Page 46 of 51 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Jack's (sukigod) Waaagh! Log

Re: Red Jack's (sukigod) Waaagh! Log

Pure win!!

Thanks Nutz!

Hey all.

As part of the Granite City Waaagh!Fest Pub Tournament we had a terrain competition. People could build boards and enter, the winner will get to use their board as the main event table in the championship match in a sunken, UFC style octagon dance floor - complete with disco ball and lights. We're looking for people to go over and vote for their favorite.

Granted, there are only two entries but we promised to post them and do it all by public vote. Hopefully it'll catch on and we'll have more next year. I'm thinking about having some sort of prize to entice more people to try it.

So, if you would, please visit the Waaagh!Fest website here and vote for your favorite board.

Thanks!

Sukigod

http://www.waaaghfest.com/terrain/
    Quote Originally Posted by olmsted View Post
    remember when it comes to rolling dice make a math hammer can say this and it can say that about statistics. however every now and then the dice gods and lady luck will say f that hijack the car and go on their merry little way leaving mathhammer wondering what the f just happened.
    http://www.bigshoota.com
    Granite City Waaagh! Fest!
    The Big Mek Manual

Those Sluggas are amazing!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blkc57
    When a British recording artist thats sung with Prince tells you your wrong, I think its a safe bet you've made a mistake in your reasoning
    Sheena Easton Is Fabulous!

Thanks Sheena! (I [i]wish[/] you were Sheena Easton )

Fini!

And for everyone attending Waaagh!Fest...

Later!
    remember when it comes to rolling dice make a math hammer can say this and it can say that about statistics. however every now and then the dice gods and lady luck will say f that hijack the car and go on their merry little way leaving mathhammer wondering what the f just happened.
    The Big Mek Manual

Great trophies/prizes! And awesome to see a TO going the extra mile to make the tournament inviting to players. I salute you sir.
    Sheep's laying a log For all things Imperial
    The Ammobunker Forums with humour
    Sheep's Sons of Horus For all things 30k
    Sheep does Adeptus Mechanicus Latest project

Forlorn Hope, my blog

Impressive Swag Suki.
    The 75th Logres Prime Ice Drakes:
    http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96543

Great work on the pistols. Those Perf Weapons are incredibly useful for all Roleplaying games and conversion.

I can't wait to be drinking out of those cups and failing to win one of those pistols on Saturday (I'll be the one with a staff shirt losing), also thanks for finding my camera yesterday.

half way through this blog but looking good already

Quote Originally Posted by sukigod View Post
    Aulbath: I'd say it would work on walker types but standard infantry sizes would get too small. Besides, at scale we're at, unless they're really LARGE scratches, they wouldn't be visible to the naked eye. I would go with a few small scratches placed by brush for infatry.
    i have used this technique on my army including minis, kans etc, you have to be extra careful on the smaller pieces but can be done
    hers my boss with the sponge look
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	013.jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	218.5 KB 
ID:	143155

All right. Been gone a while, lotsa things going on in my life keeping me away from the bench. I took a second job teaching web design and development and I've never taught (professionally) so I've been teaching myself how to teach (head spinning yet?). I did lie a little though, I Wasn't completely idle. Although I didn't spend much time at my modeling/painting bench, the time spent there was doing something special for a friend.

My best friends brother has retired after 22+ years in the Marines so my friend acquired a Thunderhawk and asked me to paint it for them. It is now finished and I can give it back so it can be presented to the retired Marine by Christmas (maybe even Thanksgiving). It was an interesting challenge painting something this large but I learned a lot and these lessons can and will be applied when I tackle the blasta bomma.

Without further delay, the T-hawk...

The acquisition was of a less than perfect casting so there were many issues and small details that are gone, this is the reason why I didn't absolutley kill every single detail on this. We talked about it and we were both fine with a very nice tabletop quality job.

I do have one other non-orky project in the pipeline but at least it will have some green. I'll be flip flopping between this and picking back up on a bunch of projects I had going for the last year or so and need completing (yes, like the bomma).

It's good to be back.

Later!
    The Big Mek Manual

I really like the way you've painted your Thunderhawk.
    Miniature Miscellany (40k, Epic, BFG, Mordheim, Dreadfleet).

it looks boss... great job!

Glad to see you back Suki. Looking forwards to what you have coming down the pipe for us.
    The 75th Logres Prime Ice Drakes:
    http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96543

Thanks everyone!

Sheeze, three days back on the bench and it shows me what for... Did something today I haven't done in nearly 20 years - drove an exacto deep into my finger. One of those stupid things where two seconds before it happens you're thinking... "YA know, if that slips it's gonna go deep and hurt a lot..." SLIP! And in the 1/10th of a second it takes to go in and come back out, you're already thinking, "Yep, that's gonna bleed like a sonofabitch. Probably hurt too." Well, it did both. Pre-drilling pilot holes in gun barrels with the exacto to make sure it's nice and centered. The hole was a little off so I tried to push the blade to the side to correct and WHOOP... off the precariously balanced barrel tip and deep into my finger.

Welcome back to the bench!

Oh well, direct pressure and three band-aides later I'm ok. Typing is a little awkward but I'll handle. So if I'm making a post like this that means there's updates and pics. I've got both for ya all. It's amazing how much you can fit on a workbench when there isn't a Thunderhawk on it! There are four main projects I'm working on, all of them are green of a sort but not all are orks. First up is a kit my wife wanted me to make and paint for her. From Moebius it's the Bride of Frankenstein 1/8 scale model kit. This is a great model, well done. Also my first large format model with human(oid) figures. I've assembled, cleaned, puttied, sanded and primed the sub assemblies. Here's where it's at with all the parts in place. It's about 10" across and 9" high.

He's green, right? Yeah, that's my story and I'm stickin' to it. I've brought the blasta bommer back out and staged it so I can think about things while I'm working on other things. Working on my new dakka jet (below) I came up with some solutions that will allow me to move forward with this beasty. I'm starting to feel excited by this project again instead of the creative block I've had for some time.

This will segue nicely into the next portion of the new Red Jack Air Farce. I needed to create two rokkit paks for my new stormboyz mob as I sacrificed a number of important parts bashing my Wazzdakka model last year against Uberdark. Here's the new packs made from the bitz box scraps and some styrene tubing and channel.

This leads to the expansion of the original new-model stormboyz squad I started about a year and a half ago. I've added 10 more to the squadron and assembled a dakkajet today to go with'em.

So, this should give me (when completed) and aerial force of 1 blasta bomma, 1 dakkajet, 2 fighta bommas and two 20 strong stormboyz squad, 1 lead by a PK nob and the other by Zagstruk. There are four toy plane fighter bommas and some grot egg-plane fightas in the long range plans but nothing to show yet...

And for my last bit of green project.... (I'm bracing for screams of "traitor!....")

Yes, they will be green. I'll be starting small alliance force if 'umie. I've already got a skyshield landing pad and a bastion. I'll be adding just the standerd HQ Command Squad and two regular troop slots to start. Yes, I plan to add more, probably in the 7-9K points range when I'm all done so I can add super heavy tanks and the like. Expect lots of tanks

Later!
    Last edited by sukigod; 25-11-2012 at 03:23.
    The Big Mek Manual

Progress!

Did some work on the Bride and IG trooper tonight. You can't see it from the photo but I airbrushed a coating of Bleached Bone over the entire gown, then do a white zenithal highlight from the top to let the Bleached Bone be my shadowing. It's very subtle so nearly impossible to see in the pic. I've also done the bandaged arms.

I'm looking for a color scheme for my new guard army too so trying something on a trooper. The idea is a medium green cloth with black carapace armor and brown boots. Nothing too fancy, they're army, errr, guard! I think I've got too much highlight area as the medium green is disappearing. This is also the first time I've every done human faces so it's gonna take a little time to master that.

Now I'm off to research painting these guys eyes, they're even smaller than orks!
    Later!
    The Big Mek Manual

So I sliced my finger good (or bad, depending on how you look at it) the other day. It's still thumping sore but works gotta go on, right? Here's the cut...

Doesn't look like much in the photo at left, a small cut. What you can't see very well in the photo is the deep slice and blood bruising in the perfect shape of a #11 Exacto blade, outlined in light blue. Going to be interesting to see how long this takes to come all the way to the surface.

In other news, I purchased a new tool. A 1 ton aircraft steel punch! I got this for making rivets since my old punch all of a sudden went bendy-wendy on me, not sure why/how. This has various plug/punch dies that fit into it so I can make a few different sizes I'll be using this soon on the bomma and I'll let you know how it works.

On the modeling front I did get some of that worked on today. First up, my test scheme for the new 'umie force I'm starting as an alliance. I like how he turned out except the green uniform is a little light in my opinion, I want something a little more towards an olive drab green. I know how to fix that, just didn't go back to change this whole thing. I also tried the decals from the box and was sorely disappointed. I think I'll just go with some freehand of some sort. I might also play with the gun color, changing it to black as I think there might be a bit too much green going on and a little more black should balance that out.

I also dragged the blasta bomma out of mothballs finally and started work on that. After putting the dakkajet together I figured out how I was going to do the turret gunners on top - grot gunners from the burna bomma parts! I just need another dakkajet and I'm good to go there. I started by wrapping up the detailing on the nose/deff arsenal section. Added the banding to "strengthen" the look and bolts/rivets to the bridge of the nose and new banding.

Felt good to start cutting and gluing again. I'm hoping to keep working at a steady pace and completing this by the end of next summer. We'll see!

Later
    The Big Mek Manual

Oh. It's so much orky goodness in this thread. How can i have missed it for so long?

You have a really great color scheme going on. It's very colorful and crisp without it feeling the least garish. It almost gives me a bit of an inferiority complex and makes me wish i had gone for red as the colour of my orks as well.

Keep the dakka coming.

More dakka, coming up!

A little bit finished tonight. If I keep this up It might be done by 2013!

Worked on the side gun hatches last night and tonight. Not much but something.

Later!
    The Big Mek Manual

Cant wait to see that monster finished Your scratch build skills are really impressiv !

Page 46 of 51 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 ... LastLast