This is my first project log, so I wanted to start a new company of space marines in my Priory Angels Chapter. I have enough troops to make 6+ companies. The Chapter is Codex divergent. Basically, I play all the SM chapters and wanted to mix them all together using different kMarine rulesets for each company. I plan on using this as my attempt to motivate myself to paint up an entire Company.
I use mostly Black Templar models and interchange bits from all sets which makes it difficult to put squad marking consistently on each Marine. The color scheme for the Chapter is roughly what you see from this incomplete "tyranid hunter" test model:
The color scheme for the 5th Company however is going to be purple with brass trim and yellow squad markings. Below are test models, I decided to go with the one on the right. Mostly because the one on the left was done with Liche Purple and Purple ink and the one on the right was done with Hormagaunt Purple and Leviathan Purple, and since the new washes will replace the inks, I figured it was better for consistency. Although I already have a squad done in the old colors (They'll just be a squad in my 6th Company). Other reason are: My girlfriend likes it better, and the greyish color gives it more of an armour feel.