great weapon
armour of gork

black orc warboss
+5 ward (boss hat)
armed to the teeth
battle brew
heavy armour
shield

the black orc warboss is 15 points more expensive than the savage, gains WS, loses T and will most likely be frenzied too and maybe have hatred... or just be stupid...

for the past year i've been running my 2250 force with the savage orc warboss... he's done me well... 5 S7 attacks and being as tough as a steam tank look good on paper and decimate enemies on the field...

on a whim i decided to use a spiffy black orc model as general... give me a chance to dust him off and see how he fared in this new incarnation of warhammer...

he done good...

i must say i enjoy the image of a previously sane black orc warboss popping the cork of a noxious brew before each battle to be as frenzied as the troops he goes to war with... hacking enemies to pieces in his drug-induced hatred... or drooling slightly and having trouble remembering his battle plan...

my savage orc warboss is just that... very straightforward, cheap in points and... well, a bit plain... as plain as a savage orc can get, i guess... though i do enjoy him greatly...

so... what is your take on the situation... which of these fellas appeals to you as a gamer? which would you rather have head your army or an army set against you?

i'm interested to hear what you have to say...