Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast

Thread: Perry twins announce WotR range

Re: Perry twins announce WotR range

ManAtArms up to order from Caliver. The cottage is under "scenery". While you are there, take a look at the scenery from 4Ground.
    Inquisitorial Advisor - Battle Group Imperators Aegis
    The Death Korps of Krieg @ FW

Chillin' like Gilligan, out on a an island, fishin' with my string and bamboo

Quote Originally Posted by Axel View Post
    While you are there, take a look at the scenery from 4Ground.
    I had a look at some of thier stuff earlier; when I get around to puting together my ECW table I will be getting some of their stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty
    What the Modsticker said.

Chapter Master

I guess it is time to order my MAA sets soon, now that they are officially available.
    Who is Griefbringer? Read his poem.

Quote Originally Posted by Cenyu
    Since World of Warcraft players manage to get themselves killed due to exhaustion, why should Griefbringer not manage to get himself killed with a regiment of table top miniatures. YouŽd be a pioneer.

They look nice.
    Free your hobby! Be creative and stop slavishly following the damn Book.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osbad View Post
    Anyone calling the LotR system's balance inferior to the other 2 core games' is just spouting absolute rubbish and clearly doesn't know what they are talking about.
    RIP Brimstone.
    I used to read the GW Other Forum, but I am much happier now.

Chapter Master

Anybody got their plastic men-at-arms yet? I do not expect mine to arrive until next week.

Since World of Warcraft players manage to get themselves killed due to exhaustion, why should Griefbringer not manage to get himself killed with a regiment of table top miniatures. YouŽd be a pioneer.

Chapter Master

Apparently, my week-old order from Caliver Books has not even shipped out yet (since I have not been billed for it yet).

I am still hoping that they will arrive before the hay fever time hits me.

Hey guys, hope you don't mind me posting this link here but i figured its the best place for people interested in WotR (who might also be PC gamers/Mount and Blade fans)

Alpha footage of new PC game: War of the Roses

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=a_zXOQI7qFE
    Pris: Must get lonely here, J.F.
    J.F. Sebastien: Not really. I MAKE friends. They're toys. My friends are toys. I make them. It's a hobby.

Let us know when they arrive, Griefbringer. I have an order pending with Caliver, too, though not as long - and I never had any delay-problems with them before.

Apart from delivery, any news on how the actual kit works out will be welcome.

After reading a couple of artilces on the fall of Granada I am thinking of buying a couple of boxes of the infantry to represent the defenders. Sadly I can't really use the mounted men-at-arms as the Spanish Muslims had moved away from heavy cavalry by then and their horsemen were (almost exclusively) Jinetes.

Still, I may have to find an excuse...

Chapter Master

Quote Originally Posted by Axel View Post
    Let us know when they arrive, Griefbringer. I have an order pending with Caliver, too, though not as long - and I never had any delay-problems with them before.
    Still no sight of my order from Caliver (haven't even been billed yet), time to contact them soon I guess. That said, I probably would not have time to get involved with the models until some time next week, so I am not in a hurry.

There are a couple of articles out there by people who have received the kit and constructed a few models - especially the ones done by Captain Blood are worth seeing (though I cannot at the moment recall on which website those are to be found).

Chapter Master

I managed to locate the posts where Captain Blood assembles and paints the men-at-arms:

http://www.lead-adventure.de/index.php?topic=40936.0

I would recommend checking all of those 15 or more pages of it - there seems to be new pics all over the place.

Also, if you can find the posts where Captain Blood assembles the infantry, then those are certainly worth checking.

Some more pics of the painted men-at-arms can also be found here:

http://je-lay-emprins.blogspot.com/

I quickly scrolled through Captain Blood's thread; he gives a very good look at the models.

Chapter Master

I WANT THEM, all of them. Those minies do look good. IMHO, good minies to work with have added to the results.

Oh, it will take me some more time....BUT, I will have them too. More photos please.
    I am therefore I think OR I think therefore I am?

MaA Arrived this week from Caliver. Now I only need the time they deserve...

Looking at the sprues, it seems that there is only one torso per sprue that would be suitable to represent scurriers, is that correct? Or am I misinterpreting and it's the lack of barding on the horse that is commonly used to represent scurriers?

Chapter Master

Depends on how well armoured you want your scurriers to be - the metal ones on the Perry website seem to sport quite a variety. But the models on the sprues indeed are wearing full plate armour (as they are intended for men-at-arms), with one of them having a livery thrown on top.

Enterprising modellers might try swapping upper bodies with ones from the infantry sets for lighter armour, but that would still provide one with fully armoured legs for all of the riders, which might be an issue.

Speaking of the infantry sets, I guess I should order one more of each of them, so I can try mixing them with all of the extra bits from the men-at-arms sets (as well as doing a few body swaps to provide variety for the cavalry units). That is, once I receive the cavalry sets in the first place...

I ordered the perry European mercenaries from Maelstrom yesterday, and now I think I'll get the mounted versions. I need to get a ton of gw bases though. Since I play fantasy they'd look massively out of scale on the little flat green bases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Litcheur View Post
    Note to 40k players : switching to historicals will get you laid.
    \m/ Metalheads of WarSeer \m/ <- click

I'd reccomend something like these
    http://www.litko.net/categories/Mini...e/Millimeters/
    over GW bases. Much cheaper and you've got a huge variety of sizes and materials to choose from. I'm using the 3mm thick ones myself with Gripping Beast and Warlord Games minis and like them. My Warhammer minis are somewhat over sized compared to the historicals but I explain that as they are different races anyhow! I haven't mixed any historical minis into my Empire army.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Lunchalot View Post
    I mean really what seems worse. A grown man who is still able to play a game, or a grown man who is afraid to admit he plays a game and calls his toys "finely crafted hand painted miniatures of various sci-fi and fantasy soldiers"?

I've been using the 3mm Litko bases for a while, and I'm very happy with them.

Chapter Master

Same for me. I have used (still have some) Litko"s bases for over a year now. They do work for me.
    I am therefore I think OR I think therefore I am?

Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast