching since 1995, but I have gone into the history, and read race reports from the 1980s and early 1990s as well.

F1 Rejects is a good site, I agree.

Could I make a request that we don't talk about Max Mosley? I'm not sure that it's really within the rules of Warseer to go into discussion about this matter, and while I'm not a moderator, I don't want them to have to close the thread.

Besides, the racing should be the focus, and it's certainly been rather a strange start to 2008.

The first race in Melbourne was fantastic, plenty of action, lots of mistakes, and drama from start to finish. To say that the subsequent races have been something of a damp squib by comparison is perhaps an understatement. Mind you, I always tend to get bored when Ferrari are winning! This is mainly because Kimi Raikkonen sends me to sleep in interviews , and because whenever they are leading, you just know that they will win, they always end up leading by miles, and nothing unexpected ever happens.

Alonso and Hamilton both showed a worrying lack of maturity last year, but I haven't seen much sign of a war of words yet this year. I was particularly disappointed in some of Alonso's reactions, since I am a fan of his. I'm not sure what happened yesterday, but my suspicion is that Alonso wasn't accelerating as much as he could have been.

I don't think that we are in for a repeat of 2007, except that Ferrari will probably win again, much to my chagrin, but I was pleased to see BMW Sauber get pole. It's a pleasant change to see a third team mixing it at the top of the grid.

It must be said that I am more of a follower of the back of Formula One grids. I was a Minardi fan for years I still miss them. That team had more character than any of the manufacturers will ever have. I would love F1 to return to the days where teams were run by proper team bosses, who wern't just representatives of some global car manufacturer, and the manufacturers just supplied the engines. I know it will never happen, but it costs nothing to dream . I sorely miss the independent teams of the past. Anyone else like to see the return of the indpendents, no matter how unlikely this would be?

Olivier Grouillard eh...There's a blast from the past. He wasn't all that bad, but his track manners left a lot to be desired. You have to remember he did qualify the Osella (another of my favourite teams) in eighth place at Phoenix in 1990, and although there were a variety of other factors at play here, (Martini was second on the grid for Minardi, and De Cesaris third for Scuderia Italia - it was a strange qualifying session to say the least), eighth was the highest grid position Osella ever achieved.

A couple of my favourite drivers from the back of the grid are Piercarlo Ghinzani and Luca Badoer. The former has the worst points to starts ratio of those who have scored points in F1, while the latter holds the record for the most starts for no points (should have scored at the Nurburgring in 1999, but that's another story altogether).

Those are my thoughts on F1 for the moment. I'll look forward to reading those of others.
    Visit 40K Online for all your 40K needs.

Soņando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente.

Chapter Master theunwantedbeing's Avatar

I liked it when the commentators could correctly say what car we were currently looking at and werent utterly biased towards 1 driver.
    Plan B kill it with fire
    Meat is Murder tasty, tasty murder
    Quote Originally Posted by RanaldLoec View Post
    I would have to agree with The Unwantedbeing as he is a paragon of sense and reason in an unreasonable environment.

I personally found the antics of Max Mosely far for interesting than F1.

I mean, the utter stupidity of the son of the BUF leader Oswald Mosely having a Nazi based masochistic orgy on camera defies belief.

- Huw
    I have a blog! leftsideofliberal.blogspot.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathan View Post
    I for one, welcome our new penguin overlords.

People often say to me : "why you watching the F1 its soo boring !!!"

If it weren't for the Debauchery and Craziness they would probabley be right. sure the racing is Fun ! but its the political backstabbing and racing rivalry that keeps me coming back for more ! I love it. So i hope its another year like 2007 !!

I liked it when the commentators could correctly say what car we were currently looking at and werent utterly biased towards 1 driver.
    QFT.

Quote Originally Posted by theunwantedbeing View Post
    Ok, you've not really watched it all that long, have you?
    Where's the kaboom?

Chapter Master theunwantedbeing's Avatar

Only about 13 years, I just find the current hamilton fanyboyism a touch irritating.
    Plan B kill it with fire
    Meat is Murder tasty, tasty murder
    Quote Originally Posted by RanaldLoec View Post
    I would have to agree with The Unwantedbeing as he is a paragon of sense and reason in an unreasonable environment.

Chaplain

I think what theunwantedbeing means is that some of the announcers at times are kind of biased.

I don't get UK television here in America, but F1rejects has some articles about "unpartisan UK announcers", in some things that Murray Walker and others would plug for Damon Hill, Nigel Mansell, Lewis Hamilton, etcetera.

One of the instances is a YouTube video of Monza 1993 where Christian Fittipaldi goes airborne in his Minardi after he hits his teammate (I think Gianni Morbidelli) in the rear tire and it launches him in at least one full 360, and yet Murray Walker was more busy commenting about Damon Hill.

Of course, he changed when the camera shots changed, but it was a little late, much later than what other announcers react to (for instance, Bob Varsha and Derek Daly, probably my favorite pair, from ESPN's coverage days, had a "HOLY SH-!" reaction if stuff like that happened.)

The current team we get on SPEED (aka Speed Channel) is Bob Varsha (a long time American motor sports commentator), and three UK guys, Steve Matchett, David Hobbs, and a pit commentator whose name currently escapes me.

It's a pretty decent team, but the bearded UK guy's commentary at times is a little wonky or annoying. Wish they'd bring back Derek Daly. He was a good announcer and had a good deal of actual F1 experience. Derek Bell (even at one point an old time Ferrari driver) was also pretty good.

He subbed for Daly on ESPN at times, and for some reason, was always the commentator with Varsha for Monza for several years. ("When we took a walk around the track, most of the older corner workers *remembered you*.") ("Yes, indeed, I was a Ferrari driver.")

Finally I can really go for Ferrari again because there isn't a driver driving for it that I absolutely despised (Schumacher, who I often call a cheater because of 1994, unscrupulous, and often unsportsmanlike and got away with many rule infractions- several instances where Juan Pablo Montoya for some reason was penalized and he wasn't.)

Schumi probably is all those because Johnny Herbert, one point his teammate, couldn't stand him. He went public about it somewhat to ESPN in the 1995 season when he voiced his displeasure that there were "team debriefs with both drivers" and "team debriefs with Schumacher alone."

Derek Bell (Monza, 1995) (footage of Herbert and Schumi playing a rec game of ping pong)- "Here are the two Benetton drivers... well, playing ping-pong. I thought they didn't talk to each other."

"Both Alesi and Berger didn't stay at Ferrari."

Derek Bell- "I think neither of them wanted to be Schumacher's teammate." (mutual laughter)

Chapter Master Russell's teapot's Avatar

If the commentators weren't biased, how boring would that be? I like getting caught up in the commentators excitement, and so do many others - that's why Murray was such a legend, he couldn't tell a F1 car from his elbow, but by god he loved it!

American sports that I've watched (wresling aside, it it even a sport? - wrong thread, ignore me) don't have such partisan commentry, mostly because it's only americans in it. The commentry is just dull - that's partly why I find american sport so boring to watch. Whereas Canadian Ice Hockey was awesome with the commentators waiting for the next punch-up & getting excited about it!

I suppose I'd rather listen to people who like what they are seeing, rather than someone who knows the ins & outs of every technical rule (if I like the sport I'll look it up myself - yay wiki). How many times have you been watching F1 to hear Brundle say "Sato's out", while you scream at the telly that it's his team-mate you blind baffoon - that's fun, I like that (even when I'm wrnog).

ITVs commentry has been good over the last couple of years - Brundle getting more bitchy & partisan, with James Allen giving the dull bits that are necessary at times. I hope that the new BBC team are as good.
    Don't confuse toy soldiers and real life.

Quote Originally Posted by theunwantedbeing View Post
    Only about 13 years, I just find the current hamilton fanyboyism a touch irritating.
    Then you should recall the Damon Hill days (just) - hardly impartial then. If there's any more appreciation of Lewis Hamilton, it's because he's a far better driver.

Impartial commentary is fine by me, as long as it's not embarassingly jingoistic (cf. Sky and ITV football commentary). I don't find the F1 commentary to be that.
    Where's the kaboom?

Quote Originally Posted by Huw_Dawson View Post
    I personally found the antics of Max Mosely far for interesting than F1.

I mean, the utter stupidity of the son of the BUF leader Oswald Mosely having a Nazi based masochistic orgy on camera defies belief.

- Huw
    Well to be fair, if my Dad was the leader of the British Union of Fascists at the time of the Second World War I'd probably have some serious issues to work through myself (though I'd like to think I'd have more sense than to be filmed doing it).

Quote Originally Posted by Russell's teapot View Post
    I suppose I'd rather listen to people who like what they are seeing, rather than someone who knows the ins & outs of every technical rule (if I like the sport I'll look it up myself - yay wiki). How many times have you been watching F1 to hear Brundle say "Sato's out", while you scream at the telly that it's his team-mate you blind baffoon - that's fun, I like that (even when I'm wrnog).
    Good point, i feel the same.

I appreciate that Lewis is a good driver, but that doesnt mean i have to like him. Im probabley jealous of his success (Who wouldn't be ?) I guess as an Englishman im used to rooting for the underdog. Thats why i was pleased to see Raikonnen take the championship and will be cheering for him this year.

It's a sorry state of affairs when you won't support 'our man' just because he's too good! No wonder we don't win many things.
    Where's the kaboom?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jeffrey View Post
    .One of the instances is a YouTube video of Monza 1993 where Christian Fittipaldi goes airborne in his Minardi after he hits his teammate (I think Gianni Morbidelli) in the rear tire and it launches him in at least one full 360, and yet Murray Walker was more busy commenting about Damon Hill.
    There is wonderful picture of that incident in the 1993 edition of Autocourse. It was Pierluigi Martini who Fittipaldi hit though, just to clarify. They still finished seventh and eighth though

To add to the discussion a bit, I thought I might offer my own top ten Formula One moments in no particular order. (Captain Jeffrey, please tell me if I've overstepped the mark, since I don't want to take this thread off in a direction that you don't want it to go in).

1.Nigel Mansell's left rear tyre exploding at Adelaide in 1986, ending his championship hopes. I didn't see this live, but I have seen numerous clips of it since. The race seemed filled with a drama and tension all the way through, and I wish I had seen it live.

2.Damon Hill finally clinching the championship in 1996. I did see this one, and I felt he really deserved it. I have enormous respect for Hill, and it was a very emotional moment when he won the title and his last race for Williams.

3.Belgian Grand Prix, 1998: What didn't happen. A thirteen car accident in appalling weather conditions on lap one led to a red flag, and a delay of nearly an hour before the restart. Schumacher's Ferrari collided with Coulthard's McLaren while lapping it, and then confronted Coulthard in the pits and accused the Scot of trying to kill him! Hill then led a Jordan 1-2, for their first ever win. Fisichella's Benetton crashing over the top of Shinji Nakano's Minardi, and powerboating to a halt with no wheels in the rain. It was dramatic stuff!

4.Luca Badoer losing fourth place in his Minardi at Nurburgring 1999 due a gearbox failure. He was gutted, and so was I.

5.Jean Alesi's one and only win for Ferrari in 1995 at the Canadian Grand Prix. Perhaps the most emotional victory I've ever seen on TV.

6.Monaco 1996. Another one of those races where everything happened. Only four cars were still running at the end, and Olvier Panis scored his only win, and Ligier's last ever victory from 14th on the grid. Schumacher also crashed on lap 1! Isn't it amazing what a bit of rain can do?

7.Juan Pablo Montoya and Michael Schumacher crashing into each other in the tunnel at Monaco in 2004. That was just so funny!

8.Piercarlo Ghinzani taking fifth place for Osella in 1984 at Dallas. Another one I didn't see, but I wish I had.

9.Donington 1993, and Senna's amazing opening lap. The pictures and video clips only tell half the story. What an incredible race (and Minardi scored a point too )

10.Mika Hakkinen's last ever victory at the US Grand Prix in 2001. I had respect for Hakkinen, and I was really pleased that he went out on a high after a somewhat indifferent final season. It was also Murray Walker's last ever TV commentary.

Anyone else have any top F1 moments?

Soņando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente.

Chaplain

I'm pretty sure it was Fittipaldi who hit Martini (though, yes, after re-watching the video, they did both cross the finish line.)

Apparently the "race ends" (when you cross the line) as soon as the winner (which was Hill) finishes.

Hope I'm not breaking any Warseer rules, but, here's the link to the video, from YouTube (on topic- "Christian Fittipaldi flips @ Monza in 1993.")

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPTtT...eature=related

I know Murray got car #'s wrong at times, but I think he was spot on this time, as the helmet's yellow, and Christian had quite a "Senna-esque" helmet design (yellow with green "rain" drops at the top, something like that that's tear shaped).

I've heard some funny stories about Martin Brundle's announcing, also (aka "The Man Who Holds An F1 Record- Most Number of Driver Points without a Win"- would be Alesi, but thankfully, he won Canada, 1995. Having that record is one of those "embarrassing" but also "impressive" records to have at the same time.)

I also meant "unblinkingly partisan UK" announcing in the previous post, also. I haven't seen American Pro-Wrestling WWE in awhile, but the announcers Jim Ross and Jerry "The King" Lawler are partisan, for deliberate hilarity- Ross tends to like the "good guys", gets riled when "heels" ("bad guys") cheat/use weapons/interfere in other matches, and Lawler tends to have a "what? I didn't see anything!"/"quit your whining, JR" viewpoint, which makes it hysterical. Anyway, about Brundle-

He was a commentator at times for ESPN2 back in the 1996 season, or something, and I remember him flipping out when Mark Blundell crashed out, being hit by some other driver who was clearly not British.

I think 1995 was Brundle's last year (IIRC spent at Ligier), so, IIRC it was 1996 when Mark Blundell got the McLaren drive for a year, and got hit by someone in a race. They got Blundell to comment for a bit later, also, and he tended to be more reserved and unpartisan, probably because he did not have a very successful career.

I can't think of too many moments, but, well, if you want my 10-

1- Alesi's win at 1995 in Montreal.
    2- Alesi's 2nd place at Nurburgring in 1995, I cried, I thought he had it.
    3- Alesi's pole position/almost wins at Monza 1994 (pole) and 1995, where he would have won those had the car not let him down, or the 96 or 97 race where his Benetton pit crew, in a rare mistake, let him down, and cost him the race to David Coulthard.
    4- Mansell's explosive 1986 rear tire incident. I didn't watch the race in 1986 (I was 5), but I have the "moment" on tape in Adelaide's 1994 coverage, where Prost went from 3rd to 1st and won the championship.
    5- Alesi's last U.S GP- I was there and he waved at me. I was one of the only Jean fans in the crowd.
    6- Schumacher/Hill incident in 1994 at Adelaide.
    7- Schumacher/Villenuve incident in the last race in 1997.
    8- Mansell's 2+ second gap pole position at Silverstone in 1992, where he broke the course record.
    9- Senna/Prost crash incidents in Suzuka in 1989 and 1990. Though both showed highly unsportsmanlike conduct and animosity, they were excellent, unforgetable moments.
    10- Schumacher/Coulthard fight at 1998 Belgian GP, where, something, yes, like 13 cars dropped immediately out of the race at that massive Eau Rouge pile-up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bombot View Post
    It's a sorry state of affairs when you won't support 'our man' just because he's too good! No wonder we don't win many things.
    That logic makes no sense.

Your obviously please with Hamiltons acheivements. Il respect him a bit more when he grows up a bit perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jeffrey View Post
    I'm pretty sure it was Fittipaldi who hit Martini (though, yes, after re-watching the video, they did both cross the finish line.)
    Yes, you're right. That's what I meant to say, but I just put the names the wrong way around. Thanks for the correction.

Apparently the "race ends" (when you cross the line) as soon as the winner (which was Hill) finishes.
    If you've been lapped you finish as soon as you cross the line after the winner.

Anyway, about Brundle-

He was a commentator at times for ESPN2 back in the 1996 season, or something, and I remember him flipping out when Mark Blundell crashed out, being hit by some other driver who was clearly not British.

I think 1995 was Brundle's last year (IIRC spent at Ligier), so, IIRC it was 1996 when Mark Blundell got the McLaren drive for a year, and got hit by someone in a race. They got Blundell to comment for a bit later, also, and he tended to be more reserved and unpartisan, probably because he did not have a very successful career.
    Are you sure you've got that right? It's just that Martin Brundle was driving for Jordan in 1996, and Mark Blundell was driving for McLaren in 1995 (after Mansell quit). Martin did drive for Ligier in 1995, and remember that he and Mark had a collision in Adelaide that year, although I don't think that's quite what you are referring to.

Martin Brundle did do some commentary in 1995 though for the BBC, as he didn't drive for Ligier in all the races.

I can't think of too many moments, but, well, if you want my 10-

5- Alesi's last U.S GP- I was there and he waved at me. I was one of the only Jean fans in the crowd.
    That's a great moment!

10- Schumacher/Coulthard fight at 1998 Belgian GP, where, something, yes, like 13 cars dropped immediately out of the race at that massive Eau Rouge pile-up.
    Yeah, this is the one I referred to earlier on. Eighteen drivers took the re-start after the first start was red flagged.

Lurking in the dark... in the void between worlds....

I'm moving this thread to Groups & Factions

Wintermute
    Quote Originally Posted by philbrad
    As ever WINTERMUTE speaks the truth

Page 1 of 120 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast