Thread: Thor's Khorne Daemons

Thor's Khorne Daemons

+++Edit+++
    'm shifting gears from my Nurgle daemons to Khorne daemons. I'd like the chance to paint red instead of green for a bit. I have been building some stuff. I don't have everything yet, but I do have what is posted:

Blood Thirster - built
    Skulltaker on foot - built
    Herald of Khorne on Chariot - wip building
    2 Units of bloodletters with full command - built
    1 Unit of "old school" bloodletters without command - built
    2 Blood Crushers of Khorne
    5 Fleshhounds of Khorne - wip building
    Karnanak - wip building
    Daemon Prince of Khorne.

Last edited by VikingThor; 19-09-2008 at 03:40.

Re: Thor's Khorne Daemons

I think I've had an amazing idea for a Herald of Khorne on Chariot and so have started on the model I've used the Vampire Counts Corpse Cart and a Bloodcrusher. I was going to use the Herald of Khorne on Juggernaught, but my local store didn't have any in stock and I didn't want to wait. The copper wire is from cross connect phone cable.

Let me know what you think so far:

...and here are a few close up shots:

Last edited by VikingThor; 19-09-2008 at 03:41.

If this log is anything as good as your nurgle log, im gonna be right at home here.

BTW nice use of the corpse cart. I love that kit.

:chrome:
    Redstar's Loggy of Chaos!
    Redstar goes Khroney!! Scratch Built Khrone Super Heavies WIP Log On Hold
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Feral View Post
    You're mad you are. Mad and have lots of plastic card to hand. That's a badass combination if I ever saw one!
    http://miniaturewargameconversions.blogspot.com/

Veteran Sergeant KlutzyKultist of Kaoz's Avatar

Im watching with interest.
    OBNOXIOUSLY LARGE, BRIGHTLY COLORED PRINT IS HARD TO IGNORE

Subscribed. What will you do with the Bloodthirster; just leave it as is?

sj

Nice chariot, I'm excited to see how it goes!
    Hive Fleet Locust HERE
    ^ Includes converted Biovores, six versions of the Carnifex, and battle dioramas of your favorite Tyranids

Wow. Thanks guys. I hope this log lives up to your expectations.
    @MF. I really want to do something with the bloodthirster's face, because I don't like it too much, but we'll see. Making green stuff look all gross and filthy for Nurgle is one thing, but sculpting a really fierce face for a greater daemon is another.

I added another pic to my post above because I swapped out the head of the Herald of Khorne on Chariot. The head seemed too simple and a cool one came with the plastic sprue which looked more like a herald. Here is another angle of the head, in case you don't feel like scrolling back up.

I also worked on building my 2 units of bloodletters with full command. Have I mentioned I HATE banners. They look awesome but GW always makes them so they are top and front heavy resulting in contantly falling over models. I made most of my Space Marine standard bearers on 40mm bases, but I didn't want to go that route with my daemons. The Khorne icon standard works out ok, but the one with the banner......boy does that one make me mad. Luckily I have some rare earth magnets. I put 2 on the bottom of the model to weigh it down. Unfortunately, now I don't feel like I can put the model on top of my laptop keyboard (as I normally do to take the pictures) for fear of damaging components. It's still a wee bit wobbly, I may have to add a third magnet. Of course, if the world was metal, there would be no problem, but unfortunately most things are not magnetically receptive. Anyway, here are 3 shots of the 3 units of bloodletters. Enjoy, and thanks again for all the positive feedback.

I'm going flip back and forth between this and my Nurgle log for a while, so if you haven't checked that out yet, please do. I'm especially proud of how Ku'Gath is coming out. The only part of Gresus that is still visible is his right arm. Everything else is completely covered over in green stuff.

Veteran Sergeant KlutzyKultist of Kaoz's Avatar

Get painting man im desperate to see.
    OBNOXIOUSLY LARGE, BRIGHTLY COLORED PRINT IS HARD TO IGNORE

Love your use of the Cart!

Subscribed - one question...what the heck is the thing in the second photo???

Quote Originally Posted by Souleater View Post
    Love your use of the Cart!

Subscribed - one question...what the heck is the thing in the second photo???
    Yeah what the heck is that thing, demon cut in two parts coming from the ground? The other stuff looks awesome tho:skull:

NIce start, the chariot looks excellent, really creepy sort of "im coming to devour your soul" sorta vibe!

the daemon prince rising from the ground (if that is what it is!) looks really cool, i would try and add some kind of cotton wool smokey effect, like it rising from the burning depths of hell!!

ElTanko
    ElTanko's Spare Time - Click! - Updated 8th July 2011

ROUSING THE BRAYHERD - BEASTMEN - Updated 24th July 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Bane_sword View Post
    Yeah what the heck is that thing, demon cut in two parts coming from the ground? The other stuff looks awesome tho:skull:
    i think it's a bloodthirster just beeing summoned to the material world, rising from the depth of hell (like eltanko also said :-)) i like this idea very much, and good use of the remaining 2 bits from the thirster ... but i would go for making cracks in his base and paint a huge glowing chaos symbol on the ground, the area where he is summoned, i think this would work quite well :-)

i like you work so far, the cart is really cool :-)
    Noc
    -
    > Nocturn's Almighty Push <

After a long break updating with Tau, Eldar, Chaos and 'Nids.
    (last Update 01/18/2017: Tau - 1 XV107 R'Varna Battlesuit)

-