Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 467th / 752nd Krieg Independent Night Fighting Reg.

467th / 752nd Krieg Indep. Night Fight. Reg. "Uhu"

Right, i have several little threads going, and i hope this one will be my serious attempt to have big thread.

My first pic on the board: enjoy, as i do.
    As you all can see, i used a Sdkfz 222 as a basis for a light armoured scout vehicle, i equipped it with a Lascannon and an Autocannon, thanks to spare parts of a friend. I have a 2nd vehicle in progress with the same weapon config, the 3rd i wanted to give a different weapon config, but not sure yet what weapons, and the command vehicle will be a Sdkfz 221, with the big areal on it and smaller turret. A unit of 3 +1.
    My idea is to incorporate this unit with a marine force based on siege/ night fighting, in addition to creating background fluff for this unit, i have also started a thread on the Desert Lions chapter http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167923, but i digress

This Regiment's background fluff:
    When the Desert Lions chapter demanded for Imp.Guard backup and Naval support to ship said Imp.Guard to their sector, they were answered by a officer of Krieg. The officer assured them that the Regiments of Krieg could supply the amount of weapons and guard that were needed for the campaign the Marines had in mind. He lied a little, as the Officer in question had only several broken and half strength regiments under his command.
    Those regiments had been amalgamated into the 467th / 752nd, and were not specialized at that time in anything but surviving.
    Equipped with several units of Malcadors, and some old Leman Russes, the regiment was understrength to say the least.
    The Marine commanders did not mind this, and saw that the guard officer was as loyal to the emperor and his teachings as any marine, they accepted the offer, for they could not wait to long with their planned campaign, they did however put in another request at the Adeptus Minutorium (sp?, and it is the right one?) for additional manpower from Krieg.
    To get the units they received straight away into a coherent fighting force, they decided to specialize them further then their basic doctrines were.
    While the marines could see good in the night with all the augmented vision and systems in their armour, the imp guard could not, and it was then decided that equipment to compensate for that would have to be made by the chapters forges. The techmarines managed to design a small fast 4 wheeled scout vehicle that bore some heavy weaponry and incorporated some night fighting systems which they made.
    The chapter has made trade agreements with both Accatran and Stratix as both are forge worlds and have requested huge amounts of materials and recruits for both the PDF’s and the possible new recruits for the chapter itself and backup for the Krieg regiment involved. So far, the demands have been met. The marine forges have also been active repairing a lot of the Malcadors so that the strength of the imp.guard is boosted to sufficient levels.
    The Marine chapter has awarded the regiment with the rights to build home on one of planets after the system is cleansed of all the Orkoids.
    So far of all the 7 planets now 5 are clear and 1 is being implemented for living by the Krieg Regiments and any supporting units.
    Basic layout of the regiment(aka wishlist):
    3+1 Scout Vehicles (Tzigone)
    1 Malcador + 2 Valdor's
    3 Leman Russ variants, based on Pzkpfw IV

Will edit!, more on its way.
    Last edited by Rhaivaen; 13-03-2013 at 15:12.
    Have a look at my Combined Krieg/ Ryzan Husarz-Grenadiers attempt: http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=177393
    Quote Originally Posted by Juggalo
    If my post comes across as angry/aggressive/offensive/whatever, it is not intended as such. At worst, it is merely incredulity, conveyed through the inflexible format of an internet forum.Don't flatter yourself thinking anything to the contrary

Re: 467th / 752nd Krieg Independent Night Fighting Reg.

Anybody have suggestions as to what i should name my Sdkfz 222's? in a suitable Imperial vehicle name-like style?

And any comments or suggestions to my fluff?
    Have a look at my Combined Krieg/ Ryzan Husarz-Grenadiers attempt: http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=177393
    If my post comes across as angry/aggressive/offensive/whatever, it is not intended as such. At worst, it is merely incredulity, conveyed through the inflexible format of an internet forum.Don't flatter yourself thinking anything to the contrary

I'm actually looking for a name for my Scout car as well... It's for my Engineers.

Whilst enjoying my bath, lol, i had a brainstorm: Tzigone or just Tigone from another world based on a desert not to hard to remember for our D&D fans...
    Reason why i chose a cat-like-name is simple, the marines who made the damn thing were also the ones to give it its name, and them being the Desert Lions, they like kitties
    Last edited by Rhaivaen; 08-01-2009 at 00:03.

Chaplain

Great idea i love
    Any question 1/35 or 1/48 vehicule
    Last edited by hur@n; 08-01-2009 at 16:18.

Quote Originally Posted by hur@n View Post
    Great idea i love
    Any question 1/35 or 1/48 vehicule

Thanks for the kind words.

My vehicles? all the tanks and such that i use are scale 1/35.

I feel that now that i got 4 ratings already, i have to keep a high standard, hmmz...

Unfortunately my digi-camera is crap and i cant seem to get it into proper focus to get a nice enough shot for my Krieg commands quad...

I have in the workings several things but i also wish to spend 200 pnds on 2 Valdors and a Malcador Annihilator, hmmz, but i haven't yet finished any of the vehicles i already have yet, hehe...

Keeping focus at hand is one thing that's difficult for me... will do my best to make this a nice and enjoyable thread..till later.

and as an afterthought:
    anybody have a good suggestion what weapons i could put on the third Tzigone?
    I have 2 with a Lascannon/ Autocannon config, and i think that the Tzigone command is going to have a simple Heavy Stubber, maybe the 3rd Tzigone could get a Multi Melta? or what other weapons are suitable for a night fighting urban warfare based recon vehicle?
    Last edited by Rhaivaen; 08-01-2009 at 23:07.

I just have a heavy stubber on mine. maybe a heavy flamer?

Quote Originally Posted by Baron von Lexus View Post
    I just have a heavy stubber on mine. maybe a heavy flamer?
    Well, the command version will have a H. Stubber, but the 3rd basic variant, will not.. i am thinking plasma or melta cannon, but will that fit the turret?

Ya you could probably make that work.

Regimental composition:

Lt. Tuvia Bielski's 1st Heavy Tank Company:
    1 Malcador
    2 Valdor's

2nd Tank Company:
    3 IVth Kruezer Inf.Support Tank's (config. 1 Baneblade's Hellcannon, 1 auto cannon and a heavy stubber)

Colonel Thoth's Ist Infantry Company
    1 Horch command "panzer" (armoured truck with twin-linked heavy stubber, smoke launcher)

Command Squad:
    Colonel Thoth, power weapon, carapace armour, refractor field, frag, krak, trademark item (leather great coat).
    1 Guardsmen with Master-Vox.
    1 Vet.guardsmen with Standard.
    1 Guardsmen with Grenade Launcher.
    1 Guardsmen with Plasma Gun.

3 Tzigone scout vehicles ( 2 armed with autocannon/ lascannon config, 1 with Multi Melta and heavy stubber, all have search lights)
    1 Tzigone command (Improved comms + heavy stubber)

1 Infantry squad:
    Vet.Sergeant, carapace armour, shotgun, laspistol/ cc wpn,
    1 Guardsmen with Grenade Launcher.
    1 Guardsmen with Vox-caster.
    7 Guardsmen with Lasgun.

Supporting Fleet composition:
    The "
    Obvious Defiance", semi permanently attached to this battle group, it provides the air support, as its a Dictator class starfighter and attack craft carrier and as a transport vessel for the regiment.
    Commanded by Fleet-Captain Zus, it is the flag ship of a old and understrenght fleet containing:

Defense Monitors:
    Graf von Rajecz
    Szent István
    , retrofitted and slight rebuild to hold a squadron of fighters, better internal systems and force fields to keep the air inside.
    Graf von Burian

Avenger Class Grand Cruiser:
    Graf Czernin von Chudenitz

will edit.
    Last edited by Rhaivaen; 12-01-2009 at 16:21.

2 WIP shots, have to clean them before putting them together because of paint not sticking, sigh, i hate that bit, i just want to get at it and stick ehm together, lol

I intend to use 1 engineer for each squad as a sgt, reflecting their more technical aspect, in that they build more and have to keep more in repair then other similar Death Korps regiments would have...

Hi all, again a little musing,
    I have the incredible urge to build a starship (could then play space hulk on/ in it...) but my problem is realistic scale and actual size, it will be massive if i build any of the capital ships, and might not be realistic, unless i build it 6' by 3,5', which will fill a whole gaming table at least.

What are all your thoughts?
    Should i maybe build a smaller vessel, like a Frigate or Destroyer? or can i realistically build a monitor or other grand design?

17 January 2009
    Terms and Conditions: Accepted

Shopping Cart
    REF DESCRIPTION QUANTITY Price: COST
    IA-GUA-T-118 ***** VALDOR TANK HUNTER ***** 2
    £68.50 £137.00
    IA-GUA-T-099 MALCADOR HEAVY TANK WITH LASCANNONS 1
    £63.60 £63.60
    IA-DKK-I-004. DEATH KORPS OF KRIEG LASCANNON TEAM 1 1
    £14.70 £14.70
    IA-DKK-A-002 DEATH KORPS OF KRIEG EQUIPMENT SET 1
    £9.80 £9.80
    IA-DKK-I-001 DEATH KORPS OF KRIEG INFANTRY SQUAD ADVANCING 1
    £33.30 £33.30
    Subtotal £258.40
    Total £258.40
    Woot! i am spoiling myself with a big order..

Well, i have some blurry pics i want to share that i made with my cam-camera, but the site is not finding the upload page, sigh...
    So i guess i will have to tell u peeps that i am slowly painting, until i receive that order i was so happy about, then i can go nuts

will post blurry pics asap when system lets me...
    Last edited by Rhaivaen; 18-01-2009 at 23:22.

More blurry pics

Some possible ideas for the mood of the "ship" I want to build...
    Have ordered several barrels from an stockist, who does 1/35th scale tank barrels, see if i can make an interesting construct..
    This is what i ordered:
    4 x RBM - Gun Barrell 10.5cm leFH 18 - Germany light field howitzer Scale: 1/35
    4 x RBM - Gun Barrell 15.0cm L/11,4 sIG 33 - Howitzer, Grille, Bison Scale: 1/35
    3 x RBM - Gun Barrell 2cm FlaK 38 L/50 - AA Guns, Armoured vehicles Scale: 1/35
    1 x RBM - Machine Gun ZB vz. 37 Czech - Germany name: MG37(t) exp: Tanks 35(t), 38(t) Scale: 1/35
    2 x RBM - Gun Barrell 10.5cm StuH 42 L/28 - StuG III Scale: 1/35

Last edited by Rhaivaen; 26-01-2009 at 02:51.

Germany, between Heidelberg and Karlsruhe

Hello Rhaivaen,

I really like your concept and your solutions to your builds.
    I agree that building a real ship or starship would be way beyond the gaming table
    Maybe you can find the concept appealing that I used for my ZEUS
    You can get a lot of your weapons on there, it has space to transport soldiers as well as either one or two small vehilces, or up to 10 walkers - I intend to use my BOREAS as transported Walkers.
    Good Luck with your build.
    Cheers
    Klaus
    ZEUS super heavy tank for the Imperial Guard

...Even though I find it a bit unfair to throw the argument of "reality" into the ring, in an universe where not one tank has even remotely spotted the slightest glimpse of the outer spheres of reality...

@Klaus, thanks for the reply.

Well, i want to build a space ship, that has decent size, but maybe not be able to carry all the regiments units that i have in mind, lol.
    Size wise i think a destroyer or similar sized ship would be better , though it would be fun if there could fit 2 thunderbolts and some into the ship (at least story-wise), not perse that i would really build a full interior.
    The "and some" would be some imp guard units that will have the size of a scouting group?

Hello Rhaivaen,
    I like your idea and your models here.
    Good inspiration and I also like your "fluff".
    Keep us updated on how it's progressing, please!

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast