-- Update December 2012 --
I've been painting and posting miniatures on warseer since the beginning of 2008, starting project logs for different ongoing army projects. Lately I've begun painting more one-off minis, boardgames and stuff that doesn't really fit into any one log. I also feel lousy about leaving some of my cherished threads to hang while I'm working on other projects. To simplify matters for myself and to have one proper place to put photos of any miniature that I paint I've merged all my threads into one. You can see which thread was originally being replied to in the title line of each post.
Here's an index into some of what's of interest in this log:
Chaos Space Marines
This has been my biggest project from the start, my first actual warhammer army and the one that gets me the most inspired to do conversions and special personal minis.
Since I've long surpassed a tournament sized army I now give each model more time and try to make everything a little bit unique. As a result updates here have been super slow lately.
There are two things mainly going on now. One is using the heads off the Fantasy Chaos Marauder Horsemen sprue, converted into Space Marine heads and helmets with wires, earpieces, bionic eyes, etc. added for 40K effect. The other is taking Rouge Trader era plastic Space Marines and converting them into Plague Marines. Sometime in the far far future they might make up their own tournament army.
My current Red & Bone Chaos Space Marines:
- Two Angry Bearded Berzerkers with excessive chaos trinkets
- Terminator Lord w/Lightning Claws (WIP), here and here
- Chaos Raptors with converted marauder helmets
- Khornate Daemonically Posessed Land Raider with skulls and Bloodletters (and Rhino above))
- First Dark Vengeance unit - Chosen
- Dark Vengeance Lord (and some army shots below)
- Dark Vengeance Helbrute
- Unit of 10 Plaguebearers and Herald of Khorne in Chariot
- Whole unit of 21 Plaguebearers with Herald of Nurgle
Rogue Trader style Plague Marines (2008-2009):
My old Red & Black Chaos Space Marines (2008):
- Original five Raptors and two winged champions
- Terminator w/HUGE icon and Lightning Claws
- Terminator Squad
- Full army shot of my first finished 1500 pts
- Juggernaut mounted Lord
Technicolor Orcs and Goblins
This is the army I've painted most for the last year or two. I want it to be painted to a fairly high standard using proper blending, NMM and really bright eye-catching colors. It's more or less conversion free and my focus is exlusively on painting them well.
- Fanatic and start of O&G army
- First regiment of Night Goblins with NMM and everything (and fixed a little)
- Shamans - Orc & Night Goblin
- Arachnarok Spider (finally properly finished)
- AoW Goblin King
- Boar Boys - all ten of them
- AoW Orc Brute
- Savage Orc Great Shaman, Mounted
- Two Fanatics and a Black Orc Big Boss
- Savage Orc Big Boss and 30 Night Goblins
Poisoned Arrow Stealers - Tyranid army
A super-speed paint army I started for a Tale of 40K Painters and also to make use of the old old Space Hulk Stealers. Took inspiration from nature, using patterns off of Blue Poison Dart Frogs on the stealers' backs. Still some to do there but sadly never seems of highest importance.
I've done some one-off models and competition entries where I've tried to push my limits a bit. Here are a couple.
- Competition Entry: Salamander Terminator - step by step painting
- Space Hulk OSL Diorama
- Dark Vengeance Chosen on a display base
- Hasslefree Summer (cheerleader) on a cliff
- Chaos Sorcerer Lord on display base
- OSL Orc Shaman from Avatars of War
This is my new favorite thing, board games with detailed miniatures. They're each a nice little (or big) confined project, and when you're done you're done (until that next expansion).
- Fantasy Flight's Mansions of Madness
- Chaos in the Old World - four chaos gods
- Chaos in the Old World - horned rat and whole set
- Super Dungeon Explore - first set of Kobolds complete
- SDE - baby dragons and treasure chests
- SDE - all Heroes from original boxed set
- SDE - Starfire Dragon (also fixed and finished)
- SDE - Whole set (4 player)
- SDE - 3D board tiles