View Poll Results: Keep Daemonhunters and Witch Hunters seperate or combine them?

Voters
319. You may not vote on this poll
  • Seperate

66 20.69%
  • Combine

253 79.31%
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Codex: Inquisition?

Codex: Inquisition?

Another post like this may have sprung up before and am sorry in advance if it has.

Basically I have seen a lot of Witch Hunters and Daemonhunters stuff being clumped together. Such as in the 2008 Citadel Catalog instead of having them being separate they have just one section called The Inquisition. I also hear that they might be joining Ordo Xenos to the Inquisition codex if at all it comes out. Some of the GW employees in Australia and America have both hinted that they may join. So is it possible and if so what do you think?

Thanks in advance,

Hierarch
    Last edited by Hierarch; 29-07-2008 at 06:19.
    "His word was the roar of thunder,
    His glance was the look of the eagle,
    His might was the strength of the kraken,
    His guile was the cunning of the Wulfen,
    His temper was the death of men." - Saga of Wolf Priest Voltar the Bloody

Re: Codex: Inquisition?

I think that they should be in a unified inquisition codex, but they should definitely be given some more options so that they can be used as independant lists.

one thing that might work is if you have all the ordos and militant forces in the same dex but require a hq choice to unlock each set of units.
    So you'd need a Grey knight HQ to take grey knights, an ordo Xenos inquisitor to take Xenos stuff and so on. Like what they have now but with all the inquisitorial stuff

just an idea
    Last edited by Aurenian; 29-07-2008 at 06:23. Reason: spelling

I think it'd just make it easier.
    Other than GK, Sisters, and Deathwatch, they pretty much use the same meat shield.
    Requiring a HQ choice sounds like a good idea too.

And by the looks of 144 pg Marine Codex coming out. Fitting 3 branches of Inquisition shouldn't be too hard to do in 1 book

Banned

I'd put all 3 in one, saves time, would make the main army section quite thick, and on a whole the entire codex, but would save allot of time and hassle

Yeah I mean I don't see why they shouldn’t join them together. They are after all both parts of the Inquisition.

That idea though about unlocking certain armies with certain HQ's seem like a pretty good idea.

It would be quite handy to have all three in the one book. I like the idea about taking a specific HQ to allow certain units to be taken.
    Veteran of the Psychic Wars

What has he got a tea cosy on his head for?

TOHC

Personally, I think the Sisters should resume being a stand alone army. I dislike (this being the most diplomatic way I could phrase this) the half-ar*ed retcon that took place circa 2004 to explain why they wouldn't give the sisters more units as a stand alone force and why the Ordo Hereticus footnote became the prime focus.

Grey Knights are a different kettle of fish/horse of a different colour. It's not that they don't act independently (which they do) but rather, they most often don't work independently. It's the better part of apocalypse before they show up in large enough numbers to function as an army on their own.
    And so, they could probably remain as par-and-part of the whole =][= ordeal.

Assassins should remain 'allies' to the imperium. That is, an imperial army can take one and only one as a single elite choice. (And leave the stupid 'bring along an Inquisitor to die and waste points' idea on the cutting room floor. Granted the Assassins might need Inquisitorial orders to be deployed but babysitting?)

Another idea is put the Inquisitor in the IG codex, Deathwatch (SM Vets anyone?) in the SM codex and make a Grey Knight Codex and a Sister Codex. Assassins, Daemonhosts, Deathcults, Arcos and Penitents can receive a mini-codex or some-such and then GW is set.
    In all honesty, would anyone be upset?

My 0.02c
    Go back to the ashamedasylum

Scout
    Paradise, Canada Rank: I are Serious Cat! Chaplain: Astrum Lux Lucis starlight - it's for girls!

Although this has been covered many times, let it be said that:

Apparently no final decision has been made...that we will have any books at all, let alone new combi-codices, etc.

What matters are:

1) sales
    2) visibility (presence at conventions and tournaments)

If you want to see something, make sure GW *sees you wanting it*!

Personally, one Inquisition book is the way to go.
    If you love a Redhead, set Her free...if She follows you everywhere, pitches a tent in your front lawn and your new girlfriend disappears, you belong to Her, get used to it .

What you say about other people, says far more about *you* than it does about *other people*.

Check out my ravings at Geek-O-Rama, where I'm now reviewing and covering Geek-related activities. If you see me at a 'Con, come and say Hi.

RIP Jon Wilson/Brimstone. 1967-2009. Memorial for Jon Wilson/Brimstone

Supposedly Grey Knights are permanently attached to Ordo Malleus so that whole Grey Knights codex wouldn’t work out. Though I think they should have a stand alone codex if they were not attached to the Inquisition after all they are a specialized type of Space Marine.

I guess we will just have to wait and find out what they are going to do.

What matters are:

1) sales
    2) visibility (presence at conventions and tournaments)
    so we're screwed (when you consider the overall scheme of things)

Oh wait! there is this..

If you want to see something, make sure GW *sees you wanting it
    ALL of the Inquisition Forums I visit have one major theme in common....the Gamers are very passionate about their chosen armies, be it WH and/or DH, oh and OX as well, so if GW can't 'see us wanting it' then they're both blind and ignorant.

In the end it'll be at least 3 years till we get what we want and crave for.
    You accuse me of being a Madman.
    What right do you have to judge what is sane and what is not?

Chapter Master

I've said before that the ideal situation IMO would be two books: Codex Inquisition and Codex Ecclesiarchy. The inquisition book would have Inquisitors (duh) GKs, Deathwatch, stormtroopers, deathcult assassins etc, while the ecclesiarchy book has SoB, zealots, priests, penient engines, archoflagellants and other funky stuff.
    Mantic Fanatic

Wargamer's Pledge 2011: Final Score 106 Painted / 28 Bought
    Wargamer's Pledge 2012: 2 Painted / 0 Bought

Quote Originally Posted by George Bernard Shaw
    You don't stop playing because you get old, you get old because you stop playing

Rodmillards idea is interesting, however it does nerf those who have a sisters/witch-hunters combination at the moment (unless you just have inquisitors in both books). In fact that works out pretty well...
    Save the Whales!

Quote Originally Posted by unclejoe
    Also, if my mighty Damp Piece of Hay is good enough to kill a magically pumped up enemy, I might decide to stick with the soggy option.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkondak View Post
    Eating daemons might actually be a good idea. If what i hear about the new codex is correct, if you just cook them up with a can of lash spam, they should be cheesy and delicious.

Quote Originally Posted by rodmillard View Post
    I've said before that the ideal situation IMO would be two books: Codex Inquisition and Codex Ecclesiarchy. The inquisition book would have Inquisitors (duh) GKs, Deathwatch, stormtroopers, deathcult assassins etc, while the ecclesiarchy book has SoB, zealots, priests, penient engines, archoflagellants and other funky stuff.
    That sounds like a nice idea too.
    But I still do like the idea of having 1 book focused on the 3 Ordos.
    But then again. Inquisition and Ecclesiarchy is 2 separate dealies...

Combined is fine... as long as they make it possible for players to choose to run with one specific order (if they don't really want to field a mixed force).
    Eldar - 6k, Dark Eldar - 3k, Chaos Marines - 3k, Witchhunters- 2k
    Bretonnians - 3k, Vampire Counts - 5k, Beastmen - 2k

"Mixed 2k Biel-Tan Eldar Army"

VAMPIRE COUNTS.NET

Quote Originally Posted by Kettu View Post
    In all honesty, would anyone be upset?
    Well I would for one. It scatters the Inquisition about all over the place; you've even got Inquisitors and Daemonhosts in different books. That makes no sense.

Create one big book. Have an Inquisition section with all of the purely Inquisitorial stuff, like inquisitors, storm troopers, daemonhosts, zealots, assassins, etc. Then have a section for each militant order; Grey Knights, Sisters and Deathwatch. Then just say you can combine the Inquisition section and any one other section. That allows you to ally the inquisitorial stuff with nay of the Ordo Militants without getting some huge sprawling mix of random stuff from all three Ordos.
    An Exercise in Loyalty - Imperial Guard vs Blood Angels (2000 points), ooh pictures!

Hall of Fame - Best 40k pics old and new.

One book is the way to go, anything else represents splitting them up for no good reason.

If this means the end of pure Grey knight armies, than so be it. I've long felt they simply don't make sense as a stand alone force, where as a Sisters or Inquisitor based force do. I may be biased by remembering the old background, from when they were just an option in the marine codex.
    Occasionally accused of being helpful and constructive.
    One ring Book to rule them all, one ring place to find them, One ring Codex to bring them all, and in the Darkness future bind them. Time for the unified Marine Codex.

COMBINE

We don't need another three codexes about the Imperium thank you very much.
    WARNING: Will insist of playing the Surfin' Bird every time my Lord of Change does something impressive

Combine them lets get all the codex in one go.

Combine - so long as they keep the versitility of equiping an Inq
    Quote Originally Posted by Otep band flyer
    OTEP Should be considered armed [with enlightenement & forbidden wisdom] and extremely dangerous.

The comined option definetly seems most logical. It seems most fitting with fluff that the two could be in the same list. One problem i could see is the sheer amount of units the book would contain.

GW would either have to grin and bear it, making the codex the longest yet or remove some options which means, for example, that $$$$ you spent on your ---> insert army unit here <--- has gone down the drain.

As long as they kept the most fluffy and practical units i wouldn't mind, as well as removing ones from one list that are replaced by the other (for instacne WH land raiders).

p.s. (on a tangent) Oh, and most importantly, when they do release Codex: =I= Please bring out an inquisitor plastic box set as well as nice looking sisters and GK in plastic (not that the existing ones aren't brilliant) it just make conversion easier.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I'm Back...

My Trade Thread

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast