Hello my fellow Warseers, and welcome to my second project log.

With the Orks finished with (for the moment at least), it's time to work on the army I'll be taking to the next Tempus Fugitives campaign weekend...the Deathwing.

This project has been on the back burner for a good 6-8 months, and appeared briefly in the PCRC upcoming projects thread. But now I need to have it ready by September, it's become my main project with its own dedicated log. The campaign weekend calls for three lists; 1000, 1500 and 3000 points respectively, so I've decided to try and get one of these finished each month across June, July and August. Thankfully we don't have to use the lists simultaneously, so each will build on the models in the previous list.

But there's a twist...I'm only going to be using 1st edition models from the 'Rogue Trader' era, simply because I love the models! For quite some time I've been carefully harvesting these original metal Terminators from eBay. The appropriate solegends page is here. I now have all the models I need for all the lists, and overall this has cost me around 50% of what it would have done if I'd assembled the army from the latest plastics.

Now, with regards to colour scheme, I wanted to avoid the modern bone-white, and go for a more old-school pure white, as seen in these pictures from the time. Also, the Deathwing originally had a "Native American" theme, which I plan to subtly incorporate into the heraldry.

Here are few shots of a test model I did, using a spare 2nd edition metal.

So those are my opening thoughts on the project, now onto my current progress on the initial 1000 point force. For those interested, here comes the army list. No comments on efficiency please, I have to work with what eBay provides! I think I've managed to devise something fun though...

Recon Force 1000 points

HQ

White Eagle, Captain of the Deathwing
- Master of the Deathwing (130), Terminator Armour, Storm Bolter, Sword of Silence (0)
(130)

ELITES

Grey Bear, Venerable Dreadnought
- Dreadnought (125), Venerable (20), Plasma Cannon (0), Dreadnought CC Weapon (0)
(145)

TROOPS

Squad Four Deaths, Deathwing Terminator Squad
- Deathwing Terminator Squad (215), Assault Cannon (30), 2 Chainfists (10), 1 pair of Lightning Claws (0)
(255)

Squad Vengeance Walks, Deathwing Terminator Squad
- Deathwing Terminator Squad (215), Cyclone Missile Launcher (20)
(235)

Squad Hunting Coyote, Deathwing Terminator Squad
- Deathwing Terminator Squad (215), Cyclone Missile Launcher (20)
(235)

TOTAL (1000)