Page 3 of 749 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 503 ... LastLast

Thread: The Imperial Guard Tread-head thread

Re: The Imperial Guard Tread-head thread

Perhaps I should post up the concept sketches? ...they're hardly blueprints (I tend to sketch them in biro wile I'm on the phone at work) but I really can't start work on a project without having first sorted out the design on paper.
    I'm the same way. Pen scribbles on a notepad of graph paper for me before any sort of rules proxying or VDRing is started.

I don't have a scanner I've managed to [not lately] upload some drawings; Digital Camera + Photobucket for the win!
    I would suggest that those players who think that paper tanks are cheating or disrespecting the hobby should see if they can track down a copy of White Dwarf #132. - kelvingreen
    Reading these red & black forums since 2001.

Hopefully I should be able to get some decent pics this weekend, my housmate has now found the USB for the digicam but unfortunately I am at work all week so can't get any photography done untill the weekend.

oh BTW if any one is wondering I do have enough painted Valhallans to go in those Chimera (indeed I am short about 5 to mechanise my army Dammit:cries: )

Here is a Rhino from my space marine army.
    I rigged up a moter inside it so that the Radar spins.

The entirity of my armoured vehicles.

Cheers

Sheep
    Sheep's laying a log For all things Imperial
    The Ammobunker Forums with humour
    Sheep's Sons of Horus For all things 30k
    Sheep does Adeptus Mechanicus Latest project

Forlorn Hope, my blog

Quote Originally Posted by Samoth
    Lovin' that decimator! What do you use it as, a destroyer?
    Nope, I VDRed it. I envision the Decimator's volt cannon to shoot a hail of short ranged lightnings, covering a small area. Like the anti-grav pads on those ships in Matrix 1-3.
    To get a good profile for that rather unpredictable weapon I'm using a gatling short-barrelled assault cannon. 4d3 shots at 12", some of which might be rending. Quite good, but too short ranged to be cheesy.

I should put up some more pictures now that it is painted.

Wink Re: The Imperial Guard Tread-head thread

I'd love to see pics of your Decimator Barbarossa. I really want to make a salamander/chimera like you did now old guard! That thing is pretty sweet.
    I haven't painted any more of my exterminator yet...or mounted the cannon...shame on me...shame...Life just gets busy sometimes!

-peace out
    scrubout:skull:
    FIREBASE
    Brian: There's no pleasing some people.
    Ex-Leper: That's just what Jesus said, sir.

The AmmoBunker

you know what, ive been looking around in order to try and find a way of making an actual 40k tank kit radio controlled, and have the only clue as to its abilities, be the tracks (which will obviously have to be rubber or similar)

any idead how i could go about this? what tank to use etc?

You don't necessarily need moving tracks to have a remote-control tank. Just keep the bottom section of the track open and put your drive wheels there. None of the fiddly work of tracks falling off or becoming ripped because of pointy drive wheels [as happened with my Tamiya T-72].

Old Guard's Chimera looks a lot like a simple Trojan conversion, and it's a very good one at that.

John, that is one very aqua tank...
    I would suggest that those players who think that paper tanks are cheating or disrespecting the hobby should see if they can track down a copy of White Dwarf #132. - kelvingreen

Quote Originally Posted by Luke
    you know what, ive been looking around in order to try and find a way of making an actual 40k tank kit radio controlled, and have the only clue as to its abilities, be the tracks (which will obviously have to be rubber or similar)

any idead how i could go about this? what tank to use etc?
    rubber tracks!! hell no.
    you want to cast up individual track links and attach them together with small pins.

im still planning my remote controlled hellhound, with fully functional inferno cannon.
    Anvil Industry - Original Miniatures and unique conversion parts for your warriors.

Project Diary - Sculpting, Modelling and Painting

Sethra 1st Urban Strike Force
    Completed
    Ithican 14th "Silver Shields"
    Work in Progress

Quote Originally Posted by anvils hammer
    im still planning my remote controlled hellhound, with fully functional inferno cannon.
    Mental note to self, never agree to a game over at anvils hammer's house.

Joking aside there have been some great conversions and paint jobs here, keep them coming guys.

Something I have noticed, we fall into two groups, those who do up their tanks in whatever colour scheme they feel like and those who do the same scheme for all their tanks. I fall in the latter group, although I was originally in the former, not really sure what caused me to change. Any thoughts on this phenomenon?

Welcome back everyone. Please check your old PLOGs and update photos that have been lost in the hack or Photobucket block.
    Elysian Army PLOG - Tau Army PLOG - Ork Army PLOG - Sisters of Battle PLOG - Necromunda Imperial Guard Army PLOG - Alaitoc Eldar PLOG
    Please follow the rules and respect the opinions of others - Warseer FAQ
    Selling OOP GW Books and Games - Interested in buying oop metal Eldar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Brown
    Mental note to self, never agree to a game over at anvils hammer's house.

Joking aside there have been some great conversions and paint jobs here, keep them coming guys.

Something I have noticed, we fall into two groups, those who do up their tanks in whatever colour scheme they feel like and those who do the same scheme for all their tanks. I fall in the latter group, although I was originally in the former, not really sure what caused me to change. Any thoughts on this phenomenon?
    yeah your riht, ive ceratinly noticed this as well, i tend to paint my tanks using the same colours, but with different paterns, so there is still variety but also a bit of difference in there as well.
    Anvil Industry - Original Miniatures and unique conversion parts for your warriors.

Project Diary - Sculpting, Modelling and Painting

Sethra 1st Urban Strike Force
    Completed
    Ithican 14th "Silver Shields"
    Work in Progress

generall those of us who have a tank based army will use consistent schemes...
    my russes and russ variants are in one scheme, my bassies are another (well, will be - ive only got one finished!) and my chimeras are all in another...
    now all i need to do is actually finish converting and repainting most of my tanks... hats the bane of buying off ebay! a hodge-podge of odedly painted models...
    "What I cannot crush with words I will crush with the tanks of the Imperial Guard!" Lord Solar Macharius

"Before you judge someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. And after that, who gives a ******? They're a mile away and you've got their shoes!" - Billy Connolly

some of my work: http://groups.msn.com/TheImperialGua...w?albumlist=2]
    my CMON gallery: http://www.coolminiornot.com/browse/...rby/Descending

Something I have noticed, we fall into two groups, those who do up their tanks in whatever colour scheme they feel like and those who do the same scheme for all their tanks.
    It's simple for me... my Armoured Company hails from an Apline Forge World, so mainly [off-?]White with Grey as well as the manditory AdMech Red in places. IG infantry aren't painted squad-by-squad, so why would IG tanks? Mismatched colour schemes irritate me and I don't think they look nice on the table; I sold my Biel-Tan because of it.

You can't say that Dodgy Ed's Armoured Company doesn't look great with a cohesive colour.

you want to cast up individual track links and attach them together with small pins.
    And what happens when it explodes and burns your Venice table?

Edit:
    Sheep, I forgot to mention this earlier. I really like the scheme on your Chimeras & Sentinel, the white Chaos Stars are simple but effective, and are small enough to provide sufficient contrast without being too much of a distraction.

The Predator turret is great too, which I've heard about many times but never actually seen. Along with the Heavy Bolter swap, this really looks like it's a normal tank. Subtle and believable converting that gives the model an individual look without changing so much as to suggest it's supposed to be different. The Mars-Pattern Leman Russ hull from FW does the same thing, but this looks better. Excellent.
    Last edited by Puffin Magician; 19-10-2005 at 22:14.

I have actually painted a couple of my tanks in a slightly different colour scheme. Thsis is mainly because I tried one scheme, then realised the Base green was too dark to give any contrast when I tried to add the camoflage stripe. Since then I've gone for a slightly lighter, "greener" green, but the older tanks have kept their colour as I like the idea of my Amoured Comanpy containg a couple of vehicles that may have, for example, been painted in a differnt paintshop (and the difference is very slight).
    Power Armour is for Wimps! Real men go into battle out of the back of a Valkyrie at 500 feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Gen.Steiner View Post
    Getz for Lord Solar!
    Renegades and Heretics Project Log. Last updated 16/3/08

Getz, what is it that you do to your Russ turrets to get them looking so *******' cool?

Anyhoo, here's a pic of my tanks so far. I used to have a lot more but they'd all been repainted loads of times and were horrible.

I'm not sure why I chose this colour scheme, just wanted something neat which kind of fits in with my infantry I suppose
    My Imperial Guard Log
    Robot 2000 is a Giant Mecha-Ape that swallows Aeroplanes Whole, fires Rockets, came from Another Planet, has a Humorous Nephew Sidekick, and CANNOT BE STOPPED.
    Fight me!
    Metalhead of Warseer \m/

My Russes all have Forge World Ryza Pattern turrets, although I've convertred them a little by stetching the gun barrel by about 10mm. Other thanthat, I've just added a bits and bobs from the Tank Accessory sprue and hung some track links off the side.
    Power Armour is for Wimps! Real men go into battle out of the back of a Valkyrie at 500 feet.

Getz for Lord Solar!

Okay, as requested, here are some concept sketches for my Chimera based ARV.

Isometric view, plus some little detail and plan sketches

Side View

As you can see, they're a little rough, but it's really about putting the ideas down paper rather than making them pretty...
    Last edited by Getz; 17-04-2007 at 09:51.

Getz for Lord Solar!

Very nice. how about opening up the back a bit more, go for a hydraulic crane, put a power pack for a russ in the back and make it look like an FV434?
    Really like that.

So I see your Chimera ARV and I raise you my Atlas (DIY. got to watch the pennys and all that)

Sorry just spotted that one of them is a bit blurry (shaky hands)

Great conversion old guard. For some reason the thing that makes it appear the most realistic is the beam beside the left track. (Strange that, I would have thought it would be the winch inside the hull or something like that.)

Welcome back everyone. Please check your old PLOGs and update photos that have been lost in the hack or Photobucket block.
    Elysian Army PLOG - Tau Army PLOG - Ork Army PLOG - Sisters of Battle PLOG - Necromunda Imperial Guard Army PLOG - Alaitoc Eldar PLOG
    Please follow the rules and respect the opinions of others - Warseer FAQ
    Selling OOP GW Books and Games - Interested in buying oop metal Eldar

Hey guys. Some neat tanks so far, keep 'em coming. Since I started uni a few weeks back, I aint had much time to do any more to my modest array of vehicle. Those that are done can be found here

I'll draw particular attention to these three. . .
    Vanquisher
    Warrior Chimera
    Warrior command Chimera

Enjoy, and I'll see what I can do about the others. . .

Dave out.
    ". . . and due to a small, seemingly insignificant, clerical error there are, in fact, two highly secretive organisations at work in the Imperium dedicated to destroying the denizens of the warp; neither one aware of the existence of the other. . ."

Available for all you painting and modeling commision needs. Vehicle modeling is my speciality. PM me with your ideas.

Page 3 of 749 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 503 ... LastLast