Thread: What size is the Baneblade?!?

Chapter Master

What size is the Baneblade?!?

To preface, this isnt an anti-GW post, more so a post regarding expectations.

This weekend, the store I was at had an Armorcast Baneblade in their case, and I asked the store owner how it compared size wise to the new Baneblade. He said that the armorcast was a hair shorter in length, and that the new model was slightly wider.

I was NOT impressed by the size of the tank. The box it comes in is huge, but the model itself...not so much. Maybe Im a victim of marketing or hype, but I was expecting to be bowled over by this model (I WAS thinking of possibly getting one eventually for my fledgling IG). I was expecting HUGE, especially because of the asking price, but Im thinking, "your kidding, right?" when I saw its diminutive size (Im used to Tamiya armor in 1/35th scale). I understand the detail, sculpting etc, but I'm thinking that if the GW model isnt much bigger than the Armorcast, the kit to me has lost it's luster. I was expecting something large enough to have structure points, someting to dwarf a Land Raider. Did I set myself up for dissapointment?

Does anyone know the dimensions of the actual GW kit? Is the shopkeep right?
    Quote Originally Posted by starlight View Post
    Anyone who attempts to defend their playstyle in a GAME of Toy Soldiers based on a made-up history written by a bunch of geeks with zero military experience really needs to sit down and take a long look in the mirror.
    Quote Originally Posted by foehammer888
    In my honest opinion, 99% of unique/theme armies should have to do with creativity, modeling, painting, and unit selection, and does not require any special rules.

Re: What size is the Baneblade?!?

Letsee. First, the box is so big because there are so many sprues. The finished model by itself may not be as big as everyone thinks, but there is a lot of detail and a lot of plastic involved...plus they give you some extra parts (like the Hellhammer cannon variant)

I will agree that it's smaller than it seems, but any bigger may just be on the edge of rediculous.

Actual dimensions: About 9.5" long from the front of the tracks to the fuel tanks. About 5.5" wide from track guard to track guard, add roughly 2" to that to include the side-sponsons. And give it about 4.5" height clearance give or take depending on how you model the crewmen on top.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozendorph View Post
    bayonets may or may not intimidate Iraqis, but they seem to scare the bujeezus out of California liberals. They're one of many banned weapon features here (because guns are safe, but a gun you could stab someone with is not, lol)

Well, a Predator tank is what... 25 now?

The Baneblade is 60

The 'blade is, according to my very accurate and precise methods of measuring [read: placing the Predator on top and roughly guessing], 1.75 times the height and 3 times the area of a Predator.

So, in effect, you're getting more bang for your buck :P
    Dark Lancers Renegade Astartes Chapter, Chaos Space Marines - 7,000pts [For Sale!]
    The Undead Scourge, Vampire Counts - 2,500pts [log]
    Averland State Army, Empire - 3,000pts [log]

Warhammer 40k or Fantasy player in North Wales? PM me!

I believe the GW Baneblade is slightly larger than the FW one, so it's the largest Baneblade you can get, well unless you kit-bash one for yourself.

I have 2 GW ones and they're great models, and they're large enough for me to not feel let down by them, and if they were any bigger they'd be a pain to use in-game...well on some of the boards I play on.
    You accuse me of being a Madman.
    What right do you have to judge what is sane and what is not?

A Baneblade is HUGE! It dwarfs any current tank in 1/35 scale and it is only in (nominally) 1/48 scale.

GW models are already rather large for their ranges, movement rates etc. After all, a baneblade can only move 2/3rds of it's length in a turn!

For comparison, the baneblade is larger relative to its box that the Tamiya 1:35 armour I've bought.
    Occasionally accused of being helpful and constructive.
    One ring Book to rule them all, one ring place to find them, One ring Codex to bring them all, and in the Darkness future bind them. Time for the unified Marine Codex.

Sit it next to a Rhino or Leman Russ, its BIG!
    No complaints from me about its size.
    * Apocalypse Ork Plog * * Terrain building log * * Bugbaits Thunder Wolves *
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and enthusiasm

Here is a comparison to the GI Joe MOBAT.

http://www.ageofstrife.com/modules.p...ght=mobat#7743

The converted Baneblade may end up on eBay.