Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: lord blood's scratch built daemons

Chapter Master

lord blood's scratch built daemons

i've been promising my self (and others) i'd get round to doing this sooner or later, for the past few years, and finally i've got round to doing it.
    here is the first of several (possibly 8) daemon princes that i am sculpting for my daemon army, hopefully to be finished in time to field the army at the Tempus Fugitives horus heresy event in september '09.

this prince is basically a big bad-ass bloodletter. hence the sword and axe copied (and sized) from the previous two metal bloodletter ranges.
    the idea is he will tie together my bloodletter units by being a combination of all the types (i have 8 blood letters from each type released: snaky ones, chunky with swords, hairy with axes, and plastics)

planning to give him a huge khornate symbol branded into his chest
    proud member of the PCRC : Frigia , Shale , Scallops, Hordes/Warmachine
    my Projects
    Daemons
    Tyranids
    Circus Extraordinaire
    NB/ this is blank text, all emotions are invented and attached by the reader.
    it's not offensive, unless you decide you want to take offence! why would you?

Re: lord blood's scratch built daemons

Nice sculpting! I like the vibe -- kind of cartoony, but vivid. And very dynamically posed.

Looking forward to further progress. (And to seeing the bloodletters as well.)
    The Harrowed: My Demon Army's Warseer project log

Wow! your scultping skills seem to get better and better with each new project Lord Blood (you've certainly got me beat!) Love the running pose and hairy mane down his back - any tips on how to do that?

For some reason they kind of remind me of a mixture between the Strigoi models and some sort of werewolf! Kudos!

Check your PM by the way!
    Bits Blitz - the place to be for all your bits needs!

Space ship design project

Troll Forged Miniatures

Sciror

Chapter Master

here's the next update.
    daemon prince 2 is partially built. hope i can post finished pictures tomorrow, but for now here are some WIP photos.

can you guess the inspiration for this one?
    my Projects
    Daemons
    Tyranids
    Circus Extraordinaire

i like the jugger-inspired daemon prince. and the spikes on the back of the other guy look good too (look like a bitch to model and paint though!
    Quote Originally Posted by warflag View Post
    Synapse, 1st grade weirdo
    My =][=28 blog

Chaplain

im going to say that it is the jugger, but not too sure.
    Love the first prince, can't wait to see this 2nd one finished
    http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=177232 - 40K Daemons Army! (mish mash army of all 4 powers of Chaos)

Coming to a forest near you!!! Winter themed Wood Elves.

Chapter Master

here is the latest update on my WIP juggernaut daemon prince.

i am going to bulk out the chest and back and give him a rhino horn. he will be armed with a double handed hammer cos thats dead juggernauty.
    my Projects
    Daemons
    Tyranids
    Circus Extraordinaire

Cat, that's lookin' awesome. The piccies aren't doing justice to the size of the thing any chance of some scale shots (p'raps with some terrified guardsmen?)

Loving the grin in particular. Have you considered giving it some molten brass lips or something, so you can show it snarling? Not entirely sure how that'd work, but I think it'd make it look more 'sentient'.
    Imperium Secundus
    Rebuilding painting blogs

Industrious, bionically-enhanced member of the Plastic Crack Rehab Clinic

wow, very nice sculpting, looks like a werehedgehog
    also i like the standing upright khorn juggernaut, however it reminds me of the good oldschool game doom

Love the grin on the jugger prince

Cool project, looking good so far.

- Salvage
    Quote Originally Posted by Apologist View Post
    ... but screw the rules I think it looks cool.

Chapter Master

unfortunately i seem to have misplaced my camera, however i have now nearly finished the second daemon prince (just needs a few more details). soon as i find a camera i will post pictures.

any ideas/requests for number 3?

was thinking of doing one based on a flesh hound.
    do i go;
    werewolf style, bipedal (if so from which movie/mythology?)
    cerberus style,
    giant flesh hound (specific type or combination?)

am happy to work to suggestions. if they turn out well and i get enough interest i will look into casting them up and making them availiable.
    my Projects
    Daemons
    Tyranids
    Circus Extraordinaire

Wow, looking great. I really love this log

was thinking of doing one based on a flesh hound.
    werewolf style, bipedal (if so from which movie/mythology?)
    cerberus style,
    giant flesh hound (specific type or combination?)
    I think the Cerberus one's a bit close to the new special character fleshhound (cool idea though!), and if you have it quadrapedal, it'll look a bit beastish rather than princely.
    So my vote is for a vaguely skeletal bipedal Fleshhound. Doing a skeleton will let you have all sorts of fun with painting brass, and he'll fit in nicely with the biomechanical skull-faced one you were talking about.
    Otherwise, a werewolf-style one based on the creepy original anorexic-looking Fleshhounds would be cool. I'd suggest that a perched, vaguely ape-like stance:

would be the best compromise between fully upright and on all-fours, and will help you distinguish him from the other princes.

am happy to work to suggestions. if they turn out well and i get enough interest i will look into casting them up and making them availiable.
    Sounds cool to me it'd be awesome to see a whole horde of your beasties charging across the battlefield! Have you thought about doing some daemonic critters/gibbering hordes in between the big princes? I reckon your imagination could cook up some cool little gribblies, and it'd let you test out ideas without them being too important.

Looking forward to seeing piccies of the second prince, too. He was really cooking up great!
    Imperium Secundus
    Rebuilding painting blogs

Industrious, bionically-enhanced member of the Plastic Crack Rehab Clinic

Chapter Master

sorry i've been a bit slack with the updates. had no web access for a few months (shock horror) but i'm back on now so updates should be more frequent.

finished the jugger-prince but alas have no photos to post so will take them and post them soon.

i have, however, built a herald.
    we had a PCRC geekend before christmas and i managed to sculpt a herald in n2 days whilst playing twighlight imperium, dark heresy, and drinking copious ammounts of beer.
    here are the photos form the friday night:

oh just noticed you can get a glimpse of the back of the jugger-prince behind the jar in the background of this shot.
    Last edited by Lord Blood the Hungry; 27-12-2008 at 12:05.
    my Projects
    Daemons
    Tyranids
    Circus Extraordinaire

Chapter Master

and here is the update from sunday tea time:

my Projects
    Daemons
    Tyranids
    Circus Extraordinaire

Chapter Master

yes, the temptation was too strong, i could not resist. but who better to lead my deamon army?
    going to strap a scabbarded hellblade accross his back (just so he fits in, ie. gone evil, reverted to true daemon state, and got drafted by khorne) and i am toying with the idea of sculpting the flaming crown between his horns but it is proving quite tricky. any tips/ideas?
    my Projects
    Daemons
    Tyranids
    Circus Extraordinaire

Chapter Master

i like apologist's suggestion for the fleshhound based daemon prince. but i'll give it a more dynamic pose and add some scales to fit in with the rest of my hounds. probably give it a collar of khorne too.
    my Projects
    Daemons
    Tyranids
    Circus Extraordinaire

Great sculpting I really like how you oversize everything, but just enough. And the dramatic poses! Great stuff, I'll be sure to keep an eye on it

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh Hellboy! Right on, and he looks good. The legs are perhaps a bit too short & gangly (big feet vs the rest of the legs), but it does achieve an impish which works too. Nice muscles and Right Hand of Doom

- Salvage
    Quote Originally Posted by Apologist View Post
    ... but screw the rules I think it looks cool.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast