Page 1 of 496 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: V5.0 Eldar Tactica

V5.0 Eldar Tactica

Seeing as how the rules final and widely disseminated
    I think its time to start the new thread

Feel free to Discuss and debate any ideas you may have.

Also below you will find an eldar tactica guide originally posted here by Irisado.

http://warseer.com/forums/showthread...68#post2840168
    Last edited by MrLiy; 08-08-2008 at 00:01.
    Heading to Tokyo? Want some free advice?
    Head to http://2lostintokyo.blogspot.com for great tips!
    <

Veteran Sergeant

Re: V5.0 Eldar Tactica

Can someone explain to me, why DA and Scatterlasers get better with the new rules for cover?
    <

Brother Sergeant

Thanks for reporting your findings. I think the good old 5-6 Fire Dragoons in a Wave Serpent or Falcon for the 8 +2D6 fusion guns or bright lances will be the solution to Land Raiders. Monoliths get even harder to kill.
    <

I just resently startd playing 40K and I was origanlly CSM, but that changed when my friend sold me his eldar army for only $100. I very new at this game and have only been in a few battles. Last night I out lived a necron army but 2 army of CSM finished me. I was wondering if anyone could help me better understand how to play Eldar and what I should do to improve on my playing with the new rules coming out so soon.
    <

Thrown it's not necessarily that Scatter Laser gets better. It's just that Starcannon gets so much worse. The selling point of the starcannon is AP2 which ignores marine armour. But with the new rules it's easy to get a cover save. Which hurts the effectivness of the starcannon quite a lot.

Scatter Laser on the other hand is unfaced by it since it always had to to fight against the marine 3+ armour
    Quote Originally Posted by Starchild
    Murphy is the most powerful of all the Chaos Gods.
    Eldar Kill Team | Mech Combat Patrol | Eldar on Foot
    fengors eldar warforge: Nightwing
    <

Fengor I saw you on another thread, the one about the Tau and the Eldar siding. YOu were vauge.
    <

what do you mean wind? I'm playing Eldar. being vague is our prerogative
    Quote Originally Posted by Starchild
    Murphy is the most powerful of all the Chaos Gods.
    Eldar Kill Team | Mech Combat Patrol | Eldar on Foot
    fengors eldar warforge: Nightwing
    <

Yeah fengor made my point for me
    AP weapons took a huge blow in this edition, but left multi shot weapons relatively untouched. This made the decion of low AP vs high shot volume pretty easy in my opinion. So now rather than sprinkling a variety of APand multi shot weapons in your army you can just stock up on multishot and use the savings to purchase more (you guessed it) multi shot weapons, or some more antitank. I no longer feel like I need one list for MEQand one list for GEQ
    <

I'm contemplating purchasing the Scorpion grav tank or a Revenant Titan. Does the Scorpion grav tank have shields like the titan?
    <

So with the new true LOS rules does that mean Dire Avengers cant disembark from a WaveSerpesnt and shoot at a target thats in front of thier transport?
    <

from my understanding they still can so serpent of fury is still valid
    <

Librarian suprememidgetoverlord's Avatar

You can shoot from behind a transport, but only if the transport is on a flying stand thats high enough, true line of sight means you bend down to see if the model can see, and transports on short flying stands DO block LOS.

And it also means your enemy can see your feet, therefore he can shoot at you! But you can claim a cover save, if you are partially behind said transport.

Amount of fire will probably be better than low AP for the reasons given above, cover saves everywhere, and having played my first 5th game this week i'm going to have to agree.

Cant wait to try warwalkers, with scatter lasers. The range is pretty good, the model itself is high enough to get a good view over the battlefield, and now they can claim cover saves, making them much more durable.

Mix with farseer with guide/fortune and your opponents will cry. Thats what i'm trying next game!
    Quote Originally Posted by brimstone View Post
    Well my IQ has been lowered after reading this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Pretty sure its Rabbit this year.
    Warhammer Armies : Rabbits!
    <

Chapter Master The_Dragon_Rising's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by suprememidgetoverlord View Post
    You can shoot from behind a transport, but only if the transport is on a flying stand thats high enough, true line of sight means you bend down to see if the model can see, and transports on short flying stands DO block LOS.
    Yes that is true- i had to find all my stands when i played my last game, first time ive used them.
    <

So with the changes in LoS (for Wave Serpents and Dire Avengers, for instance), what's the best fix to this? Do you zip up your WS and sling it around sideways (or partially sideways), jump everyone out off to the side and just try to kill anyone that might be close to it's back arc? Or just find a bigger/higher base so they can shoot underneath it without incident (anyone tried that?), maybe?

I just got very, very, very, lucky with the price on a few Wave Serpents, Falcons, and Dire Avenger boxes, and I'm trying to fiddle with it and see if I can toss it all together and end up with a decent little army. What I keep and what I sell off will at least partially depend on how decent the "Serpent flies up, Avengers pile out, Avengers, shoot the crap out of stuff" tactic still works.
    <

Are there transport which are on "high flying stands"? Lol... I do not remember any transport having such high stand, i mean if the stands are so "high", the troops cannot disembark either. @.@

Anyway, you could always argue the tank float itself higher up for my troops to fire.
    A tribute to Slannesh.

Run Devil Run
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8uH1seeCL8

For more Girls' Generation, go to the thread below.
    http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=247293
    <

Quote Originally Posted by elvinltl View Post
    Anyway, you could always argue the tank float itself higher up for my troops to fire.
    That's exactly the point being made - No you can't. Unless you can see them, your tank is that low full stop. You can't just assume it moves for your men now. Fail.
    Brute Force: If It Isn't Working, You're Not Trying Hard Enough.

Lvl17 Geek / Lvl2 Nerd - I'm One Away From Epic!
    <

Chaplain

Do people think that 5th edition allows for armies with more skimmers?

In 4th i never took more than i could hide behind size 3 terrain turn 1. Now that is more difficult to hide them will there be safety in numbers? I am considering 6 skimmers in 2000pts as i think they will all be able to get cover saves first turn.
    <

The hour of the warwalker is clearly at hand (as if it wasn't already ). Cover saves make scatter lasers even more important, and the fragile walkers can park in area terrain and get cover saves themselves - can't pen what you can't hit!

I think the fire prism gets worse overall. No more glance only for SMF means it will die more easily. The blast rules mean it will hit less reliably. However, it now ranks above the falcon because it only has one main gun, so it can move fast and retain full effectiveness. And the blast rules aren't a total loss - the Prism is known for suffering from Railhead syndrome, where its single shot always rolls a 1 or 2. Now at least you have multiple chances to hit. It's only a 1/3 chance to hit where you aim, but if you don't you have a chance to hit something at least.

Missile launchers go from a cheap, versatile weapon, to crap. They were already iffy against AV13 and AV14, and now that glances don't do jack they're even worse. And scatter on such a wussy little blast as the plasma missile makes it not worth bothering.
    "That thou wouldst bring them only death,/ That thou shouldst spare none,/ That thou shouldst pardon none/ We beseech thee, destroy them."

-Battle Hymn of the Adepta Sororitas
    <

Librarian

Guardian jetbikes are going to be fantastic troops choices now, and shining spears will be fantastic anti-tank units Vs everything but land raiders and monoliths.
    <

Quote Originally Posted by Ixe View Post
    Missile launchers go from a cheap, versatile weapon, to crap. They were already iffy against AV13 and AV14, and now that glances don't do jack they're even worse. And scatter on such a wussy little blast as the plasma missile makes it not worth bothering.

I Disagree. Put a EML on a falcon and you now have 2 weapons with the same range and STR firing at a target. With the new STR 4 defensive weapon rule, you can still fire the Plasma missle on the go while firing the pulse laser.
    I understand that scatter is going to be bad off of a BS 3, but most likely you are not going to keep your Falcon still and try o fire your pulse laser scatter laser combo.
    This Falon build was used against me last night and it worked well. The guy I played also had his viper set up with an EML and Shuriken cannon. Both played well.
    My 2014 Record
    Ultramarines W 0/D 0/L
    Guard W 0/D 0/L 0
    Eldar W 0/D 0/L 0

I have a perfect record of zero games played this year......................................Man this year sucked!!:cries:
    <

Page 1 of 496 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast