Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Plastic Crack Rehab Clinic - Miscellanous stuff

Plastic Crack Rehab Clinic - Miscellanous stuff

As you may have noticed, There are a few of us who regularly post on here who are part of a club called the Plastic Crack Rehab Clinic.

The time has apparently come to have a thread which will be a place for all the random stuff that doesn't really fit into our existing army projects.

Here's basically a list of our members (you might see us at the Damocles Gulf Campaign weekend later in May).

Apologist
    Omricon
    Bob Hunk
    GrahamGilchrist
    Lord Blood the Hungry
    Lucifer216 (yours truely)

To kick it off, here's the start of one of my projects. As a Dark Heresy GM, I've been busy building up a collection of models. Now, the game has a problem in that unless you continually throw your players up against chaos or Xenos, everything they kill they'll pinch. Hence at some point the players may get far too powerful for most things.

This is where the Alpha Legion below fit in (Oh and they are the power behind the throne, so to speak...).

Last edited by Lucifer216; 09-05-2008 at 20:28.
    Currently mustering the 34th Grand Host of the Word Bearers. Glory to Chaos! Death to the False Emperor!

Proud member of the Plastic Crack Rehab Clinic: www.pcrc.org.uk

Re: Plastic Crack Rehab Clinic - Miscellanous stuff

woo woo dark heresy!

nice looking marines
    Grow Old or Die Trying

This log is going to be SOO cool, judging by that list anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Lucifer216 View Post

Really really nice work on the shading and free hand. I also like the use of the storm/combat shield. I was always more of a fan towards to darker blues then greens for the Alpha Legion. the white brings everything out nicely. I may have to snag that idea sometime.
    Redstar's Loggy of Chaos!
    Redstar goes Khroney!! Scratch Built Khrone Super Heavies WIP Log On Hold
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Feral View Post
    You're mad you are. Mad and have lots of plastic card to hand. That's a badass combination if I ever saw one!
    http://miniaturewargameconversions.blogspot.com/

Cheers. Incidentally, if you ever feel burned out from the hobby, collecting GW models for use in either Dark Heresy or WHFRP is something I throughly recommend. You get far more of a variety in terms of painting material than painting a conventional army. You can also use as an excuse to buy the coolest stuff the miniature ranges have to offer
    Currently mustering the 34th Grand Host of the Word Bearers. Glory to Chaos! Death to the False Emperor!

Proud member of the Plastic Crack Rehab Clinic: www.pcrc.org.uk

Hi all, time for another PCRC member to make his first post in our new log.

I'm currently working on my Blood Axe Orks for the Damocles Gulf campaign weekend on the 17/18th May at Warhammer World. There's a link to my Ork log in my sig, although it hasn't been updated for a while. Hopefully I'll get a chance to add some pics on Sunday - after a hard weekend's painting!

But I digress...my next project - for the 13th Black Crusade event at WW in September - will be... *drumroll* ... the Deathwing!
    For quite a few months I've been carefully harvesting the original 1st edition metal Terminators from eBay. The appropriate solegends page is here.

Below is my initial 1.5k force, lead by Belial (ably played by the original Terminator Captain) and a Librarian. You'll notice they're all on 25mm bases, rather than 40mm bases like modern Terminators. This is because:
    a) that's what they came with, and
    b) the PCRC has access to 1st edition Space Hulk and the Deathwing suppliment, so I want them all on small bases so they fit in the board squares.

Here's a close-up of the Captain and Librarian, as well as an Assault cannon Terminator, which is one of my favourite models of all time!

The army has been undercoated since this photo was taken, and expanded somewhat, with the addition of another metal squad, a plastic squad (the original you got with the Space Hulk game), a Grey Knight squad, and a Dreadnought - all 1st editions. This brings the total to well over 2000 points.

Now, with regards to colour scheme, I wanted to avoid the modern bone-white, and go for a more old-skool pure white, as seen in this picture from the time. Also, the Deathwing originally had a "Native American" theme, which I plan to work in somehow, probably as heraldry.

Here's a few shots of a test model I did, using a spare 2nd edition metal.

That's all the pictures I have for now. I won't really get a chance to do much with them until after the Damocles Gulf event, but they are going to be my next main project, so watch this space.

Chapter Master

alpha legion are looking good. really like the turquoise highlights.

wow thats a shed load of terminators!!
    really like the colour scheme.
    is that highlighted up from black to white??
    is the mesh base so you can play space hulk with them?

Thats a lot of photos in a short space of time. They are all looking really good!

My Glowing Thousand Sons Army Tutorial and project

Proud member of the Plastic Crak Rehab Clinik

Although I am usually a sucker for the newer range of terminators, the 'Deathwing' army project is very interesting. There is some nice detailing on the shoulder pads, is somebody else going to be painting old school genestealers to fight against?

I also took these photos the otherday and thought that they are relevant for your project.
    :edit: photos were taken from the Warhammer World museum, this diorama was made quite a while ago as I recall, 1999 ish?.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaaaaaanesh View Post
    Although I am usually a sucker for the newer range of terminators, the 'Deathwing' army project is very interesting. There is some nice detailing on the shoulder pads, is somebody else going to be painting old school genestealers to fight against?
    Ha-ha, yeah...me. We already have some nicely painted old school Genestealers at the PCRC, but they're on grass bases. I've got about 25 of the old plastic Genestealers on their sprues sitting in a draw. A Genestealer Cult using the old models and the new 'Nid codex (hybrids as gaunts, etc) is on my long term project list, and I'll base them in the same way as the Deathwing.

Thanks for the positive feedback and the photos, that's a cool diorama.

Chapter Master

ahh.. a cunning ploy.
    make an uber cool deathwing army from old style terminators.
    build an awesome, converted and old school, genestealer cult.
    then play huge and amazing multiplayer games of space hulk using all the additional rules sets.

scenery plans? when you have both armies under way lets have a terrain weekend and get some corrridors built.

project = win

go go warseer based space hulk revival!!

Ok, this almost deserves its own thread but it is a PCRC project so it will go here. This is the PCRC's first big army marathon!

Behold the PCRC Bad moonz. I bought the models and came up with army composition and some of the ideas whilst all my friends at the PCRC contributed ideas, painting and modelling skills. Because I have less time than the rest of them they all kindly agreed to let me keep the army afterwards

Lets start with the warboss/Big mek boss Snazgutz the Corpulent. Based off the Ogre King model, initial build and idea by myself, extensive greenstuffing by Lord Blood the Hungry and the creation of the 'Princess Leia ork' by Apologist. Painting by Lucifer216 (and myself but mostly him). I present Snazgutz, destroyer of sneaky blood axe and umie alike. (WIP). This guy is trully a joint effort.

Last edited by omricon; 11-05-2008 at 14:31.

That ork is really well done and it fits the Bad Moon klan perfectly. Will that count as a power chicken leg?
    When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming like the other people in his car.

Got those old 5th edition lizardmen collecting dust? PM me, I really need more metal skinks with javelins.

I am hoping to count the chicken leg as a power klaw or uge choppa but it depends on my opponent I suppose Along with my huge corpulence counts as eavy armour and/or cybork body (I couldnt bear to cover up all that fat!).

Cheers Hicks.

By the way I really like the photo in your portrait Hicks, I assume its a model you own? Very darth vader

That Ork...is....AWESOME!

-Sunny
    What can I say, I'm a happy guy

Awesome; cheers Lucifer216 – this should be a good way for us all to get back to enjoying painting instead of panicking for Dark Stars!

It's good to see Snazgutz and da boyz from Omricon's army – and those Alpha Legion look great! I think that in the context of the squad, the horns look pretty cool, so ignore my earlier comment. I really like the scheme, too – the blue-green is a lovely hue, and sets off the black detailing and accents really nicely to give a semi-realistic look which is entirely appropriate to the Alphas.

I thought I'd show off a few aborted projects and a preview of my next project – not quite as exciting as Bob_Hunk's (man, those Deathwing are gonna look awesome!)

First up, Vedder's Vultures, a mechanised regiment that was never to be, as I got swept up in AT-43 and then sidelined by many other projects:

Really nice little models, I think (they're the standard Pig Iron infantry).

Next, a Field Engineer repaint from Echo Company, my AT-43 UNA force:

Finally, a tribeskroot from the Kindred of the Bloody Moon. This kindred has got mixed up in a blood debt with a rather nasty Craftworld...
    The paint scheme's a bit up in the air at the moment, because I have to find something that's going to look good on both Kroot and Eldar. I'd appreciate any suggestions.
    Imperium Secundus
    Rebuilding painting blogs

Industrious, bionically-enhanced member of the Plastic Crack Rehab Clinic

Hah, sweet, last time I saw Snazgutz he was still being green-stuffed. Lookin' good, plus he's so fat he's not going to be able to get away fast enough when Nuzzgrond comes to duff him up!
    The Kroot scheme is looking good Apologist, I think it's a bit different from the last one you had when you were initially waving your Kroot around, right? Wasn't it dark green before?

Quote Originally Posted by omricon View Post
    Cheers Hicks.

By the way I really like the photo in your portrait Hicks, I assume its a model you own? Very darth vader

I wish I could paint my Steel Legion that well. My avatar is in fact a drawing of a SL lieutenant. I found it on the Lexicanum in the german section for the SL.
    When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming like the other people in his car.

Got those old 5th edition lizardmen collecting dust? PM me, I really need more metal skinks with javelins.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast