Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32

Thread: Captain Brown's 8th Necromunda Imperial Guard Regiment 'The Spiders' Classic Scheme

Re: Captain Brown's 8th Necromunda Imperial Guard Regiment 'The Spiders' Classic Sche

Quote Originally Posted by Imperial Force View Post
    This is an amazing thread CB don't know how I missed it before! Subscribed and cheers for the advice !
    Thanks Imperial Force, sorry I let you down in 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Jacka View Post
    Nice Navy Vendetta don't forget to use PVC glue on the canopies to avoid misting. More Troopers great mate.
    Thanks Colonel Jacka, no trouble there...I always use an epoxy resin (5 minute) and it does not "fog" the canopies.

So over a year without a post on this PLOG, during that time there were 40,000 views...I guess sort of fitting for a 40K army. Thank you to all those who stopped by and took a look. I ended up painting no more miniatures in 2015 due to some medical issues that have changed lots of things and put me in more hospitals and clinics than I would have liked. Worse, some of the treatment has done a number on my eyesight so I have had difficulty painting since starting up again a month ago with my Sisters of Battle Army. Switched back to the Imperial Guard as the detail seems to be more forgiving and have started on my Heavy Weapons Battle.

WIP shot as the middle crew needs lots of paint and so to the other two (just not as much).

Although as per normal in my PLOG I have been distracted by another unit...I have decided to expand the Conscripts to at least 40...so to work in that addition I have sold off the female guardswomen (look I do have to negotiate things with Mrs. Captain Brown...cannot continue to build figure numbers forever). Also want to make another medic, standard bearer for the Third Platoon Command. However, I still need to locate 10 or more Cadian figures (I have the heads, some legs, some arms and lasguns) so if you have any to trade or sell head on over to my thread in the For Sale Forum and see if anything catches your fancy. Anyways, thought I would ask the community before trying eBay. Seems really strange not having spare Guardsmen around to build, but they have all been used up making the army.

The long painting war continues...

CB

PS: If I end up acquiring 21 figures I might make some mortars...
    Last edited by Captain Brown; 27-08-2017 at 03:04.

Welcome back everyone. Please check your old PLOGs and update photos that have been lost in the hack or Photobucket block.
    Elysian Army PLOG - Tau Army PLOG - Ork Army PLOG - Sisters of Battle PLOG - Necromunda Imperial Guard Army PLOG - Alaitoc Eldar PLOG
    Please follow the rules and respect the opinions of others - Warseer FAQ
    Selling OOP GW Books and Games - Interested in buying oop metal Eldar

still locked down edinburgh castle dungeon

Re: Captain Brown's 8th Necromunda Imperial Guard Regiment 'The Spiders' Classic Sche

Sorry to hear you've not been well, this plog was always high on my "must read" list.
    Afraid I don't have any guard bodies going spare- just twenty or so legs from when I did my highlanders...

Looking forward to more pics from you :-)

Sent from my HTC One mini using Tapatalk

CADIA STANDS! For The Emperor! For St Pius!

Mate I have the same issue I'm starting to get low on the basic figure as well.
    Colonel Jacka
    12th Cadian Mech Regt (Orphan Brigade)
    Battle Group Imperators Aegis

CADIA STANDS!! All Hail St Pius! (RHUF)
    Posted by Rhaivaen "I think some of you are way to nonchalant about this subject."

PMed you, Mate
    / SDKFZ

Welcome back! Sorry to hear about health problems but glad to see you painting again.

I might still have some Cadians around that I haven't traded off (mostly replaced them with Vic Miniatures since I get them steeply discounted). I'll have a rummage once I can chip the ice off the boxes downstairs.
    Getting sidetracked, a (dozen) projects at a time...

"Mathematics? Logic?
    Neither has ANYTHING whatsoever to do with any of this. Mixing Spock, the Borg and something else we arrive at the truth: Logic is futile. You will be administered. "

Chapter Master

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Brown View Post
    Thanks Imperial Force, sorry I let you down in 2015.

Thanks Colonel Jacka, no trouble there...I always use an epoxy resin (5 minute) and it does not "fog" the canopies.
    I read and found true that on the clear canopy pieces, one must clean them well before using superglue to avoid fogging. The fogging occurs because of moisture and grease left from handling the bit with bear fingers. Before gluing, make sure to wipe any clear bits off with some alcohol wipes... the glue vapor will then have nothing to adhere to.

jeez, I hope you feel better CB! Keep at it... and always remember the story of the Perry Brothers! That always cheers me up after losing a finger or two to rugby!

Good to see you getting back into it Captain Brown
    Here is a link to the WarSeer Forum FAQ. Please read it. Want to support WarSeer? Here's how.

Blood for the Blood God!: My Word Bearers Plog

OK, now for a truly monumental project...I am going to try and repair all the broken image links in this PLOG. There are over 1000 photos if my folder back-up is to be believed. Wish me luck.

Cheers,

CB

Welcome back everyone. Please check your old PLOGs and update photos that have been lost in the hack or Photobucket block.
    Elysian Army PLOG - Tau Army PLOG - Ork Army PLOG - Sisters of Battle PLOG - Necromunda Imperial Guard Army PLOG - Alaitoc Eldar PLOG

Good luck mate.
    Colonel Jacka

Posted by Rhaivaen "I think some of you are way to nonchalant about this subject."

Yeah good luck dude. I'm doing likewise but only for a hundred or so. You have my sympathies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inquisitor Engel View Post
    There are WAY better outlets for your sexual frustration on the Internet than Necrons.
    The Lost and the Discounted

The Cleave-man Browns

WOW ! Thats some mission, CB. Wish you the best of luck
    / SDKFZ

Good Luck, but you will need more strong nerves than luck.

I still working on one rebuild with a lot less pictures. I know the pain.
    Colonel Jacka

Thank you everyone, up to page 12 now. In some ways it is neat to look back on some of the projects, trying to do that instead of dwelling on the amount of work it is taking. I have to laugh at some of the projects (like Chimera side armour) that turned into something completely different (like the side armour going on to the Hellhounds instead).

Cheers,

CB

Chaplain

Good luck with that, I'm currently doing the same,

Thanks Mrnon,

Up to page 24, sure there are still lots of broken images, but I am getting there and still fighting.

Cheers,

CB

I just want to beat on the S.O.B who decided Photobucket would no longer allow third-party hosting on free accounts; now I'll have to link everything, assuming I can find all the old threads I used images from...

Best of luck, Mate. That one **** of a job youve got yourself here.
    / SDKFZ

Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32