Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: 467th / 752nd Krieg Independent Night Fighting Reg.

Re: 467th / 752nd Krieg Independent Night Fighting Reg.

Something as big as a destroyer or frigate would be a major undertaking and the size of a game table. On the otherhand, Something akin to an MTB or E-Boat would probably be, scale wise, about the width of a baneblade and twice as long. Whilst not as heavily gunned as a destroyer or frigate, they could still be realitively well armed with cannons, heavy machine guns, torpedos etc

You scout cars are looking good, i was thinking of using something similar (maybe a bren carrier) for my guard army.

Quote Originally Posted by Col. Frost View Post
    Something as big as a destroyer or frigate would be a major undertaking and the size of a game table. On the otherhand, Something akin to an MTB or E-Boat would probably be, scale wise, about the width of a baneblade and twice as long. Whilst not as heavily gunned as a destroyer or frigate, they could still be realitively well armed with cannons, heavy machine guns, torpedos etc

Yea, but i was thinking about capability wise to compare it to an Imperator Titan, but then slightly bigger , that is, i have 4 barrels that look the equivalent of the Doomhammer's cannon.. so i want them on the ship, as well as i will buy a titan weapon or 2 to go in the main turrets, and then 2ndairy weaponry.., but i still have to come up with the basic buildup of the damn thing as i have 2 flavors i want to mix, making it difficult to start a design.

You scout cars are looking good, i was thinking of using something similar (maybe a bren carrier) for my guard army.

I think Forgeworld stole that idea for their DkoK Centaur...looks to similar in concept to be accidental

And thanks for the reply!
    Have a look at my Combined Krieg/ Ryzan Husarz-Grenadiers attempt: http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=177393
    Quote Originally Posted by Juggalo
    If my post comes across as angry/aggressive/offensive/whatever, it is not intended as such. At worst, it is merely incredulity, conveyed through the inflexible format of an internet forum.Don't flatter yourself thinking anything to the contrary

Some stuff i am working on now. just to show i am busy, even how little
    Have a look at my Combined Krieg/ Ryzan Husarz-Grenadiers attempt: http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=177393
    If my post comes across as angry/aggressive/offensive/whatever, it is not intended as such. At worst, it is merely incredulity, conveyed through the inflexible format of an internet forum.Don't flatter yourself thinking anything to the contrary

Chaplain

Very good conversion is this 1/35 panzer IV

Quote Originally Posted by hur@n View Post
    Very good conversion is this 1/35 panzer IV
    Why thank you, yes it is 1/35, i think the turret and Forge World barrel fit very nicely, and far more realistically then the original turret (regarding work space/ storage of ammo etc.), what might be a bit off compared to the imp.guard officer, is the height of the superstructure, but that might be negligible after i put the Schurzen up on its sides and turret.

Scout

I saw you were asking for ideas for some spare forgeworld Leman Russ turrets. Here they go my two cents:

I use 1/35 Tamiya halftracks for chimeras (I prefer them to 1/48 because I feel it would be easier to fit 12 people+crew inside)

And thinking of your turrets I did this mock up with a Leman russ one:

The cannon looks humongous, but because that's the piece that you are missing, it perhaps could replaced with a smaller gun? twin heavy bolter?

Finally, it took me ages to get some photo's up on the site, it constandly kept saying the connection was broken during transmitting.
    Either the site, or my connection, hmmz.
    Well here my version of the Leman Russ Panzer IV, nice and chunky, and not the small size that the GW-ones have, impossible turrets and all.
    Regarding my spare Forgeworld Turrests, it was more a hint of selling or whatnot.. not actually not knowing what to build with them o Whell
    Mind you, this is still WiP. i am atm busy painting the side in an italian style marking, white background with a green cross on it.

More to come.
    Last edited by Rhaivaen; 17-09-2009 at 02:53.

Quote Originally Posted by Freaketchic View Post
    I saw you were asking for ideas for some spare forgeworld Leman Russ turrets. Here they go my two cents:

I use 1/35 Tamiya halftracks for chimeras (I prefer them to 1/48 because I feel it would be easier to fit 12 people+crew inside)

And thinking of your turrets I did this mock up with a Leman russ one:

The cannon looks humongous, but because that's the piece that you are missing, it perhaps could replaced with a smaller gun? twin heavy bolter?

Completely agree here, it's funny how the infantry models are mostly oversized steroid musclemen, but the vehicles suffer from the opposite affliction...
    Thanks for the reply!

Brother Sergeant

Great conversion on the Panzer, do you have a Leman Russ for scale comparison?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Johan View Post
    Great conversion on the Panzer, do you have a Leman Russ for scale comparison?

(Un)-fortunately not, but when i go to the GW in Middlesbrough i will try to make a comparison shot, btw, does anybody know how to downsize jPG's? because i have some WIP cavalry pics, but cannot upload because they are to big...

The asked for comparison photo's uploaded the darn photo's but can't get the link to show them...
    I copied one of Claus's piccies just to see what is going wrong here...and removed it so it doesn't get unneeded view etc.
    Solved it! woot... now to upload my cavalry piccies.
    Last edited by Rhaivaen; 23-09-2009 at 15:22.

WIP but i can finally upload them so there you go.
    Last edited by Rhaivaen; 23-09-2009 at 15:17.

I would have expected at least some replies after i uploaded all these nice piccies... but ab-so-lutely nothing.
    O well.
    Here some more WIP

Good base idea and well planned work mate ... and nicely done too .
    You really like those ships design, don't you ?

Chapter Master

There can never be too many Krieg armies, and yours is shaping up well - the unexpected, full plate armour rough riders and naval tank turrets compete on being the best as of yet.
    I certainly didn't expect Cadian bodies to go so well together with Empire bits. Hm...
    Go naval!

Quote Originally Posted by andrea1969 View Post
    Good base idea and well planned work mate ... and nicely done too .
    You really like those ships design, don't you ?
    Well, any further then basic ideas i haven't gone yet..

Quote Originally Posted by N0th1ng c4n b34t 3lv3s View Post
    There can never be too many Krieg armies, and yours is shaping up well - the unexpected, full plate armour rough riders and naval tank turrets compete on being the best as of yet.
    I certainly didn't expect Cadian bodies to go so well together with Empire bits. Hm...
    Go naval!

Thanks for the compliment, I do try to achieve something original. However slow it goes.

those horsemen look cool!. also i like the gaming surface you used.
    Havokas's Space Wolves, Blood Angels and Death Korps
    http://www.warseer.com/forums/showth...30#post4081930

Quote Originally Posted by havokas View Post
    those horsemen look cool!. also i like the gaming surface you used.
    Thanks for the compliment, although not quite finished, they do look the way i want them. Except fpr the fact none of them have lances, lol, but game wise they do, uups,

Gaming surface? the table the tank is photographed on? thats a gaming table in GW Middlesbrough actually.

I have decided that since most of the cavalry are not equipped with lances, and seeiing that those weapons are one shot weapons anyway, I am not going to model the remaining ones with any attempt at modern lances...

Ryzan Husarz-Grenadiers (Horse heavy cavalry,
    Grenade Launchers?)

From Wikipedia:
    Hussar (pronounced /həˈzɑr/, /hʊˈzɑr/, or (spelling pronunciation) /həˈsɑr/; Hungarian: huszár, pronounced [huˈsaːr], plural huszárok; Polish: Husarz (heavy cavalry), Polish: Huzar (light cavalry)

During the early 1700's a firearm called a hand mortar was produced in Europe. This was a shoulder-fired weapon intended to launch a grenade at the enemy. However, little evidence exists showing that hand mortars were ever widely used in grenadier units.

With this in mind i think its cool to equip the 2 special weapon options in the rough-rider squad with grenade launchers.. more for fluff then for effective play

Small update.

Yes, still alive..
    My camera died on me, the LCD screen is fubar..:cries:, and dont have the money for it atm to get it repaired.
    Am still slowly painting, mostly on the cavalry unit, I've added 4 more of which 2 have special weapons (Grenade Launchers and Melta Guns, so in-game they can have either, and still count as wysiwyg)
    The sgt is nearly finished.
    Even though Rough Riders might not be the best choice in the list I still intend to make it the mainstay of my army, as i looooove cavalry (esp. Hussars)
    Maybe even make a 2nd unit as fast attack, swamp them with 20 fast cavalry on a flank or something
    On top of that, I am trying to decide how to go about converting a strumgeshutz IV.
    Initially I wanted them to become my Destroyer variant.., I was also looking into the possibility of using a Panzer IV Brummbar (Sdkfz 166) as my variant for Demolisher, but all the available models at 1/35th scale are severely overpriced.. so I am a bit stuck in that regard. I have 2 sturmgeshutz IV's and i have 4 barrels which are even larger then the main weaponry of the shadowsword variants (in real these barrels are the muzzles for blowtorches) but they would be lovely for my Imperial naval "project" (if that ever gets going...)
    I might be able to use those barrels for either Medusa or Collosus guns, they are that big!.. hmmz..

and lastly a question, where do you peeps buy guitar string to use as wound up wire etc? any on-line preferred shops?

Last edited by Rhaivaen; 15-03-2010 at 01:01.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast