Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Captain Brown's 8th Necromunda Imperial Guard Regiment 'The Spiders' Classic Scheme

Re: Captain Brown's 8th Necromunda Imperial Guard 'The Spiders' 300+ Photos to Date

the hellhound is looking spiffing good sir, simply fantastic with the side armour.

Former Inquisitor Captain Brown's Avatar

Re: Captain Brown's 8th Necromunda Imperial Guard 'The Spiders' 300+ Photos to Date

Quote Originally Posted by Petay1985 View Post
    the hellhound is looking spiffing good sir, simply fantastic with the side armour.
    Thanks Petay1985,

Here are some shots of a repaired Hellhound...I really should have taken a shot of the pieces, as my repair joins are nearly undetectable.

A little bit of grime, rust, damage and sand added. She carries the number two for her tank identifier number and the number eight for the Eighth Necromunda to whom she is attached. Not nearly as detailed as the incredible detailed backgrounds you provide in your log. Oh yes, the Heavy Bolter/Heavy Flamer attachement is still absent, but you can see the magnet in place.

The long painting and converting war continues…

CB

Disavowed Moderator...I can only move threads in MP&T and Project Logs now...I cannot revoke your warnings or give access to the Chaos Wastes.
    Elysian Army PLOG - Tau Army PLOG - Ork Army PLOG - Sisters of Battle PLOG - Necromunda Imperial Guard Army PLOG
    Please follow the rules and respect the opinions of others - Warseer FAQ
    Presently selling a fully painted OOP WHFB Orc and Goblin Army, Empire Army and Dark Elf Army - come see here

Oh Bugger! Mate I feel your pain. Hope it goes back together OK and the skirts "Did" look good until the vile cat assault!
    Colonel Jacka CNC Battle Group Imperators Aegis
    12th Cadian Mech Regt (Orphan Brigade)

All Hail St Pius!

Posted by Rhaivaen "I think some of you are way to nonchalant about this subject."

Thanks Colonel Jacka,

I have also been touching up the Chimera, here is the repaired one looking even more used and abused. She also now has a number, the mighty Twenty-One.

The long painting and converting war continues...

CB

Disavowed Moderator...I can only move threads in MP&T and Project Logs now...I cannot revoke your warnings or give access to the Chaos Wastes.
    Elysian Army PLOG - Tau Army PLOG - Ork Army PLOG - Sisters of Battle PLOG - Necromunda Imperial Guard Army PLOG
    Presently selling a fully painted OOP WHFB Orc and Goblin Army, Empire Army and Dark Elf Army - come see here

Another quick update.

Started a refresh on another Chimera, here she is before back when I had plans to add a driver...in fact this will be the forth painting of this particular Chimera, she has suffered several baths of Simple Green or Break Fluid the last decade.

Here is what she looks like right now (WIP shots); I still need to work on the turret as I need a searchlight. I think I might use the old Chimera kit's searchlight ends as they are smaller and less obtrusive than the new ones. I also need to work on her number still, but the 'Three' is coming along nicely.

The long painting war continues...

CB

Looking great, CB ! Looks like youve managed to fix up your hellhound perfectly, i cant see any breaking seams anywere, three tumbs up !

Chimeras also coming along nicely. Great to see that all those baths havent damaged the old girl.

/ SDKFZ

Quote Originally Posted by SDKFZ View Post
    Looking great, CB ! Looks like youve managed to fix up your hellhound perfectly, i cant see any breaking seams anywere, three tumbs up !

Chimeras also coming along nicely. Great to see that all those baths havent damaged the old girl.

/ SDKFZ
    Thanks SDKFZ,

Another quick update.

Started a touch-up of another Chimera...in fact just like the last one this will be the forth painting of this particular Chimera, she has suffered several baths of Simple Green or Break Fluid the last decade. In fact this is the first Chimera I ever assembled (I can tell because I made the rear ramp so that it could open and close). I got it right after the kit was first released...she has been green, brown, red and now is my Steel Legion colours. I did jump the gun and started to add her number prior to taking this before shot.

Here is what she looks like right now (WIP shots):

CB

Looking great as usual, you are really churning out the armour at late, i reackon its about time for an overall army shot.

Veteran Sergeant Master Commander Ajax's Avatar

I agree with Petay1985, would love to see an army shot!
    "Show me a fortress and I'll show you a ruin." - Captain Eddan Bourne, No. 2 Assault Company, Silver Skulls.

Check out my Blog 'The Emperor's Wrath'.

So you have 21 Chimera's then mate?

All Hail St Pius!

Posted by Rhaivaen "I think some of you are way to nonchalant about this subject."

Quote Originally Posted by Petay1985 View Post
    Looking great as usual, you are really churning out the armour at late, i reackon its about time for an overall army shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Commander Ajax View Post
    I agree with Petay1985, would love to see an army shot!
    Thanks gentlemen.

OK, I will work on getting another army shot...but I might wait until I have the transport pool complete, as it is a pain to pull out almost 200 figures at once (and I never have the camera and tripod when I go out to game). This switch over to tanks has highlighted some more troop choices/upgrades I want to tackle. Some Ratling snipers (although for Necromunda they would be Ratskin snipers) and an Astropath need to be painted/added.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Jacka View Post
    So you have 21 Chimera's then mate?
    That would be far too many, I have eleven Chimeras altogether, but only eight are painted and of those eight, five need the love and attention these first few and the Hellhound have received.

So here is my vehicles ready at this point (although this photo is already stale-dated as I have added Search Lights to the Chimeras now). I also worked on the waterslide transfers, painted exhaust from the engines and started touch ups.

CB

Looking good Capt Brown as always. The Motor Pool is cohesive for sure.
    The 75th Logres Prime Ice Drakes:
    http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96543

Thanks razormasticator,

Well a little problem that has been nagging me finally has been solved. Since Chimera transports now come with a Searchlight as standard I wanted to add something that did not overpower the turret (that and I only had two of the new Searchlights). I tinkered around with the old search lights and finally did this minor conversion using the end of the old searchlights and some cabling from the Lascannon side-sponsons of a Marine tank (not sure which one as I got them in a trade).

The result:

I placed them on the right side of the turret as that area has always seemed empty due to the off-setting of the turrets; I also wanted it behind the vehicle numbering plate.

The long painting and converting war continues...

CB

Looks good CB, but those smoke launchers look a bit too much like a triple slaaneshi boob and take attention from your cleverly rigged lights.
    Getting sidetracked, a (dozen) projects at a time...

"Mathematics? Logic?
    Neither has ANYTHING whatsoever to do with any of this. Mixing Spock, the Borg and something else we arrive at the truth: Logic is futile. You will be administered. "

Quote Originally Posted by Faolan View Post
    Looks good CB, but those smoke launchers look a bit too much like a triple slaaneshi boob and take attention from your cleverly rigged lights.
    Now you mention it they do! Maybe a little bit of black paint may correct that.

All Hail St Pius!

I like what you made with those old searchlights, looks just right to me.
    Do have to say that i agree with Faolan and Colonel Jacka on the launchers though. Think you need to repaint them so they dont look like something they are not !

/ SDKFZ

Quote Originally Posted by Faolan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Jacka View Post
    Now you mention it they do! Maybe a little bit of black paint may correct that.
    Quote Originally Posted by SDKFZ View Post
    I like what you made with those old searchlights, looks just right to me.
    Do have to say that i agree with Faolan and Colonel Jacka on the launchers though. Think you need to repaint them so they dont look like something they are not !

/ SDKFZ
    Thanks guys, I never thought about that...I have not played against a Slaaneshi army since playing Warhammer...a chance might be a slight problem as I went wild this weekend and weathered a whole troop of tanks. But I can probably make some changes...but all my photos are with the Smoke Launchers with white and red covers.

Here is one member of the troop before:

Now she is Chimera #10: (that is the tank's number, not my tenth Chimera)

Rust, dust and grime have been added, as well as the Searchlight and Smoke Launcher (which will now be referred to as the Triple-Nipple until I change the colour).

Thanks for the comments and any suggestions for the Triple-Nipple colour change are welcome...as well as comments and suggestions on anything else.

CB

Next update.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chimera55.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	247.6 KB 
ID:	138273

Name:	Chimera56.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	306.2 KB 
ID:	138274

Name:	Chimera57.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	279.1 KB 
ID:	138275

Name:	Chimera58.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	302.5 KB 
ID:	138276

Now looks like this:

Name:	Chimera72.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	312.8 KB 
ID:	138277

Name:	Chimera73.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	371.8 KB 
ID:	138278

Name:	Chimera74.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	361.5 KB 
ID:	138279

Name:	Chimera75.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	382.5 KB 
ID:	138280

Chimera #2...whose crew have named "Deus"...because somehow is sounds a little like the number...sort of...OK I used only part of a name from the transfer sheet. She still has the "Triple-Nipple" smoke launchers, which will need some touching up later.

Trying something new with attachments as my Photobucket keeps getting too many views and shuts down...the price of some many photos for your viewing enjoyment.

CB

Triple Nipple. I like that. Ha
    The 75th Logres Prime Ice Drakes:
    http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96543

Youve gotten up to speed on those chimeras, CB. Some time ago you wrot that you had eight painted chimeras, does this mean that youve now painted all your eleven chimeras ?
    If so, darn, ive only managed to do eight and ive only painted five
    Wish i had your "drive".

The launchers on Nr:10 looks more militaristic, imho

/ SDKFZ

Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast