Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Plastic Grey knights/

Plastic Grey knights/

Not sure on validity or timing of this, but has anyone else heard of Grey Knights coming out in plastic within the next year or so? My FLGS owner, a longtime GW independent retailer, was told to not restock on the metal GK boxes and blisters as they were due to be replaced with plastics. Given the detail GW has been able to cast in plastic of late, I wouldn't be surprised, and it might make them semi-affordable ('cept Terminators who are still expensive as heck in plastic too).

Re: Plastic Grey knights/

Wow. That would almost convince me to pick some up. Not sure how likely it is though.
    The Tale of Guilders

That's just... like... your opinion, man.

#| ||||||||||||||||| W ||||||||||||||||| |#

if they did i would def start my GK army i also want to get, and why not with the stormtroopers going plastic it would make sense
    "Bow wow wow"
    Space wolves
    Death Gaurd & Daemons
    IG (stocking up - and on hold)
    Terror Lords (on hold)
    DA Fallen

I'd love to be able to replace all my NFW with plastic. It's so much easier to repair plastic when it breaks
    Iron Sharks Marines-2500/Dark Angels-7000/Sisters of Battle-2000/Tau-2500/Grey Knights-2000

Brettonians-2000/VC-2000/Skaven-6000/Ogres-2500/Beastmen-2500

Maybe, maybe not. The Design Team has been given a certain extent of free-reign in their designs and such. They could potentially do Grey Knights. It would be weird, but they'd probably sell.

On the other hand, they could simply be going to Direct Order.
    ...and a little help comes in a little glass vial in a gun pressed against her anatomy...

Things I'd love to do if I had limitless money: a new Salamanders army for 40K; a new Dark Elf army for Fantasy; an Emperor's Children force for HH *sigh*

Scout
    Paradise, Canada Rank: I are Serious Cat! Chaplain: Astrum Lux Lucis starlight - it's for girls!

Likely a shelf space/Direct Order issue.

I suspect we'd be hearing a great deal more on Codex: Ordos if GK plastics were on the horizon. Considering 2009 is basically full...
    If you love a Redhead, set Her free...if She follows you everywhere, pitches a tent in your front lawn and your new girlfriend disappears, you belong to Her, get used to it .

What you say about other people, says far more about *you* than it does about *other people*.

Check out my ravings at Geek-O-Rama, where I'm now reviewing and covering Geek-related activities. If you see me at a 'Con, come and say Hi.

RIP Jon Wilson/Brimstone. 1967-2009. Memorial for Jon Wilson/Brimstone

I'd love to have them, but it's doubtful anytime soon.
    Codex Ordos would be a lot of new plastic kits I'd think. Inquisitor with Retinue, GK, GKT, SoB, upgrades for SoB...

It would be unexpected but awesome if plastic GKs came out along with the Demon second wave
    "As I've always said, Wes is wise." - Scryer in the Darkness
    "Wes, if you keep this up you'll need to change your name to MajorWiseJanson." - Azzy
    "Many boffins died to bring us this information." - Forgeworld Announcement E-mail
    "Rest assured, Servitor 13 has your best interests at heart. Now let's fire up the lascannons." - GW changes their web privacy policy.

I'll agree with the direct order crowd.

Then again, a staffer (salty I know) from Manchester GW was murmuring about planetfall again with relation to guard, and the power armoured grey knights aren't that nice or varied which is what puts me off GK army so... hmmm. Perhaps this rumor is not as salty as it all seems...

Also, if there going to do an all Ordo book, releasing essentially three plastic armies (SoB, Deathwatch, and GK) all at the same time would hurt sales as people are force to choose rather then impulse buy.

So, I say, plausable, probably, but all a bit salty at the moment.

And what of the one army in metal that NEEDS plastic before anyone else at this point?

But then, their only girls after all.
    Go back to the ashamedasylum

Quote Originally Posted by Kettu View Post
    And what of the one army in metal that NEEDS plastic before anyone else at this point?

Sisters is a far more drawn-out army.

I've heard Grey Knights are just past the horizon so to speak, and not to expect them until 2011 or 2012. This was from multiple sources in the area, however that can be subject to change, and even with the fact of multiple sources should be taken with a grain of salt.

Why do Sisters deserve it more? Both armies are all-metal, and we really need cheaper Grey Knight Terminators.

Quote Originally Posted by Kettu View Post

I would love plastic Sisters. They need it badly.
    --Kyn

Armies: Waaagh! Žursblóš, Hivefleet Orochi

Given the lead time on some of the kits, I wouldn't rule this one out but on the same token, I am not holding my breath.

Had you asked me a couple of years ago if the GK's (or SoB's) were ever likely to be plastic, I would have said no,emphatically.
    These days, I'm not so sure, look at the AoBR warboss for an example, that's a four part model, assume something like a GK (which is essentially a marine) would come in a lot more bits and it's hard not to believe that it's possible.
    40K spend '09: £205.70.'10: £87.50.'11: £29.00. '12: £89.00. '13: £35.50. '14 £75.50.

WANTED: Elysian Shotgun & appropriate arms. Cairn Wraith metal face.

Brimstone. Gone but not forgotten.

Chapter Master Scryer in the Darkness's Avatar

I've only heard of it as a rumour as something they are working on in the background. i.e. seeing if it is feasible with the idea of rolling it out if it is. A bit like the talk of converting the Valkyrie to plastic a couple of years ago. Haven't heard anything lately, so I'd assume it'd still be a long while off yet if they have decided to do it at all.
    Void... blissful void.

Forge World is already selling GK minis/parts that have no rules (yet), so why not plastic GK from GW. Considering the next Imperial Armour/Siege of Vraks supposedly has GKs, it is not unlikely that we might see some plastic GK of some sort even if we do not get new 40k rules for them. Then again, Harry won't tell us the third codex planned for 2009, maybe it could have some GK in it.
    "After all, the Space Marines need something to fight against, and it can't always be Chaos!" -Phil Kelly

GK are likely going direct order and nothing more at this point. That is why GW tells retailers(through the order form usually unless they've changed that practice) not to re-order blisters/boxed sets from an all metal range, and not because they are doing them in plastic. GW discontiues metal models that are to be replaced with plastic versions about 6 months prior to the release, and plastic GK are not coming out in July, let alone a codex to support them. Any models can of course be done in plastic one way or another, but don't expect anything Inquisition-related this year and I'll be very surprised to see anything for them next year either.
    *Things I've Done For Retail Sales *40K Project Log *Fantasy Project Log *Airbrush Information & Advice
    40K Armies: Dark Angels Tau Orks Eldar
    WFB Armies: Vampire Counts Bretonnians High Elves
    Quote Originally Posted by Inquisitor Jones
    Epidemus, who, at the battle against Khorne, did righteously shift paradigms with the creation of a goal oriented task force that successfully reallocated Khornate resources into Nurgle driven benefits capable of sustaining them through the next fiscal quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by squeekenator View Post
    Why do Sisters deserve it more? Both armies are all-metal, and we really need cheaper Grey Knight Terminators.
    Sisters are all metal army which is often troop heavy and at any point value is one of, if not the most expensive, Mainstream armies in the game.

The minis that we use are one of the oldest metal minis in the game still in production and considering they fulfil one slot on every branch of the FOC this has gotten to a point where they NEED plastics and soon.

Grey Knights on the other hand point for pound are pretty much average for an army. They are expensive but you don't need as many per army and so don't spend much in the end anyway.
    The local GK player added it all up for me once, they ended up cheaper then most SM armies are at 1000pts (Excluding AoBR or battleforce boxsets.)
    Go back to the ashamedasylum

Can someone give me a link to Direct Order. this new GW website has me.... *mad*

Chapter Master Scryer in the Darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brother_fandango View Post
    Can someone give me a link to Direct Order. this new GW website has me.... *mad*
    "Direct Order" means GW Mail Order Direct, i.e. you can only order said products from GW Mail Order (read online store) or in-store at some GW Stores, rather than them being available on-shelf.
    Void... blissful void.

Scout
    Paradise, Canada Rank: I are Serious Cat! Chaplain: Astrum Lux Lucis starlight - it's for girls!

Quote Originally Posted by brother_fandango View Post
    Join the club. I haven't visited their site since the change to the Central Portal of Doom that breaks all links so I can't find what people are trying to link to...

Oh well GW, you can't sell stuff to people if they can't get onto your site to buy it...
    If you love a Redhead, set Her free...if She follows you everywhere, pitches a tent in your front lawn and your new girlfriend disappears, you belong to Her, get used to it .

What you say about other people, says far more about *you* than it does about *other people*.

Check out my ravings at Geek-O-Rama, where I'm now reviewing and covering Geek-related activities. If you see me at a 'Con, come and say Hi.

RIP Jon Wilson/Brimstone. 1967-2009. Memorial for Jon Wilson/Brimstone

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast