Thread: SabrX's Project Log

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

SabrX's Project Log

In celebration of my 1000th post and 201st thread, I've decided to create a project log of all my armies still being built of painted.

Mission:

Here I will post pictures and updates of armies I'm currently working on.

Please bear with me, I'm not an experienced painter like everyone else. I'm open to any advice.

A little about myself:

I started playing Warhammer 40,000 in late 2007. My first army was Tau, which I bought and painted 2000 points worth in less then a month. It wasn't anything fancy, just primed black and base Shadow Grey. Later I washed all my models with badab black. I just wanted a complete painted army before I started any long term projects.

I've cycled through many armies. My first army was Tau. Later on I bought 1500 points of Chaos Space Marines, but sold them. My thirds army Space Marines, but I got sick of playing them. I sold off all my Space Marines except my Terminators, Dreadnought, and Land Raiders, which I used to start a Deathwing army.
    But eventually, I sold my Deathwing Army off as well. My next army was Sisters of Battle. I started out with a conventional mechanized list focused on Exorcist and Battle Sisters. Eventually I expanded to Immolator Spam and later on added Seraphims. As of now, I have roughly 4000 points of Sisters. That's $1,600 USD worth of models. Last summer I bought 2000 points of Eldar off a friend. As of now, the three armies that I own are Tau, Sisters of Battle, and Eldar.

I'm more of a gamer then an artist. What really got me into Warhammer 40,000 battle top gaming. It's like playing Chess, but better! I spend a lot of time thinking up optimal army lists and searching/analyzing tactics in Tactica Threads. I also apply my new knowledge to games and record battle reports.

But that's not to say I'm the kind of player who will bring all his/her models too the board unpainted with little regards to appearance. Quite the contrary, I appreciate good art and it's my philosophy all armies should be reasonably painted with at least a base coat. At least all my armies are primed before I play with them.

Anyways, on to more important things, I present my test models which is my ideal paint scheme for my Sisters of Battle army. Note that they aren't 100% completed, but are the samples for my overall color scheme.

Here's a Veteran Sister Superior. My color scheme is white armour and red robes.

Last edited by SabrX; 17-04-2011 at 01:46.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Thunder View Post
    Because debate is a tool by which we discover and refine truth. By disagreeing with one another and stating the reasons why, it becomes easier to see where the correct answer lies. Without the back-and-forth, much of the benefit from this thread would be lost.

My Project Log featuring: Tau and Sisters of Battle

Links to my battle reports