Page 2 of 748 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 502 ... LastLast

Thread: The Imperial Guard Tread-head thread

Re: The Imperial Guard Tread-head thread

2 Land Raiders, 1:35 Howitzer bits and crappy Photoshop-skillz.

Painted to my old gaming standard.

My army including all it's armoured support:

Sentinel Under Siege (finished now but don't have decent pics).

I'm plotting on an Armoured Company in this scheme. Time-consuming but very rewarding.
    Last edited by Kaaijer; 18-10-2005 at 20:21.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puffin Magician
    Kaaijer has the uncanny ability to defecate IG tank bitz; some say it's a curse, but his Photobucket tells a different tale.
    Check out my weblog, Life or Something Like It.

I wish I had something to contribute other than my "3 years in the making" Stormblade, which isn't even assembled yet. Had to dispose of all my scratchbuilt IG tanks [all 25+ of them] when I moved to Europe. Even my Baneblade doesn't exist anymore.

Dodgy Ed: Please take some decent pictures of individual tanks. Your "scheme" looks very similar to what I want to do with my Armoured Company [basically a pale beige/white] but I'm having trouble visualizing it without thinking it'll be a heap of bland white tanks.

Cap'n Brown: That is the orangiest orange I have ever seen. Quantum Orange. Love the SdKfz 251, too.
    I would suggest that those players who think that paper tanks are cheating or disrespecting the hobby should see if they can track down a copy of White Dwarf #132. - kelvingreen
    Reading these red & black forums since 2001.

I wish I had something to contribute other than my "3 years in the making" Stormblade, which isn't even assembled yet. Had to dispose of all my scratchbuilt IG tanks [all 25+ of them] when I moved to Europe. Even my Baneblade doesn't exist anymore.
    But look at the great country you're living in now.
    That must have been worth it all.

(still awaiting the arrival of GreyDeath in this thread...)
    Kaaijer has the uncanny ability to defecate IG tank bitz; some say it's a curse, but his Photobucket tells a different tale.
    Check out my weblog, Life or Something Like It.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodthirster90
    what's with the huge orangepatch? I don't really like it too much, but whatever turns you on...
    Vehicle Identification markings...but after four years I have never bothered to fill them in.

Welcome back everyone. Please check your old PLOGs and update photos that have been lost in the hack or Photobucket block.
    Elysian Army PLOG - Tau Army PLOG - Ork Army PLOG - Sisters of Battle PLOG - Necromunda Imperial Guard Army PLOG - Alaitoc Eldar PLOG
    Please follow the rules and respect the opinions of others - Warseer FAQ
    Selling OOP GW Books and Games - Interested in buying oop metal Eldar

Cpt Brown, great stuff there. The halftrack Salamader is especially cool (it started life as an Sdkfz 250, right?) and I must say, you photographs are of excellent quality. Something to aspire to...

Puffin, work in progress stuff is cool too, especially if it's unusual or unique.

Kaaijer, I remember marveling at that gorgeous Super-Heavy on Portent before the fall.

To everyone that has contributed so far - thanks very much, you've got us off to a flying start!

And in the interest of keeping it going, some more of my stuff...

Another of My Leman Russes...
    Pictured From the Right
    And again from the left
    I've currently got eight Russes or various sorts on the go for my Armoured Company, this is one of the five more or less finished ones, another I've already posted up and the third, fouth and fifth (a Vanquisher, Exterminator and Demolisher) I haven't photographed yet.

One of my Six Chimeras, I need another two before I've go enough for my 1850 point Mechanised Guard List...
    Viewed from forward and above
    From the Left...
    ...to the right

A picture of another of my Russes and Chimeras side by side.

And finally some pictures of my Basilisk. Since these pictures were taken I done some more painting, labelling and added some extra interior detail to this model. It only needs to be weathered now, and then I'll take some pictures of it finished.
    Taken from the left...
    ...the right...
    ...and from above so you can see the interior detail (and broken radio aerial )
    Last edited by Getz; 22-12-2005 at 00:20.
    Power Armour is for Wimps! Real men go into battle out of the back of a Valkyrie at 500 feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Gen.Steiner View Post
    Getz for Lord Solar!
    Renegades and Heretics Project Log. Last updated 16/3/08

But look at the great country you're living in now.
    Well yes, of course. It was worth every crushed & burned Leman Russ. And the Lightning. And all my tools left behind. And my terrain, and materials for further scratchbuilds. Yep, definitely.

Just seems like for now I can't have 40k and live with my g/f over here. I think the current plan is to go back to Canada and attend college [and after that, get a decent job], since we're in a bit of a geld-ramp right now. Mein niet-zo-goed Nederlandse taal kennis is really not helping me find a job, and neither is living in a ghost-town like Veendam. All that destruction for nothing! Er gaat niks boven Groningen. Ja, inderdaad.

Vehicle Identification markings...
    I'd leave them blank. Looks nice like that. Maybe an orange [or anything else that contrasts the hull] Ident marking on the hull? Somehow your model is telling me to suggest Roman Numberals...

Edit:
    Puffin, work in progress stuff is cool too, especially if it's unusual or unique.
    I haven't gotten around to taking pictures, but I've stolen some Predator Lascannons for proper weapons on the Stormblade, but will have to wait a while for the 5 Heavy Bolters I need. At least the Plasma Blastgun is done...

Stormblade I
    Stormblade II
    Stormblade III

The Warhound Titan has been updated with it's first coat of Boltgun Metal on the legs, head, pelvis and weapons. Far from finished the Carapace itself, since it has lots of fiddly details [exhausts, shield projectors, AdMech symbols]. No pictures of this yet either.
    Last edited by Puffin Magician; 18-10-2005 at 21:30.
    I would suggest that those players who think that paper tanks are cheating or disrespecting the hobby should see if they can track down a copy of White Dwarf #132. - kelvingreen

I've really come to love this sort of scheme http://www.neokaw.com/gallery/ig_vehicles.php, I don't know how german it is...

I want to make my army as authentic as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltire
    On a point of interest, has anyone else had difficulty assembling a forgeworld laser tank destroyer? I ended up employing Minister's green stuffing skills to fill the rather numerous gaps and awkward angles left by general poor fitting.
    On this subject, as you may have noticed I've bought a lot of Forgeworld Mars Pattern hulls over the years and I've foundmost them to fit together reasonably well. One however (the one I bought for my Demolisher) had suffered significant shrinkage with some parts, making it fit together rather badly and I too had to resort to the Greenstuff.

I suspect you got a dodgy set of components, but I'm afraid that's rather the nature of the beast with resin. I hope it didn't put you off Forge World completely as many of their kits go together really rather well.
    Power Armour is for Wimps! Real men go into battle out of the back of a Valkyrie at 500 feet.

Getz for Lord Solar!

Yeah, after my Wave Serpent kits I was really pissed off with FW, but when I recently received my IG tank Commissar and Conqueror turret, my faith was restored really.

Quote Originally Posted by Getz
    On this subject, as you may have noticed I've bought a lot of Forgeworld Mars Pattern hulls over the years and I've foundmost them to fit together reasonably well. One however (the one I bought for my Demolisher) had suffered significant shrinkage with some parts, making it fit together rather badly and I too had to resort to the Greenstuff.

I suspect you got a dodgy set of components, but I'm afraid that's rather the nature of the beast with resin. I hope it didn't put you off Forge World completely as many of their kits go together really rather well.
    FW will normally replace any very badly warped (unusable) pieces free of charge, in my experience.

Right!!! this is no good I know I said maybe Thursday and I do have to get up at stupid o'clock in the morning. But I cannot let this go any further without providing some close ups of some of my beasties. So to begin I give you Shur-Lee, my uparmoured salamander Recce vehicle ( could still be used as a chimera though, as someone pointed out ,apologies I cannot recall who, it does have a touch of the Marder,AMX10P, feel to it). Many of mine are named in accordance to my IG Fluff, 78(fortress) (the name of my old, sadly disbanded engineer regiment) battlegroup a composite force brought together defending Kasr Soton there is a touch of engineer feel in there and I do have planned for the future a bridgelayer and an Armoured Vehicle Imperial Enginners (AVIE) complete with fascine laying capability excavator/crane etc. The names all relate to areas in Southampton, Shur-lee = Shirley, where I live, Bars-et = Basset (one of my Russ's) and so on.
    well here she is hope you like it.

That's really rather neat!

Once I've got my latest batch of Chimeras done my next project will be a Chimera based ARV... Perhaps I should post up the concept sketches?

Getz for Lord Solar!

Evening chap! yes indeed, bring it on I would very much like to see those. Like the russes by the way, is that the Ryza pattern turret you used on those?

heh! just noted promotion. Result!

Evening Guv'nor!

You are quite correct, all my Russ Variants have Alpha Pattern Hulls and the stock Russes have Ryza Pattern Turrets - although I have stretched the Gun buy about 10mm with plastic tubing. Parlty because my Armoured Company uses the Anti Tank Rounds Doctrine and partly to make them look more Kick-Ass...

My brother's gone to bed (as indeed should I) so I can't get at his scanner tonight, but tomorrow I'll scan and put up the sketches I've been preparing for my ARV project - they're hardly blueprints (I tend to sketch them in biro wile I'm on the phone at work) but I really can't start work on a project without having first sorted out the design on paper.

As it stands, it'll actually count as a normal Chimera for my Techpriest Enginseer, but it'll be converted into an ARV by removing the Turret and adding an A frame and winch (plus a ton of cables and stowage) - the turret mounted Heavy Bolter will be represented by a Gun Servitor manning the command cupola. It'll also make for a neat Atlas if I feel the urge to use one...

Getz for Lord Solar!

Perhaps I should post up the concept sketches? ...they're hardly blueprints (I tend to sketch them in biro wile I'm on the phone at work) but I really can't start work on a project without having first sorted out the design on paper.
    I'm the same way. Pen scribbles on a notepad of graph paper for me before any sort of rules proxying or VDRing is started.

I don't have a scanner I've managed to [not lately] upload some drawings; Digital Camera + Photobucket for the win!

Hopefully I should be able to get some decent pics this weekend, my housmate has now found the USB for the digicam but unfortunately I am at work all week so can't get any photography done untill the weekend.

oh BTW if any one is wondering I do have enough painted Valhallans to go in those Chimera (indeed I am short about 5 to mechanise my army Dammit:cries: )

Here is a Rhino from my space marine army.
    I rigged up a moter inside it so that the Radar spins.

The entirity of my armoured vehicles.

Cheers

Sheep
    Sheep's laying a log For all things Imperial
    The Ammobunker Forums with humour
    Sheep's Sons of Horus For all things 30k
    Sheep does Adeptus Mechanicus Latest project

Forlorn Hope, my blog

Quote Originally Posted by Samoth
    Lovin' that decimator! What do you use it as, a destroyer?
    Nope, I VDRed it. I envision the Decimator's volt cannon to shoot a hail of short ranged lightnings, covering a small area. Like the anti-grav pads on those ships in Matrix 1-3.
    To get a good profile for that rather unpredictable weapon I'm using a gatling short-barrelled assault cannon. 4d3 shots at 12", some of which might be rending. Quite good, but too short ranged to be cheesy.

I should put up some more pictures now that it is painted.

Wink Re: The Imperial Guard Tread-head thread

I'd love to see pics of your Decimator Barbarossa. I really want to make a salamander/chimera like you did now old guard! That thing is pretty sweet.
    I haven't painted any more of my exterminator yet...or mounted the cannon...shame on me...shame...Life just gets busy sometimes!

-peace out
    scrubout:skull:
    FIREBASE
    Brian: There's no pleasing some people.
    Ex-Leper: That's just what Jesus said, sir.

The AmmoBunker

Page 2 of 748 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 502 ... LastLast