Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Silverstu's bag of stuff-it's my bag baby!

Re: Silverstu's bag of stuff-it's my bag baby!

Looking good, like the bone colour on your nids. Any chance for a tutorial on that? I also like the natural colours on your dwarf, makes him appear more... real

And I share your sentiment on the axe elf champion, I can really imagine those three standing on the shore, the body of a fisherman behind them and the dark ship being unloaded behind the body as the champion draws in the salted breeze, "Fresh lands my friend, fresh lands"
    . . .
    . . .
    Damnit, now I have to start a DE army AGAIN! I've got enough work already!
    Fleets of steampunk airships need playtesting; Above the Seven Seas andSteamflight Games - the, now official, website of Above the Seven Seas
    Cross of Roses ANOTHER system? You ask... yes, I am that mad, thisone will be skirmish-sized

The Dark Fae, my Warriors of Chaos army with a different theme than normal. Updated 28/2 09

Quote Originally Posted by OnnO View Post
    Nice work on them Nids!

Could you give a rundown of how you paint them?
    Thanks- I'll post a little tutorial on sunday night/monday morning with a bit of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Czechsensation View Post
    Looking forward to seeing those Dark Elves start to take shape... You'll find those corsairs are very much fun to paint, so detailed and yet so uncomplicated at the same time...

the corsair with the Axe is my favourite in the entire range, has a ton of character and served a noble on foot in many a battle... that is before foot nobles became near extinct (but hey, Blood Armour, Seal of Ghrond, and a GW get's you a great little general in < 2K games)

Oh, and those nids are great!
    really liking these corsair models- although the new plastic ones look amazing- the champion is definitely up for a hero slot in my army- hopefully will at least get him finished this weekend- it's been a while since I tackled elves and they are more demanding than my dwarfs...
    Glad you like the nids too.

Quote Originally Posted by Neknoh View Post
    Looking good, like the bone colour on your nids. Any chance for a tutorial on that? I also like the natural colours on your dwarf, makes him appear more... real

And I share your sentiment on the axe elf champion, I can really imagine those three standing on the shore, the body of a fisherman behind them and the dark ship being unloaded behind the body as the champion draws in the salted breeze, "Fresh lands my friend, fresh lands"
    . . .
    . . .
    Damnit, now I have to start a DE army AGAIN! I've got enough work already!
    yeah the darkelves are looking very tempting- especially that new plastic corsair kit although these metals are great too. I had been going to give VC a go but evidently I'm easily distracted!
    I'll try for a tutorial on the nids for sunday[only time I'll get painting I think!].
    Thanks for the comments

Quote Originally Posted by mrtn View Post
    You have some nice stuff here, looking forward to seeing those old dwarves completed.
    Cheers mate, hopefully more dwarf action later in the week- I also have an old bolt thrower to do and some classic imperial dwarf crossbows as well- great models.

Expect pics sunday/monday, thanks for everyones comments/interest and hey I've made it to page 2!!!
    My random painting log- Dwarfs, Nids and VC - updated with Kharadrons! 01/05/17
    http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142003

hmm, not the best week- busier than i thought, been a bit ill and not happy with how well my attempt at darkelves went. But hey, why not post some bad pics anyway....

Here he is- corsair champion- I like the scheme I'm just disappointed with my application of it- still it got to the point that I could either keep going over it or try and get the wee fella finished. I'm not happy with the black, the severed head and a few other bits, but I suppose for a first attempt it's not too rough. Snow base as usual but I painted this one grey to keep the whole dark light thing going. It's basically the same scheme as my nids.

slightly different angle-

I'll try and get the nids done in the next day or so to show the carapace progression. Hopefully i'll get a bunch of painting done on tuesday.
    Thanks for looking,
    Stu.

I have no idea what you see wrong in that Stu; I think it looks great; really good scheme and very well applied

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Doc Grotsnik View Post
    14. Certain FAQ questions will be answered with the stock company answer of 'stop being such a knob'
    Quote Originally Posted by Doi View Post
    Arhalien: Consider yourself lucky I'm fresh out of rocks and sharp, pointy sticks
    My Fantasy Log//Dystopian Wars & Infinity

I think I'm just a bit jammy with the photos.. but thanks mate.

The corsair champion looks great, all the little details like the cloak and war paint are excellent. Maybe the weapon handle could do with being a darker colour, and possible some blood on the axe.

nice work silver! the corsair looks fantastic!

hawke

That Corsair chap, looks fine to me Silverstu. I like him, particularly the colour scheme and the paint job on the Sea Dragon cloak and the flesh areas.
    Veteran of the Psychic Wars

What has he got a tea cosy on his head for?

TOHC

Quote Originally Posted by Slaaaaaanesh View Post
    The corsair champion looks great, all the little details like the cloak and war paint are excellent. Maybe the weapon handle could do with being a darker colour, and possible some blood on the axe.
    Thanks- yeah I think some blood on the axe is pretty much required- unless he cleaned it off on the body..

Quote Originally Posted by G.Hawke View Post
    nice work silver! the corsair looks fantastic!

hawke
    Thanks mate- very good of you to comment.

Quote Originally Posted by The boyz View Post
    That Corsair chap, looks fine to me Silverstu. I like him, particularly the colour scheme and the paint job on the Sea Dragon cloak and the flesh areas.
    Thanks- I think it is just when you have a battle with a model[i had to redo loads of areas] all you end up is seeing where it didn't quite work.

So the colour scheme works then? Looks suitably dark elven despite the lack of purple?

i'll get some more pics up in the next day or so of nids, maybe another corsair and I'd better get on with those dwarfs..getting beard withdrawal!

Thanks again everyone for the comments- very much appreciated.
    Stu

Yeah I like it, the contrasting warpaint is a nice little addition too.

I'm trying to be critical to give you some useful feedback but I can't see anything wrong with it at all. Fingers crossed mine come out half as good, its been a while since I painted anything but necrons.

Good job Stu.
    My favourite Gaming Podcasts
    - The D6 Generation [Gaming News, Reviews and Not Too Horrible Humour]
    - Heelan Hammer [WHFB Hobby and Tournament]
    - Bad Dice [WHFB Tournament Reviews and News]

Flippin' heck Stu. That guy is fantastic. The cloak is the absolute nuts.

Have you got lots of Dark Elves planned?
    Founding father of J.A.D.E.D. Jerks Against Directors Extraordinary Decisions.
    My Project Log "This week I have mostly been painting ...."
    My other log of Vintage stuff: "A Blast from the Past"
    You might also like: "'Ere be Giants"

Quote Originally Posted by Gazak Blacktoof View Post
    Yeah I like it, the contrasting warpaint is a nice little addition too.

I'm trying to be critical to give you some useful feedback but I can't see anything wrong with it at all. Fingers crossed mine come out half as good, its been a while since I painted anything but necrons.

Good job Stu.
    Cheers mate- to be honest it was a fair bit of work- I'm used to painting dwarfs. Of course the big question is can I roll this out accross an entire army?

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Flippin' heck Stu. That guy is fantastic. The cloak is the absolute nuts.

Have you got lots of Dark Elves planned?
    You say the sweetest things
    The cloak is a little rougher in real life though..

The plan is to try out a few more dark elves- maybe some witch elves and then perhaps a new army for TOP2.
    Last edited by silverstu; 19-05-2008 at 21:25. Reason: 'fessing up on the cloak.

Badass Champion!

-Sunny
    What can I say, I'm a happy guy

I love the corsair... particularly the tattoo/marking over the eyes... I might have to 'borrow' that idea to spice up some of my own DE. That is, of course, if you don't mind...

An entire army like that would be fantastic and I support you joining the Druchii as we prepare to launch a massive invasion of Ulthuan on July 19th.

I like the Dark Elf guy, especially the scale cloak. That looks pretty cool

DK
    Quote Originally Posted by BigbyWolf View Post
    In a world where Morris Dancing exists, I shall never be embarrassed by my toy soldier collection.

Project of 2014: Warriors of Chaos

Quote Originally Posted by Kasrkin 666 View Post
    Badass Champion!

-Sunny
    Cheers mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Czechsensation View Post
    I love the corsair... particularly the tattoo/marking over the eyes... I might have to 'borrow' that idea to spice up some of my own DE. That is, of course, if you don't mind...

An entire army like that would be fantastic and I support you joining the Druchii as we prepare to launch a massive invasion of Ulthuan on July 19th.
    glad you like him- will have to wait and see if i can sustain this accross a whole army. Feel free to nick the warpaint I use it in my eldar too.

Quote Originally Posted by Death Korp View Post
    I like the Dark Elf guy, especially the scale cloak. That looks pretty cool

DK
    Thanks mate

Quick update- tester for a witch elf- still to be finished. The flesh tones were the hardest thing and what I really wanted to see if I could to do it. It's a bit messy but i like the effect- hopefully if i continue with the army I'll get tidier.-

She needs war paint possibly, still haven't got the hang of highlighting black and doing the hair.
    With the champ-

Current state of my desk-

And I really have to get stuck into these guys- have to be done for the end of the month.

Flat colours on beards- hopefully I'll move these on this week end and get round to doing the carapace on the nids.
    Comments and suggestions welcome,
    thanks for looking,
    Stu.
    Last edited by silverstu; 23-05-2008 at 11:08.

Hmmm- the witchelf seems to have been under whelming- ho-hum.

Well got my ToP dwarfs finished[ish] as usual. No shields and definately could have done better.

Army-

No other updates yet- I have started work on the witch standard bearer I am also painting a few zombies and some graveguard. VC are now a possible army for the next TOP as I have about half an army and a good idea for some fluff, plus I seemed to be seeing alot of cool VC plogs about. The darkelves- I love painting, I could do with seeing more of the new stuff and I'm a bit worried about spending that much money on a new army..but they are really cool minis. I am waiting on the AoW sorceress, I may go and get some executioners[brilliant models..] Depends on wether I can get into painting VC[I hate zombies].
    I'll post pics soon,
    Thanks for looking.
    Stu.

This post was brought to whilst listening to Elbow- the Seldom Seen Kid.

Well I liked the witch elf and I thought I'd replied (but apparently not ).

Anyway I still like the scheme and I think it'll look good rolled out across an entire army. As you mentioned the hair could do with a slightly better highlight, it probably needs something a bit more severe. I think an escher gang style white streak in the hair would look pretty cool too.

Aside from that the blade is the only other area that lets the model down (it looks a bit streaky) though it might look different in real life.

I have to say the dwarf army looks really cohesive and you should be very proud of the end result.

When is the tale of fantasy painters starting up again? I want in.
    My favourite Gaming Podcasts
    - The D6 Generation [Gaming News, Reviews and Not Too Horrible Humour]
    - Heelan Hammer [WHFB Hobby and Tournament]
    - Bad Dice [WHFB Tournament Reviews and News]

A-ha feedback!!! Cheers Gazak, yeah the hair needs more- your mentioning of escher gangers gives me a few ideas..I'll work on the blade and the armour and get it up soon.
    As for the next ToP- this is the last month of the current one so the next one starts in July-post your first finished pics at the start of Aug. You've signed up right? I'll see about PM'ing all those who have signed up to remind them when it starts.
    Thanks again for the feedback- Dark elves make a nice change from dwarfs and I think I'd really have to improve my painting to do an army- nice challenge.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast