Page 155 of 155 FirstFirst ... 55 105 145 153 154 155
Results 3,081 to 3,097 of 3097

Thread: Solun's Tabletop & Board Game Miniatures

Re: Solun's Tabletop & Board Game Miniatures

I really like the Goblins. You've done a cracking job on them.

As for the Bear Clan, I think I'd give some of them a variation in hair colour but (if you're lazy) you could make up some history about how the tribes members have only ever had blonde hair - other shades are not allowed into the warrior caste, etc.

Great Night Goblins. The variation of colours you've used on their clothing really makes them stand out. Looking forward to seeing more of them completed.
    2017 Models Bought - 28 2018 Models Bought - 0
    2017 Models Painted - 44 2018 Models Painted - 0
    2017 Models Built - 72 2018 Models Built - 3
    Lead/plastic/resin pile currently standing at 557 unpainted models

@DaemonSlave: Thank you! As board game pieces it can be helpful to have their hair color all the same. The Raven clan (blue) just looks really good with exactly that blonde hair, so I'm thinking of changing all of these to a darker color, but if they're distinctive anough once I've painted the others I'll probably go for variation, as that will look more natural on this clan.

@tcmainprize: Thanks! Too bad these are sort of the last ones
    Well, actually the best ones are yet to come, but here is a full army picture from a while back. There are even more by now.

I cleaned up the yellow a bit on the shields and icons and finished the bases. These goblins are now ready.

The shaman with the checkered hood is kind of my favorite right now.

Blood Rage Bear Clan is now finished, except they may need another pass of dark grey on the base rims, and I may change their hair color once I've painted up the other clans.

I'm working on fixing the image links in my old posts, basically finding the original photos and re-editing and uploading them. So right now all image links are broken from page 5 to page 59 (so I've finished 4 pages), but I'm hoping to close that gap by the end of the year.
    Last edited by Solun Decius; 22-10-2017 at 01:23.
    Check out the Tale of Board Game Painters in the group project logs!

All my miniature painting in one combined log - index in first post - 40K CSM, Fantasy O&G, Boardgames and other random stuff

Quote Originally Posted by tcmainprize View Post
    Great Night Goblins. The variation of colours you've used on their clothing really makes them stand out.
    I second this. The variation of colours is really effective.

As I've said elsewhere, I'm envious of your ability to paint eyes, but now I'll add checkerboard patterns to that list!

Doi

Quote Originally Posted by silverstu View Post
    Doi is the worst btw...

His NMM is also pretty sleak

Very nice! I'm assuming it's the curse of photobucket that's causing your problems with the pics, there was a clever but simple way to deal with it that I read on the forums (after I had sorted all my pics out of course) which will save you loads of time and effort.

Basically it was just putting an extra / or something in the photobucket link, but dammit can I find the post when I'm looking for it!

FOUND IT

From Ash on one of the photobucket threads;

'Not sure how long before this gets blocked, basically Photobucket have replaced the link address destinations with their holding image, so they are essentially still third party hosting; if you go into edit post and adjust the code by inserting ~original between .jpg and [/img] as in .jpg~original[/img] then the original picture will show again...'

Apparently it did work, not sure if it still does (give it a try before shifting all your pics).
    Last edited by Daemonslave; 22-10-2017 at 10:46.

I can confirm that fix works. It's what I do in my plog.

Doi

Quote Originally Posted by silverstu View Post
    Doi is the worst btw...

@Doi: Thank you very much. I always wanted this army to represent a sort of rag tag bunch, throwing on capes from whichever cloth (using whichever dye) they could get their hands on.

@Urgat: Thanks! Although I feel lately that my NMM is slipping. I need to take a good session to really find it again.

@Daemonslave: Thank you very much. Sadly this is not the problem I'm having, because it's kind of my own fault. I'm using imageshack, but for a long time I would use their anonymous service, which was really quick, where you just upload an image and get a link, but don't have it linked to any account. Once they gradually stopped supporting this the images disappeared, and I had no connection to them through my account. I should have seen it coming and saved the images and re-uploaded them, but alas, now I'm stuck with re-editing and re-uploading them. My collection of originals is pretty good though, so it's going to work out. I've already tried changing the links to the current style of links, but that only works for the newest ones, which are in my actual account, not the old ones that I uploaded anonymously.

On the upside, working through this means re-reading a lot of my posts from years ago, seeing how productive I actually was in the hobby once. Maybe it'll inspire me to be again

I've put first layers of yellow hues on the blood rage fire giant:

And no, it's not going to be a yellow giant (or a jolly green one), but but I'd better get every layer smooth and solid from the beginning, since everything will probably show through a little in the end.

All my miniature painting in one combined log - index in first post - 40K CSM, Fantasy O&G, Boardgames and other random stuff

And the layers are going on very little by very little, back and forth, just the two colors (and plenty more blending and layering yet to be done).

I'm hoping to get a long solid session in tomorrow. Hoping for some finished minis after that

Chapter Master Garanaul the Black's Avatar
    In the not too distant future, next Sunday A.D.....

That looks ace, I really like your style and color schemes
    We saved Mystery Science Theater 3000! Season 11 is on Netflix NOW!

SEASON 12 WAS CONFIRMED AT THE VERY END OF THE TURKEY DAY MARATHON! *swoon*

It's on Random: A mostly CSM PLOG

Quote Originally Posted by Solun Decius View Post
    @Urgat: Thanks! Although I feel lately that my NMM is slipping. I need to take a good session to really find it again.
    You know, comparing my more "accurate" NMM, with the smoother gradients and shadings, in short, the best ones technically, with the crudder ones, I find that I actually prefer the cruder ones. I'm not really making a point here, I'm just pointing it out.

@Garanaul the Black: Thank you very much.

@Urgat: That is a point, and I agree that a good non-blended, sort of comic-shaded, or a rough, crude type of blend can look really good on a mini. The placement of shadow and highlight must still be perfect for good NMM and I'm trying to get a feel for that again. I'm just a bit out of practice.

I took a break from "the endless blend" and started the other two 2nd age monsters for Blood Rage.

Yes, there are massive horrible mold lines on the Valkyrie. No, I'm probably not going to do anything about them except paint over them.
    I'm really like how the Dark Elf is shaping up though.

Quote Originally Posted by Solun Decius View Post
    Yes, there are massive horrible mold lines on the Valkyrie. No, I'm probably not going to do anything about them except paint over them.
    Somehow I doubt it

Quote Originally Posted by Urgat View Post
    Somehow I doubt it
    Alright, you've convinced me. Fixed some, not all

Pretty sure me not posting would have held the same result, I just can't see you painting a mini with such big mold lines for more than a few minutes and being able to tolerate it

@Urgat: Maybe. Not sure though. I'm getting pretty lax about mold lines. i try to get the worst ones, but then i just paint over them or ignore them a lot of the time.

No update for a long time. So long that I didn't feel like wasting time photographing or updating until I had something finished to present.

So here are the Blood Rage 2nd Age Monsters, Valkyrie, Fire Giant and Dark Elf:

I would really like to take a photo of the Fire Giant on a black background. I think the lava skin and flame blade will stand out that much more in darkness.
    I'm also really hoping to have time to paint a lot during the holiday break, but only time will tell

Chapter Master Garanaul the Black's Avatar
    In the not too distant future, next Sunday A.D.....

Nice work Solun!

I also hope you get to do a lot of painting over the holiday break!
    We saved Mystery Science Theater 3000! Season 11 is on Netflix NOW!

SEASON 12 WAS CONFIRMED AT THE VERY END OF THE TURKEY DAY MARATHON! *swoon*

It's on Random: A mostly CSM PLOG

Page 155 of 155 FirstFirst ... 55 105 145 153 154 155