Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Jack's (sukigod) Waaagh! Log

Re: Red Jack's (sukigod) Waaagh! Log

Made some more progress on the warboss last night, half way done with the skin. It's kinda tough to get an idea of what the finished product will look like when you paint it in parts but now that I see the parts (skin anyway) together, it's starting to com together.

Ein (jamsessionein, depending on forum) pointed out a perfect resource for buzzsaws for us ork players to add some killy deff to out deff koptas. I ordered some and here's what they look like for reference/scale. Pretty dang spot on. I'm simply going to chop off the pole and magnetize it to where the engine intake is located between the skids - it's a perfect fit. (ok, I'll most likely convert some with extensions from different zoids bits I got in the bitz box...)

I also started assembling the boyz from the Black Reach box set. I'll use some of these to fill out a 'ard boyz mob (adding shoulder pads, iron gobs, etc.), the rest just go for the grist mill and Green Tides. Sometimes I wonder who is more intimidated by this. The person who faces it across the deployment zone or the person who assembles/paints it?

Quote Originally Posted by olmsted View Post
    remember when it comes to rolling dice make a math hammer can say this and it can say that about statistics. however every now and then the dice gods and lady luck will say f that hijack the car and go on their merry little way leaving mathhammer wondering what the f just happened.
    http://www.bigshoota.com
    Granite City Waaagh! Fest!
    The Big Mek Manual

Nice job mate. I'd love to collect orks but all the detail is just beyond me. Keep up the work mate!

Nice to finally see you over here at Warseer been a big fan of your 'clean look' Orks for ages. Where is that Buzzsaw from by the way?
    'Ere we go, 'ere we go, 'ere we go!
    'Ere we go, 'ere we go, froo Da Oonivers!
    'Ere we go, 'ere we go, 'ere we go!
    We don't know where we're goin'
    'Till we're dere!

THanks EvilMonkee. Got'em here...

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=40341

Ein (jamsessionein) found them and posted it over at The Waaagh! Lots of cool stuff to loot there.
    remember when it comes to rolling dice make a math hammer can say this and it can say that about statistics. however every now and then the dice gods and lady luck will say f that hijack the car and go on their merry little way leaving mathhammer wondering what the f just happened.
    The Big Mek Manual

Red Jack is coming along slowly, but surely. Finished the back piece, started the shoota arm and made progress on the shirt, straps and pants.

Another problem of being a packrat mekboy is I always seem to find more projects, even when I'm not looking. Came across this the other day for $10 and could'nt pass it up. Everything about this is screaming LOOT ME! It's also got the thinner profile and looks a bit similar to the image int he Ork Codex in the Battlewagon entry.

Just the idea of looting a garbage truck makes me smile.
    p.s. It makes grinding and dumping noises when you "empty" the dumpster in the front arms...
    The Big Mek Manual

wait. so some of you here obviously have forgotten lego and its wonderful building practices, to not notice that is an axe from bionicles (so shoot me, im a kid). And the orks are looking as superb as ever!
    -Jason
    you just got logged!!1 last update 13/10/08
    http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124484
    other log (does not contain traces of nuts)
    http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129581

Weeks ago, I decided to make a battlewagon, so I searched the net. I found an amazing one on CMON, it was yours! And now a log on warseer, nice

Now I can ask you, how did you the red?

Thanks everyone for the cool and kind words.

@Skip - I'm assuming you mean the red on the AoBR warboss here. Here's the steps I used...

Black primer
    Mechrite Red
    Scab Red
    Red Gore
    Badab Black Wash
    Special Purple Sauce ( 2:2:1 Red Gore:Regal Blue:Warlock Purple thinned for washing)
    Red Gore Touch up
    Red Gore/Blood Red 50/50

I've been experimenting with getting a darker, richer red lately and this is what I came up with. I used to go all the way up to a little Fiery Orange but the amount of Blood Red needed for that makes the red areas very bright, even after knocking it down some with washes. The Lootas finished previously (early in this thread) are finished like the above list going through a full Blood Red, then Fiery Orange/White highlight and w/o the Purple Sauce Wash.
    The Big Mek Manual

Finished off the AoBR Warboss today. Not as well as I would have liked. I made major blunder that I'm not going to go back and fix. I forgot that superglue accellerants effect paint and plastic and mussed up the face in the process. I'll live with it though.

I also tried my new lightbox for photos and it'll take a while to get used to it and what settings will work with my camera but I'm not going to experiment much now - some other day. I will get ti to work so I can use the super duper professional setup though and post it for voting.

Here's the new Red Jack.

i'm not sure what will be next. It's either 40 sluggas, speed painted (heh, that's kinda funny) or five nobs, or a few SPace Marines for testing.
    The Big Mek Manual

Alright, after looking at the photos I took, I realized I didn't like'em and know I can do better. Here's the better's!

I'll pots the pro-photos here after I take them.
    The Big Mek Manual

I'm glad you took new pics

It's nice work you have going on here, makes me want to start the speek freaks I have in mind. You've done a great job on Red Jack, I sort of missed everything on CMON recently... I might have to steal your flesh recipe

Did I hear someone say group shot? I think I did.

Thanks Nightsword. I'm getting together sometime in Nov. with some close friends at my hosue for a full day of 40K and I usually bring our work camera home (a $5K Canon D5 - nice) and I'll try to take a "here's my what I have painted now" shot. Of course I'll post'em here.
    The Big Mek Manual

Final Assault on Black Reach Warboss. If I had to do it all over again I'd do a few things differently. The neck isn't quite at the right angle, it's to "up" for the final pose and it's a little long, making him look a bit goose-necked. I also would have tried to position his torso a little differently but his was my first shot at some greenstuff, just need some more practice.

On to the next project - what will it be?

Finish painting biker squad?
    Paint 40 sluggas?
    Finally get around to painting Gazghkull?
    Drop everything else and loot something?
    Start painting Crimson Fists Space Marine army ?( do I hear orky screams of herasy?)

Gaah! The choices are soooo many!
    The Big Mek Manual

the work on the skin is great. Thanks for sharing how you painted it
    My fantasy log : A lot of green against a feeble mind
    Models painted 2011= 45 / 2012 = 62 / 2013 = 67 / 2014 = 37
    Quote Originally Posted by snottlebocket
    These finecast threads read like obituaries. They're just lists of models I'll never buy again.

Wouaah G!
    Really a great work!
    The new plastic figs look wonderfull, and I especially like the way you paint them, with very colorfull scheme.
    The Big Boss is amazing!

Seems as though you folks like to make things hard on folks as much as I like challenge. The two boxes of Black Reach boyz seems to have won out on the poll at CMON. I have to admit I lied a little bit, or so it would seem to the carefull observer. There was to be 40 boyz but four of them seem to have gone AWOL so I've added the two testing shoota boyz to the mix to bring my total mob to 38 boyz. No small feat.

I've gone ahead and primed them and started the Orkhide Shade base for the skin, getting about half of them based tonight.

Warboss Red Jack will snap the boyz inta shape while I'm gone!

The Big Mek Manual

Lootin a garbage trukk for a Wartrukk or Battlewagon is a great idea. The tires on that trash mobile look great to begin with, and the arms sticking down holding the trash bin would work like a charm for holding a deffrolla.
    *Things I've Done For Retail Sales *40K Project Log *Fantasy Project Log *Airbrush Information & Advice
    40K Armies: Dark Angels Tau Orks Eldar
    WFB Armies: Vampire Counts Bretonnians High Elves
    Quote Originally Posted by Inquisitor Jones
    Epidemus, who, at the battle against Khorne, did righteously shift paradigms with the creation of a goal oriented task force that successfully reallocated Khornate resources into Nurgle driven benefits capable of sustaining them through the next fiscal quarter.

40 Orks? I vaguely remember a song that addressed problems of that size...

Hand cramps aside, it sounds like a fine time to familiarize yourself with dipping!

Things have been busy around here so I haven't gotten much time in on the Black Reach boyz. I am nearly done with the skin. I've taken group shots as I finished each color to show the steps. Pretty boring but I hope it's of some interest to some of you.

First a coat of Snot Green...

Then a smattering of Goblin Green in smaller areas, mostly on the upper parts but still pretty good coverage as this will be the base median color overall.

Here's a bit of a closeup of the boyz so you can see how much detail I do (or lack of...)

Note in the last photo how light and pale the boyz are after the Goblin Green? My nifty little trick to bring a deeper, more intense green color back is to do a wash with Dark Angels green. I haven't seen anyone else do this elsewhere and I don't know how or why I started doing it this way but it works for me. This is the boyz after the wash. It helps smooth the transision between colors and brings the green back to a darker, yet vibrant green.

Well, that's it for tonight. The next step will be a very quick touch up of Golbin Green and a final highlight of Scorpion Green. Then it's off to pants and shirts! Yay!
    The Big Mek Manual

Loving it!

Your painting is fantastic for one thing. Your explanations are excellent and those diagrams of the washes are very useful. I have been very cautious with them and even absorb off the paint from the highlights manually but will put this flooding method more to the test. A case of what you see (when its wet) is not what you will get (when its dry).

With your first test mini with the brown pants did you manually highlight the area near the stitching or is that just due to the brown not covering super well?

Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast