Page 3 of 75 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Building the medieval city

Re: Building the medieval city

Mine?

Looking great again! Excellent detail on it.
    Is that a 28mm figure in front of the door?
    Tale of Fantasy Painters hall of fame: 2008/09 edition, 2009/10 edition, 2010/11 edition, 2011/12 edition

Even I have a Blog nowadays...

Quote Originally Posted by Ghod View Post
    Any plans for Mordheim terrain?? go on you know you want to
    I second that.

Some nice ruins for Mordheim would be awesome.
    2012 Minis bought: 363 - - Minis painted: 373
    2013 Minis bought: 1060 - - Minis painted: 210
    2014 Minis bought: 651 - - Minis painted: 63
    2015 Minis bought: 1057 - - Minis painted: 105 - - Sold: 556
    2016 Minis bought: 386 - - Minis painted: 8 - - Sold: 332

Thank you all again for great comments. That is a big motivation for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Theomar Pius View Post
    Are the shudders hinged?
    They have hinges, but they don't open or close, they're glued

Quote Originally Posted by Ghod View Post
    Jiminy Cricket!!!

where did you get that cat by the way, or is it self sculpted?

If I could make a suggestion that would fill me with joy and happiness?...

Any plans for Mordheim terrain?? go on you know you want to
    The cat, as all other things, is self sculpted. We don't use finished products. All we need is wood, stone, metal and green stuff

Feel free to give any suggestion, we'd love to hear from all of you what should we build next, what can be done better...anything realy.

Mordheim is definitely in plans, but first we have to form a small medieval town and some buildings for other races (orc huts, dwarf mines, elves tree houses). But if the interest is high enough we can do Mordheim now (we do commisions you know )

Quote Originally Posted by Braad View Post
    Is that a 28mm figure in front of the door?
    Yes, all our work, for now, is in 28 mm scale.

Once again thanx to all.

Tabletop World
    Last edited by Tabletop World; 19-01-2009 at 18:30.

Awesome, simply awesome.

Have you thought about making a kit that can be used as a ruined building as well as a complete one like you have shown thus far? So maybe it splits in two or something so you can have it destroyed mid-game etc?
    For your convenience:The spikedog all-in-wonder-log! 40K, Fantasy, Necromunda, Scenery, its all there!

The Attic Gaming Club Podcast - Just in case you wanted to hear me chat rubbish with other gamers...

Banned

Great Job guys, congrats to you! I want to see more, but i'd also like to see some high elven towers, or mansions-i have yet to find any worth-paying scenery for my army.I would like to see some better high elven fortifications-guard towers etc. Also what about wizard towers?
    I'm sorry for my english but when you say commissions you mean that you accept
    specific orders for any building we would like you to build for us?
    Keep up the good work!!

Elven buildings would be greatly appreciated methinks. I'm still trying to figure out a way to build a castle for my WE so I can play a siege game, and yes, I know that probably sounds a bit freaky from a background point-of-view. But still, elven buildings (especially for wood elves) is something I've been looking for.

One thing that could easily be used by all elven armies is a barrow in elven style, since WE are described as having alot of their halls underground, and I figure it might be used as an elven tomb/mausoleum for DE and HE. I'm a bit allerigc to tree-houses myself, but i'd love to see your take on them!
    Plog of Jericho - Wood Elves, Daemons, Beastmen, CSM and Whatnot.

MD: You got a christmas gift?
    House: Yeah, 'cause I worship Santa. Or wait, is that Satan? I always get them mixed up.

Wow this is excellent. At first I was a bit woohoo! Then a bit hmmmm. But before a few seconds I was woohoo again

The level of detail is great without being overwhelming. Nice balance of medieval and fantasy. The size looks about right for WFB.

The only criticism I can think of is that the roof on one side is abit large and plain. It still looks good it just looks too big. Ideally a second balcony or small window would break that up.

Thank you all, we appreciate your comments!

Quote Originally Posted by spikedog View Post
    Have you thought about making a kit that can be used as a ruined building
    Ruins are great and we'll make them for sure, but first we have to make a few whole ones

Quote Originally Posted by AramilSairSianontel View Post
    ...when you say commissions you mean that you accept specific orders for any building we would like you to build for us?
    Thats exactly what we mean feel free to express yourself, find a picture or draw one, send it to us, and we'll see what can be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Satan View Post
    Elven buildings would be greatly appreciated methinks. I'm still trying to figure out a way to build a castle for my WE so I can play a siege game
    The problem with wood elves and their buildings is that they are full of little branches and leafs and that's kind of hard to mold and cast. But I think something can be done. What do you think about several trees with platforms connected with hanging bridges?

Quote Originally Posted by static grass View Post
    The only criticism I can think of is that the roof on one side is abit large and plain. It still looks good it just looks too big. Ideally a second balcony or small window would break that up.
    That's the beauty of this hobby, you can always build any addition or do any conversion you like.

Tabletop World
    Last edited by Tabletop World; 19-01-2009 at 18:31.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabletop World View Post
    Thank you all, we appreciate your comments!

The problem with wood elves and their buildings is that they are full of little branches and leafs and that's kind of hard to mold and cast. But I think something can be done. What do you think about several trees with platforms connected with hanging bridges?
    Any time.

Personally I think there may be a few challenges in making something like that which would work. Ideally I think you'd want to appeal as many elven players/collectors as possible and trees may be a bit too aimed at merely wood elves.

Though like I've said before, it'd be interesting to see your take on it. I think the concept is rather outdated to be truthful though. Even though it surely would be interesting to have a little tree-village like the one in lord of the rings, I think it lacks practical value. The stuff you make appeals to me since it looks like buldings that serve a practical need on the battlefield, whether you play WFB, Mordheim, Confrontation, etc. The risk with trees and platforms would be that they'd practically be restricted to skirmish games IMO.

If we're talking wood elves strictly, then I'd much rather see other kinds of buildings, such as a temple, barrow or elven ruins for example. These could surely be based on ancient or lighting-struck great oaks.

For your inspiration, I'd recommend reading up on the Elves as they're presented in the germanic mythology:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%81l...orse_mythology

Old Norse and Swedish in particular, since it seems to me that the GW Wood elves are based on these. See links below.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%81lfheim

Sorry if I seem a bit eager, I'll sure be interested in whichever concept you come up with. Just wanted to send some inspiration.

But my vote goes out for barrows and mounds with distinct elven character, however one would procure that.

House: Yeah, 'cause I worship Santa. Or wait, is that Satan? I always get them mixed up.

For your inspiration, I'd recommend reading up on the Elves as they're presented in the germanic mythology:

Old Norse and Swedish in particular, since it seems to me that the GW Wood elves are based on these. See links below.

Mate, you just got me interested in Wood Elves... in fact, I think they are going to be my next army, I never noticed really how many similarities there are with the Alver and as an admirer of all things norse I just have to get me some welves!

Glad to be of service. It's something I've been trying to recreate with my own wood elves (link in sig) but I think you could take it a few steps further and incorporate dwarven and dark elven elements as well.

Any time.

Personally I think there may be a few challenges in making something like that which would work. Ideally I think you'd want to appeal as many elven players/collectors as possible and trees may be a bit too aimed at merely wood elves.

Though like I've said before, it'd be interesting to see your take on it. I think the concept is rather outdated to be truthful though. Even though it surely would be interesting to have a little tree-village like the one in lord of the rings, I think it lacks practical value. The stuff you make appeals to me since it looks like buldings that serve a practical need on the battlefield, whether you play WFB, Mordheim, Confrontation, etc. The risk with trees and platforms would be that they'd practically be restricted to skirmish games IMO.

If we're talking wood elves strictly, then I'd much rather see other kinds of buildings, such as a temple, barrow or elven ruins for example. These could surely be based on ancient or lighting-struck great oaks.
    Thanks man!
    We'll have in mind your ideas.

Sorry if I seem a bit eager, I'll sure be interested in whichever concept you come up with. Just wanted to send some inspiration.

But my vote goes out for barrows and mounds with distinct elven character, however one would procure that.
    Inspirational material! Tnx a lot!
    Last edited by Tabletop World; 21-01-2009 at 18:55.

Hello guys!

For all of you who are interested in our stuff, we've decided that from now on, we're going to put WIP pictures of our projects as they come along.
    Momentarily we are building Blacksmith's Forge.
    So here are a couple of WIP pictures.
    The ground floor is already cast in resin and assembled (although the bars on the windows are still missing).
    The building will expand in size on the upper floors.
    Piled firewood is ready to be molded.

Hope you like it so far.

Well crap me, this is fantastic! Whats in the pipe line after this? Oh, oh, do a castle. No, do a castle with siege engines. No, do a castle with seige engines on fire. With bears!
    "...When you're wounded and left on Afghanistans plains, and the women come out to cut up what remains, just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains, an' go to your god like a solider."
    - Kipling

If maybe some time down the road you would make some sort of lizardy mayan/aztec temple...
    that would be awesome.

Ps. the blacksmiths forge is excellent.

Looking good. Hope you get your webpage set up soon-ish.

Looks nice. Very interested to see where this one goes too!

Chaplain

yummie. nice to see, as per the last pic, that the houses are cast hollow, and therefore should be cheaper to buy and ship
    Hertz

Lovely job on that building m8! How much will they be?
    A mind without purpose buys stuff it doesn't need.
    My Modular Swamp project log!
    A lonely planet guide to your very own planet? Come join in the fun on my Design a world thread!

Page 3 of 75 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast