Page 1 of 411 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Metalheads of WarSeer \m/.

Banned

Metalheads of WarSeer \m/.

Hey all,

After creating a few threads over the last few months, i've noticed a good number metalheads floating around.

So heres for it. This is the official Metalheads of WarSeer thread. Post pics, axes, favourite bands, news - anything to do with metal. If theres enough of us, we could even send in our own squad for the WarSeer chapter .

Anyway, what are your favoruite bands, your preffered genres and hates?

Favourite band(s) - Testament, Iced Earth, Exodus, Sepultura and Overkill
    Favourite styles/genres - Thrash, Death and Power Metal.
    Hates - Grung, Metalcore and Nu-Metal, R+B. ( )

Discuss!
    Last edited by Brother Smith; 26-10-2006 at 19:48.

Re: Metalheads of WarSeer \m/.

Ok, Crube's in...

Fvae bands - quite a few really...

Maiden, Priest
    Gamma Ray, Nightwish, DragonForce

I like classic Metal, as well as power / speed metal

Pet hates are most grunge and death metal, but not all, and Rap, pop etc.

Fave: Iron Maiden, Metallica ( master of puppets era ), Exodus
    Styles: Anything really. Like trash metal a lot
    Hates: Nu-Metal, Emo-Metal, posers.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBloodyFistOfKhaine View Post
    if everone thought like you this would be hell on earth.
    Quote Originally Posted by salty View Post
    The only man I know with balls made of solid steel is x-esiv-4c.
    Praise be to the eight-headed path

Banned

How about something in our sigs to show we are the metalheads of WarSeer?

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Smith
    How about something in our sigs to show we are the metalheads of WarSeer?
    good call.

I listen to all metal, and in fact going to be hosting a brand spanking new metal radio show in the Ontario area in the next month.

I'll listen to death metal, metalcore, hardcore, power metal, thrash metal, black metal, industrial metal, melodic death metal, and everything in between. As is typical of most metalheads, i hate rap, r&b, and most pop with a passion. Country sucks pretty hard too.

Favorite bands include Children of Bodom, Immortal, Opeth, Kalmah, Lamb of God, Soilwork, Nevermore, Slayer, Fear Factory, Sepultura, Pantera, and too many to be named.

Commander

Bands: In Flames, Dark Tranquillity, American Head Charge, Soilwork, Arch Enemy, Slipknot's new album some Korn, (I bet a fair few 'metalheads' like these as well, but as it's not cool to like them they won't admit it), Machine Head, Rammstein and Sonata Arctica.

Favourite styles/genres: I like so many different genres of music from rap to metal that there's little point listing them.

Hates: People who hate music they've never heard/ people who hate music based on the artist's fans.

-Wez

Quote Originally Posted by Wez
    In Flames,
    I saw them on Monday (they were supporting Motorhead). They were ******** awesome!!!

Sure, why not.

Favourites: depends on the season, but long lasting favs include:
    Iron Maiden, Opeth, My Dying Bride, Cradle of Filth (and yeah, I know Dani Filth sucks ass ), Dimmu Borgir, Nile.

Styles: thrash, death, black, I suppose. Or a combination thereof. I like my metal diverse, with change of pace, mood and style and preferably some serious musicianship.

Hates: pref-fab pop (need to ask?), r&b (ditto), all-out jazz (makes me nervous), and nu-metal (it's catchy but ultimately all the same, sorry).

Linkage, btw: http://www.zone.ee/blackmetal/eng/main_eng.htm

I dunno if it's old, but I found it rather funny. Click on "Go on to homepage" (or something) to go there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wintermute View Post
    There is no hope for you.

Commander

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo34x
    I saw them on Monday (they were supporting Motorhead). They were ******** awesome!!!
    I'm seeing them supporting Motorhead on the 19th at Brixton Academy with Tenoch.

Can't wait.

-Wez

It was awesome, though Motorhead's guitarist wasn't too great, and the drummer did a 5 minute drum solo - fun at first, then boring, then repetitive, then irritating. Was anyone else at the Carling Academy on Monday?

Banned

Seeing In Flames supporting Motorhead on the 22nd .

Come on lets see those sigs!

I'm in!

Fave Bands: Arch Enemy, Nightwish, Dragonforce, Iron Maiden, Rammstein, Within Temptation, Therion, Marilyn Manson.

Fave Genres: Goth, Power Metal, Old-school Heavy Metal, New-school Heavy Metal, Industrial.

Hates: Emo. That means YOU, Chad Kroeger!

Grand Master and Lord Commander of the Brotherhood of the Mac Panthers (Scottish Chapter)

Bands I like: Metallica (the older stuff), Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Anthrax, Blind Guardain, Iced Earth, Hammerfall (who I saw live on Monday), Manowar, Stratovarius (who I also saw live on Monday) plus a lot of rock music that can be argued to be metally.

Dislikes: Not the biggest fan of new or death metal.
    Courage and Honour!
    Search the internet Charitably
    Save a Heart
    My Page of Random
    Minister - "I have blocked out the Sun! Bwahahahaha!"
    Songokuspirit - "Brother Munro now takes the Sash of Dragonball Wisdom. Hail the new DBZ Quiz master."
    Harlequin'sDance - "Brother Munro, you are a god amongst men."

Count The boyz in,

I love Iron Maiden, Metallica (older stuff though) and AC/DC and Iron Maiden oh yeah and I like Iron Maiden.
    Veteran of the Psychic Wars

What has he got a tea cosy on his head for?

TOHC

I dont claim to be a metalhead, but I do enjoy the following:

MANOWAR - Damn, I wish I got into these guys when I was 12. Its my lifes ambition to see these guys before I die (or they do). BEST. OTT. METAL. BAND. EVER.

IN FLAMES - Love Colony and Clayman, not into the newer stuff, but Im looking forward to seeing em with Motorhead (a band whom I love - 23 albums baby!)

AT THE GATES - Slaughter of the Soul is a fantastic record. Nuff said.

DARKEST HOUR - I *STRONGLY* recommend you listen to these guys. They **** all over the crap we get nowadays thats classed as metal. You'll thank me. Really.

METALLICA - Everyone knows em. Nuff said.

MAIDEN - See 'Metallica'.

I like a lot of thrash too, but thrash is seriously bombarded by scenester losers right now so theres a whhholllee lotta crappy bands out there.

Like I said, im a casual listener. Metalcore and Emo is boring. MANOWAR should show them how its done. For real.
    Last edited by Nineswords; 09-11-2005 at 19:00.
    The Emperor upholds a teleological scheme for the future of man, unifying and perfecting humanity through the intense application of martial violence, and I will endeavour to uphold it.

Good metal bands: Maiden, Hammerfall, In Flames, Maiden, Megadeth, Metallica, Nightwish, Lacuna Coil, Bruce Dickinson (not really metal but whatever), Rammstein and Maiden.

Bad metal bands: Anything too heavy (Lamb of God, Slayer etc.)
    Last edited by Yorkiebar; 10-11-2005 at 14:02.
    Note: I am not promoting Yorkie bars. Turns out Nestle are actually evil. Please don't buy their products.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnizipal View Post
    Seeems like yorkie is the only one doing drunk threaeds these days.

Yay! Metalhaeds thread is BACK!!!

Likes: Dragonforce, Maiden, Stratovarius, Hammerfall, Manowar, Nightwish, Lacuna Coil, Metallica, Trivium, Slipknot, Children of Bodom, Static-X, Rammstien. . . oh god, too many to name. . .

Genres: EXTREME SPEED MEEETTTAAAALLLLL!!!!! (to quote Vadim from Dragonforce). . . Melodic, Dark, Black, Power, Industrial, Thrash, Good ol' Heavy Metal. . . even Rap and Nu.

Dislikes: Aiden, Avenged Sevenfold, people that dislike Trivium for no reason. . .

Couple of things guys. . .

CADE!!! Did thee see Dragonforce at the liquid rooms a couple of months back? They rocked! (My mate was the guy who was in K! feedback a few weeks back. "Pube Boy"). Was well gutted to hear that Adrian has quit Dragonforce. Still, Inhuman Rampage should be good. As will there return to the UK! Gonna go see them on January 31st, at the Glasgow Carling Academy.

Also, was saddened to hear that Tarja has been kicked outta Nightwish. Still, they had there reasons I supose. . .

Dave out.
    ". . . and due to a small, seemingly insignificant, clerical error there are, in fact, two highly secretive organisations at work in the Imperium dedicated to destroying the denizens of the warp; neither one aware of the existence of the other. . ."

Available for all you painting and modeling commision needs. Vehicle modeling is my speciality. PM me with your ideas.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nineswords
    I like a lot of thrash too, but thrash is seriously bombarded by scenester losers right now so theres a whhholllee lotta crappy bands out there.

Thrash has been dead for over a decade. All these new bands claming to be thrash are metalcore.

Although thrash is coming back in the underground UK metalscene, especially in Wakesfield / Hull.

New pet hate: Posers. I knew this kid who was like 'Yea i'm totally into Thrash man.'

'Ok what do you listen to?'

'Oh ya know, Trivium, Metallica, Maiden, Korn'

'*insert expletives*'.
    Last edited by Brother Smith; 09-11-2005 at 19:42.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo34x
    ...and the drummer did a 5 minute drum solo - fun at first, then boring, then repetitive, then irritating.
    Solo spots during gigs are usually just that. They disturb the flow of the show.
    That doesn't mean there can't be good and interesting solo's, but they are few and far between.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wintermute View Post
    There is no hope for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebreath
    Solo spots during gigs are usually just that. They disturb the flow of the show.
    That doesn't mean there can't be good and interesting solo's, but they are few and far between.
    Mostly true, mate, mostly true. However, Vadim's keyboard solo during the "Sonic Firestorm" tour was just sol mind boglingly DIFFERENT that it made all 700 of us laugh like hell. But yeah, for the most part they just ruin the rythm and flow of the show.

Dave out.
    ". . . and due to a small, seemingly insignificant, clerical error there are, in fact, two highly secretive organisations at work in the Imperium dedicated to destroying the denizens of the warp; neither one aware of the existence of the other. . ."

Available for all you painting and modeling commision needs. Vehicle modeling is my speciality. PM me with your ideas.

Page 1 of 411 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast