Ok, I've always toyed with the idea of a Napoleonic style Empire army, but never had time nor cash to do anything about it. Then I came across Perry Bros. plan to do plastic Nepoleonic troops. 36 28mm multi-part plastic models for around 12-15. What's not to like? Got even more inspired when visiting an exhibit at a local museum about battles around this area against the Russians in 1808.

I've tried to find out about good (even cheesy) Empire gunlines, but there's very little in the way of actual lists. Only one I found was someone telling about some guy who took 90 hangunners (in units of 10) along with a steam tank and I guess it had some wizards in the mix as well.

I wanted something a little characterful. But only a little. Only could come up with this and little alterations of it. But got any any other ideas apart from not doing it?

General of the Empire:
-General
-Full Plate Armour, Pistol, Shield
-Runefang
-Warhorse, Barding
= 225pts.

Plan to use him mostly as a source for Ld. behind the ranks, only charging into battle when needed.

Captain of the Empire:
-BSB
-Full Place Armour
-Imperial Banner
= 183pts.

Also suppose to hand at the back and give aid to the static troops with the banner.

2x Battle Wizzard:
-Lvl. 2
-2x Dispel Scroll
= 150pts.

Pure magical defence, if nothing else. They can also cast some spells if needed.

5x Handgunners (10x):
-Musician
-Marksman, Hochland Long Rifle
-Detachment, 5x Halberdiers
-Detachment, 5x Handgunners
= 175pts.

I don't have much experience on Empire detachments, so I've had to work mostly on heresay. The main body does the gunning. Long Rifles can target characters and champions in units. A long shot (no pun intended), but you never know). Handgunner attachment is suppose to gun too, but also stand-and-shoot if the enemy reaches the lines. Halberdiers countercharge with some S4 hacking to support if everything else fails.

4x Great Cannon:
= 100pts.

What's a gunline without cannons?

Total of 1983pts.

I'm sure many will deem this as weak or non-functional on many levels, but it's the best I've managed to come up with. This thread is not so much about the list, as about other lists. So got a better idea, post it and explain how to use it. Everyone is free to do it.