Thread: Priory Angels 5th Company

Priory Angels 5th Company

This is my first project log, so I wanted to start a new company of space marines in my Priory Angels Chapter. I have enough troops to make 6+ companies. The Chapter is Codex divergent. Basically, I play all the SM chapters and wanted to mix them all together using different kMarine rulesets for each company. I plan on using this as my attempt to motivate myself to paint up an entire Company.

I use mostly Black Templar models and interchange bits from all sets which makes it difficult to put squad marking consistently on each Marine. The color scheme for the Chapter is roughly what you see from this incomplete "tyranid hunter" test model:

The color scheme for the 5th Company however is going to be purple with brass trim and yellow squad markings. Below are test models, I decided to go with the one on the right. Mostly because the one on the left was done with Liche Purple and Purple ink and the one on the right was done with Hormagaunt Purple and Leviathan Purple, and since the new washes will replace the inks, I figured it was better for consistency. Although I already have a squad done in the old colors (They'll just be a squad in my 6th Company). Other reason are: My girlfriend likes it better, and the greyish color gives it more of an armour feel.
    Last edited by VikingThor; 13-06-2008 at 22:27.

Re: Priory Angels 5th Company

Great stuff so far but it would be better to get some more pics from different angels, also get some more models up there! you cant start a log with 1 model! they don't have to be painted just show us some stuff!
    If you like the Horus Heresy, mediocre painting and terrible camera work, check out my plog! For The Emperor and Sanguinius!

Mat Ward Fact #1432- To appease the few wargamers dissatisfied with his work, Mat Ward has used his own money to set up a help-line for them to call. Please dial 1-800-WHOGIVESA****
    Guild up to join the Mat Ward Defence League!

Quote Originally Posted by VikingThor View Post
    I have enough troops to make 6+ companies.
    You my good sir, are completely mad! Want to see how this progresses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fobster View Post
    Hehe. This made my day. I can just imagine you crying impotent nerd tears onto your keyboard. Good times.

Brother Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by VikingThor View Post
    This is my first project log, so I wanted to start a new company of space marines in my Priory Angels Chapter. I have enough troops to make 6+ companies.
    madness! sheer madness!!!!
    NOW TAKING COMMICIONS,
    2-4 POUND FOR TABLETOP QUALITY WITH HIGHLIGHTS AND SHADING.
    3-8POUNDS FOR MOUNTED STUFF.
    8-16POUNDS FOR OGRE SIZE MODELS AND ABOVE.
    16....POUNDS FOR MONSTER LIKE DRAGONS AND THINGS LIKE THAT.

Quote Originally Posted by hard94 View Post
    madness!
    Madness?!

THIS...

IS...

SPARTA!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fobster View Post
    Hehe. This made my day. I can just imagine you crying impotent nerd tears onto your keyboard. Good times.

...this is sparta....marine

But as promised, here are the pics of what I managed to accomplish over the past few nights. I wanted to test out the foundation paints and new washes (also am afraid they will discontinue the inks). Base coat of Hormagaunt Purple. Wash of Leviathan Purple mixed in equal parts with water. Added straight Leviathan Purple to recessed areas. Let dry. Block Highlight again with Hormagaunt Purple, and then another Leviathan wash with 50% water.

And here are some pics of other stuff I've built so far for the 5th Company. It includes both assault squads, a devastator squad, a few more sergeants and the captain.

here is a closeup of the captain:
    Last edited by VikingThor; 13-06-2008 at 22:53.

Additionally, here are some closeups of the sergeants:

and finally, a family picture of a fully assembled 6th company to hold you over until I start that log. You can see some of the 9th company to the right and some standard bearers/command guys to the left.
    Last edited by VikingThor; 14-06-2008 at 02:50.

Holy crap !

He speaks the truth !

Brother Sergeant

avesome models.
    NOW TAKING COMMICIONS,
    2-4 POUND FOR TABLETOP QUALITY WITH HIGHLIGHTS AND SHADING.
    3-8POUNDS FOR MOUNTED STUFF.
    8-16POUNDS FOR OGRE SIZE MODELS AND ABOVE.
    16....POUNDS FOR MONSTER LIKE DRAGONS AND THINGS LIKE THAT.

So, I worked a little more and determined on the next group, I HAVE to put the bolters on last, as it was a royal pain to get the chest eagles. I never really noticed it before because I like Templars better so most of my guys have bolt pistol and chainsword. I added a Tin Bitz basecoat to the guns and Brazen brass to the shoulder pad trim and chest emblems.

Also, I spent so much time removing the mold lines that it's pretty disappointing that some remained and stick out some much in pictures.

Group Shot of 1st Tactical squad of 5th Company with completed armour, and basecoated guns, shoulder pads, and chest emblems.

You should build those six companies and then play epic with them on the 25mm scale ^_^
    Quote Originally Posted by L192837465 View Post
    i've gotta say that that happens to be CROTCHSWORD, SLAYER OF WORLDS!

Man that's a lot of marines!! Looking good so far. Really like your color choice. I do think you need a complementry color as well. Maybe a dark yellow.

I"m planning on using dark yellow for the squad markings actually. Meant to go out and get the washes today but never made it, so i'll just have to work on eyes and purity seals next.

And here are the eyes and purity seals:

Wow!! that is awesome.. can hardly wait to see them finished.

Almost done with 1st Tactical Squad. I feel pretty good that the armour, purity seals, guns, and eyes are finished. All I think is left is highlighting should pad trim & Squad markings (which I count as separate from armour), and bases. Here's a group photo.

and the Sergeant says, "Cheeese"

very cool mate, thats one big boatload of marines you've got there, look forward to more on this. Good luck