Thread: Thor's Apocalypse Formation: Plague of Zombies

Thor's Apocalypse Formation: Plague of Zombies

I'm working on an apocalypse formation to utilize my Typhus model. I've had him for quite some time and haven't been able to get any real use out of him. I have a few pics here with him and 40 zombies. I will probably fill out the number to 70 or so.

Re: Thor's Apocalypse Formation: Plague of Zombies

wicked so far dude
    keep it up!!!
    "DEATH IS NOTHING COMPARED TO VINDICATION..."

Step 1: Find Kharn
    Step 2: Point Kharns towards Cadia
    Step 3: ???
    Step 4: Profit!

Not far from J25 of the M1, or Nottingham

I love zombies!
    I'm looking forward to this a lot!

Mm. Brains.

I think you should kitbash some more zombies. They'll look great with a few cadian or catachan parts in there...
    Plog of Jericho - Wood Elves, Daemons, Beastmen, CSM and Whatnot.

MD: You got a christmas gift?
    House: Yeah, 'cause I worship Santa. Or wait, is that Satan? I always get them mixed up.

AWESOME job on Typhus! Would you mind telling us how you painted him?

Quote Originally Posted by Necromancer2 View Post
    AWESOME job on Typhus! Would you mind telling us how you painted him?
    I base coated with dark angels green. Then I took every green, red, and flesh color made by GW and dry brushed each in patches so each one slightly overlapped parts of others. Along the way I did a flesh washes every 4 or 5 drybrush shades. I ended it with a light drybrush of rotten flesh....wash, s'more rotten flesh. I use this type of technique for all my nurgle stuff and it comes out different enough of the time where everything looks coherent but unique.

Thanks for the encouragement guys.

More Zombies, deffinately more zombies, they look WAY better on round bases as shambling individuals.

What formation is this you speak of btw?
    Fleets of steampunk airships need playtesting; Above the Seven Seas andSteamflight Games - the, now official, website of Above the Seven Seas
    Cross of Roses ANOTHER system? You ask... yes, I am that mad, thisone will be skirmish-sized

The Dark Fae, my Warriors of Chaos army with a different theme than normal. Updated 28/2 09

Veteran Sergeant

Zombies...Hooray!
    They make everything cool. You could mix the fantasy zombs with Guard bitz like lasguns, just for effect

Can't wait to see them painted
    "Glory of Tanith, Spirit of Verghast, Fury of Belladon!"

Happy Chappy's First and Only

Happy Chappy's Resident Evil log

Quote Originally Posted by Neknoh View Post

What formation is this you speak of btw?
    The formation is called plague of zombies. I think its only in the downloadable datasheets on the gw site. basically typhus or chaos lord with 30+ zombies who all get FNP, but are SaP outside a certain range from the lord/typhus. I just thought it would be fun to paint zombies and to have a bunch of cheapo models on the field with low toughness but FNP. Typhus and 70 zombies are about 600pts. If you use a lord instead that drops to about 500. These point costs are between the Plague Tower and the Plague reaper...so opponents will have to really consider if they want those infected zombies reaching them or if they should ignore the hard hitting tank/tower.

I'm still on the fence about including cadian/catachan/other non zombie components into the horde. I know it looks cool, but I wanted to give it a sense of being a much older group having dropped their helmets and lasguns and whatnot......but i had to include some scythes etc, not to keep it in line with typhus, but because there aren't enough empty hands to make all the zombies in the box. You need to include arms with them holding stuff. Maybe I'll include some cadians as the ranks grow....maybe. The great thing about projects is that they tend to grow a life of their own once started.
    Last edited by VikingThor; 18-02-2009 at 18:08.