Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: The Size of a Predator Medium tank

  1. #1

    The Size of a Predator Medium tank

    Hello all, it's been a while, and in the interim I have taken up mapping for Half life 2.

    My question is this: What are the proportions for a Space Marine Predator Medium tank?

    I need Height, Width, and Depth, obviously, as well as some sort of estimate of the interior.

    I ask because I plan to make a BBV (Brush Based Vehicle- essentially a vehicle that you can drive and have not seated passengers in) out of one, for a 40kish style siege map.

    Also crew capacity would be of great help too.

  2. #2

    Re: The Size of a Predator Medium tank

    3 crew if I recall correctly. There's a pic in the marine dex of it next to a marine. From that you get height, and then you're just a ruler away from all the dimensions you need.

  3. #3

    Re: The Size of a Predator Medium tank

    hmm, there was a poster that came with the WD issue talking about preds when they first came out...had cross-section and stats on it, might have dimensions.

    [goes scrounging for it]...
    My Life at War Leave home. Join the 1st Investment Recovery Battalion. Fight for prosperity. Fight for property. Fight for profit! A webcomic of mech vs mecha goodness, now only 7% nsfw.

  4. #4

    Re: The Size of a Predator Medium tank

    Well thank you very much you your help so far, I don't have a codex, so I'm still in the dark for that scale..

    Would be much appreciated if you could find it in the WD.

  5. #5

    Re: The Size of a Predator Medium tank

    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel_Ruined View Post
    3 crew if I recall correctly. There's a pic in the marine dex of it next to a marine. From that you get height, and then you're just a ruler away from all the dimensions you need.
    Oh and about the 3 crew: You sure it's not 4?

    One driver, two manning the heavy bolters, and one the main turret?

    Or does the driver control the main gun?

  6. #6

    Re: The Size of a Predator Medium tank

    huzzah! found it...

    H= 4.4 including turret
    W= 6.6 m
    hull width= 5.9 m
    weight unladen= 39-44 tonnes; unladen 42-46 tonnes
    road speed= 68 kph
    cross-country speed= 50 kph
    crew= 2: commander/ gunner and driver
    passenger capacity=0
    ground clearance= .44m
    max gradient climb=65%
    ground pressure 10-8-12.2 psi
    fording depth 1.2 m
    trench crossing 4 m
    verticle obstacle 1.2m

    it has other things like armor thickness, power plant output and weapons sytems too
    My Life at War Leave home. Join the 1st Investment Recovery Battalion. Fight for prosperity. Fight for property. Fight for profit! A webcomic of mech vs mecha goodness, now only 7% nsfw.

  7. #7

    Re: The Size of a Predator Medium tank

    THANK YOU!

    I will get working on it as soon as I get my studies done.

    1m = 3 feet right? man I feel dumb

    Also, I was wondering: is there a dual auto cannon configuration?, or is it only single?


    oh, could you put in armor thickness please?
    Last edited by RedStompa; 05-05-2008 at 01:31. Reason: armor thickness

  8. #8

    Re: The Size of a Predator Medium tank

    it's a bit more than 3 feet:
    http://www.sciencemadesimple.com/length_conversion.php

    here's an easier converter

    edit:
    configurations listed:
    TL-lascannon or assault cannon
    or singular autocannon

    sponsons:
    heavy bolter
    lascannon
    heavy flamer

    pintle mounted a/o auxiliary weps:hunter killer missile; storm bolter

    other inofs:
    armor thickness:
    front 65mm
    sides 55mm
    rear 50mm

    power plant:
    output= 2800 bhp
    engine type= adaptable thermic combustion (4 independent units)

    turret info:
    360's fring arc
    elevation +28's
    depression -15's
    turret traverse speed= 80's per second

    sponsons:
    180's fire arc
    elev +18's
    depres -18's

    lascannon barrel 1k firing before replacement
    heavy bolters: stanard payload 1100 rounds

    man i wish GW would release posters like this agian. now i wish i knew where my land raider one was
    Last edited by PondaNagura; 05-05-2008 at 01:56.
    My Life at War Leave home. Join the 1st Investment Recovery Battalion. Fight for prosperity. Fight for property. Fight for profit! A webcomic of mech vs mecha goodness, now only 7% nsfw.

  9. #9

    Re: The Size of a Predator Medium tank

    Well thanks for posting this!

    look in these forums withing the next month and ill post my progress.

  10. #10
    Chapter Master pookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Leeds - Sunny Seacroft
    Posts
    4,294

    Re: The Size of a Predator Medium tank

    the Pred does have a transport capacity of 3 marines, or at least it used to ( although it never was a ingame option ).
    Wanted: MK6 SM Legs (legs with no Knee Pads) and MKV studded Shoulder Pads. PM Me please.....
    Quote Originally Posted by marv335 View Post
    I went to Australia last year with work.
    The Immigration officer asked me if I had a criminal record.
    I didn't realise I still needed one.
    would like C+C on my homebrew chapter the The Wolves of Dorn - http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=200505

  11. #11
    Chaplain
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Diss, Norfolk
    Posts
    283

    Re: The Size of a Predator Medium tank

    Quote Originally Posted by pookie View Post
    The Predator does have a transport capacity of 3 marines, or at least it used to (although it never was a in-game option).
    Actually, it was originally an option in the rules, iirc it was in fact not even an option. The original rules for the Predator tank, in one of the early White Dwarf magazines (around the 110 issues), and presumably therefore also in one of the rulebooks, gave it a transport capacity of 5.

    Later on it lost the transport capacity, presumably because some designer(s) felt it was inappropriate, and the Razorback was eventually created (iirc, published in one of the 170 issues of White Dwarf) to fulfill a similar role.

    Adrian

  12. #12
    Chapter Master pookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Leeds - Sunny Seacroft
    Posts
    4,294

    Re: The Size of a Predator Medium tank

    Quote Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post
    Actually, it was originally an option in the rules, iirc it was in fact not even an option. The original rules for the Predator tank, in one of the early White Dwarf magazines (around the 110 issues), and presumably therefore also in one of the rulebooks, gave it a transport capacity of 5.

    Later on it lost the transport capacity, presumably because some designer(s) felt it was inappropriate, and the Razorback was eventually created (iirc, published in one of the 170 issues of White Dwarf) to fulfill a similar role.

    Adrian
    im fairly sure it was three, and theorised that it was actially a command Vehicle or transport for a Techmarine, the source for this escapes me at the mo.
    Wanted: MK6 SM Legs (legs with no Knee Pads) and MKV studded Shoulder Pads. PM Me please.....
    Quote Originally Posted by marv335 View Post
    I went to Australia last year with work.
    The Immigration officer asked me if I had a criminal record.
    I didn't realise I still needed one.
    would like C+C on my homebrew chapter the The Wolves of Dorn - http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=200505

  13. #13

    Re: The Size of a Predator Medium tank

    Codex: Uber Freaks (Space Marines ) states that the Predator has only 2 crew, presumably 1 driver and one commander/gunner. I expect that the borderline AI used by SM vehicles allows this to work, as the gunner doesn't have to aim and fire all of the weapons at once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nocculum View Post
    Burnthem. Winning the internet since 2005 .

  14. #14
    Chapter Master
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,348

    Re: The Size of a Predator Medium tank

    Quote Originally Posted by pookie View Post
    im fairly sure it was three, and theorised that it was actially a command Vehicle or transport for a Techmarine, the source for this escapes me at the mo.
    Definitely 5 when it first appeared. Got access to one of the Rogue trader compilation books, which has stats for the Predator, and it had a crew capacity of 5, though this was when it was an Imperial Guard tank, which happened to also be used by the SM. Maybe when they took it away they reduced it to justify not allowing people to use it, as very little comes in units of 3?

  15. #15
    Chapter Master pookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Leeds - Sunny Seacroft
    Posts
    4,294

    Re: The Size of a Predator Medium tank

    Quote Originally Posted by borithan View Post
    Definitely 5 when it first appeared. Got access to one of the Rogue trader compilation books, which has stats for the Predator, and it had a crew capacity of 5, though this was when it was an Imperial Guard tank, which happened to also be used by the SM. Maybe when they took it away they reduced it to justify not allowing people to use it, as very little comes in units of 3?
    its not RT info that ive read it in, maybe the pred IA, which is much newer.

    also i agree about the capacity of 3, but i seem to remeber that this was also questioned in the IA about who could it possible have transported, hence comment about it being a command tank or techmarine transport. i'l have to dig through my Wd's tonight and see if i can find it.
    Wanted: MK6 SM Legs (legs with no Knee Pads) and MKV studded Shoulder Pads. PM Me please.....
    Quote Originally Posted by marv335 View Post
    I went to Australia last year with work.
    The Immigration officer asked me if I had a criminal record.
    I didn't realise I still needed one.
    would like C+C on my homebrew chapter the The Wolves of Dorn - http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=200505

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •