Thread: Rev's 'mostly marines' Showcase

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Rev's 'mostly marines' Showcase

Log Contents:

1 - Army shots & Flesh Tearers
    2 - Blood Ravens
    3 - DIY chapter 'Hellcats'
    4 - Blood Ravens (& Deathwing terminators for spacehulk)
    8 - Plastic Grey knight
    10 - Iron Hands
    35 - Blood Ravens
    38 - Valkyries
    46 - Eldar
    50 - Vulture with punisher cannons
    53 - Blood Ravens command squad
    55 - Blood Ravens Assault squad
    58 - Ltd edition collection
    59 - Noise marines Slaaanesh
    73 - Blood Ravens Land speeders & Eldar Wraithlord
    74 - Dryad Blood Bowl Team
    75 - Pre Heresey Thousand Sons
    79 - Comprehensive basing resource for gamers
    80 - Imperial guard veteran platoon
    85 - Space wolf 'Wolf wing' 25 terminators & LR
    98 - Lisbeth Frame
    99 - Eldar warlocks
    100 - Thousand sons
    102 - Kit bashed Sgt Harker Imperial Guard
    103 - Space wolves MK2 B FW Land raider & Ceastus Assault ram
    106 - Thousand sons army finished.
    107 - Grey knights
    112 - Howling Griffon & Imperial Fist
    113 - Salamander captain
    114 - Grey knight interceptors
    115 - Ultramarine Terminator
    116 - Khorne Terminator
    117 - Crimson Fist 25th Anniversary model
    118 - Inquisitor & retinue
    119 - Inquisitor & retinue
    120 - Sanguinary guard
    121 - 2012 Warhammer World Guest display
    122 - Ulthwe Eldar Warlocks & Empire general
    123 - High Elves Blood bowl team WIP
    124 - 2012 Warhammer World Guest display
    125 - Grey Knight reinforcements
    126 - Minotaurs

Army Group Shots

Fleshtearers.

This was a 1500 pt army I did when the BA minidex was released. It was really powerful all jump pack flying circus. Should be rocking hard now the new BA dex is out! Living in the north of England.

Blood Ravens

This army was originally 1500pts but grew to around 1850+ over time. Of all my marine armies I enjoyed playing with this one on the table top the most. Simple but brutal. No tricks, nothing to hide. I've never ever regretted running 2 full heavy bolter squads, lethal no matter who you face! This army lives in Norway.

Since pictured above, I added a number of commissioned units and eventually they looked like this:

Iron Hands

Designed to incooperate all the bits about the 5th ed dex I liked the look of. Combat squadding bikers as troops, HQ on a bike with a relic blade, 3 drop pods spewing out 20 marines and a drednought, cheap 60pt predators and dual flamer landspeeders. Very happy with this army, lives in Australia. SOLD

Eldar

This is the first eldar army I ever did, recently reaquired for photgraphs. Its 1800 pts, used way back before the current dex came out. Lots of conversions and magnets, it won a fair few awards in its day - you might have seen it on the conflict circuit 5 years ago where it cleaned up on best army awards and netted me quite a few free toys as a result! Living in the USA.

Last edited by rev; 10-10-2013 at 11:01.

Re: Rev's 'mostly marines' Showcase

Slaanesh Noise marines
    This is a labour of love. Have you ever tried to make one of these noise marine hybrid kits? How about pinning and greenstuffing 22 of the buggers? What a pain - but all in all a really tasty fluffy themed army to play with. I love the claws on the possessed land raider, reflecting its terminator cargo all armed with lightning claws. I love the rhinos which I've boxed out the rear ends of and turned into amplifiers, and the speakers for doors. All in all - thoroughly pleased and now they live in the Midlands!

It's about 1500-1750 points depending on exact makeup.

Saim Hann Eldar
    This army was to prove to my wife that spending a fortune on an airbrush was worthwhile! I rebased and re sprayed some of the Saim Hann Eldar in late 2011. They featured in the cabinets at warhammer world Dec 2011 - Feb 2012. With 20+ fire dragons and the same again of dire avengers this is a MEQ killing nightmare! Now living in California USA.

The picture below was the first incarnation, but I since rebased and added 1500 points of footdar.

Here is how they looked when they sat in warhammer world;

Wolf Wing
    A commissioned 1500 point (ish) Wolf guard based wolf wing led by Logan Grimnar. Logan is converted from FW's commander Culln and a FW SW torso. The dual lightning claw battle leader gets Cullns bare head though. There is a spear casting Rune priest who can also double up as a lone wolf to vary the list. Interestingly everysingle one of the 24 wolf guard is armed uniquely to give a real sense of individuality to the force. It was really fun to do! Living in Norway.

Pre-Heresy Thousand Sons
    This has been a labour of love which I started long before the book was released (honest!). The assault marines use classic metal original RT jump packs from the 80's, as do the missile launchers in the dev squad. Little touches like these make me happy. The FW release of a contemptor was timely as was the Deimos rhinos so I had to chuck a few in for looks. There was only one librarian that looked badass enough to lead a legion of psykers, so Severin Loth becomes the Character of your choice from the book. I like to think of him as Arhiman ascendant. The bases are from Voodooworx and are painted to represent Tiscan streets, as chronologically I like to think of these guys as on the cusp of being attacked by those dasterdly wolves (see above). Living in Australia.

Grey Knight Strike Force

This is 10th complete army to feature on my log. Living in sunny CA in the USA, this army gave me an opportunity to challenge myself and try some new things. Black is always a tough one, tougher than it should be. I used the new GW formular of fang, fenris & russ to get a nice cool blue look. This was complemented by the glowing eyes and backpacks of the interceptors. I really improved my OSL by tackling this job. The swords too were new to me. I tried with an airbrush but actually found it easier to do them by hand in the end. It was quite a marathon! All in all a real joy. I'm not completely happy with the new GW system for gold so will revert to my normal method in future, but the bright hue does stay true to the original artwork. The Paladins and interceptors were highlights for me, I thoroughly enjoyed them. The Kasrkin were fun too, though metal isn't as fun as plastic these days.

Minotaurs
    What a fun army! Using loads of bits from my box, chamion shouder pads, crusader helmets, Mk8 Torsos, running legs, fancy bolters, FW shoulder pads - it's all here! I really enjoyed building this army. The terminators in particular were great fun to put together.

Rev
    Last edited by rev; 10-10-2013 at 12:25.

Quote Originally Posted by rev View Post
    Slaanesh Noise marines
    This is a labour of love. Have you ever tried to make one of these noise marine hybrid kits? How about pinning and greenstuffing 22 of the buggers? What a pain - but all in all a really tasty fluffy themed army to play with. I love the claws on the possessed land raider, reflecting its terminator cargo all armed with lightning claws. I love the rhinos which I've boxed out the rear ends of and turned into amplifiers, and the speakers for doors. All in all - thoroughly pleased and now they live in the North of England! SOLD.
    Worst, Geography, Ever :P

Cambridge is in the East! Bloody southerners....

Love ya dude! <3

coolest geek in town..... toonboy78's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ace Rimmer View Post
    Worst, Geography, Ever :P

Cambridge is in the East! Bloody southerners....

Love ya dude! <3
    fancy a game sometime...PM me i would love to see it
    my log (updated 04/05/17 Scorpion and Predator)

the code

Death company:

Again I must say how nice your marines are Rev, the palid flesh is so cool on those Flesh Tearers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fobster View Post
    Hehe. This made my day. I can just imagine you crying impotent nerd tears onto your keyboard. Good times.

Here are 9 marines which I didn't originally paint for the army,

I played the list as a veteran heavy list, but the client who bought them wanted more tactical choices to fit with 5th ed rules. To that end I added 8 plasma pistol marines to replace some of the power fist marines, meaning that the units fitted as troop choices and were more competative under 5th ed:

They are really cool, how long did it take you to paint them?

And for once someone uses squatting legs with Jump packs and makes them look cool. Well Done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fobster View Post
    Hehe. This made my day. I can just imagine you crying impotent nerd tears onto your keyboard. Good times.

rev your flesh tearers do look amazingly well, what other models will you be painting?

Very nice, love your dark reds, is that a black wash over the red and then a red hilgt?

Bugbait out
    * Apocalypse Ork Plog * * Terrain building log * * Bugbaits Thunder Wolves *
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and enthusiasm

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowphrakt View Post
    They are really cool, how long did it take you to paint them?

And for once someone uses squatting legs with Jump packs and makes them look cool. Well Done.
    Thanks SP, glad you like. They took a while, but then I did them over a 3-4 month period with busy RL interfereing at times and minis taking a back seat. I recently did the extra 9 for the buyer and they took a week of focussed evening sessions.

Quote Originally Posted by sartarius View Post
    rev your flesh tearers do look amazingly well, what other models will you be painting?
    Thanks Sart, I'm ust expaning my blood ravens force atm, pics to follow!

Quote Originally Posted by bugbait_nz View Post
    Very nice, love your dark reds, is that a black wash over the red and then a red hilgt?

Bugbait out
    Yeh its a dark red mix as the base with 3-4 layered highlights then a thin thin black ink (not badab - proper ink) wash over the top.

rev
    Last edited by rev; 03-05-2010 at 13:09.

im looking forward to these blood ravens of urs rev it'll be nice to see more blood raven armies in the wide wide world

I get a funny feeling in my gutt just looking at some of thees minis.. simply awsome work. Cant say that enuff...
    My ORC log. Girrbad Speedkillaz WAAAGH!!! http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156703

Thanks Guys,

the Ravens are undergoing expansion, I'll stick the existing photos on later and try to snap the reinforcements asap.

Flesh tearers Chaplain shots;

Girr, I love your ork bikers man, thanks for your encouragement.

rev
    Last edited by rev; 13-03-2009 at 16:42.

Quote Originally Posted by rev View Post
    Thanks Guys,

the Ravens are undergoing expansion, I'll stick the existing photos on later and try to snap the reinforcements asap.

Flesh tearers Chaplain shots;

Girr, I love your ork bikers man, thanks for your encouragement.

rev
    Very nice! Awesome details and great stance, removed other pics not to clutter it too much.

Those Flesh Tearers still look awesome mate, cant wait to see more of your Blood Ravens.

Fantastic Flesh Tearers mate, i really like how you have painted them

DK
    Quote Originally Posted by BigbyWolf View Post
    In a world where Morris Dancing exists, I shall never be embarrassed by my toy soldier collection.

Project of 2014: Warriors of Chaos

Page 1 of 135 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast