Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The Grand Revolution of Comrade von Stahl

The Grand Revolution of Comrade von Stahl

EDIT: The new thread- http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=327963

--

Behold, Comrades! For I am making a report of Glorious Comrade von Stahl's progress, as his valiant Red Guards (Bretonnian Peasant Army) battle their way through hordes of Counter Revolutionary Imperialists and Monarchists, Immortalist Elves, Warmongering Orcs, Magocratic Vampires and Daemons, and whatever other hells the world has to throw at them-all in the name of bringing the Oppressed Proletariat to Class Consciousness and Freedom in a Stahlist-Talinist Society!

Forward, Comrades, to Victory!

Part I: The Lustrian Incident

Thought for the day: As every ship needs a helmsman, so does every revolution need Stahlist Thought.

Comrades! Our mighty forces on the Lustrian Front have officially began to make revolution, in an engagement against the evil Daemonic and Lizardman Forces! If you have been keeping an ear open for Comrade Commissar for Communications Bronstein's frequent pegasus carried messages, you will be aware that, until recently, the despicable Empire Capitalists had also dispatched an army to oppose them; but our wise Comrade Commissar for Nationalities Hugh of Bampton strode out to the tent of their commander and spoke to him, inflaming him with his passionate rhetoric about bringing revolution to the world, and when this failed, appealing to his greed with two hundred crowns of the immeasurable riches of the Red Guards. So we fought alongside our former bitter enemies in the name of our Comrades, and of Victory!

Armies (a team battle, with about 1000 points per player. Empire and Bretonnians vs Lizardmen and Daemons.)

Comrade Heinrich Von Stahl's Red Guards

Commissar Hugh of Bampton (Great Weapon, Virtue of Empathy, Shield, Great Weapon, Questing Vow. General.)

Comrade Communications Commissar Leonhardt Bronstein(Pegasus, Shield, Lance, Virtue of Noble Disdain.)

Comrade Commissar for War Stephan Grunwald (Virtue of Discipline, Grail Vow, Barded Warhorse, Battle Standard, Biting Blade.)

Comrade Commissar for Magical Affairs DuBois (Level 2 Damsel with one Dispel Scroll. Got the Gift of Life and Mistress of the Marsh.)

The Quenelles Red Guards (19 Men at Arms, Full Command. Contained Hugh.)

The Unified Red Bowmen (16 Bowmen, Braziers, stakes. Contained DuBois.)

The Proletariat Leadership Committee (9 Knights of the Realm, Full Command.)

The Capitalistic Empire Allies

Warrior Priest (Great Weapon, Heavy Armour.)

Captain with Dragon Bow, Armour of Meteoric Iron

20 Spearmen (Full Command.)

Two 10 man Handgunner Detachments

8 Knights (Full Command.)

Hellblaster

Mortar

Cannon.

((We didn't measure points values accurately.))

The Theocratic Lizardmen

7 Cold One Knights (Full Command.)

25 Saurus (Full Command.)

12 Skinks

Skink Priest (Heavens- Forked Lightning, something else with lightning.)

The Magocratic Daemons

20 Bloodletters (Full Command.)

20 Daemonettes

6 Flamers

Herald of Tzeentch. (Lore of Death.)

Herald of Slaneesh.

-------

Terrain was a hill on our side, with a patch of trees on our left flank. (Table was 3 feet wide, 4 foot deep.)

We deployed in unison to save time. Our hill was a multi layered affair, and so we were able to deploy the massed gun battery on top, where they could fire over the handgunner detachments on the next level down, who were supported by the Empire Spearmen led by their Warrior Priest, with their Captain nearby. Cowards to a man, for they were hiding behind none other than the bold men of the Red Bowmen on the ground, who were deployed in one rank, and were protected by a row of defensive stakes, cunningly deployed in order for them to buy time so as the massed guns of the Empire could pour fire into their foes. Comrade DuBois was with them also, hoping to be able to slow enemies down with her powers. Our left flank was taken by by the Knights of the Realm (accompanied by Comrade Grunwald's Battle Standard), and Comrade Bronstein on Pegasus back, hoping to bolster the morale of the peasants with inspiring words and drawn steel. On the right of the hill came the Red Guards themselves, formed into four ranks and led by brave Comrade Hugh of Bampton in person. And to their extreme right came the Knights of the Empire.

The enemy deployed their skirmishers-flamers, skinks, skink priest and Herald of Tzeentch-behind the woods, which (despite the massive firepower of the Flamers) caused no fear whatsoever amongst the Proletariat Leadership Committee facing them! The Daemonic infantry filled the middle of their line- Bloodletters to the (enemy's) right of the Daemonettes, with the Saurus lurking just behind. And on their own left flank came their Cold Ones.

With the deployment settled, the roll for the first turn came, and I was there to take it. Of course, the Counter Revolutionary Mages of the enemy cursed it, so they went first!

((And here, I stop my post, for fear of doing something stupid and deleting it. More to come! Oh, and some music with which to accompany our endeavours: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFIS-8DIYX0&NR=1 ))
    Last edited by Awilla the Hun; 25-12-2011 at 20:55.
    Now just doing Battle Reports.

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=191378 for the Red Guards

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196677 for my Imperial Guard.)

"this is the best 40k stuff I have ever read." (Carltmc)

Re: The Grand Revolution of Comrade von Stahl

The first turn of the Counter Revolutionaries saw a veritable flurry of activities. With a great howl of rage, the Daemonic infantry (and second line of Saurus) marched forth as swiftly as they could manage, hellblades and claws raised in a foolish attempt to terrify our stoic Red Guards! Their skirmishers, as expected by wise Comrade Hugh of Bampton, advanced into the woods, making ready to commence firing next turn. The enemy Cold Ones spurred their horribly brutalised steeds into a walk, moving approximately half their normal pace as the gap between the battle lines began to close.

The magic phase was fairly uneventful. The mages of the Saurus and Daemons made a laughable attempt at hurting the Proletarian Leadership Committee, who were entirely unhurt thanks to their heavy armour, and revolutionary fervour (blessing of the lady.) But, of course, the foulest blows fall in the dark, as the Skink Priest unleashed a blast of lightning at Comrade Bronstein! For reasons unknown, Comrade DuBois failed to dispell it ((I hadn't played the game for a long time, and didn't know magic well- I didn't even try)), and the Bronstein's gallant pegasus was sorely wounded (twice.)

With that, the turn of the Red Guards and Empire began.

With a cry of "Forward, Comrades, to Victory!" the Proletarian Leadership Committee tried a charge at the Flamers in the woods, but cunning magics had misled them; the charge faltered out of range, leaving the cavalrymen dangerously exposed. Comrade Bronstein followed slightly behind them. The Red Guard foot on the right edged backwards and readied their shields for the onslaught of the foul daemonettes.

All attempts at spell casting were hurled back by the foul magics of the enemy; even Wise Comrade DuBois was thwarted, as her Mistress of the Marsh was out of range of the Bloodletters.

And now came the shooting phase, which was opened by a crack like thunder; both cannon and mortar blasted at the Daemonettes. And both great guns missed, both scattering into the Saurus! Such is the foolishness of blackpowder weaponry, Comrades! Three of the lizardlike warriors were cut down.

With a roar of "Nock, light, draw, loose!" our brave bowmen shot a great volley at the Bloodletters, the handgunners on the hill above them adding a great volley of shot, as did their strange Helblaster weapon. When the smoke cleared, ten of the apparitions had simply vanished into the abyss that had spawned them. A great cheer erupted from the ranks of the Red Guards, whilst the Handgunners bit their cartridges, and the sweating gun crews began to load their pieces once more.

Turn 2

Now, however, the enemy was in range of a key charge. With a deafening roar of bestial rage, the Bloodletters hefted their weapons and pounded towards our bowmen, their distance increased by a banner that they carried. But our brave men were not to be moved. "Reload, comrades, reload!" DuBois cried, bracing her staff amongst the mass of defensive stakes. "If you retreat, you will be stabbed!" barked Grunwald through his speaking trumpet. The volley was shot, but none of the Bloodletters were harmed, curse them! Bow makers are to be watched closely in future, comrades, lest any repeat performances should take place. The Cold One Knights attempted a charge, but failed-such is the ignorance of the Saurus, and their cruelty towards their mounts!- and their beasts stumbled towards the Knights and shot of the Empire.

The rest of the Daemonic-Lizardmen line advanced a little further, and made ready to attack.

No less than five of our valiant Commissars in the Proletarian Leadership Committee fell to a combination of Daemonic fire and dread sorcery in the ensuing carnage, but the survivors (including noble Comrade Grunwald) remained unbowed, levelling their lances at the Flamers and reciting verses from our Beloved Stahl's works.

And so to close combat. Despite the stakes, the Bloodletters struck first with their infamous fanaticism, horrifically disembowling four of our archers. But our comrades fought back with their cold iron, forged by their comrades in the peasantry, and managed to slay two of their aggressors. Comrade DuBois herself fought one of the beasts with her staff, but such was its ferocity that she struggled to defend herself against it. The combat was won by the Daemons, but Grunwald's inspiring presence forced them to hold their line.

The Red Guard-Imperial counter attack began now. With their cry of "Forward, Comrades, to Victory!" once more sounding, the Proletarian Leadership Committee levelled their lances and charged into the Flamers, losing all but their Commissar (Champion), Standard Bearer, and Comrade Grunwald himself to their dread flames. With his own cry of "To arms, comrades!", Comrade Bronstein spurred his Pegasus into the flank of the Bloodletters, and, despite its dreadful wounds, it obeyed.

But, of course, the Empire betrayed us! Despite plees for assistance from the Red Bowmen below them, their spearmen refused to charge the bloodletters! ((Not fear; my ally just didn't attack. Capitalist.)) And, furthermore, their Knights, despite repeated orders to charge the Cold Ones, failed in this most simple of instructions! ((Fear test failed.)) The aristocrat is never to be trusted, comrades, for he is a weak, cowardly, wicked man, of the greatest sloth and arrogance.

Once again, our magical arsenal failed to impact upon the daemons; Comrade DuBois was too busy in hand to hand combat with the direst of foes to provide any support.

Neither, alas, could our Red Guard Bowmen shoot their weapons at any foes; they were assisting in crushing the Counter Revolutionary Daemons. Happily, whilst the Imperial Engineers consistently fail in their promises to bring their marvels of technology to the masses, they occasionally show some aptitude with their instruments of killing, and even more occasionally do their weapons work properly. Their mortar and cannon once again fired. Their cannon overshot completely, but their mortar round detonated in the midst of the Daemonettes (who were preparing to attack our gallant Red Guards under Comrade Commissar Hugh), and killed six of them alongside another volley of handgun shot. The Hellblaster opened fire at the Cold Ones, and came close to compensating for the ineptitude of their knights; five were swept away under its fire, leaving two (who survived the volley perfectly intact.) Even their Captain joined in, readying his dragon bow and trying a shot at the skinks; but, as such weapons are made by the spells of the mage, rather than by the hands of the Proletariat, it missed its target.

Battle now raged across out lines as hand to hand combat continued. Our brave bowmen continued to fight the Daemons, and (now aided by valiant Comrade Bronstein) killed two of the Daemons, but again lost four men, and again held ranks. Grunwald's Charge, though, for all their valour, was less successful; for, although they killed one Daemon, all save for Comrade Grunwald himself were slain. But this committed revolutionary held out, with his sword drawn and bloodied with the ichor of the daemon.

Turn 3

With a venemous hiss, the skinks threw themselves at Comrade Grunwald, who simply raised his sword and prepared to attack his foes once more. The Cold Ones, although but two remained, chose to chastise the cowardly aristocrats opposing them with a charge, which crashed into their ranks. But, more significantly for our own cause, the Daemonettes charged at Commissar Hugh's own Red Guards! They held, revolutionary will coursing through their veins ((but only hitting on sixes.))

Magic was insignificant, once again, and Daemonic-Lizardman shooting did not take place, as their marksmen had made the foolish mistake of attacking Comrade Grunwald-this most proud defender of the Oppressed Masses-with their spears and tentacles.

Once more did hand to hand fighting rage across our lines. Once more did our bowmen lose one of their men, and banish one of their Daemonic foes in return, and once more did the fighting there continue! Comrade Grunwald was wounded by the foul poison of the Lizardmen attacking him, but once more laid about himself with his sword, beheading one of his opponents (who are from the bourgeoisie class of the Lizardmen, and are to be punished for their evil ways!), and the fight their continued. The knights of the Empire held their foes in check, but did no more.

But Comrade Commissar Hugh of Bampton's Regiment was in grave peril. The foul whore who led the daemonettes (Herald) offered a challenge, beckoning with its claws. Comrade Junior Commissar (champion) Pierre nobly accepted, and, despite fighting bravely, was decapitated. (Only wounded once.) No less than five of our brave Red Guardsmen were killed themselves; but their brave leader, Comrade Commissar Hugh, was not to be distracted from his duties by temptresses, nor unmanned by the killing, and swung his immense halberd (great weapon) in a vicious arc, cutting two of the daemons in half with the strength that he had grasped from threshing wheat. His men held thanks to his efforts.

And, with that, the Lizardmen and Daemons withdrew as inexplicably and as rapidly as they had came. ((The battle ended because both the lizardman and I had to go.))

----

That was my first battle report ever, and I learned a few things. Peasant bowmen behind stakes take a lot of killing, and that battle standard bearers are very useful indeed (as are knights/Commissars offering leaderships to pesants.) It was decided as a draw in the end, and was enjoyed by all, fought among the "polite" of people at the expense of my communists, the shotgun noises from someone's phone at his having discovered a commie in their midst, communist slogans bawled out by me, and the general sounds of GW at work.

Any comments? This thread will contain more of the efforts of the Red Guard, and (once I become brave enough to put so very many of my details on photobucket) even pictures of their exploits, painted in the latest Stahlist-Realism ((very realistic-indeed, photo realistic)) style.

Forward, Comrades, to Victory!

Well done! I saw your army idea, I didn't think that you'd go through with it, so well done on that. Nice report, too!
    If GW delay Skaven 7th edition release, I will be like for 5 minutes. then :cries: for 10 minutes. Then I'll raise an army and march on GW :chrome:

For context, I said that when I thought that skaven would be released back in june...

Ow! My eyes are burning out from reading this propaganda!

I really like that you made such an effort to stay in character for the whole report. Not exactly sure why, but nice job.
    I'd never really thought about it before, but since arriving in Fairbanks I've discovered that a complete 4000 point army consisting entirely of female models painted in pastel colors is pretty darned intimidating.

Takes a lot of time to write battle reports in this kind of style.

Well done
    The only cure known for the dreaded illnes of Ruleslawyeritus is a swift dosage of punchinthefaceicilin. -Tapok
    The 7 Habits of Effective Gamers: http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232493
    The ONLY reason i joined this forum was to join Malorians arenas. - teafloy_the_damned
    Join the Arena of Death!: http://www.warseer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25
    Me on Youtube!: http://www.youtube.com/user/MrMalorian?feature=mhum

To quote V.I. Lenin: [!!]

Thoroughly enjoyed the report, and all the in-character stuff was great

Props on the list too, quite unique!

- Salvage
    Quote Originally Posted by Apologist View Post
    ... but screw the rules Ė I think it looks cool.

More action next Thursday, Comrades! And possibly before! Such is the unconquerable might of the Red Guards, loyal servants of the revolution!

Quotes on the Glorious Red Guards:

"Oh look, a Pegasus with a *German 1930s Fascists Symbol*!" ((Admin, you can't turn this off for mentioning anything to do with that war and that side, can you?)) (On a slightly dodgy crossed scythes symbol painted on a Pegasus wing, like old fashioned fighter wing markings.)

"I have a Communist! *shotgun sound effect*" (A blueshirt's phone, and his voice.)

"Better Red than Dead!" (Me, hopefully with a Vampire Counts player in earshot.)

"Why are they allying with an Absolute Monarchy?" (My opponents.)

"You may be counter revolutionaries, but you can shoot well." (Me on the Helblaster.)

"Forward, Comrades, to Victory!" (Me frequently.)

(Here's the link to the project log.) http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180895

(ADDED): And the reason why I'm doing all this in character is a) it's cool (it would add something if the Empire players did their reports in ze Imperial Accents, the Orkzez with Da Orky Speek, and so on), and b) I'm writing a fantasy novel, with a USSResque(!) country as its protagonist nation, and I'm having plotting issues. This is my way of keeping the rhetorical juices flowing.
    Last edited by Awilla the Hun; 03-04-2009 at 18:29.

Chapter Master

Wow...I'm not sure what's better written, the propaganda or the battle report...
    Last edited by Dexter099; 06-04-2009 at 21:02.
    CSM 4th edition: 7/1/4 (W/T/L)
    New DE Webway Portal: 2/1/0
    Hordes of Chaos: 14/2/7
    Saying the other guy was cheesy is a crutch so you donít have to admit any personal failings. Make excuses! Donít face painful truths, donít improve, donít ask for a friendly rematch, just be bitter and mutter under your breath how you should have won.
    -Tiger Raja

That battle report was brilliant!

Up the revolution!

Keep going dude!
    "You are cordially invited to 'The Congress of Vienna'. Music by Beethoven & Ultravox. Dress Military Casual."
    Quote Originally Posted by only joking... View Post
    I would happily take home the award but since you set your leg on fire...Maybe not.

Banned

Ah, such a warm feeling to know that the teachings of equality and freedom for all men, as written by the great thinker Yefimovich upon has found a solid home in the far southern lands of Brettonia.

All hail to the revolution and to Tzeentch, the liberator of men

In anticipation of tomorrow's battle report (or, at least, me starting to write it) I have obtained some propaganda fresh from the printing presses of our noble cause. Pictures are of the "Ultra Social Realism" (i.e. photographed) style, and are the property of Awilla the Hun. I hope this works!

If it does, suggestions for more will be appreciated. The posters are on Microsoft Word 2003, but were copied from the powerpoint of the same year (I think), so that may explain any difficulties you may have. I haven't done anything like this before, so I'm sorry if the shots come out badly! (Note: I have only just realised how big the photos are compared to the slides. Prepare for some cramped pictures...)

And, in defence of the painting style: they are an ill painted labour of love, but a labour of love all the same. I really don't know any better, but I intend to take lessons.

((Legal Note: All images are made by the person known as Awilla the Hun on Warseer.com. If you redistribute them without my permission, I will hunt you down, and do nasty legal things to you. This also applies to any other images made by me. If this somehow contradicts laws made by warseer, this is without the knowledge of the writer, and the writer apologises for his mistake. I am also ignorant of laws on this issue.))

Still to come: Pic depicting the entire army, and more! Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Edit: Just realised that it hasn't actually uploaded. I will now try again. If it doesn't work this time, can someone please tell me how it does work? I just put the word document into the manage attachments thing and clicked upload. And if it has attached and I don't know about it, how do I access it via the attachment/make it accessible?
    Last edited by Awilla the Hun; 08-04-2009 at 17:53.

very entertaining and highly educational reading there, comrade. I'll look forward to the proletariats continued fight(s).

I see no picture, have no idea how to fix it sorry
    Happiness is having an alibi and a big backyard to bury the bodies

Well, I tried to put an attachment on, but it failed after taking ages to upload. Oh well. It seems like there won't be any propaganda apart from what I tape onto their diorama/tray when (they will eventually go to a tournament, mark my words. And, even if they are poorly painted, I have heard that a "Best Army" award is possible.)

I also probably need lessons in the manufacture of dioramas, but I'm sure that such things are available in the Modelling section.

ATH,

That was brilliant!!!

I am anxiously awaiting to read more.

Well done mate!

You must be very dedicated or very crazy to do BR's in this style, anyways keep it up
    God of Battles on Facebook
    Fantasy Battle Games played since 2010 log
    WoC 21, Orcs 17, Beastmen 11, Ogres 9, Tomb Kings 9, Demons 3, High Elves 1, Brettonians 1, VC 1 71
    Other games
    40K 11, Gods of Battle 10, Malifaux 7, Saga 5, Deadzone 3, Dreadball 2 38

Part II: A Song of Steel and Fire

Thought for the day: Let a hundred flowers of revolution bloom!

Comrades! Our forces have once again been beset by an army of vile daemons, who seek nothing more than to destroy all that we have struggled for in the name of freedom and Talinist-Stahlism! Our Swift Comrade Commissar for Communications Bronstein, whilst flying on one of his patrols, came upon a burned and shattered village. Of course, his kind and belevolent nature impelled him to land and investigate further, along with his two ((Newly Painted, and pretty good if I say so myself)) Comrades.

What they found makes one's heart fly out to the poor and oppressed, who are so feebly protected by their uncaring aristocratic masters. The village had been attacked and destroyed by a horde of Beastmen, and its occupants forced to flee to a nearby cave known as "Le Caverne de Daemon" in the tongue of their nobles. How appropriate the name came to be, for (villains are they are) their knightly leaders neglected to tell the peasants that the cave was cursed, and that hordes of daemons were even now beginning to materialise in the mortal world, and were slowly marching forth.

The surviving inhabitants of the village were thrilled to learn of our Revolutionary Cause, and all signed up to oppose their masters. Comrade Bronstein first ordered them to abandon the cave as quickly as they could, and then to arm themselves with whatever they could muster; for he could understand the high Bretonnian of the aristocrats, unlike the unfortunate villagers. He then flew to Glorious Comrade von Stahl's encampment, and begged him for assistance.

Our noble leader responded immediately, and sent his personal guards and leaders to assist, along with brave Comrades Grunwald and DuBois! He promised more assistance, and I know that it would have came, but a man on foot naturally travels less quickly than a man on horseback; and so it was that only the Proletarian Leadership Committee, led by DuBois and Grunwald, along with our Commissariat for Communication arrived at the village, to find the occupants holding pitchfork, scythe and hunting bow in readiness for their defence.

And then a great cry erupted from the cave mouth, as if the very bones of the earth were sighing; and a horde of strange, blue creatures poured forth. "To Arms, Comrades!" Grunwald ordered, before drawing his sword. Another battle had began.

------

Army Lists were of 817 points each (my opponent let me have 17 more.):

The Caverneville Revolutionary Committee

19 Men At Arms with full command (led by Comrade Commissar Pierre, with Great Weapon, Virtue of Empathy, Shield, Great Weapon, Questing Vow. General.)-The Caverneville Red Guards Brigade

16 Peasant Bowmen, with braziers and stakes.

The Proletariat Leadership Committee (9 Knights of the Realm, Full Command.)

Comrade Commissar for War Stephan Grunwald (Virtue of Discipline, Grail Vow, Barded Warhorse, Battle Standard, Biting Blade.)

Comrade Commissar for Magical Affairs DuBois (Level 2 Damsel with one Dispel Scroll. Got the Gift of Life and Mistress of the Marsh.)

Communications Commissariat (3 Pegasus Knights with full command.)

----

The Counter Revolutionary Daemons.

Herald of Tzeentch: The Elephant Man (he of the long nose, Master of Sorcery and substantial adorability.) Led 30 man horrors unit.

Herald of Tzeentch: The Other one (Master of Sorcery). Led about 15 horrors.

-----------

Table was 3 by 4 foot again. A big hill went vertically through the centre of our table, and another one on my right flank, along with some woods on the right-centre of the table.

I won the roll for deployment, let him deploy first. He set up his two blocks of flamers pretty much next to each other, but neither had LOS on the left flank of the centre hill. This was my trump card. I deployed by bowmen on my hill, Comrade DuBois behind the central hill, and then set up the Knights on the right (I should have put them on the left, in hindsight), before deploying the Red Guard infantry and Pegasi on the left, where his daemons couldn't see them.

I let him go first.

---

Turn 1 was uneventful in the extreme. The Daemons stood still, and tried to cast magic, but (owing to the hill) they could not see the Proletariat Leadership Committee! The daemon, comrades, is lacking in intellect, and only has raw magical power to his name. Courage, comrades, can master all of these.

Then came our turn. The Proletariat Leadership Committee advanced over the hill, and towards the daemonic scum awaiting them, with brave Comrade Grunwald at their head. The Red Guards to the left (how appropriate!) also advanced, with the Communications Commissariat just behind them.

Our magic was successful. With an irresistable blast of power, Wise Comrade DuBois unleashed the full force of the wood upon the smaller regiment of daemons, killing two of them! ((Good old irresistable force. A magical high point of my career, I'd say.)) Our brave bowmen, sadly, were out of range by a few feet ((inches)), and their volley fell short. Cowardly Daemons!

They proved their cowardly nature next turn, of course, as the larger regiment turned to face the Red Guards on the left, and the smaller regiment the Proletariat Leadership Committee on the right. Naturally, the rightists were hit harder by the magical hellstorm unleashed upon them. Despite the best efforts of Comrade DuBois ((3 dispel dice vs about 18 power dice)), the entire Committee were destroyed save for their standard bearer. Even Comrade Commissar Grunwald was laid tragically low, but I am informed that he will make a safe recovery. ((Well, DuBois does have gift of life. An after game spell doesn't seem impossible.)) Did their standard bearer do the honourable thing and hold? No, comrades! He turned and fled! On our left flank, the Red Guards were also struck, but only seven perished before the onslaught. They advanced with gritted teeth, levelled weapons, and a cry of "Avenge our homes!"-an inspirational example of revolutionary zeal and valour to us all, comrades!

Then came my turn. The Communications Commissariat flew as far as they could, hoping to get a flank charge on the bigger (leftmost) horrors unit, as did the Red Guards aiming for the front. In the onslaught of the vast magical power of the enemy, even Wise Comrade DuBois could do little. Our brave bowmen, however, were not to be deterred, and their volley killed two daemons from the right hand mob. ((Their power level was now reduced.)) They also shot down the last supposed Leader of ours for his cowardice ((two shots were out of range, so that's where they went...))

And with that came the daemon turn again.

Both mobs milled about frantically, like cornered beasts before the wrath of our men, desperately trying to bring their magic to bear upon them. And, alas, they were successful, as all our Red Guard infantry bar their standard bearer, Drummer, Junior Commissar and Commissar survived. But still they held, weapons levelled.

With a great cheer of "Long live the revolution!" ((A likely story! They haven't really been indoctrinated very much, after all)), they charged over their own dead, charged through the mass of blood and magefire, polearms ((I used polearms)) held high. The Communications Commissariat followed, lances and pistols ((a conversion, nothing more)) ready, right into the front ((almost, but not quite a flank charge)) of the awaiting regiment.

Once more was magical power swept away. Once more did the bowmen shoot a volley. And once more was battle joined.

Three of the foul daemons were sent tumbling into the abyss ((rubber lances, I fear)), but at the cost of two brave Red Guardsmen! The Communications Commissariat withdrew, the cowards, but their comrades on foot continued to fight to the death! ((I thought it was a double 1 to survive a test involving outnumbered by a fear causing enemy-I could be wrong-but they passed it! The Red Guard fights on, with or without its supposed Revolutionary Leaders.))

And then came the final turn. The fleeing Communications Commissariat were struck by more magical fires, leaving just their musician alive, who fled off the battlefield. He is a disgrace to our cause, Comrades! The Red Guards fought on still, they who had been so little inducted into our cause, they who now proved so willing to die for the Liberation of the Oppressed Proletariat! Two more Daemons were hacked down, and that was the last that anyone saw of the Red Guards, drowning under a great wave of Horrors, always facing to the front, never letting their fear show to the slavering fiends. If you are to die, comrades, and I very much hope that you shall not, then you are to remember the brave men of Caverneville!

((Actually, their Commissar ran, but no one noticed it.))

A final volley of arrows exhausted the ammunition of the bowmen, so they and Comrade DuBois were forced to withdraw.

((I conceded the game, and I hadn't enjoyed it at all. My enemy was far from the most appealing or aimiable of opponents to play against to start off with, apart from his adorable "Elephant Man" Herald. His army was ill painted, and he just wasn't a nice guy. I gather that he is learning the error of his ways the hard way: people with Tourney Armies in non competetive gaming clubs just don't get played against. His next opponent, who used Vampire Counts, simply stopped playing him in disgust-not because he feared his enemy, but because he got laughed at too hard for the "Invocation of Ganesh" or some twisting of words like that, and its association with The Elephant Man. It was also, it must be said, his army. Unless I had deployed substantially greater magical defence-three dispel carrying damsels, say-I see no way how I could have combatted it on such a small table. If I had deployed the knights of the realm on the left flank, it would have been very crowded, units would have probably got in each others' way, and he would have just moved his daemons to shoot at them.

But still, the Red Guards died as well as ever.))

Glorious Comrade von Stahl is choked with grief about the deaths our forces suffered, and has vowed that they are not in vain. Due punishment has also been issued to all cowards and traitors in our ranks. They are to be purged, Comrades! Purged!

ouch! really not much you could do against such an "army". some 8-10 levels of magic? in 800 points?

oh well, guess he'll run out of players soon enough. A good showing anyways, you got to weed out some of the cowards from your honoured regiment
    Happiness is having an alibi and a big backyard to bury the bodies

He told me that he was kind for not choosing to use any flamers.

If there's only him left to play fantasy with, Comrade von Stahl may decide to halt his revolution until more Red Guards can be mustered. I'll try and play against someone that isn't daemons next time, comrades.

Veteran Sergeant

Yikes! That has to be one of the angriest builds I've seen in a while... In a friendly, 800pt game! May the Stahlists find other enemies to sacrifice for the great Revolution! Forward, comrades!

-Evii

Thats a ridiculous army for a small game.
    God of Battles on Facebook
    Fantasy Battle Games played since 2010 log
    WoC 21, Orcs 17, Beastmen 11, Ogres 9, Tomb Kings 9, Demons 3, High Elves 1, Brettonians 1, VC 1 71
    Other games
    40K 11, Gods of Battle 10, Malifaux 7, Saga 5, Deadzone 3, Dreadball 2 38

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast