Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: 467th / 752nd Krieg Independent Night Fighting Reg.

Banned

Re: 467th / 752nd Krieg Independent Night Fighting Reg.

I dont know how possible building any sort of worthwhile starship will be for you. Even a Destroyer/Frigate would be bigger than most peoples game tables...

@ the 2 replies, i will react later at them...

I have just bought a 150 pounds digi camera, woot!!!!, meaning now i can focus on my mini's and make proper pics.. will update photo's asap..Also received my 2 orders, 1 from forge, and the other from Modelsforsale...and i ordered a new passport in Leeds, so i can go back in 1,5 months to my home country for a visit..lol. Busy day it was.
    Last edited by Rhaivaen; 27-01-2009 at 17:15.
    Have a look at my Combined Krieg/ Ryzan Husarz-Grenadiers attempt: http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=177393
    Quote Originally Posted by Juggalo
    If my post comes across as angry/aggressive/offensive/whatever, it is not intended as such. At worst, it is merely incredulity, conveyed through the inflexible format of an internet forum.Don't flatter yourself thinking anything to the contrary

Veteran Sergeant

Ah, that's a good idea, Rhaivaen; I wish more people could do such things. I would like to disagree that a destroyer wouldn't fit many people's table (although it'd be a close run), but now we shouldn't limit ourselves - this is the 41st millenium, and the possibilities are endless when it comes to, for example, ship classes (now of course you really must keep a post-Victorian mood about it!), so think outsides boxes here.

The fact that your regiment is an 'independent night fighting' unit hints quite much at sneaky landings, so this'd make a regiment-attached aquatic vessel more than approriate. In fact, on worlds with oceanic coverage, I could imagine entire night fighting divisions being sneaked in across the lengths of coastlines to raid and wreak havoc in the dark.

If it'd look as though it could fit all your soldiers, plan how you want it. Should it merely look as though it could, or should your army (any planned size?) be able to stand aboard it for games? Best of luck on the ship, and you might want to use some CoD panels in its construction.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenoid View Post
    The fact that your regiment is an 'independent night fighting' unit hints quite much at sneaky landings, so this'd make a regiment-attached aquatic vessel more than approriate. In fact, on worlds with oceanic coverage, I could imagine entire night fighting divisions being sneaked in across the lengths of coastlines to raid and wreak havoc in the dark.
    Weeeeellllll...ehm, i wasn't intend on making it an actual aquatic naval vessel, just use the basis of the looks for it, but keep it atmospheric and space bound.

If it'd look as though it could fit all your soldiers, plan how you want it. Should it merely look as though it could, or should your army (any planned size?) be able to stand aboard it for games? Best of luck on the ship, and you might want to use some CoD panels in its construction.
    CoD? meaning?
    Sizewise i havent a clue yet, i would like to have a slingshot Thunderbolt or 2 ontop of the ship and several turrets, but the barrels i just bought are not very big still usefull but not maybe as main weapons, hmmz.

The barrel in the 2nd pic is 0,6th of an inch in diameter of barrel and 2,16 inch in barrel lenght, not counting the bronze back-bit.
    The thing is, its much larger then a lascannon maybe equal to a battle cannon?, but far smaller then per example the Valdor Neutron Laser Projector or a Shadowsword Volcano cannon.
    I am wondering out loud what i i should use them for, hmmz, maybe long barrelled Lascannons?
    Last edited by Rhaivaen; 27-01-2009 at 19:23.
    Have a look at my Combined Krieg/ Ryzan Husarz-Grenadiers attempt: http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=177393
    If my post comes across as angry/aggressive/offensive/whatever, it is not intended as such. At worst, it is merely incredulity, conveyed through the inflexible format of an internet forum.Don't flatter yourself thinking anything to the contrary

Banned

Cities of Death.

@ Zwing Zwang and Xenoid, thanks!, its nice to receive praise i guess.
    @ chaos0xomega, the intention is to make the ship big enough to be a centrepiece/ feature on the table, and maybe even make it playable in a apocalypse game, but not to huge that i cant transport it

2 new pic's: the vet sgt and his brother, the priest, yes a sigmarian fantasy model.. i love how it looks and feels very fitting to a Krieg army regardless of not having a gasmask,
    Although i am not sure how to arm him yet, i wanted to give him a laspistol and ccwpn, but i think a las pistol is not an option, hmmz
    And yes! that blurry shadowy picture is of one of my 2 new additions, 2 Valdors, ill use them asap in my imperial guard army when i am able to field it.
    Last edited by Rhaivaen; 29-01-2009 at 01:47.

I am interested in this ship i found on DeviantArt...
    The roundness of that middle ship plus the old and nostalgic structuring of the WWI ships would make my day happy...:chrome:
    Last edited by Rhaivaen; 06-02-2009 at 20:21.

On a different note, back to my imperial guard itself, and not the attached Navy..lol.

Am in the process of slowly (as time/ work allows) to build up the Valdors, but i havent started to work on them to seriously yet, as i havent a clue what paint scheme's i want on them, have to define the looks i want the regiment to have, and have to keep "night-fighting" in the back of my mind.

Saying that, i am not above keeping the infantry models in the simple grey, as grey always works imo. but the cavalry should be more "Impressive".

Do you readers have any suggestions to a night fighting colour scheme? are there any real life references? preferably WWI + II..

I am quite partial to this one:
    http://www.kamouflage.net/camouflage/00226.php
    And as Sheep suggested change the bright green into a brown..
    Last edited by Rhaivaen; 02-02-2009 at 01:39.

Germany, between Heidelberg and Karlsruhe

Well you could use the gey/blueish Metro pattern for the Nightfighters:
    http://www.kamouflage.net/camouflage/00201.php
    and then the green Flecktarn for the cavalry
    http://www.kamouflage.net/camouflage/00226.php

Pretty similar patterns, one adjusted to the night, the other for daylight ops.
    Cheers
    Klaus
    ZEUS super heavy tank for the Imperial Guard

...Even though I find it a bit unfair to throw the argument of "reality" into the ring, in an universe where not one tank has even remotely spotted the slightest glimpse of the outer spheres of reality...

That Metro camo does not stir me as much as the Belgian flecktarn does, and i will heed Sheep's advice and change the light green into a brown.., meaning he will be dark grey/ light grey/ orange and brown...:chrome:

I like the Kreig models you've got painted so far. The WHFB model as a priest works well, even without the gas mask. After all, the Emperor protects him, why would he need one?
    4000 pts 'nids, 6000 pts light infantry IG, 5000 pts combined arms IG, 6000 pts SW, 7000 pts Ultramarines, 6000 pts DE, 4000 pts Tau

Killing people doesn't solve your problems. It does shut people up long enough for you to figure out a possible solution.

Published Author. Check out my website: kalspriggs.wordpress.com

I've gotten 2 welding torch nozzles, with a barrel diameter of 1 cm, and a total lenght of 6,5 cm, making them very big if somewhat short, and i was thinking that it would fit a defence type ship or support ship, heavy armour, shorter ranged main weaponry then a normal ship of its type, but heavier in after effect.
    I am though wondering, how much higher can u get than str 10 what effects would make it seem different on a ship then a "Volcano cannon or a neutron Laser"? i do think weapon rules wise it should be in this category..

More thoughts and plans to come..

@kalspriggs
    Thanks for the compliment..
    I will try to get painting some more, but my 2 jobs totalling 54 hrs a week dont allow for much more then sleep and eat... hmmz.
    Today is my day off this week, and i am about to go to GW to get some paints

Edit: just bought 5 new paints, catachan green, kommando khaki, snakebite leather, blazing orange and calthan brown, so i guess i am set now, paint wise.
    Last edited by Rhaivaen; 03-02-2009 at 18:09.

Update:
    Herr Commissar.

Well, two more mugshots.. one to emphasise what the whole squad will be like and one to show more or less the new special weapon trooper i nearly finished..enjoy (WIP), and 2nd two are also wip, not to happy about the camo scheme yet, but it will come sometime soon, and a heroic pose for another grenade launcher bearer doing an underhanded shot with his weapon, on a barrel to have a better field of fire etc...heh
    Last edited by Rhaivaen; 10-02-2009 at 04:50.

To beef up the amount of infantry i can field, i have bought a box of 20 cadians, also a Empire General and 2 cadian officers with power gloves (for conversion bits).
    However, if i compare the quality of the Krieg to the Cadians, i dont feel very happy with the robust nature of the cadians, they just look to bulky, i did make a commander with powerglove and cloak/ dagger.. pics will come later

Also just now i bought cadian heavy weapon boxed set and a box of flagellants for fluff..
    Last edited by Rhaivaen; 24-02-2009 at 15:49.

"Cadian" senior officer and some guard.. i am trying to go for the dishevelled look with these, so they will fit the looks of a group of old veterans that retired on one of the planets of the Desert Lions Chapter, but have since been pressed back into service because of the orcs plaguing the system

The officer has a cadian powerglove, right arm/ cape of a Empire General and accompanying soldier has the "leftover" pistol hand of the cadian officer i ripped apart for this
    Last edited by Rhaivaen; 24-02-2009 at 17:53.

A bit of an absence.. but i am still here, working to much unfortunately..

What i am working on now:
    The tank is a Pzkpfw IV Ausf H with a Ryza battle cannon atm, i have some trouble fitting a 2ndairy weapon though, but the cannon fits nicely imo.

The cavalry is interesting, as i tried the first batch to be made without the lances, as i had no idea how to create such in a sound fashion to fit 40K, but i have seen somewhere a lance with the head of a mortar grenade, and this looks nifty.. will make a piccy of that in a bit.

Last blurry piccy is the lance with added on mortar munition.
    Last edited by Rhaivaen; 17-06-2009 at 00:00.

Update on inventory, as i have bought a lot, but havent finished much...

1 Doomhammer,
    (i decided to make him permanently in this config, as i like the idea of all-commer, and I don't have any experience with magnets.)

2 Sdkfz. 167 "Destroyers"

4 Sdkfz. 222 "Tzigone"
    (With a config of a Lascannon and a Autocannon in the turret, dont know yet what to count them as)

5 Sdkfz. 161 Ausf.H "Leman Russ"
    (2 atm with Ryza pattern Battle cannon, and 1 with Ryza Plasma cannon, the rest still to do.)

at least a Full squad of (10) Rough Riders, 2,5 Command sections and
    30 on sprue, and one sealed box of 20.

A unbuild Krupp Protze,
    A AFS C.D. Type Polar Bear

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast