Page 396 of 747 FirstFirst ... 296 346 386 394 395 396 397 398 406 446 496 ... LastLast
Results 7,901 to 7,920 of 14923

Thread: The Imperial Guard Tread-head thread

Re: The Imperial Guard Tread-head thread

Like those Hydras. That Land raider looks great.
    My IG and SM Project log:Mr Kibbles' Random log of Australian IG and Aboriginal SMs - now with finished Vaggu
    My Stories so far:
    The Garras War-A Story of Imperial Guardsmen and their trials in combat - now up to Chapter 4!

@ imcdonnell : Like the "hightech" look of those Hydras !

@ Logarthm Udgaur : Sweet ! A Girly Land-Raider

/ SDKFZ

still locked down edinburgh castle dungeon

Quote Originally Posted by lukebardy View Post
    just had to say tanks do not come in pink

If it's good enough for the SAS/LRDG its good enough for the Inquisition!

A couple things I got done over the weekend

IRON WITHIN, IRON WITHOUT.
    57th Krieg Assault Brigade, Army)
    IV Astartes Legion: Iron Warriors Chaos Space Marines 7th Grand Company. (Log - Updated!)
    9th Haalvak Legion. Mechanized Infantry Log
    Heavy Gear Log
    This is why we avoid the Reddit warhammer board

in my tank book, it say pink is better at desert/sand camo than a yellow? no idea why......

thanks one nice Baneblade Vaktathi

Nice Baneblade.
    My IG and SM Project log:Mr Kibbles' Random log of Australian IG and Aboriginal SMs - now with finished Vaggu
    My Stories so far:
    The Garras War-A Story of Imperial Guardsmen and their trials in combat - now up to Chapter 4!

@ Daemon -forge..

Pink cammo was used in desert for use mainly at sunrise and sunset.. when the sun causes the predominant colours of the landscape to have a pink hue..

Just the times that the LRDG and SAS were mostly operating..

Hence pink vehicles..

Best wishes,

Carl

I remember pink paint on WWII recon Spitfire used in sunset or sunrise as said above.

Lol, reminds me of the Pink Panther.
    My Stories so far:

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Kibbles View Post
    Lol, reminds me of the Pink Panther.
    How long is it until someone posts a photo of a pink German Panther, ive got a photo of a blue and yellow one but no pink.

Great job so far, to everyone.
    Hrw-Amen, your tractors look very interesting. With the armored cab fitted wirh lasguns, they remind me of the Bv206 All-terrain carrier, good job.

And Lord Velard, the tanks is sexyness on Minenraumer tracks. W/out the GW parts, it would sell pretty well, imho.
    imcdonnell, the Hydra is ace, the radar dish makes it... somwehat more realistic than a GW/FW one. I dunno, i like yours better.
    Contact with alien races always renews ones faith in humanity. It is my belief that foreign travel narrows the mind wonderfully.
    - Attributted to Helem Boesch -

Chapter Master

Thanks for the thoughts on the tractors. They are for the most part made from cardboard so i thnk they came out quite well.

Someone asked a few days ago about the Marshals and what rules I was going to use. Have to say ha not really thought about it, I just wanted to make the models. Feel free to come up with some if you like; but for me, I just like building the moels especially tanks. I find it relaxing as opposed to playing which I don't do much of at all as I find it infuriating.

imcdonnell:- Those Hydras look good. I also like the radar dish, what did you use for it, or was it scratch built? What abut the gun barrels, are they from the Ageis set with extended barrels or something different altogether?

Not sure about all the pink stuff, a pink spitfire, that is just not right! Even if the SAS do use it on their own stuff.

ord velard:- What did you use for the basis of that assualt tank, it looks so big bulky, really good? Are there any pictures of it painted yet? I have the impression that if there were such a thing, then 'Space' Skaven would use something that looked like that!

The Autocanons are from the Aegis defence set - I had to elongate the barrels as they looked too short - I did this with plastic tube and thick brass rod to give then some rigidity.

They are mounted on a Turret from Antenocitis Workshop this comes with smaller side guns which I did't fit and the radar dish - the dish I mounted on a pin so it turns.

I used the escape hatch from the Planetstrike Bastion set as a platform and a standard 25mm round base to provide the round fitting as this fit neatly in the escape hatch. I used magnets on the underside of the hatch and on the underside of the turret so that it turns freely.

I also used plasticard and magnets inside the chimera to keep the hatch in the right place. The hatch doesn't fit straight out the box because of the view ports on the chimera, so I thinned the hatch walls on the inside (scrapped with a modelling knife) until it did.

I used plasticard and magnets inside the chimera behind the gun ports to mount the bits which hide the gun ports. Normally this is my Hell hound chassis and the same magnets hold the old style metal fuel tanks in place.

Regards

Ian

This is an old photo, as in this morning, of the latest project I am working on. Started with a basilisk kit and here is the result.

Having said that I added more track guard to the front and added fuel tanks and general stuff to complete it, plus a coat of black spray more paint coming soon. Anyway hope you like. This is an updated picture with a layer or two of paint.

Last edited by predatorsown; 16-09-2009 at 14:29. Reason: Updated picture
    Truth, truth is much like beauty, it's all in the eye of the beholder and the correct lie can be a beautiful thing.

Predators Own's guardsmen and armour

I like it's stug-ness
    My Stories so far:

Quote Originally Posted by predatorsown View Post
    This is an old photo, as in this morning, of the latest project I am working on. Started with a basilisk kit and here is the result.

Having said that I added more track guard to the front and added fuel tanks and general stuff to complete it, plus a coat of black spray more paint coming soon. Anyway hope you like.
    Good idea, but with these wheels it looks a bit strange.

Chapter Master

Some new turrets for the latest Leman Russ variants.

I am making a Vanquisher for the armoured company commander and a Conqueror for the Comissar.

The Company commanders Russ is having side sponsons from the Predator Kit (New version) which I hve fitted the the side armour of the tank. It was very hard to get them to go in snug, a case of greenstuff to fill the gaps unfortunately, but it looks good now. I am not sure what weapons to mount a although I have the sponsons, I've used both the Heavy Bolters and Lascannons on other conversions. I'm thinking so Heavy flamers I've got that should fit OK. I figured that as the army is supposed to be the guard/PDF force from a Space Marine homeworld then a certain amount of crossover ould be interesting.

here is a link to some pictures of a few of my tanks.
    http://www.freewebs.com/bigcheese76/apps/photos/
    hopefully i'll have pictures of the rest of them up soon. alot of these have moved on and been painted or converted. hope you like my black and silver colour scheme.

This thread has been nothing but a stream of inspiration from the very first post. I have recently gotten around to photographing some of my tanks so and comments and criticisms are welcome.

a few Russ's

a chimera that was inspired by one of the posters in this thread

and this is my colossus/medusa conversion

Page 396 of 747 FirstFirst ... 296 346 386 394 395 396 397 398 406 446 496 ... LastLast