Got a game in against a nid list
3x3 warriors with bone swords
slow, stupid, heavy gun type thing. tyrannofex?
- he focused alot on having str 10 ranged attacks with the zoanthropes and tyrannofex. I don't know about the tyrant as it was the first thing to die.
i was playing
2x shooty squad with AC
1x assault squad with x3LC and x2TH
mortis with AC
dread with plasma cannon and heavy flamer
dread with lascannon and missile launcher
Deployment was the half/half type. Dawn of war?
I lost the dread with the LC and ML in the last turn. He was left with 1 zoanthrope in CC with the assualty squad, 1 zoanthrope just hanging out in front of the firing squad, and the tyrannofex type deal on it's last wound. Game ended on turn 5.
Big mistakes on his part:
- Forgetting to specify what was not in reserve and forgetting to bring in his army on turn 1.
- Funneling his forces through the terrain for me to shoot apart easily.
- Deep striking the Trygon right between his army and mine. There wasn't much else to shoot at that turn other than the Trygon.
- Trying to goad me with "You're the only person i know that only fights a retreat. You never advance." While true, it seems to have annihilated his army.
Mistakes for me:
- If I had known about the 3x3 zoanthropes, a librarian might have been nice. His shooting with those squads stunned a raider a couple times. This prevented it from wiping out those squads faster. Maybe the hood would have been helpful.
- popping smoke on the 5th turn with the dread might have saved it for a lossless win. But that's just being greedy. War is not without losses.
Getting the hang of fighting big bug lists. It was his "anti-tank 3" list. He expects me to field all the armor i do. I need to change things up a little and get him/me out of the rut.